Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:04:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldBits - Newbie scammer  (Read 7616 times)
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:29:24 PM

Well the coin certainly looks the part.

I really don't know why GoldBits started a self moderated thread with a new account and deleted so many posts mostly of which I could see no harm in to sell a coin well under market value.

This all seems very strange to me Huh.

It adds up to nothing but future sketchiness to me, but maybe the seller had a stroke and was a horrible person before and now wants to make amends by selling under market by self moderating and refusing to escrow.

Grin. Looking at the pictures in his selling thread it looks like he's got some gold bars too which if he was looking to sell in the future would have been much easier if he'd gone about this the right way. I hate self moderated threads especially from newbies it gives me the impression they are nothing but scammers deleting anything that may disrupt their scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 10:31:36 PM

--snip
Elianite has been on the Goods sub-forum for a while now, and I have PM'd with him several times before.  I don't think he is affiliated with GoldBits.  
--snip

I agree to this.

I would have no 2nd thoughts about adding Elianite to my trust network.

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:34:03 PM

--snip
Elianite has been on the Goods sub-forum for a while now, and I have PM'd with him several times before.  I don't think he is affiliated with GoldBits.  
--snip

I agree to this.

I would have no 2nd thoughts about adding Elianite to my trust network.  

Couldn't agree more with both of you he seems a good guy.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:43:46 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 11:03:29 PM by hedgy73

Buyer received his authentic coin today. I'd say that turned out good! Smiley

GoldBits has deleted 3 of my recent posts on his thread.
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:47:59 PM

deleted my post too linking here for the coin pics.

Very strange guy
tins

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:48:14 PM

An odd post that was just deleted from his thread.  Sketchy behavior even if the transaction is successful. Noted.

Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by the starter of a self-moderated topic. There are no rules of self-moderation, so this deletion cannot be appealed. Do not continue posting in this topic if the topic-starter has requested that you leave.

You can create a new topic if you are unsatisfied with this one. If the topic-starter is scamming, post about it in Scam Accusations.

So far I count 15 negative feedbacks left for this guy. What happens if the gold coin turns out to be real? Will he still be branded a scammer?

Wise man say, troll with egg on face won't remove red trust.   Grin

Sad thing is, aside from refusing anonymous escrow (which is a forum guideline & NOT a rule) this has been such an easy & clean transaction.  Great communication from both sides (with expectations clearly set out), payment sent promptly, item shipped promptly. His BTC remaining unspent as promised...

Now we just wait for delivery & confirmation today (within 24 hours of the sale)!  Honestly, it's been like clockwork!

That's why the trolls are resorting to elaborate conspiracy theories.  What else can you do when a transaction goes this smoothly??  Grin

You seem coherent and composed, so you should be able to at least understand why so many of us would assume this is a scam, in process. (It may very well not be, but you have to admit it is understandable by selling at a couple hundred dollars under dealer cost, with a new account and no escrow).
If it turns out that you are legit and go on to have a few successful transactions with coins and bullion coming back as authentic, I will humbly quote my post (#39) and publicly apologize.
Until then, it seems too far out there selling below pawn shop prices.

Very odd, very sketchy.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:06:50 PM

Looks like he has some gold bars as well from the picture on the other thread.

If he was thinking about selling them in the future it would have been much easier had he gone about this in the proper way.

Deleting posts on his thread just makes people suspicious.

Bet he's gutted he cant delete these comments Grin.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:23:44 PM

Well the coin certainly looks the part.

I really don't know why GoldBits started a self moderated thread with a new account and deleted so many posts mostly of which I could see no harm in to sell a coin well under market value.

This all seems very strange to me Huh.

It adds up to nothing but future sketchiness to me, but maybe the seller had a stroke and was a horrible person before and now wants to make amends by selling under market by self moderating and refusing to escrow.

Grin. Looking at the pictures in his selling thread it looks like he's got some gold bars too which if he was looking to sell in the future would have been much easier if he'd gone about this the right way. I hate self moderated threads especially from newbies it gives me the impression they are nothing but scammers deleting anything that may disrupt their scam.

Also likely to be a long term scam. Act sketchy now, but everything turns out authentic. Then, when he's acting sketchy later, unloading the fake stuff in those pictures (http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/-NO-COPY-1-oz-Gold_60169167290.html), people will say "that's just the way he acts, it's sure to be legit".
Either way, the whole thing is off.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:38:06 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 02:07:47 PM by hedgy73

He's taking the piss now. Just deleted another of my posts in reference to this:

Hasn't been removed. Exactly as I predicted. What are the odds?  Grin  No, the self-moderation is because I ran out of troll spray. Works just as good though!

1oz gold bars coming up for sale soon, now that I'm proven a legitimate gold seller here.

'You're not proved anything until the coin you sent is tested and even then it could be a scam to sell fake stuff in the future. Deleting posts is a sure fire way to show you're hiding something and probably a scammer.'
PenguinFire

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:48:35 PM

He's lightening fast on the delete button Shocked Like a cowboy.

Hehe.  Scammers are very watchful because they know how active this community is.

EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 12:35:39 AM

Just a warning:

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/B88-1-oz-100-Mils-Gold_60077398459.html

I posted it on his thread but of course it was deleted in a few seconds.

So far I count 15 negative feedbacks left for this guy. What happens if the gold coin turns out to be real? Will he still be branded a scammer?

It's due to be removed. I don't get why anyone would sell this way but perhaps it turns him on.

Hasn't been removed. Exactly as I predicted. What are the odds?  Grin  No, the self-moderation is because I ran out of troll spray. Works just as good though!

1oz gold bars coming up for sale soon, now that I'm proven a legitimate gold seller here.

I might be interested in a gold bar. Let's see how this deals ends up first though.

Yes lets see, very doubtful about seller no doubt this will be deleted too.

Also, even if the first coin was legit, there's no guarantee the following (after he's "proven a legitimate gold seller here") are this:

So buying without escrow from him will always be an unacceptable risk.

Clearly his intention is to make people trust him and make them send first without escrow.

Most probably he will either run with the money or send back fake coins.

AJRGale

Activity: 767

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:39:51 AM

im just sitting here waiting for the "..and the coin is fake" post

but only if elianite didn't feel embarrassed by it..

i wish i was in elianite shoes too, willing to throw a few btc at someone looking so fishy like that.
AJRGale

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:42:41 AM

Just a warning:

I posted it on his thread but of course it was deleted in a few seconds.

It's due to be removed. I don't get why anyone would sell this way but perhaps it turns him on.

Hasn't been removed. Exactly as I predicted. What are the odds?  Grin  No, the self-moderation is because I ran out of troll spray. Works just as good though!

I might be interested in a gold bar. Let's see how this deals ends up first though.

Yes lets see, very doubtful about seller no doubt this will be deleted too.

Also, even if the first coin was legit, there's no guarantee the following (after he's "proven a legitimate gold seller here") are this:

So buying without escrow from him will always be an unacceptable risk.

Clearly his intention is to make people trust him and make them send first without escrow.

Most probably he will either run with the money or send back fake coins.

i would buy a gold bar off him, if he can prove its not a fake. but noting stops him from sending a fake too.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:43:57 AM

Yeah the big question is whether the coin is fake, I hope for eliainite's sake its real.

Think the big problem will be whether the next sale will be real or fake, with so much negative feedback it will be hard for him to sell anything anyway.
AJRGale

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:54:15 AM

Yeah the big question is whether the coin is fake, I hope for eliainite's sake its real.

Think the big problem will be whether the next sale will be real or fake, with so much negative feedback it will be hard for him to sell anything anyway.

all it would take is another "lets just trust this guy" elianite.
AJRGale

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:13:36 AM

they see me trolln' and hatin'

I'm happy to see you are a reputatable seller.  I fully endorse your gold sales!

Thanks very much Smiley
wayneyoyo

Activity: 606

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:36:23 AM

no the real question is if the sale was real or not. If the sale was faked then it would only be installing confidence into potential buyers. There is no rational person that would actually sell gold coins at below spot price.

If the sale was real then the seller is simply taking a loss to build up confidence to be able to scam others.
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 01:47:43 AM

You got balls

Looks like they paid off

A good warning for everyone. Its worth noting that the quality of the pictured coin is completely different then the real thing.

im just sitting here waiting for the "..and the coin is fake" post

you'll know the final word within 24 hours.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
hardhouseinc

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Most Advanced Crypto Exchange on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 01:52:07 AM

WTF???
I deal in alot of gold coins each year, buying and selling, and
those Alibaba clones look like a vending machine plastic coin.
They aren't even close.
Any collector with 6 months experience could spot that crap.
What a scam joke.

▄▄▄▄
            ██████▄▄
            ██████████▄
            ████████████▄
       ▄▄███   ▀▀█████████▄
    ▄███████       ▀███████▌
  ▄█████████         ▀██████▌
 ▄██████████           ██████
▄███████████
████████████
████████████
████████████
▀███████████
 ▀██████████           ██████
  ▀█████████         ▄██████▌
    ▀███████       ▄███████▌
       ▀▀███   ▄▄█████████▀
            ████████████▀
            ██████████▀
            ██████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀
|
CRYPTOCIRCLEX
THE MOST ADVANCED CRYPTO EXCHANGE ON THE BLOCKCHAIN
|

██ ██
███████████▄
  ███   ▀▀███
  ███     ▐██
  ███    ▄███
  ██████████▄
  ███    ▀▀███
  ███      ▐██
  ███     ▄███
████████████▀
    ██ ██
    ▀▀ ▀▀
#Forum ANN

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█  ▀▀     █ ▀█▄
█  ▀▀▀▀   █   ▀█
█         ▀▀▀▀▀█
█      ███▄    █
█   ▄██  ▀██   █
█  ▐███        █
█  ▐███        █
█   ▀██  ▄██   █
█      ███▀  █ █
█          ▀▀▀ █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#Whitepaper

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
#Facebook 

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
#Twitter         

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
#Medium     

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
#YouTube   

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

#Telegram
|
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 01:55:16 AM

WTF???
I deal in alot of gold coins each year, buying and selling, and
those Alibaba clones look like a vending machine plastic coin.
They aren't even close.
Any collector with 6 months experience could spot that crap.
What a scam joke.

They actually even say 'COPY' on the reverse. not a scam at all.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: