Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:15:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GoldBits - Newbie scammer  (Read 7616 times)
AJRGale

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:05:17 AM

proof of sale? who'd you sell it to? and why did they not do any tests? legitimate gold buyers would do tests, especially hole-in-the-wall shops.

you just made my paranoia notch go up by one buddy.

there was a magnet test, 'klink' test, electric resistance test, and standard inspection. no XRF. The first place I went ultimately turned me down since they felt that a 2015 coin was suspicious when taken into account that I got 'a good deal' for it on the net. Second place happily took it, albeit for 3% under spot.

I dont have proof of the sale, and frankly I dont need to provide any here. Im just saying what went down. Take it as you will, with a grain of salt. I too wish GB used a reputable escrow; dosnt look like hes willing to do so in the future. its not my job to make you trust him.

> "frankly I dont need to provide any here."

yep, and we don't need to mark you as goldbits puppet, giving you the trust rating that he has. Its the unwritten rule here: no proof, no trust.
its simple, we run on the concept that everyone is here to scam until they show legitimacy for it otherwise, the fact that you don't even have a docket to scan and show us, says to us that you and goldbit is basically running a long con. its not hard to prove to us otherwise, the fact that both of you are acting the "No, you cant see it, it mine!" childishly, really doesn't sit well with us.

don't have proof, fine, tell us who sold it, one of us will talk to them. trust us, we, people of Bitcointalk.org go as far as knocking on the persons door to get legitimacy of items and sales. We have done it to "companies" trying to sell us hardware, we have done it to people trying to sell here. if you want to take it that far, its not hard to track people down here.

you have a camera, you went to see these test done, you could of recorded them.

> "Second place happily took it, albeit for 3% under spot. I dont have proof of the sale"

so you gave it back to Goldbit and got your BTC back? ignore the fact that the 4btc has not moved from that wallet..
you have no proof to say otherwise puppet

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2015, 02:31:54 AM

I wont post the info about a small gold buying shop here publicly, because the owner will prob get a dozen annoying phone calls. If you absolutely insist, im willing to provide that info to one person who I can trust not to spread it. That person can call them and ask if they bought a gold buffalo on Feb 26th.

They didn't give me a receipt. that's sketchy, sure. I forgot to ask for one. Im sorry people.

Quote from: AJRGalelink=topic=964881.msg10595353#msg10595353 date=1425002717
we, people of Bitcointalk.org go as far as knocking on the persons door to get legitimacy of items and sales. We have done it to "companies" trying to sell us hardware, we have done it to people trying to sell here. if you want to take it that far, its not hard to track people down here.

Sheesh people. This is literally the most scrutinized marketplace ive ever come across. I regret even announcing that I bought the coin. Thought I was doing a good thing while taking a chance, but all the sudden im being suspected of this and that. You could virtually buy warheads on the international market with less scrutiny then on here from a 4btc sale.

As for the wallet, I dont know when GB will move it.

Looks like blazedout is looking to buy... time to get out the popcorn.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
AJRGale

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:59:55 AM

I wont post the info about a small gold buying shop here publicly, because the owner will prob get a dozen annoying phone calls. If you absolutely insist, im willing to provide that info to one person who I can trust not to spread it. That person can call them and ask if they bought a gold buffalo on Feb 26th.

They didn't give me a receipt. that's sketchy, sure. I forgot to ask for one. Im sorry people.

Quote from: AJRGalelink=topic=964881.msg10595353#msg10595353 date=1425002717
we, people of Bitcointalk.org go as far as knocking on the persons door to get legitimacy of items and sales. We have done it to "companies" trying to sell us hardware, we have done it to people trying to sell here. if you want to take it that far, its not hard to track people down here.

Sheesh people. This is literally the most scrutinized marketplace ive ever come across. I regret even announcing that I bought the coin. Thought I was doing a good thing while taking a chance, but all the sudden im being suspected of this and that. You could virtually buy warheads on the international market with less scrutiny then on here from a 4btc sale.

As for the wallet, I dont know when GB will move it.

Looks like blazedout is looking to buy... time to get out the popcorn.

Welcome to my paranoia

and yeah, this place is hell for buyers and sellers. if you're not a puppet, or if gb isn't your puppet, you have guts..

alright, i'll back off, i maybe acting a little harsh on you, as you said blazedout is next in line, i'll get the butter, lets see how it plays out..

GB has rubbed all our furs the wrong way, made him a target for all the red flagged lawn-darts: newb + self monitoring thread + pay me 1st + "im reputable" + "don't tell me about middlemen" + "wont listen to you lalalala *delete*".

I was happy to buy off him till them, i would of been happy not using escrow, on my terms, but he wanted none of that. the way i see it here, since no one wants to use paypal, and wants to use btc, a non-reversible currency, without pay on site or pay in hand capabilities, everyone gets scrutinised, and everyone will scrutinise.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:18:43 AM
Last edit: February 27, 2015, 07:40:55 AM by hedgy73

I think this will be the one and only trade GoldBits does on this forum.

Looking at the latest post on his thread he's still asking for btc to be sent first and assume he's still not willing to use escrow.

GoldBits...Do you have any more of those sexy gold buffalo coins? Lets make a trade  Tongue

You send BTC first and I have as many as you want  Smiley
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 07:43:16 AM

His following statement really worries me -

GoldBits...Do you have any more of those sexy gold buffalo coins? Lets make a trade  Tongue

You send BTC first and I have as many as you want  Smiley

How can seller continue to sell unlimited gold at 20% + under spot.

Bearing in mind these are 2015 coins so not like he bought them years ago at a far cheaper price.

This whole situation stinks of scam and peoples greed is getting the better of them.
cyclops
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 11:35:23 AM

I will not remove my negative feedback, I believe this guy is planning an "elaborated" scam as many of you pointed out. First coin= gold, second maybe... and once a big order comes by... fake.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:28:20 PM

I will not remove my negative feedback, I believe this guy is planning an "elaborated" scam as many of you pointed out. First coin= gold, second maybe... and once a big order comes by... fake.

Same thing I was thinking.

Put doubters at bay with a first real gold coin...

at some point I think this will turn out to be a scam. Anyone not willing to use escrow who is a noobie on this forum has bad intentions.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

markj113 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:31:30 PM

Just had a thought - possible stolen goods?

Seller was very specific he did not want his location revealed possibly as the story would have made the news.

Untraceable bitcoin for payment so willing to take the hit selling below spot.

May be worth elianite having a quick check on google to see if any reported thefts have happened recently in the sellers location.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 02:33:03 PM

Seller was very specific he did not want his location revealed possibly as the story would have made the news.

May be worth elianite having a quick check on google to see if any reported thefts have happened recently in the sellers location.
ehh probably not. He just as easily could travel to a pawn shop to sell the coins. It would also not explain why he is not willing to use escrow.
markj113 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:10:22 PM

Notice the dodgy idiot expects others to provide escrow for him -

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=970025.msg10590130#msg10590130
AJRGale

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:15:55 PM

yep

hindsight now, already sold on.

GoldBits...Do you have any more of those sexy gold buffalo coins? Lets make a trade  Tongue

Bearing in mind these are 2015 coins so not like he bought them years ago at a far cheaper price.

This whole situation stinks of scam and peoples greed is getting the better of them.

he'd steal more Wink easy as brah
Dorrittulx

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 10:23:11 PM

yep

hindsight now, already sold on.

he'd steal more Wink easy as brah

He deleted my reply stating that it is virtually impossible to have an unlimited supply of 20% under spot gold coins.

He'll just keep deleting the post that he doesn't like.
AJRGale

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:00:45 AM

snip

He deleted my reply stating that it is virtually impossible to have an unlimited supply of 20% under spot gold coins.

He'll just keep deleting the post that he doesn't like.

all i can say is ignore the post, anyone who asks about the gold, just PM them this thread
AJRGale

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 06:24:37 AM

also as anyone noticed that GoldBits has turned off the trust rating on his little hole in the world?
elianite
Legendary

Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134

The Cryptonumist

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:05:29 AM

if I were goldbits i would just send first to blazedout. there's like 0.1% chance of him ripping you off. I assure GB that blazedout is trustworthy.

New book: BLOCKLAND: 21 Stories of Bitcoin, Blockchain, and Cryptocurrency www.cryptonumist.com/blockland
Author of Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies. View a free sample and Buy the book at https://cryptonumist.com
To prevent hacks, DO NOT send me BTC above $300 value before first emailing coins@cryptonumist.com to confirm. Beware of scammers on Telegram/Instagram etc.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2015, 07:23:49 AM

also as anyone noticed that GoldBits has turned off the trust rating on his little hole in the world?

Thats not possible, the thread was moved into "obsolete (selling)" which does not show trust rating.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 07:29:53 AM

I'm still scratching my head about this whole situation, it's the most bizarre set of circumstances I can remember on a selling thread.
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:24:31 AM

I bet 'Gold Bits' has plenty more "gold" buffalos in airtite capsules with the black foam protectors. For some people, it's all they ever use.

I have some 5btc Casascius coins. I took these off the original roll personally, and put them into airtites. Any fingerprints are Mikes!

0.11BTC for one
0.1BTC for 2 or more

Prices include tracked shipping to USA & Canada.

AJRGale

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:35:14 AM

Thats not possible, the thread was moved into "obsolete (selling)" which does not show trust rating.

Oh, didn't see that! i left a tab open to that page and just hit refresh
AJRGale

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:38:33 AM

I'm still scratching my head about this whole situation, it's the most bizarre set of circumstances I can remember on a selling thread.

whats got you? the way goldbits conducted themselfs? or the way people went over the top about it (i admit, im one of them)?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: