Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:15:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BF and BTCT] Gamma SatoshiDICE Pass Through  (Read 34726 times)
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:52:34 AM

not currently, I am only wondering if one of them will go boink because there are much more shares on the other one.

On MPEx there are 10,000,000 shares. All shares on platforms other than MPEx are derivatives of the MPEx shares. There are 674,520 shares issued on bitfunder.

Depending on supply and demand the price of bitfunder shares could go to any number unless there is a way to convert shares from MPEx to bitfunder and vice versa, and I believe DeaDTerra engages in this service regularly according to demand.

As far as we know PT operators are holding at least an equal amount of shares on MPEx to back the number of shares they've issued on other venues. This happens to be the only correct way to handle passthroughs, as nobody is authorized to issue his own S.DICE shares. Investors concerned with any PT or purported PT holdings should solicit proof, which is not hard to do seeing how MPEx issues GPG-signed account statements on demand.

In principle any op that offers to push the shares on MPEx on demand is by this fact proving that he is operating legitimately (as opposed to...hm, fractional reserve brokering, I guess?).

naked shorting
I can defiantly give a MPEX statement of the current holdings in my account no problems Smiley
I am not looking to short any shares and I do trade my shares to MPEX shares if requested.
What's the best and easiest way to prove my holdings?
Just a STAT call to MPEX and then copy paste?
//DeaDTerra
thanks for sheding some light on this.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:53:57 AM

not currently, I am only wondering if one of them will go boink because there are much more shares on the other one.

On MPEx there are 10,000,000 shares. All shares on platforms other than MPEx are derivatives of the MPEx shares. There are 674,520 shares issued on bitfunder.

Depending on supply and demand the price of bitfunder shares could go to any number unless there is a way to convert shares from MPEx to bitfunder and vice versa, and I believe DeaDTerra engages in this service regularly according to demand.

As far as we know PT operators are holding at least an equal amount of shares on MPEx to back the number of shares they've issued on other venues. This happens to be the only correct way to handle passthroughs, as nobody is authorized to issue his own S.DICE shares. Investors concerned with any PT or purported PT holdings should solicit proof, which is not hard to do seeing how MPEx issues GPG-signed account statements on demand.

In principle any op that offers to push the shares on MPEx on demand is by this fact proving that he is operating legitimately (as opposed to...hm, fractional reserve brokering, I guess?).

naked shorting
I can defiantly give a MPEX statement of the current holdings in my account no problems Smiley
I am not looking to short any shares and I do trade my shares to MPEX shares if requested.
What's the best and easiest way to prove my holdings?
Just a STAT call to MPEX and then copy paste?
//DeaDTerra
thanks for sheding some light on this.

I have posted two small walls at 0.0076 for 30000 shares on both BTCT and BF,
As the dividend now has been paid and there's a relatively high support for me to buy into Smiley
So anyone who wants to buy shares can do so now.
//DeaDTerra
Liquid

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 12:02:16 PM

how often is the dividend paid ?

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 12:03:37 PM

The dividend is paid monthly, I pay as soon as I can after Erik pays out the dividend on MPEX Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Liquid

Activity: 826

Crypto Somnium

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 12:26:48 AM

The dividend is paid monthly, I pay as soon as I can after Erik pays out the dividend on MPEX Smiley
//DeaDTerra

Ok thanks

Bitcoin will show the world what hard money really is.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 04:57:51 AM

I got the dividend for https://bitfunder.com/asset/G.SDICE - thank you.

btcash

Activity: 968
Merit: 515

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:19:01 AM

If you want to buy large amount of shares 5k+ then please pm me.
I don't want to keep to large walls up due to the volatility of the market, but if you want to buy large amount of shares it can be fixed Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Do you sell the shares for mpex price or do add 3% like usual?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:39:11 AM

I think that's unrelated.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 02:38:49 PM

Unrelated to what? The topic of this thread is the passthroughs for satoshidice on Bitfunder and BTCT?
I think this is highly related and relevant.
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 02:40:22 PM

If you want to buy large amount of shares 5k+ then please pm me.
I don't want to keep to large walls up due to the volatility of the market, but if you want to buy large amount of shares it can be fixed Smiley
//DeaDTerra
Do you sell the shares for mpex price or do add 3% like usual?
I have been selling where I consider the price stable, right now there's a big wall at 0.0075.
The reason why I am not having a massive wall at the exact MPEX price is because I don't want the risk of a price increase before I can acquire the backing for the shares.
If you want to purchase big amount of shares then PM me and we can fix something Smiley
//DeaDTerra
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 02:58:06 PM

Unrelated to what? The topic of this thread is the passthroughs for satoshidice on Bitfunder and BTCT?

Oh my bad, I somehow read it as BTCT only.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 07:32:20 PM

Just wanted to post here to say that DeaDTerra is helping me out with some decent-sized transactions and he has been very helpful and friendly so far.

Can someone point me to an easy explanation of how to set myself up in WOT so I can start my own rep and help DeaDTerra's with a post?  The website is a little cryptic about how to get yourself listed... unless I missed something.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 07:36:00 PM

Just wanted to post here to say that DeaDTerra is helping me out with some decent-sized transactions and he has been very helpful and friendly so far.

Can someone point me to an easy explanation of how to set myself up in WOT so I can start my own rep and help DeaDTerra's with a post?  The website is a little cryptic about how to get yourself listed... unless I missed something.
The way I did it was to ask nicely in bitcoin-OTC for some help Smiley
I am pretty bad with such things otherwise I would help you.
//DeaDTerra
deadweasel

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 07:49:44 PM

//DeaDTerra

Yes, IRC channel #bitcoin-otc on irc.freenode.net was very helpful for me.  Just got my WoT setup, but now I don't know what to do with -- as it, the only transaction I want to do is buy some SDICE, but I don't know how to use WoT to do so.

I guess I need to go back to #bitcoin-OTC and ask Smiley

DeadTerra, you run a passthrough too, eh?

DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:02:17 PM

//DeaDTerra

Yes, IRC channel #bitcoin-otc on irc.freenode.net was very helpful for me.  Just got my WoT setup, but now I don't know what to do with -- as it, the only transaction I want to do is buy some SDICE, but I don't know how to use WoT to do so.

I guess I need to go back to #bitcoin-OTC and ask Smiley

DeadTerra, you run a passthrough too, eh?
Mine was actually the original pass through Smiley
Done so with both the blessing of Erik Voorhees and Mircea ^^
//DeaDTerra
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:13:07 AM

Please put some more shares up at 0.44 Smiley
Ukyo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:30:51 AM

Please put some more shares up at 0.44 Smiley

He has to wait for Mircea to manually approve a BTC deposit on MPEX.
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:37:53 PM

If you want to purchase shares from the next tranche of 0.0055 BTC per share tomorrow morning please pm me.
I will setup a wall on MPEX and purchase some shares Smiley
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra
DeaDTerra (OP)
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:01:30 PM

Two big walls are now up on both exchanges at 0.0056 BTC each. ( a 0.0001 BTC margin for me in case the purchase fails and I have to buy for more expensive shares).
If your purchase is under 50 BTC please buy on the exchanges as it's to much for me to handle with tons of small purchases.
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra
ThickAsThieves

Activity: 518

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:06:40 PM

Two big walls are now up on both exchanges at 0.0056 BTC each. ( a 0.0001 BTC margin for me in case the purchase fails and I have to buy for more expensive shares).
If your purchase is under 50 BTC please buy on the exchanges as it's to much for me to handle with tons of small purchases.
Best Regards
//DeaDTerra

Got it, thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: