View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5194
Merit: 12983

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 02:54:31 AM

Most of the Christians I know barely know who Muhammad is. So I'd say that this is fake, or at least a very rare occurrence.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:51:12 AM

Probably fake, but even if it isn't...

A "Christian" who doesn't believe that Jesus is God, and hasn't read the Bible?  He wasn't a Christian to start with. A Christian, by definition, is someone that believes that Jesus is God.  He was someone who is searching for meaning and spirituality in life and a few months ago thought he'd give Catholicism a try.  Then along came a charismatic speaker who put him on the spot and gave him another religion to try.  No surprise in the end result.
RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 06:37:35 AM

http://youtu.be/4aaRfU3axpA

Christians , what you think of the above video , do you think its fake and the other videos too ?

Asking Christians whether something is or isn't fake probably isn't going to yield great results.  They're not great with that historically Wink

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 06:44:11 AM

A "Christian" who doesn't believe that Jesus is God, and hasn't read the Bible?  He wasn't a Christian to start with. A Christian, by definition, is someone that believes that Jesus is God.  He was someone who is searching for meaning and spirituality in life and a few months ago thought he'd give Catholicism a try.  Then along came a charismatic speaker who put him on the spot and gave him another religion to try.  No surprise in the end result.
I'm an atheist. But I agree with this assessment. The guy was just someone easy to manipulate who just became convinced that there wasn't much difference between Islam and Christianity. He seemed to only be trying on Christianity anyway and was ready for a switch. I bet I could have gotten him to stop believing in God in about the same amount of time by using comparable techniques.

What's it supposed to show anyway? That some people don't really care what religion they belong to as long as they belong?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 06:44:33 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2012, 07:23:37 AM by Garr255

I was raised Christian, but I call myself Diest now.The guy in that video wasn't really a strict or "by the books" Christian, and had mostly Muslim views.

The guy was just super gullible and manipulable.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 06:53:00 AM

I was raised Christian, but I call myself Diest now.The guy in that video wasn't really a strict or "by the books" Christian, and had mostly Muslim views.
I don't think that's true. I think he was tricked into thinking that. I'm pretty sure if you ask him his views on the treatment of women or the relationship between religion and government, Jihad, the pope, and so on, you'll find his views are much more like those of Christians than Moslems. He was tricked into thinking that that big difference between Muslims and Christians is whether they believe Jesus is God or sent by God. That's like saying the difference between Americans and British people is whether the flag has stars on it or a big X on it.

Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 06:59:01 AM

Wow, talk about street bullshitting the dumbest denominator.

Im an atheist and these kind of approaches is disgusting, I really hope muslims dont actually feel this is a fair tactic to try trick people into being a muslim.

Wether its a christian doing this to try and convert a muslim or vica versa, its pretty gross to observe. I wonder why these types of street converters never seem to hit me up or anyone likeminded to me.

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:30:30 AM

Im an atheist and these kind of approaches is disgusting, I really hope muslims dont actually feel this is a fair tactic to try trick people into being a muslim.

Wether its a christian doing this to try and convert a muslim or vica versa, its pretty gross to observe. I wonder why these types of street converters never seem to hit me up or anyone likeminded to me.

Because religious man cannot reason with an atheist, because atheists depend on factual information hence their logical conclusion that there is no god. I'm on neither side of the religion argument, because we have so little proof either way.

This has more to do with space than religion, but I believe in infinity. "What is smaller than a cell?", you might ask. Well, supposedly strings. "What are these made of?", Many dimensions wrapped around this string, which contain universes of their own. Therefore our galaxy as we know it could just be a minuscule fraction of some guy's shoe string.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 07:32:37 AM

Because religious man cannot reason with an atheist, because atheists depend on factual information hence their logical conclusion that there is no god. I'm on neither side of the religion argument, because we have so little proof either way.
Do you believe that it is reasonable to believe something, and act on it as if it were true, with no proof? If so, how should people decide which things they'll believe without proof and act on? Say I decide to believe (and act on the belief), without proof or evidence, that god thinks you should be killed. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that? I mean, there's so little proof either way, so can I just pick one side? Are you on neither side of my "god thinks you should be killed" argument?

And don't think these aren't the stakes -- there are people hijacking planes and flying them into buildings, or strapping bombs to themselves and running into crowds of children, because they think god wants them to.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 07:37:11 AM

a lot of atheists around here.... I do not believe in god, I believe there was a Jebus and the stories (yes stories) about him are greatly exagerated.....

I believe in being good to your fellow man,,,,,, that's it...... no reason to talk to my self pretending to talk to someone in the sky.... it seems well crazy....

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:42:20 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2012, 07:41:43 PM by Garr255

Do you believe that it is reasonable to believe something, and act on it as if it were true, with no proof? If so, how should people decide which things they'll believe without proof and act on? Say I decide to believe (and act on the belief), without proof or evidence, that god thinks you should be killed. Is there any reason I shouldn't do that? I mean, there's so little proof either way, so can I just pick one side? Are you on neither side of my "god thinks you should be killed" argument?

And don't think these aren't the stakes -- there are people hijacking planes and flying them into buildings, or strapping bombs to themselves and running into crowds of children, because they think god wants them to.

Obviously religion is going to cause conflict, and even what we justify as totally unnecessary deaths, which strongly supports the argument against religion. If we had no religion the world would be a better place in the sense that nobody would fight for their religion. The world would also be a worse place because (probably) over 90% of people act in a different (better) way than they would if they didn't believe in heaven or hell.

I know a lot of athiests who believe religion was manifested by a government trying to (and succeeding in) providing the people something to work for.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 07:52:25 AM

is being an atheist a religion?

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 08:17:52 AM

here is interesting one for atheists http://youtu.be/b_AOwmd4Vvs

He sounded more agnostic than atheist.

"I take bits of every religion."

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Clipse

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:27:38 AM

I dont believe these videos are fake but they do show how gullable most people are and exactly why these same gullable people end up within some sort of religion.

The evidence of just how gullable religion is, is all evident in these videos.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
Clipse

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:29:03 AM

is being an atheist a religion?

No, a religion is the belief in something else(whatever that may be). An atheist doesnt believe in anything other than facts and if there is no facts to back up mystical claims then there is nothing to believe in. In essense if I believed in pixies and a puffycloud filled with magical unicorns then it could be considered a religion and my religion.

So if you want to grasp at straws then Atheists could be the religion of facts.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 02:19:20 PM

hmm, well this video is from europe, so I would say more people know of islam/middle-east in europe than in USA ?

here is another one http://youtu.be/Am2Pn8KjXOo?t=3m2s

in norway, some young people convert to islam in some small town in norway

I was wondering does any christian here have a link to a video of muslims being stopped on the street and converting to Christianity ?
The fact that many people convert from any one religion to any other religion really doesn't have any bearing on the how likely that particular religion is to be "the one true religion".  People make poor decisions all the time.  It is the one thing we seem to be really good at.  If we try to use number of believers as proof of "the one true religion", we find that there isn't a single religion that the majority of the world population believes in.  I read somewhere recently that it is estimated that 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity every year.

If you can't find information about Muslims converting to Christianity, then you really aren't looking very hard for it.  As a matter of fact, I'd say you are avoiding looking for it:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Muslims+converting+to+Christianity
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:08:17 PM

Notice in the first video how long ago the guy "converted" to Christianity in the first place - only 2 months ago? For that reason it should be pretty obvious that he is a pushover and inclined to believe anyone with somewhat reasonable language skills. Next he will probably meet a Jehovah's Witness, and convert again. After that, who knows what he will waffle around to next.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
JoelKatz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 07:14:48 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2012, 09:59:32 PM by JoelKatz

Obviously religion is going to cause conflict, and even what we justify as totally unnecessary deaths, which strongly supports the argument against religion. If we had no religion the world would be a better place in the sense that nobody would fight for their religion. The world would also be a worse place because (probably) over 90% of people act in a different (better) way then they would if they didn't believe in heaven or hell.
Did you watch the video? One of the techniques used several times was to assure the convert that all they had to do was believe a small set of things (none of which had anything to do with being a good person) and they were *assured* entry in heaven.

Ask a typical Christian if the Bible is the revealed word of a living God who holds their eternal salvation in his hands and they'll say "yes". Then ask them if they've ever read the whole thing or bothered to understand what each section was saying. Their religious beliefs have no real effect on their behavior.

Perhaps without religion, people would have found the right reasons to be better people. And no one would have to get nailed to anything. (Perhaps not. My point is simply that it's easy to see the advantages of the actual and easy to not see the advantages of the potential. For example, NASA frequently talks about the technological advances they are responsible for. But who knows what advances the money spent on NASA would have brought if spent elsewhere.)

Also, I think religion is still a horrible evil, even if it did make 90% of people act better (which I do not accept), because of the people who fight and kill for religion. Think about a really good doctor, say one so much better than most other doctors that he saves an extra 20 people per year. However, he does ask in exchange that he be permitted to murder 1 patient per year. So, this doctor will save 19 lives per year. However, he does murder one random person, who otherwise would have lived. Maybe you're enough of a pragmatist that you'd reluctantly hold your nose and hire this doctor. But I don't think you would argue that he's perfectly entitled and morally justified in killing one person, given that he saves 20.

You can't make up for the bad with good that way.

check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 08:46:17 PM

God centric monotheistic religions are just fraternities, organizations where like minded individuals get together to share an experience or work towards an agreed upon goal. God is One, yet there are so many religions, why? We tend to congregate with people we have things in common and disassociate ourselves from those whom we do not. It is the law of attraction, like begets like. Even atheists keep it. Wink

After watching Derren Brown I'd say it's possible to mesmerize many people who have a weak will power. As such the video can only provide testimony to the ability of the converter and the method used to persuade the individual.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: