Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:16:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CoinLab Protected Pool  (Read 97560 times)
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 09:18:17 PM

Last week has been paid out for all users with a balance over 1BTC (including you juhakall  Wink

Again, my apologies for the late payment and for not letting you all know that we wouldn't be in the office yesterday.

Right now, most of our developers are working on the final touches of the client before we release the initial windows build. One developer is working on some web stats improvements.

We really need to get the Windows client out the door, but once we do, we'll be taking some time to talk to some of our miners directly about what they need/want in the "Pro" linux client. If you have thoughts to contribute, post here, PM, or we can set up a skype call.

Thanks for your patience.

Chris

Chris, whatever "pro" features end up in the linux version, I sincerely hope will be in the windows version as well, in the form of AT LEAST, command line stuff...

My sentiments exactly...  why is it a 'separate' thing..  we have pro windows users too.

This is similar to the stats page without styling. why in the world was/is it a different page. It is creating extra work and headaches.

For the miner, the same code should compile in linux or windows.  Or am i way off base here?

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
CoinLab (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2012, 09:38:24 PM

Last week has been paid out for all users with a balance over 1BTC (including you juhakall  Wink

Again, my apologies for the late payment and for not letting you all know that we wouldn't be in the office yesterday.

Right now, most of our developers are working on the final touches of the client before we release the initial windows build. One developer is working on some web stats improvements.

We really need to get the Windows client out the door, but once we do, we'll be taking some time to talk to some of our miners directly about what they need/want in the "Pro" linux client. If you have thoughts to contribute, post here, PM, or we can set up a skype call.

Chris

Chris, whatever "pro" features end up in the linux version, I sincerely hope will be in the windows version as well, in the form of AT LEAST, command line stuff...

My sentiments exactly...  why is it a 'separate' thing..  we have pro windows users too.

This is similar to the stats page without styling. why in the world was/is it a different page. It is creating extra work and headaches.

For the miner, the same code should compile in linux or windows.  Or am i way off base here?

OK, sounds like we'll need to make "pro" versions for both Linux and Windows.

The current build that is going to be released is aimed at non-technical people: we will be using this version with gamers who aren't familiar with Bitcoin mining. We'll start working a version with the advanced features pro miners need, such as command line control,  as soon as this build is done (this week probably).
meebs

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 09:46:24 PM

The current build that is going to be released is aimed at non-technical people: we will be using this version with gamers who aren't familiar with Bitcoin mining. We'll start working a version with the advanced features pro miners need, such as command line control,  as soon as this build is done (this week probably).

At the end of the day it needs to work well and be VERY stable.

There is a reason why CGminer and BFGminer are regarded as great in this community and GUIminer is regarded as crap.

Giving users the choice of 'complexity' is a good thing as well. Something like Boinc and Folding@Home clients give the users a couple options of how complex the GUI is while allowing basic users to have a simple interface and giving power users more options/control and better stats reporting.

Stats is VERY important for power users in distributed computing. People who have multiple computers NEED to have EASY access to the numbers that their machines are putting out to 1. easily see if there are any machines down/issues and 2. just to monitor how things are going.

Just my 2 cents Smiley

▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
           ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄
        ▄██████▀▀             ▀▀██████▄
      ▄█████▀▀                    ▀▀█████▄
     █████▀                          ▀█████
    ████▀          ▄▄███████▄▄         ▀████
   ████▌        ▄██▀▀▀    ▀▀▀██▄        ▐████
  ████▌       ▄██▀            ▀██▄       ▐████
 ▐████       ██▀   ▄▄█▀▀▀█▄▄    ▀██       ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▀  ▄▄   ▀▀             ▐████
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
▐████       ██  ▐█  ▐█                     ████▌
▐████       ██  █▌  █▌ █████████████      ████▌
 ████▌      ▐█▌   █▄  ▀▀   ▄▄    ██▀      ▐████
 ▐████       ██▄   ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀    ██▌       ████▌
  █████       ▀██▄            ▄██▀       █████
   █████        ▀██▄▄▄    ▄▄▄██▀        █████
    █████          ▀▀███████▀▀         █████
     █████▄                          ▄█████
      ▀█████▄▄                    ▄▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄             ▄▄██████▀
           ▀████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀
              ▀▀▀█████████████▀▀▀
Global Cryptocurrency
          ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DECENTRALISING PRODUCTION, LOGISTICS AND PAYMENT 
                ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   3D SERVICE      32 BAY     GCC WEBWALLET
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 09:56:39 PM

Chris

Basically, CoinLab, I would suggest building a client that has a very simple yet universal front end(GUI) for the and the gamers you are targeting this too. But also, have a very comprehensive backend (commandline) .. which is universal to each of Win/*nix as well.  It would combining best of both worlds, for both those who want simple and those who want to control every aspect of it. That, would be the ultimate, IDEAL goal. One step further would be integrating some sort of API to interact w/ over TCPIP for those who would want to monitor multi rig / farm setups. All of this could be integrated into one client.

I know, for myself, if I dont have the ability to disable / change clocks / voltages on GPU's ... etc .. the windows client will be hell, because then I will have to install msi afterburner or some junk program.
I love having that fine tuning control built into cgminer. I sure hope it comes to CL's program..

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 10:06:33 PM

Chris

Basically, CoinLab, I would suggest building a client that has a very simple yet universal front end(GUI) for the and the gamers you are targeting this too. But also, have a very comprehensive backend (commandline) .. which is universal to each of Win/*nix as well.  It would combining best of both worlds, for both those who want simple and those who want to control every aspect of it. That, would be the ultimate, IDEAL goal. One step further would be integrating some sort of API to interact w/ over TCPIP for those who would want to monitor multi rig / farm setups. All of this could be integrated into one client.

I know, for myself, if I dont have the ability to disable / change clocks / voltages on GPU's ... etc .. the windows client will be hell, because then I will have to install msi afterburner or some junk program.
I love having that fine tuning control built into cgminer. I sure hope it comes to CL's program..

In 1995 (roughly)   Microsoft bought the rights to branch sybase.  they started Microsoft sql server.

Why in the world cant we buy the rights to branch cgminer codebase, and take the branch private?  the current open source codebase would not be affected, and coinlab would have the BEST miner to go forward with.

GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
November 13, 2012, 10:20:31 PM

Chris

In 1995 (roughly)   Microsoft bought the rights to branch sybase.  they started Microsoft sql server.

Why in the world cant we buy the rights to branch cgminer codebase, and take the branch private?  the current open source codebase would not be affected, and coinlab would have the BEST miner to go forward with.

Im not sure we would have the best miner to go forward with.. in regards to their HPC work requirement. A TON would have to be built on top of cgminer to support that. I would think....anyways..

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
monstrs

Activity: 555
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 12:04:41 AM

Chris

Voting for this
juhakall

Activity: 657

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 12:35:50 AM

Is the new client going to get something similar to cgminer's intensity setting? IMO this is a must-have feature for non-dedicated rigs, and it looks like you are also trying to reach the less professional miners. I can easily play Battlefield 3 at a stable 60fps, and have cgminer in the background using whatever GPU resources are left over.

I'm currently developing an experimental social AI platform
CoinLab (OP)

Activity: 270

1CoinLabF5Avpp5kor41ngn7prTFMMHFVc

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2012, 01:06:45 AM

200% for the next block (207833)!
TheHarbinger

Activity: 378

Why is it so damn hot in here?

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 01:10:23 AM

May this block go on forever.  Wink

12Um6jfDE7q6crm1s6tSksMvda8s1hZ3Vj
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 01:49:55 AM

May this block go on forever.  Wink
only 11minutes =( boo

yochdog
Legendary

Activity: 2044

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 05:27:02 PM

I have been crunching a lot of numbers, and I am afraid something it wrong with my earnings at Coinlab. 

When all of my miners are running, I have 66 GH/s pointed at Coinlab.  I realize the hash-rate shown on the protected page is not 100% accurate, and some slippage in terms of reporting is to be expected.  However, the shares submitted should be true, and when calculating the hash rate from those figured we should be very very close. 

My problem is when I calculate these numbers, I am still being shorted by about 5,000 shares an hour in comparison to what calculate my farm should be submitting.  I have gone through each of my miners, and the problem machines are the ones that are FPGA heavy.  It seems that I show a certain hashing rate on my end, but then only get about 80% of that on your end. 

Am I the only one seeing this?  Does your pool have some idiosyncrasy that leads to FPGA's being less than optimal? 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Any help is appreciated!

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 05:38:53 PM

I have been crunching a lot of numbers, and I am afraid something it wrong with my earnings at Coinlab. 

When all of my miners are running, I have 66 GH/s pointed at Coinlab.  I realize the hash-rate shown on the protected page is not 100% accurate, and some slippage in terms of reporting is to be expected.  However, the shares submitted should be true, and when calculating the hash rate from those figured we should be very very close. 

My problem is when I calculate these numbers, I am still being shorted by about 5,000 shares an hour in comparison to what calculate my farm should be submitting.  I have gone through each of my miners, and the problem machines are the ones that are FPGA heavy.  It seems that I show a certain hashing rate on my end, but then only get about 80% of that on your end. 

Am I the only one seeing this?  Does your pool have some idiosyncrasy that leads to FPGA's being less than optimal? 

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? 

Any help is appreciated!

I dont know the equations to do the math but i have 2 MMQs pointed at CoinLab fulltime. Here are my stats from CL...

Date           Worker   Hours    Hash rate  Shares
2012-11-11  MMQ    81.77     1,615.2     110,705
2012-11-04  MMQ    149.77    1,580.6    198,422
2012-10-28  MMQ    151.80    1,605.5    204,268
2012-10-21  MMQ    129.03    1,530.3    165,503

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:04:25 PM

I am still being shorted by about 5,000 shares an hour in comparison to what calculate my farm should be submitting.  

I have done calculations in the past and ongoing of not what 'should be submitted' but what is actually submitted.

What is actually submitted allways works out right, in other words all shares are accounted for.  What I have noticed in the past is that coinlab does not provide work fast enough, so you have to look at your backup pools for extra shares being submitted there.

If you not using cgminer to take advantage of submitting to backup pools, then your not utilizing your gpus to their fullest.

edit:
here is a link to one of the tests i did

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99643.msg1266456;topicseen#msg1266456

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99643.msg1265829#msg1265829

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:16:55 PM

I am still being shorted by about 5,000 shares an hour in comparison to what calculate my farm should be submitting.  

I have done calculations in the past and ongoing of not what 'should be submitted' but what is actually submitted.

What is actually submitted allways works out right, in other words all shares are accounted for.  What I have noticed in the past is that coinlab does not provide work fast enough, so you have to look at your backup pools for extra shares being submitted there.

If you not using cgminer to take advantage of submitting to backup pools, then your not utilizing your gpus to their fullest.

edit:
here is a link to one of the tests i did

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99643.msg1266456;topicseen#msg1266456

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99643.msg1265829#msg1265829

My GPU-only miners seem to work 100% of the time flawlessly.  It is the FPGA miners that are substantially under performing. 

I am a trusted trader!  Ask Inaba, Luo Demin, Vanderbleek, Sannyasi, Episking, Miner99er, Isepick, Amazingrando, Cablez, ColdHardMetal, Dextryn, MB300sd, Robocoder, gnar1ta$ and many others!
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:21:20 PM

My GPU-only miners seem to work 100% of the time flawlessly.  It is the FPGA miners that are substantially under performing. 

We all know that coinlab is not the fastest pool around.  but we are earning loyalty points to be used later with GPUs.  We are fortunate to be able to continue to earn loyalty points with our fpgas

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:22:51 PM

We all know that coinlab is not the fastest pool around.  but we are earning loyalty points to be used later with GPUs.  We are fortunate to be able to continue to earn loyalty points with our fpgas

So it is a problem with Coinlab and not my miners?

I am just attempting to figure out if the foregone earnings now is worth the potential bonus later. 

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:30:57 PM

I am just attempting to figure out if the foregone earnings now is worth the potential bonus later. 

If you use cgminer, there will not be any 'foregone earnings', the shares will be at the other pools. or solo.

yochdog
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:35:34 PM

If you use cgminer, there will not be any 'foregone earnings', the shares will be at the other pools. or solo.

hmmmm, I do not see any shares bleeding over to the back-up pool.

Dammit this sucks. 

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
November 14, 2012, 06:41:31 PM

hmmmm, I do not see any shares bleeding over to the back-up pool.

Dammit this sucks. 

Yoch.  Since your using cgminer.  you can easily test this.  create a new user for coinlab and restart cgminer with new user.  cgminer will track the number of accepted shares which can then be compared to the coinlab stats.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: