Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:32:22 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This message was too old and has been purged  (Read 26053 times)
GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:11:30 AM

If such fund is really established, I will add 1 BTC myself which should be distributed to the "supporters" if I should not be able to acheive such thing.

I don't know what you mean by established - as you can tell, my status is slightly above noob. I therefore do not know the ins and outs of bounties - for instance, if escrows are required etc. Though I'm assuming it may be difficult to find a mediator / third party thats not vested. If any of the die-hard bitcoiners are around (i.e., there's only 1 true coin), their volunteering would be appreciated. Darnit, where's my decentralized truth oracle blockchain when I need it?

I'm a man of science - and it looks like this is the crytpocurrencies equivalent of peer review.

But for those following, Evil-K has offered a 1 BTC counter-bounty.

If such fund is really established, I will add 1 BTC myself which should be distributed to the "supporters" if I should not be able to acheive such thing.

I'm assuming the way this functions is 1 BTC will be distributed amongst those offering a bounty in the case that Evil-Knievel doesn't make a Darkcoin De-privatization Explorer.

May I also present that this explorer should work on the latest "patch" as well - whatever the DRK devs are referring to as masternode blinding.

Also, hopefully the XMR v DRK has died down - but if not, here's a thread
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=962235.240;topicseen

Please - this thread is about DRK's privacy technology - not alleged coin distribution problems.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
Longenecker

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:12:06 AM

If there is a problem with reward formula it can't be fixed because you might get deeply concerned? The formula was changed, and people decided to download the client with the changed formula, thus the trust was not destroyed.

The dev of darkcoin is an instaminer and then a magician. I don't know how people are still buying that pump and dump scam.
I will never buy that coin even if someone tell me that I can win millions. In the long term, darkcoin have no future because it's based on a lie. How people can continue to trust this dishonest developer?

It's incredibly easy to pump a coin when you control the great majority of the total supply.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:14:09 AM

The hard bit is acquiring an $18m marketcap

Actually it is fairly easy if insiders stash away most or all of the coins and control how they are traded. You can more or less set the market cap of such a coin at anything you want. If I control 999999 out of a million coins and sell one for a dollar that does not make a meaningful market cap 1 million dollars, but it will be quoted that way. It may be hard to convince (arguably) impartial arbiters such as coinmarketcap to include your concentrated insider holdings as being part of the float. It does seem that DRK has pulled that off for now.

Most if not all of the market cap figures thrown around in the cryptocurrency space are misleading at best and blatantly deceptive at worse.

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:16:13 AM

How people can continue to trust this dishonest developer?

Quite simply because he's one of the very few who have been able to create a roadmap and deliver on it.

Also he's been able to put up with unmitigated garbage like this post in quite a dignified manner and thankfully not get distracted by it.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:16:21 AM

I'd recommend moving on to another coin that doesn't have the baggage, and I do recommend that when people ask me.

I'm not a fan of the whole idea of masternodes, nor a fan of PoS coins, so the tech has nothing to interest me, but if I were I would clone DRK and relaunch it clean the way we did with Monero.

If you launch a new coin and it becomes successful, then after a year you will again have people whining they weren't there at the launch or didn't get to buy 10k coins for 0.25 BTC. The more successful it is, the more whine there will be.

As I said, I'm not interested in doing it, but if someone did it competently and without fraud then there wouldn't be a few million coins mined in a few days in complete disregard for the published schedule. Sure there might be other problems, but not that one.

Much as you might like, might try to draw false equivalences or declare something quite recent by cryptocurrency standards to be ancient history, you DRKers are never going get out from under it. Fruit of the poison tree.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:16:25 AM

It's incredibly easy to pump a coin when you control the great majority of the total supply.

So why couldn't the SDC whales pump SDC then?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:20:02 AM

So why couldn't the SDC whales pump SDC then?

Perhaps they are fools, are disorganized, or perhaps they don't quite control quite enough of it. Or all of the above.

EDIT: Or maybe they are indeed successfully pumping it and their fair value would be more like $1 than $300K. A factor of 300000 from manipulation is nothing to sneeze at.
illodin

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:21:22 AM

Sure there might be other problems, but not that one.

What is the concrete problem DRK is having (in addition to constant trolling) now or in the future that is a direct result of the unfortunate launch?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:25:33 AM

Then tell me how your FUD campaign on XMR wasn't a inside job to crash the market so you can buy off all your cheap coins?
Looks like its Phase 2 in Monero Pump the shit out of it and look for people to dump on... Look these stupid darkcoin people can be dumped on.

I followed lots of Bitcoiners and their Scams, XMR is not a exception...

Nobody controls the supply of XMR, its still being mined at a furious rate. If anything one can argue (snd some did quite loudly) that too much mining is why the price is too low, but as fluffypony explained earlier we are not going to change the reward schedule or try to lock up millions of coins with PoS in order to pump the price. We'll let things play out as they will in the market.

Somewhat OT though, as this thread is about DRK, not XMR. Fairly interesting though, that criticism of something about DRK which is acknowledged by most (including illodin) to be worthy of criticism results in criticism of another coin. As if that fixes things?

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:26:17 AM

It wasnt exactly as you put it and Evans explanation was accepted by the community.

It was clearly not accepted by the entire community otherwise no one would still be criticizing it.

I can tell you with certainty that I'm part of the crytpcurrency community and my opinion is that anyone who likes the DRK technology and wants to see it thrive should just relaunch it clean. Those who don't favor that are putting their holdings (which likely benefited directly or indirectly from the instamine) ahead of the given the tech the best chance to succeed unencumbered by a foundation of incompetence and/or fraud.

No problems, your solution is perfect, scrap the most innovative crypto in history with the largest anon community and marketcap just to appease a small minority of trolls - Im glad you are in the Monero camp and have no associations with DRK, please keep doing what you are doing at Monero.  Roll Eyes

Im going to be launching DarkMonero soon, its a clean relaunch of Monero because I feel that Monero's launch wasnt fair and that its inflation is hurting investors, if Monero is going to thrive I feel as though it needs to be relaunched cleanly to ensure investors are not putting their investment at risk.
illodin

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:28:22 AM

Yes with more than 2 Million DRK mined in few days by the dev and maybe some of his friend, he have money and time to continue the scam.
And seems the guys like you enjoy and feed that scam. Then why he should stop the fraud?

If the dev really had millions of coins and was out to fraud people, he would've exited in the Big Pump last year. But strangely he's still around working hard.

Btw, are you one of those people who think the devs should work for nothing and the speculators should get to be rich?
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:28:40 AM

Sure there might be other problems, but not that one.

What is the concrete problem DRK is having (in addition to constant trolling) now or in the future that is a direct result of the unfortunate launch?

Perpetual criticism that it is the fruit of a poison tree. Meaning either incompetence or fraud, and both are indeed poison to outsiders who dislike both and are structurally unable to distinguish them.

That does not mean zero success, but it will be an unnecessary burden to bear, and that's a tough obstacle in a brutally competitive market.

Evil-Knievel (OP)
Legendary

Merit: 1168

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:28:48 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 07:49:05 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:29:45 AM

Those who don't favor that are putting their holdings (which likely benefited directly or indirectly from the instamine) ahead of the given the tech the best chance to succeed unencumbered by a foundation of incompetence and/or fraud.

What an awful insinuations

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:30:35 AM

Yes with more than 2 Million DRK mined in few days by the dev and maybe some of his friend, he have money and time to continue the scam.
And seems the guys like you enjoy and feed that scam. Then why he should stop the fraud?

If the dev really had millions of coins and was out to fraud people, he would've exited in the Big Pump last year. But strangely he's still around working hard.

Nobody knows what the he did or didn't do. For all we know he sold say 1/3 of his coins at a nice profit, but wants more, or was very greedy and held on for higher prices until it was too late to sell, or indeed possibly the only reason there was such a big pump at all was because he didn't sell (much).

As outsiders there is just no way to know, and the better choice is to find something cleaner. There is no shortage of choices (though somewhat of a shortage of clean ones unfortunately).
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:30:45 AM

No problems, your solution is perfect, scrap the most innovative crypto in history with the largest anon community and marketcap just to appease a small minority of trolls...

Actually, it is just bitcoin with coinjoin on top. Blockchain.info has implemented this feature long before.

Now you just made yourself look even dumber and how little you actually know about DRK. Thanks
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:31:03 AM

I would clone DRK and relaunch it clean the way we did with Monero.

The monero launch was anything but clean.

Where is the info about the crippled monero miner and the secret optimized miner for insiders?
how much monero was premined? why did they lie about the amount of premined coins?
do the cryptonote nsa origins and fake white paper worry you?
did y'all ever figure out how to put together a official gui wallet? how long did monero go without a gui wallet? will bloating be an even bigger issue when people actually start using the gui wallet? how do you propose solving the monero inflation problem?

I did not see it on the wiki...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote#Controversy_and_criticism

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:32:49 AM

No problems, your solution is perfect, scrap the most innovative crypto in history with the largest anon community and marketcap just to appease a small minority of trolls...

Actually, it is just bitcoin with coinjoin on top. Blockchain.info has implemented this feature long before.
So you don't understand coinjoin nor darksend  Roll Eyes

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
GingerAle
Legendary

Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 12:33:33 AM

For those interested, I have created another thread self moderated by me that will document the discussion in here regarding DRK privacy technology.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:34:30 AM

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: