Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoinica Consultancy abandons customers. Bitcoinica to enter Liquidation  (Read 54898 times)
lonelyminer (Peter Šurda)
Donator

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 07:44:20 PM

I just realized that this is you (far left):
Congratulations Phinn, outstanding detective work. You however missed that I'm visible and hearable on the video recordings as well: http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Project:Bitcoin/Bitcoin_Weekend_2011#Recordings.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 09:04:57 PM

Is there any update on this stuff guys?  Seems like it has been a while since we have heard anything new. 
It's been less than a week... Of course, with all of the hackings/other drama, I can see how you've come to expect more (bad) news every few days/hours.

It's not necessarily matter of expecting bad news, but wanting to know how long "Chen" will be given to return funds before a receiver is appointed. The possibility exists that "Chen" will not return the full amount promised, so there needs to be a plan to proceed to receivership and liquidation at a certain point in time regardless of whether or not "Chen" has returned the funds by then.  As it's somewhat difficult to believe that a multi-millionaire could not produce $200,000 ($140,000 + 5000 BTC) within a couple of weeks, that timeline should be weeks away at most.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 10:22:10 PM

It might be that some of you missed this:
Crap. I deleted data I thought wasn't relevent and now I find how they were linked. ~mumblemumble~
*Microsoft Corp. acquired Oslo-based Fast Search & Transfer (FAST)*

Now, Microsoft.com and fda.hhs.gov connect.

And don't forget that AurumXchange and MagicalTux claimed that I worked for Microsoft Singapore at some point in time in 2011.
please contribute relevant information: how is the status of the fiat money return?

Doing that. Finishing by next week.

To my best knowledge the progress of fund recovery has nothing much to do with Bitcoinica fund returns. I spend most of my time waiting for Bitcoinica, bankers, lawyers and the hacker. So contributing irrelevant information doesn't slow down the fund returns to customers. Don't worry!

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
repentance

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 11:11:29 PM

It might be that some of you missed this:
Crap. I deleted data I thought wasn't relevent and now I find how they were linked. ~mumblemumble~
*Microsoft Corp. acquired Oslo-based Fast Search & Transfer (FAST)*

Now, Microsoft.com and fda.hhs.gov connect.

And don't forget that AurumXchange and MagicalTux claimed that I worked for Microsoft Singapore at some point in time in 2011.
please contribute relevant information: how is the status of the fiat money return?

To my best knowledge the progress of fund recovery has nothing much to do with Bitcoinica fund returns. I spend most of my time waiting for Bitcoinica, bankers, lawyers and the hacker. So contributing irrelevant information doesn't slow down the fund returns to customers. Don't worry!

Hopefully we can look forward in the next couple of days to confirmation by Patrick Murck that the funds are now safely in his possession.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
aq

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 11:43:33 PM

Congratulations Phinn, outstanding detective work. You however missed that I'm visible and hearable on the video recordings as well: http://wiki.london.hackspace.org.uk/view/Project:Bitcoin/Bitcoin_Weekend_2011#Recordings.
lonelyminer, I think you missed the point. Since when does Bruno believe that someone is who he actually is?
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2012, 11:55:23 PM

lonelyminer, I think you missed the point. Since when does Bruno believe that someone is who he actually is?
Your point ?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2012, 02:11:06 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2012, 08:21:14 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I'm not sure what all the fuss is about, for all I did was make a comment on a recent find that is NOT part of any ongoing  investigations. Please accept my apology if you somehow took it the wrong way.

Later, bud.

~Bruno~
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 04:29:22 PM

Any updates?

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 09:39:21 AM

Zhou, the week is coming to an end. What is the status regarding the return of stolen funds?
thest0ckman

Activity: 119

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2012, 09:31:43 PM

on and on this goes. what a waste of time. am i ever going to get my money back?

wendon (or whoever is supposed to refund my money now) my screen name here matches my bitcoinica id.

put me on the list for a refund please. i was marked as accurate.

repentance

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 09:58:48 PM

on and on this goes. what a waste of time. am i ever going to get my money back?

wendon (or whoever is supposed to refund my money now) my screen name here matches my bitcoinica id.

put me on the list for a refund please. i was marked as accurate.

I'm sure that no matter what has already been posted Tihan is still trying to find a means of resolving this without putting Bitcoinica into liquidation, but if the partnership does end up being liquidated those wishing to make a claim will have to do so directly to the liquidator using the appropriate claim form.

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 09:58:42 AM

Is there any updates?

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
sarpar

Activity: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 01:13:09 PM

Zhou, the week is coming to an end. What is the status regarding the return of stolen funds?
Zhou: one week is over - where is the update?

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
LoupGaroux

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 07:07:32 PM

Anybody want to make book on when the first restitution in this matter will be made?  My money would be on the 11th of Never.

Why bother Zhou about this? He and Notorious Relic Dealer Chen are happily sitting in a cave counting the coins they have fleeced you of, while the Gwailo Clown Patrol is stuck holding the bag and looking more and more pathetic by the day. Realize that with the big dogs throwing this into Court in California, no liquidator is going to be able to disburse a single satoshi, penny or euro-cent in recovery until that matter is finished, and that will be years and a whole lot more dollars that the Intersango Gango can come up with from now.
repentance

View Profile
August 12, 2012, 09:51:16 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2012, 11:49:35 PM by repentance

Anybody want to make book on when the first restitution in this matter will be made?  My money would be on the 11th of Never.

Why bother Zhou about this? He and Notorious Relic Dealer Chen are happily sitting in a cave counting the coins they have fleeced you of, while the Gwailo Clown Patrol is stuck holding the bag and looking more and more pathetic by the day. Realize that with the big dogs throwing this into Court in California, no liquidator is going to be able to disburse a single satoshi, penny or euro-cent in recovery until that matter is finished, and that will be years and a whole lot more dollars that the Intersango Gango can come up with from now.

A liquidator doesn't have to wait until foreign legal action is settled.  They'll distribute the estate in the manner laid down by NZ law and after that no-one can pursue for any deficiency in NZ (unless they can establish personal liability on the part of the directors, but the directors have no known NZ assets anyway), but creditors can still pursue deficiencies in other jurisdictions.  

It's worth noting that the creditors' petition doesn't seek to have a lien placed on Bitcoinica's MtGox or bank accounts.

On another note, I've just been on the phone with NZ's Insolvency and Trustee Service who confirmed that there are no barriers to unsecured overseas creditors lodging claims in a New Zealand company liquidation (including a limited partnership liquidation).

virtuallylaw

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:06:19 AM

Hi all and sorry for the wait.

I can confirm that as of last night all the funds Zhou promised to retrieve (approx. $100,000 USD and 20,000 BTC) have been returned to Bitcoinica, LP's MtGox account. The receivership and liquidation process is underway and I'll post updates here as things move forward.

Best,
Patrick
MemoryDealers
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1055

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 04:09:58 AM

It should also be made clear that a lot of funds are still missing.

Zhou,  I expect the hacker to come up with the missing funds,  or at the very least you to turn over all his contact details so the appropriate actions can be taken.

repentance

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

I can confirm that as of last night all the funds Zhou promised to retrieve (approx. $100,000 USD and 20,000 BTC) have been returned to Bitcoinica, LP's MtGox account. The receivership and liquidation process is underway and I'll post updates here as things move forward.

Best,
Patrick

I thought Zhou promised the return of USD 140,000.

It's good to hear that a substantial amount of funds have been recovered and that this mess can now proceed to receivership and liquidation. It's unfortunate, however, that the perpetrator of the theft is still being shielded from legal consequence.

virtuallylaw

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:23:48 AM

Best,
Patrick

I thought Zhou promised the return of USD 140,000.

It's good to hear that a substantial amount of funds have been recovered and that this mess can now proceed to receivership and liquidation. It's unfortunate, however, that the perpetrator of the theft is still being shielded from legal consequence.

You are correct that Zhou stated $140,000. My understanding is that the additional $40,000 includes funds frozen (rightly so) at ArumXchange. I would hope that Zhou would cooperate with authorities in apprehending and prosecuting the hacker.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1309

View Profile
August 14, 2012, 04:25:55 AM

Best,
Patrick

Ok, so 20kBTCs almost covers Roger Ver's bitcoins.  So that's one down, almost.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: