Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:18:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: centralized post of pirate payouts-It is over. Pirate@scammer admits default  (Read 80037 times)
Timbert33

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:32:48 PM

Assumptions and stupidity

You don't know shit so stop talking as if you do.

Stop name calling and think for a second about that return rate. If he had 500k bitcoins, 7% of that is 35K bitcoins ~$350K. Want to explain how he is going to pay that out EVERY WEEK? You're hilariously stupid, or you're just trolling, which is whatever. If you're not trolling, care to justify your position in any way?
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Energizer

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:33:20 PM

I guess Pirate is delaying the pay back to pay back all at once! Probably he has to delay it until he gets ready for buying coins @ extremely low price! I don't think that he is currently trying to buy at lower price, but he is preparing to buy later after paying back!
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:35:15 PM

People from both sides of the ponzi/no ponzi argument seem so convinced of themselves. One only side can be right though. It's hard to believe they're sharing the same reality.
Schroedinger's ponzi?

also to timbert, "OMG I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" is not "damning evidence"

Well, it's impossible to make 7% weekly interest for an extended period, so there's no way he's paying back. If you have some evidence in the history of the world where a business has grown AT LEAST at that rate (it'd have to be higher for him to also profit), then please show me it. This is to the point of fiscal impossibility, and therefore it's pretty damning evidence. I don't think "OMG I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" is a good summation of what I've written so far, but good try buddy.

AND to make it even more obvious, he would have paid back his loan and principal to own that business and make more money for himself if it was real.

Forget about business, any system that grows at 7% per cycle will essentially double every 10 cycles. We've known that to be unsustainable since the days of the grains on wheat on the chessboard... that's why I wonder is there's any evidence for pirate holding 500k BTC beyond him saying so. I find it hard to believe that people would fall for this to the tune of a half million BTC.

Yeah, it's feasible for some illegal businesses in their infancy, but it's not feasible for an extended period, clearly. The 500k BTC wallet was in that thread of the 500 largest BTC holders. It's possible that it did not belong to pirate, though, that may have just been a guess, but it seems to fit together.

It would've been a pretty trivial thing for him to prove he controls that wallet, though. There are several other explanations for a 500k BTC wallet around. I think people believing pirate controls half a million BTC is very much part of his plan... my guess, there aren't 500k BTC worth of stupid  Grin

Valid point. But even if he has only 25K BTC, the interest payments would be pretty astronomical. 1750btc ~ $17,500 a week... lol
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:40:02 PM

Stop name calling and think for a second about that return rate. If he had 500k bitcoins, 7% of that is 35K bitcoins ~$350K. Want to explain how he is going to pay that out EVERY WEEK? You're hilariously stupid, or you're just trolling, which is whatever. If you're not trolling, care to justify your position in any way?

You are assuming a fixed btc/usd ratio. It's not. What if 7% growth in btc translates into -5% change in usd value of the venture?

Right now I don't side with either of the two opinionated groups, and I haven't invested a satoshi with the pirate .

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:40:06 PM

I guess Pirate is delaying the pay back to pay back all at once! Probably he has to delay it until he gets ready for buying coins @ extremely low price! I don't think that he is currently trying to buy at lower price, but he is preparing to buy later after paying back!
lol ur name and punctuation.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:40:17 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2012, 06:59:19 PM by DeathAndTaxes

If he had 500k bitcoins, 7% of that is 35K bitcoins ~$350K. Want to explain how he is going to pay that out EVERY WEEK? You're hilariously stupid, or you're just trolling, which is whatever. If you're not trolling, care to justify your position in any way?

That is the wrong quesiton to ask.  It likely can't be answered and that is what the investors hang their hat onto.  The correct question is WHY?  Why would he keep paying out 7% every week on hundreds of thousands of coins?    

For the sake of argument let say this is a real biz (legit or otherwise) which throws off real profits of >7% per week, and happens to need 500K BTC.  Pirate has a great idea but no money so he does what plenty of other business men do... he borrows.  Implausible but certainly possible.  However he is the one taking the risk (especially if not using an alias, running a ponzi and planning to run off with the coinz).  People losing $5M tend to do implusive things.  So a sane business man taking that kind of risk would want a solid reward.  High risk, high reward and that means a solid cut of the profit.  I doubt his "business" is making 8% gross and he is paying out 7% taking all the risk.  Say he is making 14% gross, needs to borrow 500K and is willing to give away half of that to get the operation off the ground.   A stretch but certainly possible.

So yes a business could be making that kind of profit, and could be paying out massive amounts of interest, and could need 500K BTC BUT:
Nobody, not a criminal, not a scumbag, not a oil tycoon would voluntarily pay 7% interest on a principal he can pay down.
Like any businessman (legit or otherwise) he would plough his portions of the profits into repaying the principal and thus week after week get a larger and larger share of the profits.   At 15% gross, 7% interest in 10 weeks he would have the full 500K (all his profit), 0 BTC in debt, and still have the mythical 15% per week of future profits. Win-win-win.

The only reason to not pay down a multi-million dollar debt with the juice running at 3,400% APR is ___________.

(The "investors" simply never filled in the blank)
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:42:50 PM

If he had 500k bitcoins, 7% of that is 35K bitcoins ~$350K. Want to explain how he is going to pay that out EVERY WEEK? You're hilariously stupid, or you're just trolling, which is whatever. If you're not trolling, care to justify your position in any way?

That is the wrong quesiton to ask.  It likely can't be answered and that is what the investor hang their hat onto.  The right question is WHY?  Why would he pay out 7%?    Let say this is a non-ponzi which profits >7% per week and happens to need 500K BTC.  Pirate has a great idea but no money so he does what plenty of other business men do... he borrows.  Implausible but certainly possible so far.

However he is the one taking the risk, a real risk if he is legit and not using aliases and planning on running off with the money.  People losing $5M tend to do implusive things.  So a sane business man taking that kind of risk would want a lot of profit.  I doubt his "business" is making 8% gross and he is paying out 7%.  Lets say for the sake of argument he is making 15% per week.

Nobody, not a criminal, not a scumbag, not a oil tycoon would voluntarily pay 7% interest on a principal he can pay down.
Like any businessman (legit or otherwise) we would plough those profits into paying down his debt.

The only reason to not pay down your debts when you can and let the 7% interest rack up is ___________.

The "investors" never filled in the blank.

"you aren't paying that shit back"
drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:44:34 PM

I didn't name call, that's just another one of your stupid assumptions, I have no proof either way but i am not the one saying 100% That anything is anything, you are, with no evidence, and then calling it evidence, which is stupidity

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:47:36 PM

I didn't name call, that's just another one of your stupid assumptions, I have no proof either way but i am not the one saying 100% That anything is anything, you are, with no evidence, and then calling it evidence, which is stupidity

You seem to have quite an interesting opinion on what constitutes evidence. The odds are OVERWHELMINGLY in favor of this being a scam. You can cling onto the .1% chance that it's not, if you like.
Piper67
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:48:41 PM

As Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. You also have no evidence that I don't have a dragon... yet the burden of proof is on me to show I do. If I don't show it, I'm lying about having a dragon.
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:50:40 PM

As Carl Sagan used to say, extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence. You also have no evidence that I don't have a dragon... yet the burden of proof is on me to show I do. If I don't show it, I'm lying about having a dragon.
i believe you

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:53:29 PM

My dad receives a check every month from a ponzi he contributed to all of his life, so I know that it is possible to keep paying out on a ponzi scheme.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 06:54:17 PM

maybe pirate is just a really nice guy and he wanted to give away a lot of money.

Cheesy
fcmatt (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:54:41 PM

I am going to need to start a new thread soon for any relevant updates. This is 5 pages already and not relevant.

oh wait... there are no updates or payments from pirate. please continue!
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:55:57 PM

My dad receives a check every month from a ponzi he contributed to all of his life, so I know that it is possible to keep paying out on a ponzi scheme.

Only if you can print more money.  Now if Pirate figured that out and made himself the Federal Reserve of the Bitcoin network, well he deserves my respect.  Smiley
Timbert33

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 06:56:40 PM

If you're talking about social security do me a favor and slap yourself in the head.
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 07:02:12 PM

If you're talking about social security do me a favor and slap yourself in the head.

Well, that is one ponzi scheme that will NEVER fail...

right...Huh

I cannot wait to start receiving my checks in 30 years!

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:06:55 PM

That is the wrong quesiton to ask.  It likely can't be answered and that is what the investors hang their hat onto.  The correct question is WHY?  Why would he keep paying out 7% every week on hundreds of thousands of coins?    

For the sake of argument let say this is a real biz (legit or otherwise) which throws off real profits of >7% per week, and happens to need 500K BTC.  Pirate has a great idea but no money so he does what plenty of other business men do... he borrows.  Implausible but certainly possible.  However he is the one taking the risk (especially if not using an alias, running a ponzi and planning to run off with the coinz).  People losing $5M tend to do implusive things.  So a sane business man taking that kind of risk would want a solid reward.  High risk, high reward and that means a solid cut of the profit.  I doubt his "business" is making 8% gross and he is paying out 7% taking all the risk.  Say he is making 14% gross, needs to borrow 500K and is willing to give away half of that to get the operation off the ground.   A stretch but certainly possible.

So yes a business could be making that kind of profit, and could be paying out massive amounts of interest, and could need 500K BTC BUT:
Like any businessman (legit or otherwise) he would plough his portions of the profits into repaying the principal and thus week after week get a larger and larger share of the profits.   At 15% gross, 7% interest in 10 weeks he would have the full 500K (all his profit), 0 BTC in debt, and still have the mythical 15% per week of future profits. Win-win-win.

The only reason to not pay down a multi-million dollar debt with the juice running at 3,400% APR is ___________.

(The "investors" simply never filled in the blank)

Bingo.

Pay down the debt over time. 10 weeks is nothing. Yes the blank hasn't been filled for the same reason other investors in the past have fell for similar operations many times over...they are focused on the shiny and holy 7% returns.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

drakahn

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:13:05 PM

The 'extraordinary evidence' will be known in a couple of weeks, So unless you have something other than "OMG THERE IS NO PROOFS" I will continue to call it stupid to make accusations with no evidence but a lack of evidence, especially at a point where you can't even claim to be trying to save people from depositing

If you claimed to have a dragon and refused to offer proof, I would think you might have a dragon but it doesn't effect me, even if I did assume you had no dragon, I would see no need to claim that as fact without any evidence of a lack of dragon

If you were claiming to have a dragon in a brand new ecosystem with extremely fast evolution, and the reason you can't show proof yet is because the proof would show people how to make their own dragons which would stop you from running your dragon farm... I would be more inclined to believe you may be telling the truth... And would defend you against people with no evidence saying dragons are impossible.

14ga8dJ6NGpiwQkNTXg7KzwozasfaXNfEU
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 21, 2012, 07:14:56 PM

Well, that is one ponzi scheme that will NEVER fail...

right...Huh

I cannot wait to start receiving my checks in 30 years!

Keep dreaming....they all come to an end...whether by being exposed or hyperinflating the currency into oblivion.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: