Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:40:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama or Romney ?  (Read 21118 times)
SaintDevil

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:06:57 PM

Voting for Obama.

Mind if I ask why? Especially if you live in a "red" state?

I support his views on how we should plan for the future and now just for now. I like that he supports green energy, woman rights to be equal, end war, free healthcare. I like the idea when I was in Russia I could go see a doctor for free, right now I cannot afford health insurance and I cannot see a doctor.  Undecided
I know some ppl don't like him because they blame him for ruining the economy, but after what has been happening I believe collapse was inevitable.

I do not understand what do you mean by "red" state?

They do use a system like that, thats why they visit certain states only when they campaign. Those states have more potential points so they can win the game.
I guess I mean when you actually go inside and you mark points for each candidate.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
Only if it's legal where you are: Legal Bud
PM if you need to translate to Russian or the other way around.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:08:49 PM

Voting for Obama.

I support his views on how we should plan for the future and now just for now. I like that he supports green energy, woman rights to be equal, end war, free healthcare. I like the idea when I was in Russia I could go see a doctor for free, right now I cannot afford health insurance and I cannot see a doctor.  Undecided
I know some ppl don't like him because they blame him for ruining the economy, but after what has been happening I believe collapse was inevitable.

They do use a system like that, thats why they visit certain states only when they campaign. Those states have more potential points so they can win the game.
I guess I mean when you actually go inside and you mark points for each candidate.
You don't get to see a doctor for free in Russia, you get to see a doctor, and the taxpayers get to foot the bill for you.  If that's the sort of system you want, then vote for it.  It's not the sort of system I want, and I wish the people who like that sort of system would simply move to a country that already has it than ruin one of the few that doesn't.
SaintDevil

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:12:58 PM

You don't get to see a doctor for free in Russia, you get to see a doctor, and the taxpayers get to foot the bill for you.  If that's the sort of system you want, then vote for it.  It's not the sort of system I want, and I wish the people who like that sort of system would simply move to a country that already has it than ruin one of the few that doesn't.

I guess I look at it more in a way of everyone being healthy and that is important. I wish that everyone would be wealthy, happy and healthy. I believe in education, I think you should have a right to learn and make a better of yourself. If we don't care about each other then who will?
I pay taxes and I would like then to pay for my health too and not just for people who are old.

Join pyraming and let someone else host the equipment http://pyramining.com/referral/934khztg6
vampire

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:20:22 PM

I like the idea when I was in Russia I could go see a doctor for free.

Did you actually see any doctor aside from a general practitioner (yxo, гopлo, нoc) in Russia? Seems that you just like the idea, in reality the healthcare in Russia is pretty much non existant.

myrkul

Activity: 532

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 09:24:13 PM

Voting for Obama.

I don't see any proof that he supports any of that. I hear him saying he does, but one of his central campaign promises was that he would shut down Guantanamo Bay. Still running strong. He said he'd bring all the troops home. Still plenty over there, and no plan to change that drastically. As has been pointed out, "free" healthcare, isn't.

The collapse may have been inevitable, but what he did was the equivalent of sitting down in the pilot's chair of a falling airplane, and shoving the stick as far forward as it can go. Nearly everything he did hurt the economy.

Coming from Russia, I can see how that would be confusing. Some political pundit a few years back marked states on a map in red and blue to show their support for one of the two candidates. Red for Republicans, blue for Democrats. It stuck, so now we call states which consistently vote Republican (like Texas) "red" states, and states which consistently vote Democrat (Like California) "blue" states.

Voting Democrat in a red state is effectively a wasted vote, so I was curious as to why you would do such a thing.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:30:26 PM

I guess I look at it more in a way of everyone being healthy and that is important. I wish that everyone would be wealthy, happy and healthy. I believe in education, I think you should have a right to learn and make a better of yourself. If we don't care about each other then who will?
I pay taxes and I would like then to pay for my health too and not just for people who are old.

Don't take this the wrong way but why did you leave Russia? I suspect those reasons and the differences in healthcare are not completely unrelated.

As an immigrant myself, I can say I definitely prefer the freedom and such here (for what it is and for as long as it lasts) compared to where I come from and the difference in healthcare is a small price to pay.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:32:26 PM

Voting Democrat in a red state is effectively a wasted vote, so I was curious as to why you would do such a thing.
Ehhh, voting Democrat in a blue state is effectively a wasted vote as well.  The only states where voting makes a difference is in the "battleground" states.
SaintDevil

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:35:28 PM

I like the idea when I was in Russia I could go see a doctor for free.
Did you actually see any doctor aside from a general practitioner (yxo, гopлo, нoc) in Russia? Seems that you just like the idea, in reality the healthcare in Russia is pretty much non existant.
Yeah I was sick when I was a kid so I had to stay in hospital every year, and that was free.
Of course I also visited clinics that are paid, and met one of the most nicest doctors.

I guess when I phrased free I over exaggerated, Obama system wants to make insurance affordable or actual doctors. Paying $500 just to visit a doctor is way to much, or a decent insurance that is about $250/month. I mean if you have a full-time job with benefits than yes, it's very cheap. I used to have work with benefits, but when you don't.

I don't see any proof that he supports any of that. I hear him saying he does, but one of his central campaign promises was that he would shut down Guantanamo Bay. Still running strong. He said he'd bring all the troops home. Still plenty over there, and no plan to change that drastically. As has been pointed out, "free" healthcare, isn't.

The collapse may have been inevitable, but what he did was the equivalent of sitting down in the pilot's chair of a falling airplane, and shoving the stick as far forward as it can go. Nearly everything he did hurt the economy.

Coming from Russia, I can see how that would be confusing. Some political pundit a few years back marked states on a map in red and blue to show their support for one of the two candidates. Red for Republicans, blue for Democrats. It stuck, so now we call states which consistently vote Republican (like Texas) "red" states, and states which consistently vote Democrat (Like California) "blue" states.

I thought WA was always a blue state. Did I miss out on the news  Shocked
I know that he said things, but some things things takes time. I am pretty sure if any of us would have become a president we would have to go through congress/ or other places like that before we make a change.
Green energy is a big investment I agree, and it will pay off itself in a decade or so. But it is good for us, for environment. Same reason electric cars gaining popularity.

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:35:59 PM

Voting at all is wasted votes, since the only difference between the 2 candidates that will actually be on the ballot is that one is black and one is white. One says he will do idiotic things, the other performs idiotic things. So I suggest writing in votes for Stephen Colbert, at least he is funny when he is at their podium.

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
SaintDevil

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:38:48 PM

Don't take this the wrong way but why did you leave Russia? I suspect those reasons and the differences in healthcare are not completely unrelated.

As an immigrant myself, I can say I definitely prefer the freedom and such here (for what it is and for as long as it lasts) compared to where I come from and the difference in healthcare is a small price to pay.
Because when I was 11 yeard old I was amused by how everything is wonderful in states. Then when I was 17 my mom "forced" me to come here.
Don't take this wrong, I am not saying that I absolutely love how the life is in Russia. There are some things that I miss. I do love living in US and I so used to it, going back would be pointless. You could call it americanized. As sad to say don't even have russian friends.   

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2012, 09:47:06 PM

Ehhh, voting Democrat in a blue state is effectively a wasted vote as well.  The only states where voting makes a difference is in the "battleground" states.

True, but to a lesser degree. After all, those blue states have to stay blue somehow.

To sum-up: (note that the opposites of each statement are also true)
Voting Democrat in a blue state: supporting the status quo.
Voting Democrat in a red state: shouting into the wind.

I thought WA was always a blue state. Did I miss out on the news  Shocked
I know that he said things, but some things things takes time. I am pretty sure if any of us would have become a president we would have to go through congress/ or other places like that before we make a change.
Green energy is a big investment I agree, and it will pay off itself in a decade or so. But it is good for us, for environment. Same reason electric cars gaining popularity.
No, I just didn't know where you were. Wink
For the first two years, he had a Democrat controlled congress. Both houses. He could have put through anything he wanted. The fact that he didn't is what won the republicans back their seats.
I agree that renewable energy sources are important. Throwing good money after bad, however, is stupid. If the gov't wants clean, abundant energy, LFTR is the way to go.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2119

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 09:56:08 PM

Voting Democrat in a blue state: supporting the status quo.

It's even worse than that. By helping make sure it's a landslide in your state, you ensure that the candidate will pay zero attention to your state next time around. If you love your state, try and make it a swing state. Cheesy

Activity: 756

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:00:11 PM

Voting for Obama.

But isn't american voting system is kind of screwed up. They should have a scoring system, where you score every candidate and then the person with most scores win.

instant runoff voting; a lot of us have been talking about that lately

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
SaintDevil

Web Programmer, Gamer

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 10:06:10 PM

Voting for Obama.

But isn't american voting system is kind of screwed up. They should have a scoring system, where you score every candidate and then the person with most scores win.

I was actually thinking range voting.

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 12:44:11 AM

Voting for Obama.

what's range voting?

sorry I'd look it up but busy and want you to tell me hah

myrkul

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 12:49:12 AM

Voting for Obama.

what's range voting?

sorry I'd look it up but busy high and want you to tell me hah

Fixed? Wink

Range voting (also called ratings summation, average voting, cardinal ratings, score voting, 0–99 voting, the score system, or the point system) is a voting method for one-seat elections under which voters score each candidate, the scores are added up, and the candidate with the highest score wins.

A form of range voting was apparently used in some elections in Ancient Sparta by measuring how loudly the crowd shouted for different candidates; rough modern-day equivalents include the use of clapometers in some television shows and the judging processes of some athletic competitions.

Sounds like a fine way to pick a president.

Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 01:08:30 AM

The funny/sad thing is pretty much every other voting system is superior to plurality. I'm a big fan of the Schulze method, but since most people find it confusing I jump on the IRV bandwagon. IRV can fail too (they all can) but not as much as plurality has already failed. Score voting would be a great improvement too.

Part of the reason I'm leaning towards Jill Stein is her clear support of IRV, even though I agree with Gary Johnson on most other issues. IMHO the third party supporters need to stick together long enough to say "we need a better way".

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 04:27:38 AM

haha, score voting written down sounds like instant runoff but with less benefits

firefop

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 11:38:08 PM

Why would you cut taxes for the rich (or punish horribly the middle class) while you are trying to balance the budget.  The only balanced budget in recent memory came from a 39% tax rate for the upper bracket.  It is simple, we have done it before, it WORKS.

Combine the additional revenue with modest across the board cuts including defense and you can get a balanced budget.  Leave student loans as they are, as the rate is ALREADY ABOVE PRIME.  Education is a cost for a functioning society and pays dividends later.  Changes need to be made to how colleges operate and to the very high costs but that is a separate issue.

Here's my # step plan designed to save the US economy.

#1. Freeze all Spending at current level.
#2. Remove Capital Gains tax.
#3. Remove Income Tax & associated employment related taxes.
#4. Install Flat (sales) Tax at 20%. Convert IRS into regulating entity for monitoring, collecting and reporting on income from this new tax.
#5. Open Borders. Remove tarifs.
#6. Wait a month.
#7. Look at the new report from the converted IRS - do the math on deficit new tax income.
#8. Reduce all government spending by the percentage needed to balance the budget + double the cost of interest on the national debt.
#9. Repeat 6-9 until nation is out of debt.

Simple easy and effective. It would take all the downward pressure off the economy. We'd have an initial 30-50% reduction in government spending and the total on collected taxes would rise to make up the lost income in under 2 years... aided by all the former illegals now paying sales taxes and the massive growth the economy would under go by making it much cheaper to employ someone.
And as soon as that happened then we can start growing entitlement programs and spending in all areas to consume the surplus. Being happy with a 10 or 20 or 50 year plan to pay off the debt.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 11:54:25 PM
Last edit: November 01, 2012, 12:07:25 AM by Lethn

That's all you've got? Here's what I'd do

1. Default on the debt ( There's no way it's going to be paid back so don't even bother trying because that will just lengthen the depression )

2. Make it illegal for any government employee to borrow in the taxpayers name, no more borrowing at the expense of others or to get re-elected

3. introduce laws removing any restrictions on competing currencies

4. Make one self-defense law stating "If you are attacked then you have a right to defend yourself as long as you do not kill the attacker or attackers"

5. 5% flat tax rate to take care of the genuinely helpless who can't fend for themselves

6. Arrest all known board members of the Federal Reserve and shut the place down

7. Almost forgot, legalise prostitution and all drugs, for prostitution though I would make it so that pimping wouldn't be allowed to prevent the women in that situation being abused

As for Romney and Obama, they are both the same to me, nothing more than Imperialists wearing different symbols, they both want to expand the empire and they both support the military industrial complex.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: