Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:37:54 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL fucked us over again (redux)  (Read 100083 times)
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 02:23:00 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 02:47:28 AM by Xian01

TL;DR: BFL: "Oh yeah, well, we want to countersue the FTC !" Judge: "Uhh, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. And here's why..."

http://ia802308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.docket.html

http://ia902308.us.archive.org/32/items/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531/gov.uscourts.mowd.117531.332.0.pdf

Case 4:14-cv-00815-BCW Document 332 Filed 06/15/15 Page 1 of 6

ORDER

Before the Court is Plaintiff’s Motion to Dismiss Counterclaims (Doc. #272). Plaintiff contends this Court lacks subject-matter jurisdiction over Defendant BF Labs Inc.’s (“BFL’s”) counterclaims for wrongful injunction and defamation based on sovereign immunity. After reviewing the premises of the motion, the record, and the applicable law, the Court grants the motion and dismisses both counterclaims without prejudice.
Based on the allegations in BFL’s wrongful injunction counterclaim, the Court finds that the claim is not a contract claim. Rather, it is a tort claim and is similar to a claim for malicious prosecution or abuse of process. See Apply Knowledge, No. 2:14-CV-00088 at Doc. #211 at 2 (concluding that “[t]he Sonnenberg Companies’ wrongful injunction claim against the FTC does not sound in contract; it sounds in tort, resembling a claim for malicious prosecution or wrongful use of civil proceedings”). The Court therefore does not transfer this case under 28 U.S.C. § 1631. The Court, however, expresses no opinion on the viability of any such claim, and this order should not be construed as preventing BFL from bringing a claim against Plaintiff in the Court of Federal Claims under the Tucker Act. Accordingly, it is hereby

ORDERED FTC’s Motion to Dismiss Counterclaims (Doc. #272) is GRANTED. BF Labs Inc.’s counterclaims are DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE for lack of subject-matter jurisdiction.
IT IS SO ORDERED. DATE: June 15, 2015
/s/Brian C. Wimes
JUDGE BRIAN C. WIMES
UNITED STATES DISTRICT JUDGE
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:06:51 AM

Malicious Prosecution.

I recall that Josh ears perked up when I mentioned that to someone else a long time ago.
I wonder if Ms. Wong schooled him on the meaning of these words today. I should do a parody on his post.

Reply to this post, let us change the thread name:

Re: BFL [got] fucked over again (redux)

Leeroy Jenkins (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:07:52 AM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 07:28:17 PM by leeroyjenkins

Title of the thread changed to "bfl / bf labs / butterfly labs is FUCKED over again"

h/t to Puerto that we're moving away from us getting fucked since FTC is in full swing and to maximize SEO juice

Edit: I have about-faced the title change, because BFL is still around fucking people over.

Federal Trade Commission vs Butterfly Labs

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:58:17 PM

Unless you wanna believe that a mod just happened to wonder into this thread and found it prudent to deleted a few posts, I contend that Mother Cunt over at BFL had a say in having said humorous posts deleted.

No problem! I'll simply start a thread in Off-topic making sure to used Jody Drake's full name, linking to it from this post (once penned), giving such that much more SEO juice.

Brilliant move, Jody. Did you learn how to fight fire with oil while sucking dick when serving in the US Army?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 05:12:21 PM

FWIW: Posts in this thread younger than 48 hours are NOT being index by the search engines even though other threads in this section having a greater post count get indexed immediately if not within a few hours.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JofTP2JJW80J:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Faction%3Dprofile%3Bu%3D349097%3Bsa%3DshowPosts+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

How is it that my post history (example above depicting Jody Drake's wide-open mouth) was indexed by Google, but threads pertaining to BFL - who've paid mega bucks to this forum - over the past couple years, at least, weren't, and still aren't, indexed as timely as other posts/threads, mostly mundane in nature, got (and getting) indexed virtually immediately?

This post is now relevant because it fits the title of this thread: BFL fucked us over again (redux).
fabiola!

Activity: 714
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:07:07 PM

last thing they told me is there are over 600 people before me in the refunds' queue..... mmm.... still waiting though...

.....queue elevator music....

Undecided
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:09:30 PM

last thing they told me is there are over 600 people before me in the refunds' queue..... mmm.... still waiting though...

Undecided

If that's the case, then Jody would have no problem with showing that queue list to the judge... unless she passed said queue list to some essential employee to have it burned outside in a burn barrel while Dave McClain performed cartwheels during some night shift session.

#AskLEO (actually, I didn't need to include the hashtag on this post  Grin Grin Grin)
Leeroy Jenkins (OP)

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:22:32 PM

Undecided

They've been stuck at August 6 2014 for more than a month now: https://support.butterflylabs.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/31/0/what-is-the-current-status-of-the-refund-queue

And now they have this lovely excuse

Currently, the company has very little money. We are trying to survive and generate enough revenue to pay refunds to all of our amazing and wonderful customers who have been waiting such a long time. We cannot apologize enough for the delays you have experienced. And we cannot emphasize enough how much we want to send your refunds.

In an effort to survive longer, the company has laid off all employees (including managers and executives). The employees who are still working are doing so without a guarantee that they will be paid. Because of our small staff, we sincerely apologize if we are unable to respond to your emails, tickets and voicemails quickly during this time.

We will notify you by email when your refund has been sent to the destination you have specified. We hope that we will have the opportunity to contact you soon.

As always, we thank you for your tremendous patience.

We are still, currently, refunding requests made on August 6th, 2014.

LOL at "amazing and wonderful customers". How wonderful and amazing was it when you denied them their rightful refunds? "All sales final" my ass.

Made ya look. ; )

brush242 ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=199652 ) aka TheBitcoinimist aka Rush Reid aka Ken Hunlenton aka Steve Reid aka perfectlycromulentword aka Stephen Mark Reid says: "BFL is fucked" READ THE EARTH-SHATTERING COMMENTARY AT >>>> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150803.msg9614841#msg9614841 <<<<
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:33:18 PM

Undecided

They've been stuck at August 6 2014 for more than a month now: https://support.butterflylabs.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/31/0/what-is-the-current-status-of-the-refund-queue

Currently, the company has very little money. We are trying to survive and generate enough revenue to pay refunds to all of our amazing and wonderful customers who have been waiting such a long time. We cannot apologize enough for the delays you have experienced. And we cannot emphasize enough how much we want to send your refunds.

In an effort to survive longer, the company has laid off all employees (including managers and executives). The employees who are still working are doing so without a guarantee that they will be paid. Because of our small staff, we sincerely apologize if we are unable to respond to your emails, tickets and voicemails quickly during this time.

We will notify you by email when your refund has been sent to the destination you have specified. We hope that we will have the opportunity to contact you soon.

LOL at "amazing and wonderful customers". How wonderful and amazing was it when you denied them their rightful refunds? "All sales final" my ass.

I know I feel "amazing and wonderful".  Hell .... that shit just splashes off of me :-D

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
MonumentalAsshole

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:34:42 PM

Undecided

If that's the case, then Jody would have no problem with showing that queue list to the judge... unless she passed said queue list to some essential employee to have it burned outside in a burn barrel while Dave McClain performed cartwheels during some night shift session.

#AskLEO (actually, I didn't need to include the hashtag on this post  Grin Grin Grin)

Maybe mods do not know who Darla Jo Drake is. Should we remind them that she is the General Manager of the company who stole millions in customer funds?

#ASKFBI #ASKLEO
Leeroy Jenkins (OP)

Mmmh mhmhh mmmm.

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 07:36:11 PM

FWIW: Posts in this thread younger than 48 hours are NOT being index by the search engines even though other threads in this section having a greater post count get indexed immediately if not within a few hours.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:JofTP2JJW80J:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php%3Faction%3Dprofile%3Bu%3D349097%3Bsa%3DshowPosts+&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

How is it that my post history (example above depicting Jody Drake's wide-open mouth) was indexed by Google, but threads pertaining to BFL - who've paid mega bucks to this forum - over the past couple years, at least, weren't, and still aren't, indexed as timely as other posts/threads, mostly mundane in nature, got (and getting) indexed virtually immediately?

This post is now relevant because it fits the title of this thread: BFL fucked us over again (redux).

Well, if you ask me, there is a strong conflict of interest here. As much as I'm all in on default trust, I respect the old saw "trust no one" especially when Jeff Ownby pointed out to the buttcoin guys that he was successful in manipulating bitcointalk by paying them hundreds of dollars worth of bitcoin a month.

And who would fail to recognize Jody's face properly distended by that golden staff she adores so much? Why would that shit be reported? It's all on topic here. Who's anonymously reporting posts? Are they affiliated with BFL?

Made ya look. ; )

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:31:11 PM

Undecided

Wouldn't it be ironic to learnt that BFL's most essential employee is collecting unemployment while working for free under the guise of "it's just a hobby"?

These fuckers shouldn't be allowed to procreate in the true sense of the word given they've been fuckin' their fellow man (at least one cockroach literally) as long as the internet can remember.

Don't worry, though, for soon the biggest decision that Sonny Vleisides will have to make in his life is what color toothbrush he should pack for his next probation hearing. And, he best be awash in Old Spice to throw off the scent the judge'll be trackin'.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:37:46 PM

Well, if you ask me, there is a strong conflict of interest here. As much as I'm all in on default trust, I respect the old saw "trust no one" especially when Jeff Ownby pointed out to the buttcoin guys that he was successful in manipulating bitcointalk by paying them hundreds of dollars worth of bitcoin a month.

And who would fail to recognize Jody's face properly distended by that golden staff she adores so much? Why would that shit be reported? It's all on topic here. Who's anonymously reporting posts? Are they affiliated with BFL?

Well, whoever the fucktard was that reported posts depicting Jody Drake awaiting some Bubba had their efforts backfire on them, for the episode pasted over 24 hours ago with ONLY 2 posts depicting the image, but now that count has, and will continue to surpass that milestone due to now the discussion being centered around its depletion and this thread not being properly indexed.

Jody Drake: When do I get my brain?
God: In about two weeks. There's 600 more worthy souls in front of you in the queue. I cannot apologize enough for the delays you have experienced.
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 10:46:10 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Well, whoever the fucktard was that reported posts depicting Jody Drake awaiting some Bubba had their efforts backfire on them, for the episode pasted over 24 hours ago with ONLY 2 posts depicting the image, but now that count has, and will continue to surpass that milestone due to now the discussion being centered around its depletion and this thread not being properly indexed.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 11:10:56 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

"Seriously! I mean, SERIOUSLY!!!
Drake Doll... All the way!"
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:02:52 AM

I haven't seen a dime from them, just empty words.  They owe me well over 8K with nothing to show for it.  Scam!!!

Call Helen Wong and Sonny's probation officer, especially the latter. The probation officer is in place to make sure that the public is safe from Sonny ripping off more people like the tens of millions of dollars he stole and used for his personal affairs garnered from mostly the elderly here in the US.
Got an office or phone number we can call?

Helen Wong, DC Bar # 997800
Federal Trade Commission600
Pennsylvania Ave., N.W.Mail Stop CC-10232
Washington, D.C. 20580
202-326-3779 (Wong)202-326-3216
Facsimile: 202-326-3768
hwong@ftc.gov

U.S. Probation Officer Courtney N. Pierce
Probation and Pretrial Services Office
Charles Evan Whittaker Courthouse
400 East 9th Street
Kansas City, MO 64106
Phone: (816) 512-5000

Call Ms Pierce tomorrow and she'll immediately call Sonny, whereupon Sonny WILL lie to her explaining how either he already paid you or he's doing such as they speak. If neither, Sonny can explain to the judge where that smell stems from, with it most likely coming from the shit in Sonny's underwear.

#AskLEO
PuertoLibre
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:18:33 AM

This post is a product of my opinion on this matter:

PuertoLibre uses a decoder ring to decode this into:

Currently, the company has very little of your money. We are trying to survive. We need to generate enough revenue to pay refunds to all of our amazing and wonderful customers who have been waiting such a incredibly long time.

We cannot apologize.  
We cannot emphasize enough how much we want your refunds otherwise we would sent every penny immediately regardless of the consequences of our very own questionable and perhaps illegal practices.

In an effort to survive longer, the company has laid off all employees (including managers and executives). The employees who are still working are doing so without a guarantee that they will be paid. Because of our small staff, we found a sincere sounding reason for why we are unable to respond to your emails, tickets and voicemails quickly or at all during this time.

We will notify you by email when your refund has been sent to the destination you have specified. This we write with laughter in our hearts. We hope that we will have the opportunity to contact you "soon" or in Two Weeks®, whichever is sooner.

As always, we thank you for your bhudda like patience.

We are still, currently, de-prioritizing refunding requests made on August 6th, 2014. We are excluding of course any monies paid to our employees during our crooked business practices. So if you see Josh moving around 500 or more bitcoins while reading BitcoinTalk.org, these are not yours, these are his. We will therefore not honor your refunds from these funds until we have paid our lawyers to defend us from you, our customer. Thanks for your understanding.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:35:52 AM

This post is a product of my opinion on this matter:

PuertoLibre uses a decoder ring to decode this into:

Currently, the company has very little of your money. We are trying to survive. We need to generate enough revenue to pay refunds to all of our amazing and wonderful customers who have been waiting such a incredibly long time.

We cannot apologize.  
We cannot emphasize enough how much we want your refunds otherwise we would sent every penny immediately regardless of the consequences of our very own questionable and perhaps illegal practices.

In an effort to survive longer, the company has laid off all employees (including managers and executives). The employees who are still working are doing so without a guarantee that they will be paid. Because of our small staff, we found a sincere sounding reason for why we are unable to respond to your emails, tickets and voicemails quickly or at all during this time.

We will notify you by email when your refund has been sent to the destination you have specified. This we write with laughter in our hearts. We hope that we will have the opportunity to contact you "soon" or in Two Weeks®, whichever is sooner.

As always, we thank you for your bhudda like patience.

We are still, currently, de-prioritizing refunding requests made on August 6th, 2014. We are excluding of course any monies paid to our employees during our crooked business practices. So if you see Josh moving around 500 or more bitcoins while reading BitcoinTalk.org, these are not yours, these are his. We will therefore not honor your refunds from these funds until we have paid our lawyers to defend us from you, our customer. Thanks for your understanding.

ROFLMMFAO!!! BFL paying their lawyers in full. Give me a break. The only lawyer getting anything near to what they've or 'll bill is Sonny Vleisides' lawyer in TRYIN' to keep his scammy ass outta prison.

SOON, the BTC-House WILL be on the auction block according to my...

"Thank you, Josh, for investing in Pirate's "This is not a Ponzi" Ponzi Scheme. Soon, you'll own your dream BTC-House."

#AskLEO
sbogovac
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1192

I don't believe in denial.

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:08:24 AM

Title of the thread changed to "bfl / bf labs / butterfly labs is FUCKED over again"

h/t to Puerto that we're moving away from us getting fucked since FTC is in full swing and to maximize SEO juice

Edit: I have about-faced the title change, because BFL is still around fucking people over.

So... The title of the topic is back to "BFL fucked us over again (redux)"...

0x7442A5c37E513D335F53843cD20c00F77eAC7867
MonumentalAsshole

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 02:24:34 PM

So... The title of the topic is back to "BFL fucked us over again (redux)"...

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: