Bitcoin Forum
June 13, 2024, 08:17:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Talk account hacked any way to recover?  (Read 10827 times)
virtapayseller666

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 03:55:08 AM

minerman can u please post the btc transfer details  of 0.75 btc and who is esrow in this deal mention full detail of the deal that you have done

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Neonecrox13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:00:08 AM

I love the way the auction thread starts. This is not a hacked account..lol

TerraMaster (OP)

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:49:07 AM

OK, now we are getting somewhere. We need to let Badbear look though some info I sent him. For the record. My personal PC was hacked into thru a backdoor Trojan Saturday night into early Sunday. When I logged In I first noticed a wallet I had left open had sent 3000 coins out?? I knew right away it was from a bad virus filled wallet I hastily had DL and installed without scanning. I knew right away it was bad and virus filled. I scanned down my PC pretty good and identified at least 3 Trojans,,, one specifically was a password gathering Trojan. I felt I had got it all out the night before, but had missed a backdoor which I later found.

As history will show, early Sunday he made his way into my PC and began logging into at least 4 exchanges, sent 3000 coins from an open wallet and stole my MinermanNC account and scryptonite account both attached to the same email. I had my web browser open and was logged into many accounts. Unfortunately I had fell asleep without closing anything out as normal,,, and I got burned as a result.

Now, I am impressed at you honesty and coming forward as to what happened on your end in buying my stolen account. That lends you a lot of credibility. It looks like you got duped however, just I have. I have already lost 50.00 in an alt coin that got stole along with a ton of headaches since.

ok, lets let the chips fall where they should.

I regret you paid .75 BTC ouch! But your honesty in shedding light to all this is appreciated. Perhaps it not your fault.

I have a lot more info as to where this all began and the infected wallet download, was from bitcointalk in a new coin launch. I'm sure some will want to investigate. I will post more data on all that tomorrow in here.

THX

MMNC

BTC:1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 2338

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:03:41 AM

OK, now we are getting somewhere. We need to let Badbear look though some info I sent him. For the record. My personal PC was hacked into thru a backdoor Trojan Saturday night into early Sunday. When I logged I first noticed a wallet I had left open had sent 3000 coins out?? I knew right away it was from a bad virus filled wallet I hastily had DL and installed without scanning. I knew right away it was bad and virus filled. I scanned down my PC pretty good and identified at least 3 Trojans,,, one specifically was a password gathering Trojan. I felt I had got it all out the night before, but had missed a backdoor which I later found.

As history will show, early Sunday he made his way into my PC and began logging into at least 4 exchanges, sent 3000 coins from an open wallet and stole my MinermanNC account and scryptonite account both attached to the same email. I had my web browser open and was logged into many accounts. Unfortunately I had fell asleep without closing anything out as normal,,, and I got burned as a result.
You had ~$840,000 worth of bitcoin in your hot wallet? Or was this some shitcoin that was "stolen" from you. Do you mind to share the txid of the tx that stole your coins?
Now, I am impressed at you honesty and coming forward as to what happened on your end in buying my stolen account. That lends you a lot of credibility. It looks like you got duped however, just I have. I have already lost 50.00 in an alt coin that got stole along with a ton of headaches since.
Quote from: [RAIN
Dev]Account is not hacked.Escrow only from trusted list accepted.Reason for sale:my altcoin balance bankrot.
Interestingly enough the person selling the account said that they were selling because they lost money in altcoin trading.

They also told me via PM that the account was not hacked and was willing to provide escrow with proof as much
Is 1.3 your best price you can offer?
1.1 Last,but last price
1.1 would be too high for me. I have sold hero accounts for as low of ~.7 as of recently, and I would obviously want to buy for a lower price then that. In my experience it takes a long time for hero accounts to sell because of their high price and their overall prices are falling because of additional supply.

Would you be able to prove ownership of the account via a signed message?
Acc is not hacked.Last price is 1.1 and escrow service can check evrything that my acc have.People offer me .8 .9...but this is to low for my hero.
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:31:39 AM

OK, now we are getting somewhere. We need to let Badbear look though some info I sent him. For the record. My personal PC was hacked into thru a backdoor Trojan Saturday night into early Sunday. When I logged I first noticed a wallet I had left open had sent 3000 coins out?? I knew right away it was from a bad virus filled wallet I hastily had DL and installed without scanning. I knew right away it was bad and virus filled. I scanned down my PC pretty good and identified at least 3 Trojans,,, one specifically was a password gathering Trojan. I felt I had got it all out the night before, but had missed a backdoor which I later found.

You had ~$840,000 worth of bitcoin in your hot wallet? Or was this some shitcoin that was "stolen" from you. Do you mind to share the txid of the tx that stole your coins?
Quote from: [RAIN
Dev]Account is not hacked.Escrow only from trusted list accepted.Reason for sale:my altcoin balance bankrot.
Interestingly enough the person selling the account said that they were selling because they lost money in altcoin trading.

They also told me via PM that the account was not hacked and was willing to provide escrow with proof as much
Is 1.3 your best price you can offer?
1.1 Last,but last price
1.1 would be too high for me. I have sold hero accounts for as low of ~.7 as of recently, and I would obviously want to buy for a lower price then that. In my experience it takes a long time for hero accounts to sell because of their high price and their overall prices are falling because of additional supply.

Would you be able to prove ownership of the account via a signed message?
Acc is not hacked.Last price is 1.1 and escrow service can check evrything that my acc have.People offer me .8 .9...but this is to low for my hero.

Hey I have already sent proof to Badbear, that should clear it up. I don't know about all this other stuff you are critiquing or why. I'm straight.
THX

EDIT: I never said 3000 bitcoins! silly lol I just caught that... good gosh, I mean the guy that's running around with my account just came forward and shed a hell of a lot of light as to where my account went and how. Not to mention my other account that was stole simultaneously. I am not the culprit here, just the victim. Nothing more, nothing less, plain and simple.

CYA guys tomorrow and thank you to those that are helping!

BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1128

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 05:34:04 AM

Don't pm me about this, pm theymos. I was just giving you a heads up about the email. I have other things on my plate.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 05:40:51 AM

Don't pm me about this, pm theymos. I was just giving you a heads up about the email. I have other things on my plate.
Got ya, will do.

THX Badbear,

MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:27:22 AM

minerman can u please post the btc transfer details  of 0.75 btc and who is esrow in this deal mention full detail of the deal that you have done

Has already posted the btc transfer details. There was no escrow that is why the payment was done in two installments. I can put some screenshots of PM, but it can easily be faked. It is better to get an admin to look into it.

I was once fooled into entering bitcointalk.org account details to https://bitcoin-forums.net/index.php . Is the site safe?

OK, now we are getting somewhere. We need to let Badbear look though some info I sent him. For the record. My personal PC was hacked into thru a backdoor Trojan Saturday night into early Sunday. When I logged In I first noticed a wallet I had left open had sent 3000 coins out?? I knew right away it was from a bad virus filled wallet I hastily had DL and installed without scanning. I knew right away it was bad and virus filled. I scanned down my PC pretty good and identified at least 3 Trojans,,, one specifically was a password gathering Trojan. I felt I had got it all out the night before, but had missed a backdoor which I later found.

I regret you paid .75 BTC ouch! But your honesty in shedding light to all this is appreciated. Perhaps it not your fault.

I have a lot more info as to where this all began and the infected wallet download, was from bitcointalk in a new coin launch. I'm sure some will want to investigate. I will post more data on all that tomorrow in here.

THX

MMNC

ty I will help on this investigation as far as possible.

Really, I had no idea this is  a stolen account. There was no reason to be suspicious. Even the posts were very recent and followed the usual pattern.
lol, I made one post in one of the sections.
By you? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.msg10663581#msg10663581
By me. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765360.msg10701356#msg10701356

As I said the time would help.

Yes, he said he lost money in altcoin trading or something similar.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 07:32:17 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 07:48:48 AM by MinermanNC

Assuming everyone is honest,

Real owner was active after : March 05, 2015, 02:56:48 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.msg10663581#msg10663581

Brief gap

Hacker has control before : March 05, 2015, 11:30:29 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976969.msg10667034#msg10667034
_
_
_
Nothing happens for 3 days
_
_
_

Account sold on March 08, 2015, 01:16:37 PM

Brief gap

Reports it on March 08, 2015, 11:48:56 PM

No offence, but is it possible for OP to fake everything after seeing the Warning password has been recently changed, etc. error or something else?
It seems that the account was hacked the within hours from last genuine post and put to auction? Everything else happens after 3 days.

Possible explanations:
1. As said by OP. Got hacked.
2. Tries to fake as the genuine owner.
3. Original owner, sells it. Tries to get it back.

However, I am willing to give back this account for 0.75BTC same as the amount I lost.

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 08:33:44 AM

Assuming everyone is honest,

Real owner was active after : March 05, 2015, 02:56:48 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.msg10663581#msg10663581

Brief gap

Hacker has control before : March 05, 2015, 11:30:29 AM
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=976969.msg10667034#msg10667034
_
_
_
Nothing happens for 3 days
_
_
_

Account sold on March 08, 2015, 01:16:37 PM

Brief gap

Reports it on March 08, 2015, 11:48:56 PM

No offence, but is it possible for OP to fake everything after seeing the Warning password has been recently changed, etc. error or something else?
It seems that the account was hacked the within hours from last genuine post and put to auction? Everything else happens after 3 days.

Possible explanations:
1. As said by OP. Got hacked.
2. Tries to fake as the genuine owner.
3. Original owner, sells it. Tries to get it back.

However, I am willing to give back this account for 0.75BTC same as the amount I lost.

Everything is possible, but if the account is stolen you should give back it for "free". However if he will accept to pay, better for you but if he will not accept to pay these 0.75 bitcoins I don't know what will happen. Can I ask you again if you have requested a signed message before buy the forum account or not?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2015, 08:42:22 AM

minerman can u please post the btc transfer details  of 0.75 btc and who is esrow in this deal mention full detail of the deal that you have done

Has already posted the btc transfer details. There was no escrow that is why the payment was done in two installments. I can put some screenshots of PM, but it can easily be faked. It is better to get an admin to look into it.

-snip-

You can report the PM to staff and ask them to verify it here, thats the easiest way AFAIK.

PS: Im glad you both are so calm and open about this. I was a bit worried when I got PMs from both sides, because in the end I cant restore an account.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 01:52:44 PM

I was once fooled into entering bitcointalk.org account details to https://bitcoin-forums.net/index.php . Is the site safe?

THX

MMNC

ty I will help on this investigation as far as possible.

Really, I had no idea this is  a stolen account. There was no reason to be suspicious. Even the posts were very recent and followed the usual pattern.
lol, I made one post in one of the sections.
By you? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.msg10663581#msg10663581
By me. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=765360.msg10701356#msg10701356

As I said the time would help.

Yes, he said he lost money in altcoin trading or something similar.

Yes the last post I made before my PC was hacked was in the Gaw paycoin thread, where I had quoted unacceptable, which you can see that is where I have been hanging out off and on a lot. That was in fact my last post with  my account MinermanNC. To answer you question lol

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 02:42:31 PM

Hey shorena, Sent you a Pm, Please take a look  Wink

Please get back to me when ya get a chance.

THX!

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:09:13 PM

Just so you all know, here is where my hacking problems started:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967682.msg10656930#msg10656930

Scroll to bottom and take a look at the wallet scan.

I dare any of you in here to download the wallet and try to install it. Wait a day or 2 then come back and check you accounts here and everywhere!

the thread was locked soon after I noted potential problems which were later confirmed as suspected, by bitkokos.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967682.msg10659999#msg10659999

The only reason I didn't take the time to scan wallet besides hurrying, was Suprnova pool had already posted they had a pool ready to go at launch which at that time, was 2 hours away. So I felt it was legit.

If you want to investigate, you all should take a very very close look at the dev of Blackcatcoin "Blackcatdev"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=967682.msg10577920#msg10577920

Ok, go get a wallet and try to install, and I bet I won't be alone in here seeking to reclaim a stolen account. It was a setup in hindsight.

And I'm growing weary of a few in here doubting that I was hacked, perhaps a bit foolish on my part to even allow that to happen, considering I know the risk. But it is what it is, and I just want my rightfully owned account returned.

Any doubters at this point please go download a wallet, then come back in here in a couple of days. If you need the Zip wallet I will furnish it to you. Beware.

MMNC

Neonecrox13

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:31:10 PM

There ya have it folks. He's not gonna do anything for ya. Theymos isn't either. You lose your account your fucked. I've seen 1 account returned that was stolen. IronMarvel.

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:32:09 PM

There ya have it folks. He's not gonna do anything for ya. Theymos isn't either. You lose your account your fucked. I've seen 1 account returned that was stolen. IronMarvel.

I have the proof its mine verified by BTC address

Neonecrox13

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 09:45:21 PM

Makes no difference. They are not paying attention to your emails. They don't care about your account. FILE 13 BOUND like the rest of us.

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:49:56 PM
Last edit: March 11, 2015, 12:00:29 AM by TerraMaster

Makes no difference. They are not paying attention to your emails. They don't care about your account. FILE 13 BOUND like the rest of us.
Time will tell. They have all they should need now. Took some digging, but my signature address was found "unedited" for my MinermanNC account.

Ill be patient, and hope and trust the right thing will be done.

I'm not going anywhere  Wink

Then again, the person who has it COULD give it back with no strings attached. We know how to reach each other now. So? We both were victims I feel. If I were him I certainly would not want it after all this, and knowing what he knows now about it. We'll see.....

Neonecrox13

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 11:55:21 PM

Your right, time will tell. Tomorrow makes exactly 1 month my account was stolen.

TerraMaster (OP)

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 12:00:52 AM

Your right, time will tell. Tomorrow makes exactly 1 month my account was stolen.

What level were you?

Did  you send in any proof it was yours? or try,,, did have an unedited signature? to provide

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: