Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:55:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] GIPPT Delisting 100% paid.  (Read 19245 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 02:34:00 PM

Hmm, even though I suspect these bonds will have their rates lowered to ~1.8%, I think pirate lowering his rates will actually increase the value of these bonds.  I suspect more people will be wanting to sell the uninsured passthroughs and investing in insured ones.
I suspect these bonds will have their rates lowered to ~1.8%

I assume the rate stays the same, because the 2.5% is the interest from EIEIO, so Pirate lowering rates shouldn't affect our dividend.
The Rates will be lowered, as according to the contract I have the right to do so whenever pirate changes his rate.
So from this week onwards Gamma Insured Pirate Pass Through will pay 1.5% a week.
As before the bond will be insured and the payouts guaranteed as long as pirate keeps paying them Smiley
//DeaDTerra

In the case of where Pirate changes his interest rate, or the way he pays out the issuer has the right to change the contract appropriately.

So a 40% decrease in interest rates for a 29% decrease in pirate's rate is "appropriate"? 1.78% sounds more appropriate to me.
I will discuss it tonight further with INAU when he comes online tonight, it's not final just yet.
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:45:16 PM

After talking things over with INAU the new rate will be 1,8% a week Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Timbo925

Activity: 352
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 08:50:01 PM

After talking things over with INAU the new rate will be 1,8% a week Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Great Thanks Cheesy
lenny_
Legendary

Activity: 1036

DARKNETMARKETS.COM

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2012, 07:04:27 PM

Pirate has closed his BS&T. What will happen now with owners of GIPPT shares? Will you buy back all shares for 1 BTC each?

DARKNET MARKETS >> https://DARKNETMARKETS.COM
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 08:54:09 PM

Pirate has closed his BS&T. What will happen now with owners of GIPPT shares? Will you buy back all shares for 1 BTC each?
The shares will be bought back for 1 BTC independent on if Pirate defaults or not.
//DeaDTerra
Rockefoten

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 09:36:02 PM

The shares will be bought back for 1 BTC independent on if Pirate defaults or not.
//DeaDTerra

Good to hear! Stupid noob question: do we need to do anything (put up shares sale at 1 btc) or will the buyback be automatic?
Bjork

Activity: 457

Look for the bear necessities!!

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 12:24:12 AM

//DeaDTerra

Good to hear! Stupid noob question: do we need to do anything (put up shares sale at 1 btc) or will the buyback be automatic?

I'm assuming each bond will recieve interest also, so they should be bought back for ~1.018 each

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 05:39:16 AM

//DeaDTerra

I'm assuming each bond will recieve interest also, so they should be bought back for ~1.018 each
This will not be the case unless pirate pays out a last dividend. As the interest rate in itself is not insured.
//DeaDTerra
Muis

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:14:39 PM

I'm sorry to say, but I'm afraid it was a big mistake to invest in this bond.

If Pirate starts paying back on Monday, we will get our money much later as the people that invested directly with Pirate (without insurance). Pirate's paying back by account-age, so if you invested with BitcoinMax you will be one of the first, but with GIPPT it can take up to two weeks according to Pirate. After that, there will be some additional delay, because it has to be transfered to GLBSE. It seems we'll really be the last in line, and this is a big disadvantage while prices are dropping because of cashouts.

If Pirate decides not to pay back, we will also not see our money anytime soon. I expected INAU to start liquidating immediately after the news of the closing, but he has done nothing at all. The escrow funds are still with imsaguy, and INAU hasn't even requested them back yet. Even if he decides Monday that it's finally time to request a withdrawal, it will take at least two weeks, because he has to give imsaguy two weeks notice. After that, there will be some additional delay, because everything has to be transfered to GLBSE. So again, it seems we'll really be the last in line compared to the other insured bonds, and this is a big disadvantage as we don't know how the market will react to a default.

So in both scenario's, it seems GIPPT is the worst possible option. I really hope DeadTerra and INAU take their responsibility and buy us out this weekend, but it seems its just not gonna happen anytime soon.

ADgordo

Activity: 203
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:17:34 PM

If Pirate starts paying back on Monday, we will get our money much later as the people that invested directly with Pirate (without insurance). Pirate's paying back by account-age, so if you invested with BitcoinMax you will be one of the first, but with GIPPT it can take up to two weeks according to Pirate. After that, there will be some additional delay, because it has to be transfered to GLBSE. It seems we'll really be the last in line, and this is a big disadvantage while prices are dropping because of cashouts.

If Pirate decides not to pay back, we will also not see our money anytime soon. I expected INAU to start liquidating immediately after the news of the closing, but he has done nothing at all. The escrow funds are still with imsaguy, and INAU hasn't even requested them back yet. Even if he decides Monday that it's finally time to request a withdrawal, it will take at least two weeks, because he has to give imsaguy two weeks notice. After that, there will be some additional delay, because everything has to be transfered to GLBSE. So again, it seems we'll really be the last in line compared to the other insured bonds, and this is a big disadvantage as we don't know how the market will react to a default.

So in both scenario's, it seems GIPPT is the worst possible option. I really hope DeadTerra and INAU take their responsibility and buy us out this weekend, but it seems its just not gonna happen anytime soon.

Those worst possible options assume a default.  We do not know Pirate's financial situation, but we know that the DeadTerra is a respectable and honest member of the community.  INAU also has his reputation to protect.  You read the prospectus, you knew the risks and how the process would go.  Let's let this play out and let our man do his thing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Muis

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:49:59 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2012, 07:08:58 PM by Muis

Those worst possible options assume a default.  

No, as explained above, the worst possible option for GIPPT holders is the case that he does NOT default.

You read the prospectus, you knew the risks and how the process would go.

Even though, there wasn't a guarantee they'd be to in you 24/48/72 hours.

In the prospectus there isn't any timeframe mentioned how fast the pay out will take place. Even if's after 1 year from now, it would still not violate the contract in any way, but would that be fair? I asked DeadTerra to agree on a timeframe, but he has no idea about that. Obviously I was a bit too optimistic when thinking it would be a couple of days, but anything more than two weeks just doesn't seem fair.

The main reason why I'm unhappy with the situation is that I tried to get out GIPPT long before this whole situation. I sold as much as I could, but at no point there were any substantial amounts of bids, so I'm still stuck with most the shares. The only other option was to sell under IPO price. And now Pirate is closed, I'm still stuck with them for weeks/months, since I cannot get any guarantee about a timeframe.
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 06:59:33 PM

I can see that the delay can be a big problem for those who wish to cash out directly, but I disagree if you meant to say that for that reason GIPPT has turned out to be one of the worst insured PPTs. Actually, it has turned out to be one of the better.
For other insured PPTs you paid an insurance premium of 50-60% of the face value of each bond, with GIPPT you paid none. This is one of the main reasons I chose GIPPT in the first place.
With GIPPT you will receive the same amount of BTC that you put in if Pirate defaults . For other bonds, you will receive 1 BTC for each 1.5 BTC (+/-) you put in. Since Pirate defaulted so soon after insured PPTs became fashionable, you would not have had the time to profit from the higher interest rates these other bonds offered.

So I don't think you can say that it was a big mistake to invest in this bond, compared to other insured PPTs.

The only thing that worries me personally with the delay is that I won't be able to relax 100% before the money are in my account. I now there are reputable people behind this bond (that's why I bought them), but this being DramaCoin and all, you can never be too sure...  Smiley

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 07:07:00 PM

Since Pirate defaulted so soon after insured PPTs became fashionable

Pirate hasn't defaulted.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:10:16 PM

Since Pirate defaulted so soon after insured PPTs became fashionable

Pirate hasn't defaulted.

Sorry, I meant to say closed shop the wrong word came out. I'm probably brain washed by spending too much time on this forum...
Rockefoten

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 09:15:04 PM

For other insured PPTs you paid an insurance premium of 50-60% of the face value of each bond, with GIPPT you paid none. This is one of the main reasons I chose GIPPT in the first place.

That was my reason too, but as I've seen BTC price dropping 30% in a couple of hours, it may turn out to be more profitable to pay 50% insurance premium and have your coins back soon enough to sell them on MtGox, then to have to wait weeks for your money, and see prices drop even more.

I do see your point. I've got no intention of selling the coins just yet so it's not a problem for me, but I can see how it could be for others.
Bjork

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:06:04 AM

When will the insurance funds be requested?  All signs point to a default as of now.  If we are not payed dividends Wednesday then I would consider the funds "defaulted" and insurance should be payed out.

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 09:12:53 AM

Good question. When is it considered a default?
Muis

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 10:03:49 AM
Last edit: August 21, 2012, 12:48:25 PM by Muis

<DeaDTerra> It's a delay not a default, when he hasn't paid and no one has heard of him and we are sure he doesn't plan to pay then it's a default.
Bjork

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 12:00:02 PM

From the contract:

Each bond has a face value of 1 BTC and gives the holder the right to a 2.5% interest rate per week (0.025 BTC per bond and week). This interest will be paid as a dividend once a week on Wednesday at 21:00 (GMT+1).

In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.

Looks pretty clear cut to me.  There are only 2 possible "states" of the bond.

Non-defaulted: we receive 2.5% per week

Defaulted: we receive the insurance money. 

It would be reasonable to assume a few days or so to obtain the insurance money, but if the dividends are not payed Wednesday the bond should be assumed to be "defaulted" and the insurance funds should be on the way

ciuciu
Donator

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:40:25 PM

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: