Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:13:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BF and BTCT] Gamma SatoshiDICE Pass Through  (Read 34726 times)
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 05:40:54 PM

An Email has been sent out to all the share holders Smiley
Please respond with the exchange off your choice, and guys please bare with me on this one as it may take a bit off time as I am doing all of this manually.
//DeaDTerra
So DeaDTerra, this means the option to exchange the passthrough shares to real S.DICE stock via coinbr.com was silently ignored, without any explanation? You did not even ask me what possible discount/benefits can coinbr provide for the users and just quickly gave in to these who screamed loudest or even offered bribes?
No problem with us, we have no intention to doing business in this typical bitcointalk way. Plus, it leaves us with free hands to provide a plan that will render most of these mpex passthrougs obsolete, should we find out something viable.
Your site is not an exchange but an pass through to MPEX, I am already offering the conversion from GSDPT shares into S.DICE shares. You don't need me to list on your site, for you to take my GSDPT shares and convert them into your own pass through, you could simply accept GSDPT shares and then ask me to convert them into S.DICE shares.
Wow, you took this personal xD, I didn't mean to offend you, I just didn't see our services compatible, but actually as competitors.

Btw, Things will go even slower as I have the winter flue, high fever puking etc.
So I am just going to get some rest for now.
//DeaDTerra

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 06:22:17 PM

It sure is painful to watch how this S.DICE turd slowly melts to a puddle of shit and there is nothing I can do to get out of it... because fkn James can not get his act together fast enough. FUUUUUUCCCCKKK  Cry

James, you owe me 2 ales, not just one,  for all the pain and suffering you have caused me!

I second that!
The sooner I can dump my shares and find out how much of a loss I'm gonna take, the better!
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 07:36:35 PM

What about dividends, will they be added to the balances of the trading site we decide upon?
Dividends will be paid out once all/a big majority of the shares has been claimed.
//DeaDTerra

can you also hold on to my shares for a while to let all this settle?

imho graet knowing ukyo boosts his credibility.

We (BitFunder) do not accept responsibility for anything.
WARNING: Use at your own risk.
hehe, at least honest.
rini17

Activity: 340
Merit: 250

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 09:24:16 PM

Your site is not an exchange but an pass through to MPEX, I am already offering the conversion from GSDPT shares into S.DICE shares. You don't need me to list on your site, for you to take my GSDPT shares and convert them into your own pass through, you could simply accept GSDPT shares and then ask me to convert them into S.DICE shares.
Wow, you took this personal xD, I didn't mean to offend you, I just didn't see our services compatible, but actually as competitors.

Btw, Things will go even slower as I have the winter flue, high fever puking etc.
So I am just going to get some rest for now.
//DeaDTerra
Well then, and how do I "take" or "accept" the GSDPT shares? I will put a message on coinbr "To claim your GSDPT shares to be converted to S.DICE and added to your account, tell so to deadterra" - is that all? How are we going to process such claims? Was just having irc chat with Ukto and it looks there is going to be some mechanism for moving the reinstated GSDPT shares between bitfunder and btct, maybe it can be extended for this use case, too?

With CoinBr account, you buy/sell directly on MPEx, and even get MPEx-signed receipts for all orders. This is something hardly comparable to existing GBLSE/BTCT/Bitfunder passthroughs - perhaps they should call themselves rather funds backed by one MPEx asset, as they trade on separate exchange completely.  

Indeed I can be competitor, as I have said, but I need not to be. CoinBr codebase allows one to create many wonderful things, for example fund managed automatically by bot and it pains me to see such opportunities completely missed and blindly doing the same as before/as everyone else is doing. Of course, I could do it myself, but I don't want to stretch myself too thin, instead focusing on core business.

I don't have very high meaning of passthroughs as they stand currently. Their business model hinges completely upon high barrier of entry to MPEx, they provide no added value in themselves. Plus they add risk in form of another counterparty (passthrough operator plus another exchange - heck, there will be two of them in this case. The more, the merrier, yeah.)

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 09:41:32 PM

An Email has been sent out to all the share holders Smiley
Please respond with the exchange off your choice, and guys please bare with me on this one as it may take a bit off time as I am doing all of this manually.
//DeaDTerra
So DeaDTerra, this means the option to exchange the passthrough shares to real S.DICE stock via coinbr.com was silently ignored, without any explanation? You did not even ask me what possible discount/benefits can coinbr provide for the users and just quickly gave in to these who screamed loudest or even offered bribes?
No problem with us, we have no intention to doing business in this typical bitcointalk way. Plus, it leaves us with free hands to provide a plan that will render most of these mpex passthrougs obsolete, should we find out something viable.

The problem with using coinbr.com is the monthly account fee. For people with small investments, there is no way that they will earn enough to make the fee worthwhile. For people with large investments, it makes more sense to just open an account directly on MPEx.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
rini17

Activity: 340

GO http://bitcointa.lk !!! My new nick: jurov

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2012, 10:22:34 PM

The problem with using coinbr.com is the monthly account fee. For people with small investments, there is no way that they will earn enough to make the fee worthwhile. For people with large investments, it makes more sense to just open an account directly on MPEx.
Already replied to that, no need to derail this thread again. Please discuss coinbr here. In short - starting with 10BTC investment you can consistently get more in dividends from any stock than pay on coinbr fees. Throw in some rudimentary speculation on price movements, you'll improve even more.

CoinBr.com: First online MPEx brokerage launched beta! Easy to use interface and reasonable fees. Charts for MPEx stocks: live.coinbr.com * My Blog *
Ukyo

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 16, 2012, 11:24:06 PM

Was just having irc chat with Ukto and it looks there is going to be some mechanism for moving the reinstated GSDPT shares between bitfunder and btct, maybe it can be extended for this use case, too?

Actually the line was:
[14:25] <Ukto> jurov: actually, he said for now there would be no transfers between

Meaning between the exchanges. The users are claiming the shares to which exchange (btct or BitFunder) to claim the shares to.

I did mention that:
[14:26] <Ukto> it may change at a later time, but shares issued on each are for good
[14:26] <Ukto> this doesnt mean someone else couldnt use my direct trade feature to act as transfer agent between sites either Wink

So if someone really wanted to, they could act as middleman to let people 'trade' their shares between the two exchanges.

Hope this helps! Smiley
burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 12:06:30 AM

Bitfunder needs an WeExchange account if I'm correct, anyone has any experience with them?

Yes, I signed up about 6 months ago and done a few trades. It is run by Graet in Australia and Ukto in the United States. My experience so far has been good - faster bitcoins than MtGox (based in Australia).

Thanx for the info.

It's hard to decide with of the two (BitFunder and BTC-TC) is the best. BitFunder has lower trading fee and BTC-TC has more features and more users I think?

bitcoinbear

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:29:32 AM

Already replied to that, no need to derail this thread again. Please discuss coinbr here. In short - starting with 10BTC investment you can consistently get more in dividends from any stock than pay on coinbr fees. Throw in some rudimentary speculation on price movements, you'll improve even more.

You were the one who brought up coinbr. It is pertinent to this thread, since this asset was specifically designed for those people who wanted to put just a small investment into stoshidice, so many of them will fall into that "under 10btc" category.

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
Ukyo

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:40:35 AM

Bitfunder needs an WeExchange account if I'm correct, anyone has any experience with them?

Yes, I signed up about 6 months ago and done a few trades. It is run by Graet in Australia and Ukto in the United States. My experience so far has been good - faster bitcoins than MtGox (based in Australia).

Thanx for the info.

It's hard to decide with of the two (BitFunder and BTC-TC) is the best. BitFunder has lower trading fee and BTC-TC has more features and more users I think?

Honestly, without being biased, I personally think BTC-TC is great. I have mentioned before I even own a few shares of BTC-Global.  Grin
A lot of hard work has been put into it.

To maintain my persistent standing, BitFunder was created for the community and based on suggestions by community members.
Any features within reason will be considered, and most all have been implemented so far. What features are you thinking of?

All that aside, as for picking, I think it really boils down to people just thinking about what they want to DO with the site.
Some people day trade shares of assets, while others just invest and watch dividends come in.
Once you figure that out, you then have to see which one can better meet the requirements.

You can also try forgetting about what the sites CAN do, and make a list of what you want and expect them to do, and then compare that list to each.
If you do not see things that are on your list, be sure to ask each if they will plan to do them, or currently do.

I think having a choice of 2~5 options, is far better than everyone being stuck with the same one. Not just because of 'what might happen in the future', but because each site (I would expect) would have some fundamental differences of how things should work.

Remember, you are the one using the site. Everything should be easy to follow and understand. Some people like simplified easy to use interfaces, while others want to be able to do everything under the sun. If you feel that one confuses you more, try another, Smiley

Whatever you do, no matter which site you choose, do not forget that they are all supported by the community, and all of them need someone willing to make suggestions, and ask for features! No one promises to do them, but the idea is that if it is reasonable, they will make a best effort at it. Some have their own
reasons in why they do this or that too, and you may or may not agree.

I hope that helps in some way. Good luck!  Cheesy

Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 02:10:43 AM

It sure is painful to watch how this S.DICE turd slowly melts to a puddle of shit and there is nothing I can do to get out of it... because fkn James can not get his act together fast enough. FUUUUUUCCCCKKK  Cry

James, you owe me 2 ales, not just one,  for all the pain and suffering you have caused me!

I second that!
The sooner I can dump my shares and find out how much of a loss I'm gonna take, the better!

You are going to make a profit, and the longer you wait, the bigger the profit.  less than 50k shares of S.DICE left before 2nd tier IPO sells out.
2.5M of the IPO sold in the last 48 hours.
Ukyo

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 02:13:34 AM

I second that!

You are going to make a profit, and the longer you wait, the bigger the profit.  less than 50k shares of S.DICE left before 2nd tier IPO sells out.

Heh, yeah. Take a look at the graph. http://live.coinbr.com/?mpsic=S.DICE. About to see a nice large spike in value. Smiley
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 08:20:55 AM

Lol gotta love this guy's spirits.

I second that!

I'm curious to see who can actually show having bought S.DICE shares and made a loss. The 2mn sold at 32 are gone, the 5mn sold at 34 are gone, lifetime dividends seem to come out about 10% at the end of this month (and that lifetime starts in August) so it'd seem in the best case scenario you're up 2 + 3.4 over 32 = 16.875% and in the worst case scenario you're up about 10%. In either case you stand to pile another 8% or so on top of that if price actually stabilizes at 37 (the new large bid) rather than 34-ish.

On a related note, MPEx investments were so far the only profitable investments in BTC. The only. S.MPOE GLBSE passthrough closed recently for a whopping 1200% ROI over its lifetime (April to October). Since then S.MPOE climbed something like 80%, not counting dividends paid. S.BVPS opened in the 22 - 25 range, spent most of its life around 30-40 and is now trading at 60, with a lot of buyside pressure. That's another triple your money scenario right there (again not counting dividends, which again were about 10% lifetime).

So, yeah. Quite the night-vs-day difference between GLBSE with 30-40 stocks that all lost money, and that all together traded for a few tens of BTCs over a lifetime and that all together were worth some tens of ks and that all together made some hundreds a month on one hand and MPEx with its close to over 1mn BTC market cap, with its > 100k monthly traded volume and whopping thousands of BTCs to be distributed to investors each and every month. Quite the night-vs-day difference.

The funny part is that there still exist retards who can't quite see the peas on their plate. Props to them, I guess.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
bitcoinbear

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:07:33 PM

So, yeah. Quite the night-vs-day difference between GLBSE with 30-40 stocks that all lost money, and that all together traded for a few tens of BTCs over a lifetime and that all together were worth some tens of ks and that all together made some hundreds a month on one hand and MPEx with its close to over 1mn BTC market cap, with its > 100k monthly traded volume and whopping thousands of BTCs to be distributed to investors each and every month. Quite the night-vs-day difference.

Just to nitpick a tad, there were a couple of non-losing assets on GLBSE (like the ones you mentioned, the passthroughs to MPEx). But your overall point is valid, the percentage of losers on GLBSE was high.

burger

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 01:21:40 PM

Thanx for the info.

Honestly, without being biased, I personally think BTC-TC is great. I have mentioned before I even own a few shares of BTC-Global.  Grin
A lot of hard work has been put into it.

To maintain my persistent standing, BitFunder was created for the community and based on suggestions by community members.
Any features within reason will be considered, and most all have been implemented so far. What features are you thinking of?

All that aside, as for picking, I think it really boils down to people just thinking about what they want to DO with the site.
Some people day trade shares of assets, while others just invest and watch dividends come in.
Once you figure that out, you then have to see which one can better meet the requirements.

You can also try forgetting about what the sites CAN do, and make a list of what you want and expect them to do, and then compare that list to each.
If you do not see things that are on your list, be sure to ask each if they will plan to do them, or currently do.

I think having a choice of 2~5 options, is far better than everyone being stuck with the same one. Not just because of 'what might happen in the future', but because each site (I would expect) would have some fundamental differences of how things should work.

Remember, you are the one using the site. Everything should be easy to follow and understand. Some people like simplified easy to use interfaces, while others want to be able to do everything under the sun. If you feel that one confuses you more, try another, Smiley

Whatever you do, no matter which site you choose, do not forget that they are all supported by the community, and all of them need someone willing to make suggestions, and ask for features! No one promises to do them, but the idea is that if it is reasonable, they will make a best effort at it. Some have their own
reasons in why they do this or that too, and you may or may not agree.

I hope that helps in some way. Good luck!  Cheesy

I read this on the BitFunder thread:

Coming Soon:
Trade API + Proper documentation
Direct Trades
User Messaging
Voting System
Additional Graphs

So the features is coming, what I want most is an good API so that app makers for phones/tablets can start building great apps like the GLBSE app for android.

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 02:12:34 PM

Just to nitpick a tad, there were a couple of non-losing assets on GLBSE (like the ones you mentioned, the passthroughs to MPEx). But your overall point is valid, the percentage of losers on GLBSE was high.

MPEX has now 2 stocks that get traded Smiley . Good job ya'll.

"Promoting" your 2 stock wonder, by constantly dissing others, is not how you sell good stuff. This is how you sell crap.
This really good salesman I know, told me that NEVER ever sell your product by talking shit about your competition. Only liars and scumbags do that.
Maybe this is too old-school for you... I do not care.

Look at how btct.co, litecoinglobal.com, bitfunder.com, cryptostocks.com and so on get their clients. Learn something. Evolve, for fuck sake!  Kiss

Cheers!

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 03:06:54 PM

"Promoting" your 2 stock wonder, by constantly dissing others, is not how you sell good stuff. This is how you sell crap.
This really good salesman I know, told me that NEVER ever sell your product by talking shit about your competition. Only liars and scumbags do that.

Look at how btct.co, litecoinglobal.com, bitfunder.com, cryptostocks.com and so on get their clients. Learn something. Evolve, for fuck sake!  Kiss

Cheers!

MPEx market cap over 1mn. Say it out loud a coupla times, then start learning. Like for instance these people quietly are.

I can't actually think of one that did make money, off the top of my head. Which?

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 03:25:33 PM

Nm, smickles had a trade bot.

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
December 17, 2012, 06:19:33 PM

I would appreciate it if you moved this argument somewhere else, it's totally off topic.
Thanks
//DeaDTerra
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
December 21, 2012, 11:44:52 AM

Look at how btct.co, litecoinglobal.com, bitfunder.com, cryptostocks.com and so on get their clients. Learn something. Evolve, for fuck sake!  Kiss

Cheers!

MPEx market cap over 1mn. Say it out loud a coupla times, then start learning. Like for instance these people quietly are.

I can't actually think of one that did make money, off the top of my head. Which?
I like MPEX but I'm going to be losing money unless I put in 100+ bitcoins - even if I put it in satoshidice due to the fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: