Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:13:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 »
  Print  
Author Topic: i quit  (Read 142513 times)
plast555

Activity: 951
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:12:39 PM

can you guys help me out. My wallet will not sync. Stuck at 4 weeks out. i installed the conf file with the nodes.
My wallet version is v1.0.0.1-g32a928e. The few million coins I have are all set to stake and I cant move them.
Any ideas?

download new client first v1.2.0.7-g32a928e
I will not post any link from the new wallet, because people will accusing me that I'm spreading virus for sure, so...here is the dev post so download from there !
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985182.msg11492463#msg11492463

see do you have in conf file added:
listen=1
you have to find around 32 connections !!!

and btw what is the masternode port and some conf will be nice Wink
and you changed port from 17015 to 17014 ?
litedoge

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

wow much coin such love

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:19:07 PM

My wallet does not work ...

Do the following ...

• Use latest wallet - download wallet from page 1
  • Empty current litedoge folder (Make copy of wallet.dat)
  • Run wallet to reload new files (litedoge-qt.exe)
  • Stop wallet then copy wallet.dat back into litedoge folder & add litedoge.conf file (optional)
  • Restart wallet and wait till it's synced (just restart if it gets stuck)
  • Unlock wallet
  • Happy staking

• litedoge.conf
  • addnode=93.157.4.11
  • addnode=91.121.6.19
  • addnode=183.91.4.3
  • listen=1
  • daemon=1

Note: minimum of 10mil LDOGE is recommended

aquitasIJ (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:27:50 PM

can you guys help me out. My wallet will not sync. Stuck at 4 weeks out. i installed the conf file with the nodes.
My wallet version is v1.0.0.1-g32a928e. The few million coins I have are all set to stake and I cant move them.
Any ideas?

download new client first v1.2.0.7-g32a928e
I will not post any link from the new wallet, because people will accusing me that I'm spreading virus for sure, so...here is the dev post so download from there !
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=985182.msg11492463#msg11492463

see do you have in conf file added:
listen=1
you have to find around 32 connections !!!

and btw what is the masternode port and some conf will be nice Wink
and you changed port from 17015 to 17014 ?
default ports are the same
Code:
nDefaultPort = 17014;
nRPCPort = 17015;

to make a masternode, type "masternode genkey" in the console without the qoutes
send 5 million ldoge to that address and put the masternode key in your conf where it says "Replacemewithyourmasternodekey"
and put your IP address where it says "ReplaceMeWithYourIP"
and save that conf and restart the wallet.
then when the 5 million you sent to the masternode address confirm, type "masternode start" in the console.
its better if you use a daemon on a vps also.

Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcuser=ReplaceMe
rpcpassword=ReplaceMeAlso
server=1
daemon=1
listen=1
staking=0
port=17014
masternodeaddr=ReplaceMeWithYourIP:17014
masternode=1
masternodeprivkey=Replacemewithyourmasternodekey

aquitasIJ (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 11:53:44 PM

Yeah, 5 million is WAY too low for a masternode.  We have over 4 billion coins already, and we are adding 40.5 million LDOGE per day for another 15 weeks or so.  Even then it will only drop down to 13.5 million LDOGE per day at block 250k.  I'd vote for 25-50 million LDOGE for a masternode to be honest.  Seeing as LDOGE is set to inflate at the rate of about 5 billion coins per year forever, it's not like we will be having a major shortage of coins for new masternodes.

Also, I haven't loaded up the new wallet to check out yet, but the way aquitasIJ described it was that we should be running multiple instances of the daemon for each masternode.  Not trying to be a whiner, I swear, but even if the fork needs to be delayed it would be nice if it could be set up so we could do this all from the qt rather than having to run all these instances of the daemon.  Props on getting this far, but I get the feeling I am not alone when I say may as well delay the masternode implementation until it's 100% perfect.
When you put it like that, the inflation does seem high.
What if the block reward goes down to 3k or 1k ldoge per block instead of 30k?

5 million for masternodes is a good amount though. This allows many people to make masternodes if litedoge becomes popular.
Currently 5 million is more that 0.11% of the total coins. So its not small.
I own about 38 million ldoge myself. And to me this is a huge amount! so making the masternodes 25-50 million each is really too big. 5 million is good imo. If you think about it, 5 million litedoge is a bigger % of litedoge than 100 million doge is to dogecoin.
Bitcoinman777

Activity: 109

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:28:07 AM

Yeah, 5 million is WAY too low for a masternode.  We have over 4 billion coins already, and we are adding 40.5 million LDOGE per day for another 15 weeks or so.  Even then it will only drop down to 13.5 million LDOGE per day at block 250k.  I'd vote for 25-50 million LDOGE for a masternode to be honest.  Seeing as LDOGE is set to inflate at the rate of about 5 billion coins per year forever, it's not like we will be having a major shortage of coins for new masternodes.

Also, I haven't loaded up the new wallet to check out yet, but the way aquitasIJ described it was that we should be running multiple instances of the daemon for each masternode.  Not trying to be a whiner, I swear, but even if the fork needs to be delayed it would be nice if it could be set up so we could do this all from the qt rather than having to run all these instances of the daemon.  Props on getting this far, but I get the feeling I am not alone when I say may as well delay the masternode implementation until it's 100% perfect.

5 million for masternodes is a good amount though. This allows many people to make masternodes if litedoge becomes popular.
I own about 38 million ldoge myself. And to me this is a huge amount! so making the masternodes 25-50 million each is really too big. 5 million is good imo. If you think about it, 5 million litedoge is a bigger % of litedoge than 100 million doge is to dogecoin.

25M is ok

Donation address: 154
keeper of the seven keys

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 12:54:20 AM

This coin is doing well  Shocked , so happy that I bought some.  Smiley
limar

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:00:29 AM

speaking of masternode what is the return from it, or how to calculate earnings from it? does it also stake coins at same time?

Go to Hell
LiteBit
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 01:27:02 AM

25M per node would be too high imo
That'd be around 175 total masternodes at this point in time with exactly zero more coins in circulation for transactions/exchange/betting/etc

The masternode system works best when there are a large number of nodes, a number large enough to not be outnumbered by a bad seed.

5M per node would give 5*175= 875 masternodes with 0 coins in circulation. Even if 1/2 the community did masternodes that's be over 400 with 1/2 the coin supply still in the wild for transactions, etc...

5M logically seems better to me.
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 03:56:14 AM

If inflation is reduced, 5 million LDOGE is a reasonable number for a masternode.  I know it makes it more of a pain in the ass, but if inflation is to be cut, I think it is better to reduce it gradually rather than instantly.  A sudden and massive reduction in the inflation rate tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth of people who sold coins because they took the inflation rate into account and expected price to drop and discourages new members of the community because they see it as current members just trying to hoard their coins and cut off the supply.

If the inflation reduction route is to be taken, I vote for something like dropping the reward 1k LDOGE every week until we end up at 3k LDOGE or so.  30k to 29k to 28k to 27k....and so on.  At that rate we are talking 6 3/4 months before base reward is hit and only 4.05 million LDOGE is created per day/1.478 billion per year.  These numbers can be tweaked of course, just throwing out a theoretical plan.

On another note, it doesn't seem right that I hold so many more LDOGE than one of the devs, so post your address so I can send a couple million your way in appreciation for your hard work.
aquitasIJ (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:15:29 AM

If inflation is reduced, 5 million LDOGE is a reasonable number for a masternode.  I know it makes it more of a pain in the ass, but if inflation is to be cut, I think it is better to reduce it gradually rather than instantly.  A sudden and massive reduction in the inflation rate tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth of people who sold coins because they took the inflation rate into account and expected price to drop and discourages new members of the community because they see it as current members just trying to hoard their coins and cut off the supply.

If the inflation reduction route is to be taken, I vote for something like dropping the reward 1k LDOGE every week until we end up at 3k LDOGE or so.  30k to 29k to 28k to 27k....and so on.  At that rate we are talking 6 3/4 months before base reward is hit and only 4.05 million LDOGE is created per day/1.478 billion per year.  These numbers can be tweaked of course, just throwing out a theoretical plan.

On another note, it doesn't seem right that I hold so many more LDOGE than one of the devs, so post your address so I can send a couple million your way in appreciation for your hard work.
How about something like this:
block 120k - 130k= 15k
block 130k - 140k = 7k
block 140k - 150k = 3.5k
block 150k - 160k = 2k
block 160k+   = 1k
aquitasIJ (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:35:36 AM

MinerFTW is constantly dissing the dev on IRC for some reason and being a general cunt toward him.
I have made a coin myself and I have not been able to add any of those feature you added no matter how hard i tried. So I understand the effort it took you.
As far as i know all MinerFTW did was make a checkpointing node and a seednode for Litedoge because you don't have a vps or something like that.
Because i see this injustice, i will offer to make you a checkpointing server on my pool. Free of charge. Its a dedicated high quality server with great internet speeds.
Thank you for your offer.
But I will run the checkpointing server from my own vps from now on.
You are welcome to make a node though.
aquitasIJ (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 04:53:37 AM

Any problems so far with the new wallet?
If you encounter a problem, instead of immediately selling, you can tell me the problem and i can fix it  Smiley
Also another new wallet soon with encrypted messaging and better gui and hard fork for lower staking rewards.
If you could suggest the staking reward changes that you would prefer, that would be nice.
watsdadeal

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 06:25:55 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 08:47:18 AM by watsdadeal

Wallet appears offline (version v1.0.0.1-g32a928). Is there any new wallet? Link please

Any help?. Thank you!!
SockPuppetAccount

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

MiG Messenger - earn while chatting

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 08:01:51 AM

block 120k - 130k= 15k
block 130k - 140k = 7k
block 140k - 150k = 3.5k
block 150k - 160k = 2k
block 160k+   = 1k

Yeah, something like this seems a bit more reasonable.  Of course I am far from the most important member of the community, so I will go along with whatever makes the greatest number of people happy.  Hopefully we get some feedback from the community and whatever beef you and MinerFTW have with each other get cleared up in private, because I am betting those massive sell walls are him and the wallet being offline is due to him shutting down his checkpointing node.   Roll Eyes So much drama around here.......
PeterVenter

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 08:45:22 AM

my explorer is still running up to date for now. http://litedoge.hopto.org/

MinerFTW, I can't access your Block Explorer.  http://litedoge.hopto.org/
Are you busy with maintenance?
When will it be up and running again?

PS: Keep up the good work!

d57heinz
Legendary

Activity: 1453
Merit: 1011

Bitcoin Talks Bullshit Walks

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:00:22 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 10:00:56 AM by d57heinz

If inflation is reduced, 5 million LDOGE is a reasonable number for a masternode.  I know it makes it more of a pain in the ass, but if inflation is to be cut, I think it is better to reduce it gradually rather than instantly.  A sudden and massive reduction in the inflation rate tends to leave a bad taste in the mouth of people who sold coins because they took the inflation rate into account and expected price to drop and discourages new members of the community because they see it as current members just trying to hoard their coins and cut off the supply.

If the inflation reduction route is to be taken, I vote for something like dropping the reward 1k LDOGE every week until we end up at 3k LDOGE or so.  30k to 29k to 28k to 27k....and so on.  At that rate we are talking 6 3/4 months before base reward is hit and only 4.05 million LDOGE is created per day/1.478 billion per year.  These numbers can be tweaked of course, just throwing out a theoretical plan.

block 120k - 130k= 15k
block 130k - 140k = 7k
block 140k - 150k = 3.5k
block 150k - 160k = 2k
block 160k+   = 1k

Yeah, something like this seems a bit more reasonable.  Of course I am far from the most important member of the community, so I will go along with whatever makes the greatest number of people happy.  Hopefully we get some feedback from the community and whatever beef you and MinerFTW have with each other get cleared up in private, because I am betting those massive sell walls are him and the wallet being offline is due to him shutting down his checkpointing node.   Roll Eyes So much drama around here.......
wel if that is the case   what a a shame..  I didn't think Minerftw was that way..   Hmmmm  very spiteful  He definetly shut his connections down as I have both wallets with the two ip Minerftw had and both are 0 connections..    Ill start buying up his coins ..   Don't worry we will get this back online ..

Best Regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:09:49 AM
Last edit: May 31, 2015, 09:59:56 AM by d57heinz

Smiley

http://blockexperts.com/ldoge  if you click here on peers  they are both gone now.. That was the two ip Minerftw provided

Best regards
d57heinz

As in nature, all is ebb and tide, all is wave motion, so it seems that in all branches of industry, alternating currents - electric wave motion - will have the sway. ~Nikola Tesla~
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:12:43 AM

So to move on   what do I need to do to get this back running..  Do I have to dl the new wallet.. and what do I put as the node ip 

Best regards
d57heinz

johnson1990

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 09:19:11 AM

and what really pisses me off MINERFTW  you transferred your coins to exchange then shut it down.. You betrayed the community.. Period..    I guess you never learn do you.!!!  Good luck with soon coin
...</snip>

Do you aware that he was banned in irc for no reason?  It is not he betrayed the community. It is the "community" choose to believe what mrz123 said instead of the hard work done by MinerFTW. I am sure you will be pissed off if people ban you and ignore all your hardwork.

MinerFTW is constantly dissing the dev on IRC for some reason and being a general cunt toward him.
...</snip>
d57heinz
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 09:24:11 AM

and what really pisses me off MINERFTW  you transferred your coins to exchange then shut it down.. You betrayed the community.. Period..    I guess you never learn do you.!!!  Good luck with soon coin
...</snip>

Do you aware that he was banned in irc for no reason?  It is not he betrayed the community. It is the "community" choose to believe what mrz123 said instead of the hard work done by MinerFTW. I am sure you will be pissed off if people ban you and ignore all your hardwork.

...</snip>

yes maybe pissed yes   but to shut down the checkpoint server and allow us all to fork was WRONG.. that costs us Many coins and not to mention all the hard work of MANY others is lost if the coin gets fucked up again .. How many times are the exchanges gonna give us a chance.. Im just saying that was a childish move and he needs to think of more people than just himself..

Best Regards
d57hienZ

Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 »
  Print  

Jump to: