Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:32:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [250GH/s] BitClockers.com Merged/No Invalids/Pure PPS/DDoS-Resistant/Live Stats  (Read 75648 times)
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2011, 10:04:49 PM

ohh and this

http://bitclockers.com/blockhistory/block/169

lets go for more

http://bitclockers.com/blockhistory/block/170

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 19, 2011, 10:05:52 PM

http://bitclockers.com/blockhistory/block/169
http://bitclockers.com/blockhistory/block/170
http://bitclockers.com/blockhistory/block/172

Dunno if there's more.  Huh Huh
V2-V3

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 01:56:03 AM
Last edit: September 20, 2011, 02:30:15 AM by V2-V3

Hello fellow miners,

The Saturday morning service outage was a result of issues with the main pool load balancer. Scripts designed to create a new virtual balancer failed; resulting in several hours of downtime.
We apologize for any trouble this may have caused.

We are aware of the the zero share block issue. Unfortunately, our database administrator was away with his family over the weekend. Payouts for block 169 and 172 will go out soon. Block 170 will be removed as it was not actually a block. We take pool stability seriously, any patch or database changes will be analyzed and tested to ensure it will not conflict with existing code or planned maintenance.

We welcome any and all feedback or bug reports. We have E-mail, IRC Live Chat, and community Forums to facilitate communication with the administrators.

BitClockers.com would like to thank all of you for your patience.  Bitclockers is nothing without active miners like you. With your support we will continue to provide outstanding support, lowest stales, and best up time in the community.

mmortal03
Legendary

Activity: 1762
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:25:41 AM

I had you guys down as providing automatic payouts the last time I updated my chart (mind you, it's been a little while). I just signed up to test things out, and I don't see an automatic payout feature (only an instant one).

Besides the auto payout feature not being there, the password reset feature isn't working for me.  Something got mangled with LastPass when I set my password initially, and now I'm not getting an e-mail when trying to reset it.
V2-V3

View Profile
September 20, 2011, 02:40:33 AM
Last edit: October 04, 2011, 06:49:54 PM by V2-V3

I had you guys down as providing automatic payouts the last time I updated my chart (mind you, it's been a little while). I just signed up to test things out, and I don't see an automatic payout feature (only an instant one).

Besides the auto payout feature not being there, the password reset feature isn't working for me.  Something got mangled with LastPass when I set my password initially, and now I'm not getting an e-mail when trying to reset it.

Bitclockers does not currently provide automatic payouts.

Users can request a password reset only once. PM Backburn or I with your username so i can reset it for you.

V2-V3

View Profile
October 04, 2011, 07:16:41 PM

How to cool your Bitcoin mining farm on the hottest day of the year.

http://youtu.be/Ut8mwo7vGBI
bronan

Activity: 774
Merit: 500

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 08:00:53 PM

Sadly although the pool runs kinda stable.
I am getting sick of seeing almost double users when the units are under 1,000,000 blocks
So even though its possible i hate these darn poolhoppers
For this i will keep searching one who has a solution against those thiefs.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 09, 2011, 08:04:16 PM

Honestly I have no idea why anyone uses a proportional pool anymore.  There are many solid proven hop proof pools out there now.
phants

Activity: 177

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 01:37:22 PM

In advance I am sorry for a bad writing - machine translation from Russian.

Has drawn today a conclusion of coins:
10343 2011-10-10 6:15:20 AM 0.26418189 14aAM9tMuuQBjBXrkHZ7peKTkXHLoNqB6y
But coins and haven't come. On a site http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/ also it is not visible to this transaction.
I ask to understand.
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 08:07:40 PM

Sadly i have same payement issue as well as like 15 or more others as i saw on irc
Untill now not a response from anyone.

Well somehow i get the idea that all pools are affected by the hoppers
I have no clue if it can really can be prevented, all pools i checked have this
The one i checked now at start i see about 100 to 500 more users for a (500.000 shares) short time and suddenly the numbers drop again. After it reaches (900.000) shares i see a difference of 100-400 workers left and the Ghash/s dropped accordingly
So i guess many still found a way to fool the pools in someway
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 08:24:23 PM

Sadly i have same payement issue as well as like 15 or more others as i saw on irc

The one i checked now at start i see about 100 to 500 more users for a (500.000 shares) short time and suddenly the numbers drop again. After it reaches (900.000) shares i see a difference of 100-400 workers left and the Ghash/s dropped accordingly

Join a PPS, PPLNS, or SMPPS pool.  These pools pay the same for every share. They are un-hoppable.  I know I hopped 10GH for quite a while.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Proportional pools are the only one that can be hopped with any regularity and it is astonishingly easy.  Just look for # of shares since last block and if below a preset hop point then hop in.  Once share count gets to preset hop point, hop out and look for another pool.  (All this automated of course).

As a proof to the strength of unhoppable pools when my miner told me there were no hoppable pools (because all pools which can be hopped were on long blocks) I went to a SMPPS pool so I wouldn't be cheated by other hoppers.  Yup even hoppers avoid getting hopped on.  Grin
V2-V3

View Profile
October 10, 2011, 08:55:06 PM

Methods are currently in development to provide an alternative solution for miners who wish to use a "hop proof" pool.
abracadabra

Activity: 956
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:06:32 AM

V2-V3,  can you look into a payment that I made this morning

Payment ID: 10337   2011-10-10 04:58:25   

It shows up on the site, but hasn't come thru to my wallet.

Thanks!
zapeta

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:40:02 AM

I can't login.  Keep getting password invalid.  Try to reset password and get no email from bitclockers.

Same problem.  Any suggestions?
phants

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 08:29:13 AM

In advance I am sorry for a bad writing - machine translation from Russian.

Has drawn today a conclusion of coins:
10343 2011-10-10 6:15:20 AM 0.26418189 14aAM9tMuuQBjBXrkHZ7peKTkXHLoNqB6y
But coins and haven't come. On a site http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/ also it is not visible to this transaction.
I ask to understand.
Help! Sad
HolodeckJizzmopper

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 01:47:24 PM
Last edit: October 12, 2011, 09:24:56 AM by HolodeckJizzmopper

http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=400.0

Thread on BitClockers forum with a growing list of people who didn't get paid.

Edit: Payment finally came through
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 02:08:24 PM

Join a PPS, PPLNS, or SMPPS pool.  These pools pay the same for every share. They are un-hoppable.  I know I hopped 10GH for quite a while.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Comparison_of_mining_pools

Proportional pools are the only one that can be hopped with any regularity and it is astonishingly easy.  Just look for # of shares since last block and if below a preset hop point then hop in.  Once share count gets to preset hop point, hop out and look for another pool.  (All this automated of course).

As a proof to the strength of unhoppable pools when my miner told me there were no hoppable pools (because all pools which can be hopped were on long blocks) I went to a SMPPS pool so I wouldn't be cheated by other hoppers.  Yup even hoppers avoid getting hopped on.  Grin

Now even though i loved being here and did like the concept of mining i have to turn off my machines completely
Even while i think some day bitcoins will get a better value again, for now its absolute insanity to go on
Especially since people like you keep cheating like many others do, it is in my view still stealing you can say whatever you like but in my view if you do this your probably also would do criminal activities in the real world.

For me that is simply out of the question, i simply refuse to be like modern politicians and criminals that is lie and cheat as much as possible to gain as much as possible.

Second reason why i am going to pull the plug is because i simply am loosing tons of money here
I have been running my pc's for some weeks now and when i connected the power meter got a shock
This results in a heavy electric bill which is 0.34 euro cents a kwh in last 4 days i used 83 kwh to get 0.8 btc ....
So simple calculation it costs me 28,22 euro just on electricity to receive 0,81 btc x 3,55 = 2,8755 euro
So in short it costs 10 times more on electricty to mine just that little bit of bitcoins
Since i have nothing to trade this is also no go for me as well, i can't help being poor and being honest.
So for now i really am going to turn my systems off to save a lot of energy, hoping for better times on here in the near future.
Non of the rich guys on bitcoin did make me a donation at all to buy some solar panels to lower my energy bill xD
And honestly probably never will get any donations, since too many just too greedy to help fellow people.

To make long story short i will keep an eye on the forums and for now goodbye
phants

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 04:05:39 PM

http://bitclockers.com/forums/index.php?topic=400.0

Thread on BitClockers forum with a growing list of people who didn't get paid.
Thanks!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 11, 2011, 05:34:56 PM

Now even though i loved being here and did like the concept of mining i have to turn off my machines completely
Even while i think some day bitcoins will get a better value again, for now its absolute insanity to go on
Especially since people like you keep cheating like many others do, it is in my view still stealing you can say whatever you like but in my view if you do this your probably also would do criminal activities in the real world.

Lame personal attacks aside there is a solution.  You have been informed of the solution you chose not to use the solution.

A pool like arsbitcoin pays a fixed amount for every single share regardless of how long or short the block is.  It can't be hopped.  It is 100% fair.  Nobody gets paid more.  Nobody gets paid less.

Still hopping didn't bankrupt you.  E0.34 per kWh is simply impossible to break even.  You used a calculator right?

Top of the line rigs gets 2MH/W.
It takes 6607064156 MH on average to generate one block.  @ 2MH/W that is 917 kWh.

If you are paying E0.34 then thats E312 per block in electrical costs.
To break even (no profit and free hardware) a BTC would need to be worth E313/50 = E6.24.

Why do people fail @ business and them blame everyone else.
If you started a business that sold 5 Euro Bills for 1 Euro you likely would also go out of business.
bronan

Lazy Lurker Reads Alot

View Profile
October 12, 2011, 01:01:50 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2011, 01:20:06 AM by bronan

You have been informed of the solution you chose not to use the solution.
I have looked at that solution and is appealing but for me at the moment not an option

A pool like arsbitcoin pays a fixed amount for every single share regardless of how long or short the block is.  It can't be hopped.  It is 100% fair.  Nobody gets paid more.  Nobody gets paid less.
True but this makes it even harder since the payements are much lower so getting even on these pools will take a lot more power and time. I earned at this pool 0.12 BTC a day..... to compare i made at bitclockers about 0.21 btc

Still hopping didn't bankrupt you.
I think pool hoppng is damaging to bitcoin in general, the ones hopping benefit ofcourse but it discourage others to tip in.

E0.34 per kWh is simply impossible to break even. You used a calculator right?
I am still truggling to get from the electricity companies the real price per kWh. I was under the impression it was E 0.23 but then i got another bill and 5 more later on all different periods and aimed at making it hard to calculate exact what you must pay.

Would you believe me they still not given the real price till today.... so its either E 0.44 or 0.34 but every company i wrote still have not answered the question proper.
They simply refuse to give straight answer... but in coming weeks i should receive the bill over the last year, funny enough even though the woman could see the total she refused to tell me the amount .....
Our country is a tax/governement hell you pay tax over and over again by that i mean they count tax over electra and then add energy tax , then they add transport costs, meter costs, and at the end they let yoy pay another 20% over the total.

Top of the line rigs gets 2MH/W.
It takes 6607064156 MH on average to generate one block.  @ 2MH/W that is 917 kWh.

If you are paying E0.34 then thats E312 per block in electrical costs.
To break even (no profit and free hardware) a BTC would need to be worth E313/50 = E6.24.

I did the maths as well, simple said i do not have a 3x 5970 rig, it would be even very hard to find one at all or they ask very high prices
And even if i would find them i do not have the money, so yes i had some fun doing this but its a very expenssive hobby.

Why do people fail @ business and them blame everyone else. If you started a business that sold 5 Euro Bills for 1 Euro you likely would also go out of business.

First of all when i came into contact with bitcoin it was hovering at $8 untill some people spread fear into the community again by stating that mt.gox takes their bitcoins and more of this bad news. Which made it even fall deeper in short time its like the financial markets one starts yelling and tons of people start selling out.
Now this is a statement about failing business is which i really do not understand nor support, these days its really hard to do a succesfull business. At this moment i would not dare to start one just because you have to compete against the big multinationals ...
Even if you setup something good its darn hard to keep it alive because of taxes and enormous competition from the bigger chains
... every shop owner i know went out of business because the big chains slowly take over.
We all shop at the supermarkets which are probably all owned by the quote 500 people, the small retailers disappear because these giants taking out any and all competition. The only shops who still can stay alive are in the service types (barber, dentist or whatever)
Even farmers flee our country and goto either canada or australia because they simply get nuts of governement rules and taxes

Now you can say you can start a internet business ... lol even a bigger joke..
You can only succeed if you have a new concept or super idea.. if not forget it you simply can not compete with the big ones which are established.
I look every day at a site which sell stuff from bankrupt or ending companies the list is huge and every day growing bigger.
The current neverending profit model economy is just good for the biggest and rich who can afford to loose some.
Another thing which for me made a huge impact is that 12 years ago, i was having a rather good life
I could drive a new car , go on holiday, have some quality time in some nice restaurants, bars and other good things in life. Then we entered the eu.... and since that most of the people i know life to pay the bills ...
Some things got cheap indeed electronic shit enough and cheap as hell but i can not eat that... for instance i saw a watermelon (5 kg) at the grocer costs 24 euro .... thats half the money we have weekly for living left after the major bill get payed.

Yes the energy, water, taxes (demanded by law), insurances (demanded by law), health care (demanded by law) and last but not least our house (1000 euro a month rent cause we earned 2 euro too much for get into the cheap houses) these alone eat nowadays 70 % of our double income and we can do shit about it.
In most cases if you stop paying you get the nice guys at your doorstep and you end up in even bigger problems. And we consider ourselfs normal earning people, these days more and more people end up living under bridges and such or making an end on their lifes just because they can no longer pay the greed from governements, insurance, banks and multi nationals.
On paper the banks, water, energy, insurance companies are private.
But look a bit closer on who owns the most shares you'll see ... in our country most of the time 50% or more is owned by the governements in whatever form...
So yes i try to find a way to increase my income a bit, and since bitcoin is a concept i really like i took a look into it.
The guy who introduced me to bitcoin forgot to mention he does not pay his own electra bills.

All my money which i spend on securing my old days have been stolen by my lovely governement as well, or has been vaporised by the all the fraud and crisis over crisis the failing and greedy bankers which still pay huge bonusses these days. They still live large on our stolen money which they got from again the same governements...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: