Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:25:12 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin Money or Currency  (Read 5702 times)
KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:27:30 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized electronic money. It is something accepted as a medium of exchange or means of payment. So in my opinoin and the way I understand bitcoin it is considered as money or a currency but in an electronic form.
Bitcoin is both money and currency because in case of currency we call Bitcoin as a digital currency and are not physically exist but the digits are highly valuable in the global market of Bitcoin. On the other hand Bitcoin is money and wealth; one can invest in Bitcoin and can constitute huge assets from the profit which is the output of Bitcoin. These are in my opinion both currency and money.
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 10:34:39 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized electronic money. It is something accepted as a medium of exchange or means of payment. So in my opinoin and the way I understand bitcoin it is considered as money or a currency but in an electronic form.
Bitcoin is both money and currency because in case of currency we call Bitcoin as a digital currency and are not physically exist but the digits are highly valuable in the global market of Bitcoin. On the other hand Bitcoin is money and wealth; one can invest in Bitcoin and can constitute huge assets from the profit which is the output of Bitcoin. These are in my opinion both currency and money.
Bitcoin is not a money or a currency for me, because if bitcoin is a currency and a money then we can spend it to the things that we wanted in both real life and online world but we can't because of the high or expensive fee and slow rate of speed for getting a confirmation so for me, it is just an investment or a tool that we could use in order to get some good returns.
nowlscor18

Activity: 282
Merit: 11

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:58:00 AM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

cur·ren·cy read as ˈkərənsē (noun)

-a system of money in general use in a particular country.

So, is bitcoin money or currency?
My friend bitcoin is a currency because we have i a world of crypto and bitcoin is a king of all coins.But we consider also as a money after we converted bitcoin into fiat.

sgenuine

Activity: 854
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:58:01 AM

I would rather agree when bitcoin is said to be a digital asset and also an investment than to say it is a money. very less suitable to be a money because bitcoin is virtual

Yes, Bitcoin is surely an asset, but I would better call it currency than the money. I guess this old video will give you some prompts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH58Ou7KnY8
ucingucingan

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:59:42 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that has a very fluctuating price and very profitable if we can do managerial well on every position taken, but if we can not do it is not impossible we will lose
sigam batat

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 01:13:23 PM

Actually the title is not the bitcoin but the bitcoin currency, in general they are almost the same the same currency but the different bitcoin is used digitally if the common currency in use by some countries is in a form like metal and paper, if in order select choose bitcoin or paper money i prefer bitcoin in because with the bitcoin we will get the paper or metal also.
breathlessz

Activity: 770
Merit: 12

Trphy.io

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:14:19 PM

Bitcoin is a digital currency that has a very fluctuating price and very profitable if we can do managerial well on every position taken, but if we can not do it is not impossible we will lose
Yes, we can take advantage of price fluctuations as a business, by trading digital currency like btc. but to achieve that goal many things we must learn in analyzing prices. i think every trader must have felt defeated, and we must make that defeat to win

ezajavo

Activity: 405
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:22:55 PM

It doesn’t matter if Bitcoin is money or not. What matters is its utility, not its definition. Bitcoin have two main features in common. The first is that they are not issued or regulated by any central bank or single regulatory authority. They are created in accordance with certain computer algorithms and are issued and transferred through a distributed processin, hat's why bitcoin it is special. Because fundamentally different
themughni

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:27:51 PM

mon·ey (noun)

- a current medium of exchange in the form of coins and banknotes; coins and banknotes collectively.
---

the bitcoin is the best digital payment system. so, I think the bitcoin is currency, it is not real money. It is my opinion.
BD Money365
Copper Member

Activity: 262
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2018, 02:28:12 PM

Currency and money are not the same things, they just have many of the same properties.
Both money and currency share many properties: They are both units of account, a medium of accepted exchange and portable.
No currency or money has “intrinsic value”. We all give these things value or assign things value, based on our belief that we can exchange them now and in the future.
Now many people in the whole world belive in bitcoin,so bitcoin money or currency both.
Freddie Aguiluz

Activity: 401
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:41:04 PM

Money is unreal, meaning imaginary, intangible - a concept.

Currency is NOT money, but merely represents money.

Any thing that can be used as a means of payment can be considerd as currency, or as we all know "money". So when bitcoin start to become a currency it is now considered as money.
sampalokmix

Activity: 315

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:01:12 PM

Money is unreal, meaning imaginary, intangible - a concept.

Currency is NOT money, but merely represents money.

I agree with that, basically we can express money through adding the fact tgat we can hold this physically and bring it whenever we wanted but currency occurs when that money was dependent on how the currency performs and I thibk the fact that we cannot hold Bitcoin physically we can that this is a currenxy in which digitally performs and the amount of profit that you will egt will be based upon the Exchange rate of this currency to your local money.

diickydbo

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:41:51 PM

I think bitcoin is more suitable to be currency. Because bitcoin has a variety of functions and functions.
Gandam23

Activity: 424
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:49:49 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

Not an actual money but bitcoin is like a representation of money because you can buy using bitcoin and money is the thing that can be used to buy things. Unlike money, bitcoin is more flexible than money or physical money because you can use it anytime and anywhere just have an internet and a phone not like money that you really need a physical appearance of money before you could purchase an thing.
arctic circle

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:23:13 PM

I think both of this.Bitcoin is a digital currency.its mainly a virtual currency.its can be converted into a currency.its value is real.Bitcoin is decentralized from money.Bitcoin is a asset.it has great future.
LuciferEveningStar

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 08:33:31 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

In my own opinion, bitcoin is a currency and it was a digital currency to be specific and it was just an asset before until people get interested on investing because they believe that there's a bright future for bitcoins and now it is happening, cryptocurrency is being widely used all over the internet.
Kimbohh

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:03:57 PM

Bitcoin is a currency that someday it would become money and sooner or later it could be legalized as our future money. That is my opinion only Smiley
unknown-user

Activity: 445

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:24:33 PM

mon·ey (noun)

---

People use bitcoin as an investment nowadays so I think sometime the reason why bitcoin's price is lower is because it doesn't flow which is it should be. It doesn't flow because it get stuck on investments.

Mazand

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:30:37 PM

Today unfotunately Bitcoin more and more looks like tool of investment. Result of rising high in short period of time. To become a medium payment it must solve several problems, starting from proof-of-work.
Juliedarwin

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 09:50:09 PM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency that can gives a lot of profit to earn and it's circulating from the technology, and it's transferable in cash of money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: