Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:52:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem  (Read 80395 times)
Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2016, 07:06:52 AM

The Yobit Exchange wallets are still not working and I still have GreenCoin floating around somewhere out there. Is there any other place to purchase some GreenCoin and send them to our personal wallets?

My wallet is now sync'd...I can sell you some GRE...pm me and we can discuss price BTC/GRE or another coin?

I wasn't looking to make an investment.  I was just trying to figure out if my wallet was working alright.  It seems to be synchronized but the coins I sent from Yobit several months ago have not yet arrived.  I am in the process of purchasing an off grid property in an area that receives optimal solar, hydro, and wind energy and as a hobby, I'm looking at starting a project devoted to cryptocurrency which is completely powered by renewable resources....this project seems to be specialized toward that goal.

No worries...would you like to conduct a quick test? Send a few coins 1 ~ 1000GRE to Gekks5JSETVbdSHHYL9Gfbkqy27CsRa9HS and I will send them back.

OR

Give me one of your addys and I will send you some coin to return.

Does this help validate your wallet?

Note: Yobit seems to be up a fork...I have 1000000GRE floating around in there  Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mrbodz

Activity: 800

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 11:12:24 AM

the problem is its yobit. theyve done the same with a number of coins. I paid them some btc on behalf of another dev 0.5 BTC i think which they kept without responding to the dev's ICO request
biodieselchris (OP)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2016, 08:27:13 PM

we will probably have to let yobit go and get on some other exchanges as things progress. Sorry it has been slow, everyone thanks for your continued support.

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2016, 03:28:23 AM

we will probably have to let yobit go and get on some other exchanges as things progress. Sorry it has been slow, everyone thanks for your continued support.

Anyone have any experience with Nova Exchange?   I've been thinking of starting to trade there but volume and prices seem poor.  What other exchanges are possibilities?
Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2016, 05:19:13 AM

Cryptopia is a good exchange too

Cryptopia is great! GRE used to be on there before the PoW / PoS swap...hope we can get back on there once the blockchain is stable

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 02:27:29 AM

Wallet appears to be back up and running. Successfully staked and rewarded after 2 shut downs....Back on the band wagon.

Viva le greencoin!

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2016, 03:13:26 AM

Wallet appears to be back up and running. Successfully staked and rewarded after 2 shut downs....Back on the band wagon.

Viva le greencoin!

Nice 1, cranky

Well, I was doing some testing with Ahmed and one of the commands that is supposed to work seems to officially "break" the coin for awhile. It probably creates a tx that the blockchain won't allow to be added, I am guessing, so it disrupts the mining for awhile until it somehow gets passed it. You can see where it happened between blocks 210042 and 210043. This is pretty significant. It may even be what happened back in May when things started breaking with regards to the staking, as long as someone was trying the same thing I did, I am sure this could've occurred. I'll post more if we can get things fixed soon.

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 07:38:39 AM

Viva le greencoin!

Nice 1, cranky

Well, I was doing some testing with Ahmed and one of the commands that is supposed to work seems to officially "break" the coin for awhile. It probably creates a tx that the blockchain won't allow to be added, I am guessing, so it disrupts the mining for awhile until it somehow gets passed it. You can see where it happened between blocks 210042 and 210043. This is pretty significant. It may even be what happened back in May when things started breaking with regards to the staking, as long as someone was trying the same thing I did, I am sure this could've occurred. I'll post more if we can get things fixed soon.

Happy to see the world again started flowing towards GRE.
Expecting a new lauch news from Chris soon.
Emperor-

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2016, 08:08:43 PM

My wallet was fixed for about 2 weeks now it's f'ed up again same as before. Stuck at a block below what's listed at https://chainz.cryptoid.info/gre/#!network yet i'm still staking so i'm forked. I'm not going to waste the time and bandwidth rebuilding the wallet.dat again to get another 2 weeks.
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2016, 04:31:28 PM

Slack channel up. PM me an email and I'll invite you:

https://greencoin.slack.com/

allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 15, 2016, 05:00:28 PM

Any updates?
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 01:37:30 AM

Any updates?

we'll make a tech push after thanksgiving

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 06:56:11 AM

Any updates?

Last payout were 29 Oct. Any chance of payouts this month?

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 06:06:34 PM

I got a message from Chris asking me "are you a renewable producer at grcoin.com?".
I answered I am a Greencoin supporter but not (yet) registered as a renewable producer.
The next day I was kicked out of the Greencoin slackchannel by Chris.

What kind of behaviour is this?
Kicking Greencoin-supporters out and limiting their access to Greencoin information sources?

This will not help Greencoin at all. Very disappointing...

The #Producers channel is specifically set up for current renewable producers. The idea would be this is where producers could post comments, questions and concerns about their renewable systems and how it relates to greencoin (not that anyone has yet). This is certainly not to "limit access" about GreenCoin. I invited you before checking to see if you were a producer or not. You are still a member of the slack community. The slack community is brand new and has been used very little.

I take personal offense to the "behavioural issues" comment. First of all we were having a private conversation and you could've PM'ed me first to discuss. I certainly consider that to be a "behavioral issue," because I would not have treated someone else in this manner (a.k.a The First Law of Kindergarten). Second of all, and this applies to others as well, the community forum like Slack is set up for others to communicate among the other members. Do you have contributions to make to #marketing? #tech-dev? I haven't seen a request to join any of these other channels.  I see a lot of "where' s this update / where's that update" all the time. Hopefully coming, but in the meantime, have you contacted me on where to donate cash for the developer fees? Have you asked how you could help if you have developer skills? Do you have lawyers breathing down your neck for a $50k tab or $1500 for the final movie payment? State registration fees? Corporate expenses? Hosting fees? Have you done anything to promote or otherwise grow the community? I get nothing out of this, I don't even have that many coins; they probably are mostly owned by some of the large producers and/or stakers (and I'm not even staking at this time due to the technical issues). The Foundation is a non-profit, which by definition loses money, and it most certainly pays me exactly $0 for my effort. If you're hoping to do absolutely nothing and punch a meal ticket in the future, you have that right, but I'm not going to sit here and take the negativity without response.

I've got one horse in this project and that's the holistic value of founding and seeing through the early stages of a purely peer-to-peer, free-market carbon emission trading mechanism. That's it. I do indeed appreciate anyone and everyone's support, but I have emotions too, and I definitely see what happened here very differently then how you do.

Taking a positive spin I hope to more users in the Slack channel as we start to grow. Defining some purpose to this growth this is what I was foreseeing:

• #general: Everyone is automatically a member of this channel. Foundation-level updates will be posted here. I'll also post them in this forum anyways.
  • #random: Everyone is automatically a member of this channel. The Foundation won't post anything official in here, it is just for the users to banter.
  • #producers: This channel is for current renewable producers. They will be automatically invited once they have joined the Slack community.
  • #marketing: You can join this channel by request. It's intended focus is on specific marketing and promotion for GreenCoin.
  • #tech-dev: This important channel is specifically set aside for development, security and technical aspects of the "coin" (blockchain software protocol).

I may add #web-dev shortly.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2016, 08:54:03 PM

hand up for #general #producers & #marketing

I am a slack virgin so will try to figure it out over the next few days

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 05:44:42 PM

hand up for #general #producers & #marketing

I am a slack virgin so will try to figure it out over the next few days

it's essentially a message board with channels. It's nothing special really.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 05:47:39 PM

Any updates?

working on these today. I intend to do this daily again in the future.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2016, 09:39:56 PM

Any updates?

working on these today. I intend to do this daily again in the future.

Cranky4u

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2016, 02:34:09 AM

"Greencoin is leveraging additional value with renewable energy sources that are in the hands of the average Joe." - details via slack

"A grass roots movement away from fossil fuel powered, fiat currency." - details via slack

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 05:52:27 AM

up to date on payouts. Will begin with the dailies again now.

New wallet probably very soon.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: