Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:42:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This message was too old and has been purged  (Read 26053 times)
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:35:16 PM

What a viper. In almost every post you are trying to cut drk head to feel a bit taller.

The dogs bark, but the caravan moves on.

I'm criticizing some aspects of DRK because they are deeply flawed and snake oil anonymity is profoundly dangerous. If you want to ascribe other motives to avoid confronting the inconvenient truth of your emperor having no clothes, I can't stop you.

I'm also not going to remain silent and watch people hawking this crap without speaking out just to avoid being called names or accused of "talking trash'

Your wallet seems pretty, the logo is good, InstantX seems cool, I have no problem with any of these things, and there are probably other parts of the DRK project that are great. Anonymity-wise your whole approach is a disaster. Sorry.,
stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:45:10 PM

What a viper. In almost every post you are trying to cut drk head to feel a bit taller.

I'm criticizing some aspects of DRK because they are deeply flawed and snake oil anonymity is profoundly dangerous. If you want to ascribe other motives to avoid confronting the inconvenient truth of your emperor having no clothes, I can't stop you.

I'm also not going to remain silent and watch people hawking this crap without speaking out just to avoid being called names or accused of "talking trash'

Your wallet seems pretty, the logo is good, InstantX seems cool, I have no problem with any of these things, and there are probably other parts of the DRK project that are great. Anonymity-wise your whole approach is a disaster. Sorry.,

Why don't you write a paper on why darksend is a disaster rather than just post here saying that it is without going into details?  That way you could really give people facts to help their decision making.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:48:01 PM

Why don't you write a paper on why darksend is a disaster rather than just post here saying that it is without going into details?  That way you could really give people facts to help their decision making.

Not an entirely bad idea I must say. Thank you for the suggestion.
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 01:48:36 PM

I'm criticizing some aspects

. Anonymity-wise your whole approach is a disaster. Sorry.,

You are not describing any technical problems. What you are doing, is endlessly talking about instamine, ''manipulated emission'' and "understand economic reasoning very well".
Your opinion is biased.

EDIT:

Maybe you will make something useful, finally.
What a waste of time and energy here. I'm finished

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:10:33 PM

Why don't you write a paper on why darksend is a disaster rather than just post here saying that it is without going into details?  That way you could really give people facts to help their decision making.

Maybe you should take a look at the Kristov Atlas review on DRK..all the concerns that were raised were fixed....although I dont think his review will live up to your standards will it. You live in a mindset the the world is doomed and apart from digging a hole and burring yourself, there is no solution.

At the end of the day Dark is winning because we are moving forward and continuously have innovation to SHOW. Monero is still stuck trying to farm off work to 3rd parties to develop wallets (how is this secure)  whilst they deal with database and bloat issues. You arent moving forward, just stuck in the mud and slowly sinking.

So yes, feel free to continue throwing around your "its my way or the highway with cryptography" statements which will take 30 years to complete. By that time Dark adoption will be mainstream and too late for Monero to even be noticed. Oh wait thats already starting to happen.

LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:25:38 PM

Why don't you write a paper on why darksend is a disaster rather than just post here saying that it is without going into details?  That way you could really give people facts to help their decision making.

Maybe you should take a look at the Kristov Atlas review on DRK..all the concerns that were raised were fixed....although I dont think his review will live up to your standards will it. You live in a mindset the the world is doomed and apart from digging a hole and burring yourself, there is no solution.

At the end of the day Dark is winning because we are moving forward and continuously have innovation to SHOW. Monero is still stuck trying to farm off work to 3rd parties to develop wallets (how is this secure)  whilst they deal with database and bloat issues. You arent moving forward, just stuck in the mud and slowly sinking.

So yes, feel free to continue throwing around your "its my way or the highway with cryptography" statements which will take 30 years to complete. By that time Dark adoption will be mainstream and too late for Monero to even be noticed. Oh wait thats already starting to happen.

*facepalm* Would you kindly remove yourself from the internets please. It is quite clear that you have never contributed anything but dribble to it thus wasting perfectly good server space.
This topic is about a possibly deanonomised, anon CRYPTO project. Smooth seems to be replying only to the onslaught of loaded statements. But you are just being a doofus, as usual.

Be nice if we can stop the dick measuring and actually just get on with the topic.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:38:10 PM

Maybe you should take a look at the Kristov Atlas review on DRK

I have read it but thank you for the suggestion anyway!

work to 3rd parties to develop wallets (how is this secure)

Most if not all of the wallets are wrappers around the core code or recompile and link with core code. They did not reimplement the cryptography. Good question though!

that time Dark adoption will be mainstream and too late for Monero to even be noticed. Oh wait thats already starting to happen.

Dark mainstream adoption is starting to happen? That's a good one! Funny!

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

To my knowledge we have 59 merchants accepting DRK.  From VPS providers, VPN Providers to hardware stores, wine merchants, 3d printing services, a lawyer(!), precious metals traders, electronics shops to general shops.

59 isn't much, agreed, but its a start.  Glad it makes you laugh. 
GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:02:05 PM

To my knowledge we have 59 merchants accepting DRK.  From VPS providers, VPN Providers to hardware stores, wine merchants, 3d printing services, a lawyer(!), precious metals traders, electronics shops to general shops.

Thats a respectable achievement
LongAndShort
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1050

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:59:37 PM

For a generic brand of peanuts maybe.
stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:57:59 PM

Where can I spend my SDC? 
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 05:01:01 PM

Before you can spent something you must have it.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:17:53 PM

Before you can spent something you must have it.

Roll Eyes  got to love haters!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 06:21:04 PM

To my knowledge we have 59 merchants accepting DRK.  From VPS providers, VPN Providers to hardware stores, wine merchants, 3d printing services, a lawyer(!)

Good thing too. Sounds like people using DRK are going to need one! Tongue

(sorry, couldn't resist Cheesy)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 06:30:01 PM

To my knowledge we have 59 merchants accepting DRK.  From VPS providers, VPN Providers to hardware stores, wine merchants, 3d printing services, a lawyer(!)

Good thing too. Sounds like people using DRK are going to need one! Tongue

(sorry, couldn't resist Cheesy)
I always have at least 2 law firms on retainer at all times, 1 personal, 1 corporate.  I should set them up to accept some DRK/BTC.  thanks for the suggestion.  Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:24:21 PM

* child_harold enters stage left
Wink
* child_harold exits stage right

stonehedge
Legendary

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:45:32 PM

* child_harold enters stage left
Wink
* child_harold exits stage right

Ok, I LOL'd
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5017

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:59:20 PM

You cannot argue logic with people that have an agenda, they are bag holders and will argue with every fallacy they can squirm into.

I can't believe you guys have the patience to deal with these fools, let them sink when their ship does. It makes no difference in the end anyway. Smiley

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
kadrek

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:34:09 AM

You cannot argue logic with people that have an agenda, they are bag holders and will argue with every fallacy they can squirm into.

I can't believe you guys have the patience to deal with these fools, let them sink when their ship does. It makes no difference in the end anyway. Smiley
Maybe if your dev wasn't in here arguing about petty things XMR might see some progress. If you haven't noticed, Evan hasn't been in here arguing. I think that shows the work ethic of both of them.  Wink

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 5017

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 01:55:50 AM

Maybe if your dev wasn't in here arguing about petty things XMR might see some progress. If you haven't noticed, Evan hasn't been in here arguing. I think that shows the work ethic of both of them.  Wink

NOW this is amusing! EVAN is the ONE person who should be in this thread!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: