Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][NEOS]Neos v2.1- Blowfish, 2FA, Theft Recovery, Decoy System - SHA-256  (Read 16042 times)
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 02:13:43 PM

What do we have the next in our pipeline?

I'm experimenting with some blockchain ideas, but we're also entertaining the idea of PoS.  We don't want to go the traditional PoS route, we'd rather do something more unique and productive.  There are still a few features that need some further work done in 2.1, but that's pending for a few reasons.  It's definitely been a busy period of time recently and bound to only get more intense.

Best regards,

syntaks

POS is a good distributed approach, but can also prove to be quite risky as it often has blockchain issues. Many coins have died off after a wrong implementation. When done well, on the other hand, it is less centralized than PoW is, so I prefer it.

Hoarding of coins is an issue, though.

We've thought about this and share the same feelings, believe me.  I'm not a huge fan of PoS, however, I have some ideas I'm going to be fabricating into a staging chain and I'll release details after I've verified it's feasible. =)

Some people are having a discussion about the success/failures and associated risks of going POS here on this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1065172.0

With PoW there's a cost associated with producing a coin with mining equipment and electricity so miners won't sell their coins any cheaper than that which creates a floor price. With PoS there is no cost of production, you just have to own and hold coins which also means that everybody can stake their coins.
Another significant difference is that newly generated PoS coins are going to people who are already holding the coins as a reward. That is generally not true for PoW. And more coins mean inflation so in essence PoS coins are rewarding stakers with free coins at the cost of inflation. Personally it doesn't make sense to me why anyone would invest into PoS coins especially considering the average lifespan of coins and how rapidly things change in crypto - but that's jut me.

So I'm not saying we shouldn't go POS but we should give it a careful attention before making the leap if we do.
Because once we go POS, its never going back to POW.

Very good points. What it actually the main reason we're considering changing?

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 01:41:57 AM

Quick question: Is there a way to export the private key from my wallet?

I'll add that into the queue as a tool to be added.  For now would you be comfortable with using the daemon?

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks, that would be a useful tool. Can't say I've ever used a daemon before, unfortunately.

What system are you running on?

Best regards,

syntaks

Windows.

Sorry for the delayed response it's been a hell of a hectic day here.  Click start, then either type in the input box 'cmd' or if you have 'Run' click that and then type 'cmd' (without the single quotes).  This will bring up a DOS prompt.  In there, type this:

cd %appdata%\Neos-v2.1 (if Neos-v2.1 is what you chose to name it)
neoscoind.exe -datadir=neos-data dumpprivkey neos-address-here

That should do the trick.  If not, please let me know and we'll get you all squared away.

Best regards,

syntaks

twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 01:46:57 AM

What do we have the next in our pipeline?

I'm experimenting with some blockchain ideas, but we're also entertaining the idea of PoS.  We don't want to go the traditional PoS route, we'd rather do something more unique and productive.  There are still a few features that need some further work done in 2.1, but that's pending for a few reasons.  It's definitely been a busy period of time recently and bound to only get more intense.

Best regards,

syntaks

POS is a good distributed approach, but can also prove to be quite risky as it often has blockchain issues. Many coins have died off after a wrong implementation. When done well, on the other hand, it is less centralized than PoW is, so I prefer it.

Hoarding of coins is an issue, though.

We've thought about this and share the same feelings, believe me.  I'm not a huge fan of PoS, however, I have some ideas I'm going to be fabricating into a staging chain and I'll release details after I've verified it's feasible. =)

Some people are having a discussion about the success/failures and associated risks of going POS here on this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1065172.0

With PoW there's a cost associated with producing a coin with mining equipment and electricity so miners won't sell their coins any cheaper than that which creates a floor price. With PoS there is no cost of production, you just have to own and hold coins which also means that everybody can stake their coins.
Another significant difference is that newly generated PoS coins are going to people who are already holding the coins as a reward. That is generally not true for PoW. And more coins mean inflation so in essence PoS coins are rewarding stakers with free coins at the cost of inflation. Personally it doesn't make sense to me why anyone would invest into PoS coins especially considering the average lifespan of coins and how rapidly things change in crypto - but that's jut me.

So I'm not saying we shouldn't go POS but we should give it a careful attention before making the leap if we do.
Because once we go POS, its never going back to POW.

Very good points. What it actually the main reason we're considering changing?

Right now, we have no plans or consideration for changing to PoS.  I'm working on an experimental model, that isn't PoS, but something a bit different.  If I can make it happen, I'll detail it for the community to examine and then as a community we'll all decide if it's something we should implement.

Best regards,

syntaks

raze182

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

A légpárnás hajóm tele van angolnákkal.

View Profile
May 20, 2015, 02:35:55 AM

I'll add that into the queue as a tool to be added.  For now would you be comfortable with using the daemon?

Best regards,

syntaks

Thanks, that would be a useful tool. Can't say I've ever used a daemon before, unfortunately.

Best regards,

syntaks

Windows.

Sorry for the delayed response it's been a hell of a hectic day here.  Click start, then either type in the input box 'cmd' or if you have 'Run' click that and then type 'cmd' (without the single quotes).  This will bring up a DOS prompt.  In there, type this:

That should do the trick.  If not, please let me know and we'll get you all squared away.

Best regards,

syntaks

That did it. Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated. Smiley

Xtrdw361DvoyDhxL5XoeAvTxTPvM4dXuLW
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2015, 02:36:37 AM

Best regards,

syntaks

Best regards,

syntaks

Windows.

Best regards,

syntaks

That did it. Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated. Smiley

Anytime =)

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
May 26, 2015, 02:04:27 PM

Good news and Price is rising:

What could this mean?
http://community.neoscoin.com/t/what-could-this-mean/446

Good morning folks =) Mobile development is in progress thanks to a determined and dedicated $neos supporter. #neoscoin #altcoin
https://twitter.com/NeosCoin/status/602831156686520321

AltxF4

Activity: 230

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 05:57:21 AM

Things are looking good, more new people interested I sure hope!
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:10:10 AM

Looking good!  Grin

stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:33:18 PM

Looking good!  Grin

Yeah dude! Seems to be a lot of accumulation recently and overall distribution looks great! So glad to be involved in NEOS!
mightgetlucky

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 10:34:37 PM

Looking great! Just wish coins had more volume.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 03:39:26 PM

Looking great! Just wish coins had more volume.

For a coin at this marketcap (and sure, it should have a much higher MC) the volume is not that bad. We're between releases, for the public it seems more like a quiet time. And the current price seems to establish a new base. I'm very optimistic the future releases and news will have more impact on the market than in the past.

And the great thing about Neos: Not just Syntaks and his guys are always working and delivering, also some skilled Community-Members are highly active behind the curtain. I don't know any project with such a progress. Needed is "just" more attention on this pearl, but it's also increasing. 
twoturtles (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 07:18:41 AM

Hey folks,

I wanted to post this here, just a few words and updates from me: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/upcoming-development-the-current-state-of-and-other-news/452  If anyone needs anything, don't hesitate to contact me or the team.

Best regards,

syntaks

Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 08:46:18 AM

Hey folks,

I wanted to post this here, just a few words and updates from me: http://forum.neoscoin.com/t/upcoming-development-the-current-state-of-and-other-news/452  If anyone needs anything, don't hesitate to contact me or the team.

Best regards,

syntaks

Inspirational stuff!  Appreciate the dedication!

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 09:44:59 AM

Hey folks,

Best regards,

syntaks

It was a good read, thanks!
NEOS will be turning a year old soon, yay! You said it right, how time flies!

Thanks for continuously being on your toe for the development, the future definitely looks bright!
hentzikov

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:14:15 PM

Just stopped by to say I'm new to the Neos community and accumulated quite a few coins now so I'm excited for the future of the [Suspicious link removed]d stuff all around here  Grin
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 02:43:40 PM

Just stopped by to say I'm new to the Neos community and accumulated quite a few coins now so I'm excited for the future of the [Suspicious link removed]d stuff all around here  Grin

Welcome to the best project I know! A little hint for everybody who is new:

Infernoman ‏@clark_alastair
Tomorrow night at 9PM EST meet us at the $Neos IRC channel for another Give away !
https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.freenode.net/#neoscoin

https://twitter.com/clark_alastair/status/606301058600595456

As far as I know, he will do that everyday for some time.
ffpool.net

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 09:40:34 PM

NeosCoin has been added to the SHA256 Multiport @ http://ffpool.net

Mine every coin, every algo and get paid in every coin or directly in BTC

vlvarbanov

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:04:09 PM