Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:11:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ► ► ► Cryptonic PHYSICAL MONERO  (Read 19042 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:56:21 AM

This has arrived safely! Looks wow Smiley

Since the maker of these coins has shown recognition to our Royal Majesty, we find it worthy and expedient to procure the first CKG gold coin ever minted and gift it to him in exchange.

CR1400E-1 history is as follows. The very day Crypto Kingdom idea first surfaced to the King and Earl d'Armacnac, in 1400 A.D. (2014-10-10), the gold started flowing to the Kingdom (consisting of those two noblemen alone, basically, before there was a anyone else, or a street or a building in the town). On the very first year, 10,000 CKG were mined, and the King felt so grateful towards the Earl that he gifted all of it to him. The gift included 20*CR1400E allocated gold coins, the rest being unallocated, of which no items survive.

The game started and went on for 200 years (until March, 2015). During this time the CryptoTown was founded, other Boroughs were opened, more people submitted themselves to the rule of the King, and the Kingdom now has 93 Ancient characters and 1871 NPC's. Hundreds of buildings were constructed, 10,000s of XMR were spent on beautifying them, etc.

Then the gold mining stopped and it was the time that people became interested in what they have. The records from 200 years of gold transfers were opened and the current owner of about 5,000 gold coins was meticulously found out. Each of the 20*CR1400E that were minted from the first gold existing, still belonged to their original recipient, now His Grace The Bishop, Marquess d'Armagnac, MG-3, AOK-K, AOD-Maj, etc.

Since gold coin collecting had become big in the Kingdom while the game was paused and under preparation for the transfer to the Online version, and many wanted to get their hands in these coins, perhaps the most valuable there is and will be, HG The Bishop has distributed 18/20 of the to the market and the coin now has a float of 8, meaning that this many of the coins belong to people who have more than 1.  

HM The King has bought back, at a full price, some of the coins he originally gifted. This was determined to be the first one of the mint run and will now be given to Cryptonic. It will reside in the game.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:40:26 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 07:14:49 AM by sphericon

I just wanted to share a pic of some coins I received in the mail today. They look great! Thanks again!  Cheesy

*edit*

These are mostly brass with silver plating, however I did get 6 pure silver ones as well - 3 x 2014 with the old wording, and 3 x 2015 with the old wording. IIRC, I believe there were only 10 silver coins from 2015 minted with the old wording, making these exceedingly rare and valuable.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 04:11:09 AM

I ordered one of each 2014, but can't tell them apart.  They seem identical.   Huh

Which is silver-plated and which is pure silver?

Putting the content on the coin would be helpful!

Happy Moneroversary!

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sphericon

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 05:54:58 PM

I ordered one of each 2014, but can't tell them apart.  They seem identical.   Huh

Happy Moneroversary!

Brass is about 80% the weight of silver, so if you have an accurate scale, you might be able to tell it that way.

cryptonic21 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 07:33:03 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2015, 02:19:02 PM by cryptonic21

I ordered one of each 2014, but can't tell them apart.  They seem identical.   Huh

Happy Moneroversary!

Brass is about 80% the weight of silver, so if you have an accurate scale, you might be able to tell it that way.

Thanks for the feedback. I can also help in identifying the coins. Please PM me with the coin IDs (any 3 serial symbols should be enough for that).

In the future we are going to make some information (including the type of the coin) available during its validation by ID at cryptonic.net.

Scamalert

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

Captain

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 01:28:23 PM

At cryptonic.net you can connect a coin to any public Monero address of your choice right now.

You can optionally bind the same coin to Bitcoin, Litecoin and Doge public keys as well. That makes Cryptonic MONEROJ little different from other familiar physical coins. It also makes them safe and secure as nobody except you can get access to your private keys.

I am not sure I have got this right?
This is basically a novely coin, which hold no other value than the metel of the coin?
The link of the public keys does not give the one in possision of the coin the possiblitiy to
spend the coins. Thus the coin is not always loaded.

Is this correctly understod?
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2015, 01:59:17 PM

At cryptonic.net you can connect a coin to any public Monero address of your choice right now.

You can optionally bind the same coin to Bitcoin, Litecoin and Doge public keys as well. That makes Cryptonic MONEROJ little different from other familiar physical coins. It also makes them safe and secure as nobody except you can get access to your private keys.

I am not sure I have got this right?
This is basically a novely coin, which hold no other value than the metel of the coin?
The link of the public keys does not give the one in possision of the coin the possiblitiy to
spend the coins. Thus the coin is not always loaded.

Is this correctly understod?

Yes. The coins come unfunded. At this moment binding a coin to a Monero public key is a pure magical act as we can not check the balance of this address yet. But this should change in the future when Monero View Key functionality will be available for public use. We are going to integrate it in our system as soon as possible.

For now you can see balances for other currencies binded to the coin as an example.
To spend from these addresses you can use any wallet software which allows spending with the corresponding private keys.

In the future we are also considering to integrate an ability to optionally spend Bitcoins directly from our site by implementing blockchain.info API. Anyway we are not going to touch the private keys or keep them for security reasons.

For Monero we have a plan to link the real Monero addresses with the physical coins's two sets of base58 serial IDs encrypted with a pass phrase for an additional security. You can read more about it at official Monero forum: https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/221/creating-a-standard-for-physical-coins. All the latest and future Monero coins come with two sets of base58 IDs engraved for that purpose.

Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 03:49:28 PM

Yes. The coins come unfunded. At this moment binding a coin to a Monero public key is a pure magical act as we can not check the balance of this address yet. But this should change in the future when Monero View Key functionality will be available for public use. We are going to integrate it in our system as soon as possible.

For now you can see balances for other currencies binded to the coin as an example.
To spend from these addresses you can use any wallet software which allows spending with the corresponding private keys.

In the future we are also considering to integrate an ability to optionally spend Bitcoins directly from our site by implementing blockchain.info API. Anyway we are not going to touch the private keys or keep them for security reasons.

For Monero we have a plan to link the real Monero addresses with the physical coins's two sets of base58 serial IDs encrypted with a pass phrase for an additional security. You can read more about it at official Monero forum: https://forum.getmonero.org/4/academic-and-technical/221/creating-a-standard-for-physical-coins. All the latest and future Monero coins come with two sets of base58 IDs engraved for that purpose.

Thank you very much to take time to explain the system to me.
I think I understand it correct now.
The coins look very fine.
Personally I do not know what I could possible use them for, but they do look fine.
saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 20, 2015, 11:25:22 PM

Just received my SILVER MONEROJ, very nice!

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 11:33:00 AM

Just received my SILVER MONEROJ, very nice!

Thank you for sharing. We are really happy that coins are getting delivered and everything is fine.

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 11:54:14 AM

Monero. The rise of the crypto star.

hodlmybtc

Activity: 700

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 03:53:40 PM

Received mine today Grin

Great work OP!

bithalo
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017

Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

View Profile
April 21, 2015, 10:50:59 PM

Happy Moneroversary!

Many sellers put the weight such as "1 Troy Oz" and if pure silver,  ".999 Fine Silver".  The latter part should be added for the solid pure coins to eliminate confusion.

Co-author to the Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins.  More details can be found at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2767515.0
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 11:32:35 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2015, 12:58:35 AM by cryptonic21

I ordered one of each 2014, but can't tell them apart.  They seem identical.   Huh

Happy Moneroversary!

Many sellers put the weight such as "1 Troy Oz" and if pure silver,  ".999 Fine Silver".  The latter part should be added for the solid pure coins to eliminate confusion.

Thanks a lot. We will definitely pay more attention to eliminate confusion in the future. We do not want to put these marks directly on the coins' face to keep its design minimalistic and concentrate on Monero itself. But probably we can engrave it on the coins' edge.

cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2015, 11:38:53 PM

Received mine today Grin

Great work OP!

Thank you.

Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
April 22, 2015, 10:33:13 AM

Dear friends,

Which slogan do you think is more attractive for the new 2015 coins?

1. Secure. Private. Untraceable.

or in Esperanto:

2. Sekura. Privata. Inrastreable.

Esperanto?  Cheesy
Seriously? I thought it died out in the 90ties.

I like nr.1 better for sure:
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
cryptonic21 (OP)

Physical Monero coins

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 11:59:47 AM

Dear friends,

Which slogan do you think is more attractive for the new 2015 coins?

1. Secure. Private. Untraceable.

or in Esperanto:

2. Sekura. Privata. Inrastreable.

Esperanto?  Cheesy
Seriously? I thought it died out in the 90ties.

I like nr.1 better for sure:
Secure. Private. Untraceable.

Most probably little later we will create the coin with English words as well to have some options to choose from.

snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2015, 10:14:31 PM

I had to Google "Esperanto," I had honestly never heard of it. I would suggest Latin as a universal foreign language, although it's certainly not an original idea. Esperanto would be an original idea for a physical crypto coin, so I think if that's what you're trying to do- go for it. I also think you should definitely have "1 Troy Oz .999 Fine Silver" stamped on the pure silver coins as suggested above. Pure silver coins, rounds, bars, etc. should always have their assay information stamped on it somewhere. This way, if Monero ever crashed and became totally worthless (I'm not saying this will or won't happen), the owners of these coins would still be able to sell them for their Silver content, and it would be slightly easier for them to do so if it were stamped. However, whoever buys it from them will still probably want to test it first anyways, because these aren't universally known Silver rounds like American Silver Eagles. I think stamping that info. on the rim of the coin would be cool as OP suggested.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 23, 2015, 12:23:50 AM

I had to Google "Esperanto," I had honestly never heard of it. I would suggest Latin as a universal foreign language, although it's certainly not an original idea. Esperanto would be an original idea for a physical crypto coin, so I think if that's what you're trying to do- go for it. I also think you should definitely have "1 Troy Oz .999 Fine Silver" stamped on the pure silver coins as suggested above. Pure silver coins, rounds, bars, etc. should always have their assay information stamped on it somewhere. This way, if Monero ever crashed and became totally worthless (I'm not saying this will or won't happen), the owners of these coins would still be able to sell them for their Silver content, and it would be slightly easier for them to do so if it were stamped. However, whoever buys it from them will still probably want to test it first anyways, because these aren't universally known Silver rounds like American Silver Eagles. I think stamping that info. on the rim of the coin would be cool as OP suggested.

Esperanto is relevant to Monero because Monero means "currency" in esperanto.

Scamalert

Captain

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:21:40 PM

1KingCK! Now that is a very rare coin indeed.

Might be a stupid question, why is the 1KingCK coin rare? because it is the first minted or because it is the one on the picture?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: