Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:17:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are Bitcoins Martial Law Proof?  (Read 8160 times)
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:08:59 AM

does martial-law imply shuting down the internet and the grid?

wtf would people do?

no one could live in the big cites, theirs no power! this is pure madness. no one is every going to shutdown the grid for any reason, their isn't any profit in it.

Civilian massacres have been a prominent feature of martial law throughout history, and you don't think the government will shut your lights off if they have to?

You defeat it by having assets instead of debt.  In lieu of assets, you have population which can be harnessed to produce goods.  China wins on both fronts.  America has bred many enemies the past few decades.

If China decides to go to war with America, guess fucking what? There isn't any American debt to China anymore. That is a great deal for America and a death sentence for the Chinese economy.  There is nothing more valuable than the trade between these two nations you could gain from a war. 

I already agreed that war between the two is unlikely.  Multiple times in fact.  Learn to read instead of spewing insults.

No, you moron, you drooled out some bullshit about boots in response to nothing I said and have been making breathtakingly ignorant military arguments ever since even as I try to tell you military engagement between these two countries is irrelevant as it isn't ever going to happen, that doesn't mean I can't tell you that you are also retarded for thinking China has any kind of aircraft carrier program worth putting on a chart.

Sure... if you ignore hong kong.  From http://unstats.un.org/unsd/snaama/dnltransfer.asp?fID=1 (the first data link on the UN page linked to by the article) if you add yuan and hkd denominated manufacturing, adjusting for each currency's current rate, in 2010 China's manufacturing sector produced $2,046,522,254,485 or $2.046 trillion.  This is compared to the $1,855,967,100,172 or $1.855 trillion listed for the good old USA.

It isn't added for a reason, but try and remember that your down syndrome addled brain is discussing this because you suggested the American manufacturing industry is in cobwebs.  Even with these numbers, producing slightly less with less than half as many people is not cobwebs. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:19:23 AM

wtf would people do?

no one could live in the big cites, theirs no power! this is pure madness. no one is every going to shutdown the grid for any reason, their isn't any profit in it.

Ask Iraqis, Serbs, Libyans, or anyone else who found themselves in a country bombed or invaded by NATO in recent years. Hint: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/blu-114.htm

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:24:02 AM

wtf would people do?

Civilian massacres have been a prominent feature of martial law throughout history, and you don't think the government will shut your lights off if they have to?

You defeat it by having assets instead of debt.  In lieu of assets, you have population which can be harnessed to produce goods.  China wins on both fronts.  America has bred many enemies the past few decades.

If China decides to go to war with America, guess fucking what? There isn't any American debt to China anymore. That is a great deal for America and a death sentence for the Chinese economy.  There is nothing more valuable than the trade between these two nations you could gain from a war. 

I already agreed that war between the two is unlikely.  Multiple times in fact.  Learn to read instead of spewing insults.

No, you moron, you drooled out some bullshit about boots in response to nothing I said and have been making breathtakingly ignorant military arguments ever since even as I try to tell you military engagement between these two countries is irrelevant as it isn't ever going to happen, that doesn't mean I can't tell you that you are also retarded for thinking China has any kind of aircraft carrier program worth putting on a chart.

Sure... if you ignore hong kong.  From http://unstats.un.org/unsd/snaama/dnltransfer.asp?fID=1 (the first data link on the UN page linked to by the article) if you add yuan and hkd denominated manufacturing, adjusting for each currency's current rate, in 2010 China's manufacturing sector produced $2,046,522,254,485 or $2.046 trillion.  This is compared to the $1,855,967,100,172 or $1.855 trillion listed for the good old USA.

It isn't added for a reason, but try and remember that your down syndrome addled brain is discussing this because you suggested the American manufacturing industry is in cobwebs.  Even with these numbers, producing slightly less with less than half as many people is not cobwebs. 

Gotcha... dumb troll is dumb.

All you're doing in spewing personal insults and dodging my points.  I'm done here, and we're off topic anyway.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:26:52 AM

wtf would people do?

Gotcha... dumb troll is dumb.

All you're doing in spewing personal insults and dodging my points.  I'm done here, and we're off topic anyway.

If you are to believed, there are no points to dodge!  I posted that the US and China are stable countries that will remain so for centuries.  China because of historical and cultural legacy, and America because of a dominant military regime.  There was nothing about war between them until you drooled out something about boots.

All this pointless mind numbing derail is because you were too dumb to read that my original point was not about war between the two countries and you just now seem to have caught up. 

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:34:25 AM

I'm just arguing against your statement that "America is backed up by the most incredibly powerful military the world has ever seen".  In some situations, China would be superior, in some America would be.  I doubt there will be a head to head conflict though.

I really can't think of a situation where the US and China would go head to head, but if it happens, the results won't be nearly as cut and dry as you claim.

Learn to read.  You're arguing against a point I never made, and denied multiple times.

Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:44:17 AM

I'm just arguing against your statement that "America is backed up by the most incredibly powerful military the world has ever seen".  In some situations, China would be superior, in some America would be.  I doubt there will be a head to head conflict though.

I really can't think of a situation where the US and China would go head to head, but if it happens, the results won't be nearly as cut and dry as you claim.

Learn to read.  You're arguing against a point I never made, and denied multiple times.

You repeatedly tried to make the point that China is in some ways militarily superior because despite claiming it wouldn't happen you wanted to have some Tom Clancy wankoff about an American v. China war, you backed it up with some of the most idiotic statements in the history of this planet. At this point there isn't much more to be said, if you are still in school you need to start paying more attention.  If you have graduated you need to return to school and try and figure out what went wrong.  If you are employed, you should quit your job and go on disability for your mental impairment.  It isn't fair for any employer to have to put up with the liabilities you bring to the table.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 07:57:56 AM

Martial law  = maintain order and security using any necessary force. If the gird was to break down, then maybe we would need Martial law to maintain order until they get it back up. I dont think bitcoin would be effect at all by any country, even the US, declaring Martial law. One has nothing to do with the other.

Rarity  -> click here <-  you really need to read this.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:07:31 AM

You repeatedly tried to make the point that China is in some ways militarily superior because despite claiming it wouldn't happen you wanted to have some Tom Clancy wankoff about an American v. China war, you backed it up with some of the most idiotic statements in the history of this planet. At this point there isn't much more to be said, if you are still in school you need to start paying more attention.  If you have graduated you need to return to school and try and figure out what went wrong.  If you are employed, you should quit your job and go on disability for your mental impairment.  It isn't fair for any employer to have to put up with the liabilities you bring to the table.

China's military beats America's by about 700,0000 boots.  The US has slightly better hardware but it's still tough to say who is more powerful.

This is how it started.  I never said anything about them fighting each other until you said this:
I think the world government will mutually destroys themselves before I launch my first blockchain satellite.

I doubt the US or China are going anywhere in the next few centuries.  China is historically an incredibly stable civilization and America is backed up by the most incredibly powerful military the world has ever seen.  The two nations will keep the peace in the interest of their real goals,  world economic domination and control of information.  Replacing physical currencies with easily monitored and regulated electronic currencies like Bitcoin is merely a step in that process.

China's military beats America's by about 700,0000 boots.  The US has slightly better hardware but it's still tough to say who is more powerful.

They can't get those boots to the United States, and drones > boots, but I was not suggesting war between these two nations.  They are economic partners who are going to continue to work together to protect their mutual interests.

To which I replied:
I'm just arguing against your statement that "America is backed up by the most incredibly powerful military the world has ever seen".  In some situations, China would be superior, in some America would be.  I doubt there will be a head to head conflict though.

Looks to me like you're the one that kept pitting them against each other.  I was just trying to make state that China's military is arguably as powerful or possibly more powerful than America's.  Sure, it's kind of pointless since either force could crush any other military in the world, but the arrogance of Americans like you makes me sick.

All you seem to be able to do is insult my intelligence (which is 3 standard deviations above the mean btw) and put words in my mouth that I never said/typed.

Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:13:54 AM

The powerful thing is what makes it so fucking idiotic, there is no question the US military is vastly more powerful.  That's why you look like such a moron when you compare boots to aircraft carriers.  As I've been trying to hammer into the vast emptiness above your shoulders, the only instance in which relative power is comparable is the fantasy war scenario that will never happen.  

That is why when you vainly tried to compare them you had to fall back on:  
In some situations, China would be superior, in some America would be.  I doubt there will be a head to head conflict though.

...comparing who would be more powerful in a head to head conflict that isn't going to happen. Just please dude, go back to school. I can't help you with this, you need professional educators.  The Chinese military could not crush any military in the world, they are not even close to even being able to get to most countries in the world because they don't have half the navy and airlift and power projection capabilities the US does.  They don't have the hundreds of overseas bases.  They don't have the money to blow to support the whole thing because they have more important domestic priorities.

Military Spending:

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 08:15:24 AM

Vastly more powerful? any proof to this claim?

Anyone from China want to claim the opposite?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:17:48 AM

The powerful thing is what makes it so fucking idiotic, there is no question the US military is vastly more powerful.  That's why you look like such a moron when you compare boots to aircraft carriers.  As I've been trying to hammer into the vast emptiness above your shoulders, the only instance in which relative power is comparable is the fantasy war scenario that will never happen. 

In some situations, China would be superior, in some America would be.  I doubt there will be a head to head conflict though.

...comparing who would be more powerful in a head to head conflict that isn't going to happen. Just please dude, go back to school. I can't help you with this, you need professional educators.

Cool story.  I have nothing to say because you're attacking a point I never said and your quote from me doesn't address.  Reading comprehension ftw.

You obouisly prefer insults to an actual discussion.

Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:18:49 AM

The powerful thing is what makes it so fucking idiotic, there is no question the US military is vastly more powerful.  That's why you look like such a moron when you compare boots to aircraft carriers.  As I've been trying to hammer into the vast emptiness above your shoulders, the only instance in which relative power is comparable is the fantasy war scenario that will never happen. 

In some situations, China would be superior, in some America would be.  I doubt there will be a head to head conflict though.

...comparing who would be more powerful in a head to head conflict that isn't going to happen. Just please dude, go back to school. I can't help you with this, you need professional educators.

Cool story.  I have nothing to say because you're attacking a point I never said and your quote from me doesn't address.  Reading comprehension ftw.

You obouisly prefer insults to an actual discussion.

Good then, I am addressing no point because we entirely agree.  Why you felt the need to start this discussion with your boots is beyond any of us.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:27:55 AM

Good then, I am addressing no point because we entirely agree.  Why you felt the need to start this discussion with your boots is beyond any of us.

Are you schizophrenic now?  Or perhaps multiple personality disorder?  Or are you egotistical enough to believe you speak for the entire forum?

Regardless, I'm going to bed, so enjoy having the last word Smiley.

Rarity

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:31:08 AM

Are you schizophrenic now?  Or perhaps multiple personality disorder?  Or are you egotistical enough to believe you speak for the entire forum?

You seem to be the confused one, are our points now in conflict again? Make up your mind.  Do you want to stand by your idiotic comments or pretend you agreed with me the whole time, either way is fine with me.

blablahblah

Activity: 775
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 10:08:19 AM

Military Spending:

Refer to the bottom left-hand corner. The comparison is done in US dollars, which therefore makes it meaningless.
The exchange rate between the USD and CNY is contrived nonsense, and if I were to take a guess, the CNY is deliberately kept low in order to keep the bulk of the Chinese population working hard and unable to leave. Maybe there's some kind of decades' long agreement where the Chinese govt sold-out to the US, or maybe it's part of some long-term strategy for China to build-up their infrastructure and getting the rewards later. Either way, the current situation is unsustainable. They can't be the world's producers and poor indefinitely - something has to break.
punningclan

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Making a better tomorrow, tomorrow.

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 06:28:50 AM

Bitcoin relies on cryptography, the transaction network may need electricity and infrastructure but arguing that removing centralized regulated versions of these would destroy Bitcoin means arguing that folk can never be self sufficient and that would be ludicrous.

It was a cunning plan to have the funny man be the money fan of the punning clan.
1J13NBTKiV8xrAo2dwaD4LhWs3zPobhh5S
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 01:36:51 PM

http://bitcoinstatus.rowit.co.uk/

I encourage bitcoin users to use the Satoshi client or any other client that downloads the full blockchain so it is stored on your comptuer.  

Do you know how big ( Megabytes ) that is?

A USB passed around could help as well.
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 02:57:30 PM

I encourage bitcoin users to use the Satoshi client or any other client that downloads the full blockchain so it is stored on your comptuer.  

http://blockchain.info/charts/blocks-size

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
mobile4ever

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2012, 10:13:43 PM

http://blockchain.info/charts/blocks-size

Cool. Thanks! Looks like it just hit two gigs. That is easily passed around on a flash drive with plenty of room to spare.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2012, 02:17:48 PM

LOL.. Well.. 8gb's is the total size of my newly downloaded blockchain.. IMO that seems huge....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀