Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 06:01:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HaoBTC, mining dividend paid out hourly  (Read 56754 times)
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:56:19 AM

I thought I have made this clear already - It is NOT that we don't want 3rd-party scrutiny. It is that we don't have that option. To be a little blunt, I don't know any insurance company, Chinese or foreign, that want to insure for a BTC mine and for a reasonable cost.
If anyone think I don't like the idea, they are barking at the wrong tree.
I for instance championed the idea of a BTC central bank that conducts irregular audits and reinforce best practice behaviors. The article is still online and with lots of angry comments, calling me statist and etc.
HaoBTC is not my own company. Getting anything done requires persuasion and consensus seeking. HaoBTC is a business, if I propose a project involving money spending, there is personal risk - what if the company pays a lot of money and users don't grow and the money gets wasted?
If you want that to happen, a more constructive way would be find out which insurer offer this kind of service and what are their rates, etc.

My response was to Monbux (hence why I quoted him). I have read what you said about the insurance -- it doesn't make things any better, Smiley.

I do think, however, that maybe having a third party do a proof of liabilities check would be good.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
BabelFish

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:54:20 AM

I have just experienced a problem sending 50 BTC from my account. The account says the funds were sent, but blockchain says there is no transaction. Please fix the problem ASAP. Funds are missing when I need them.
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:57:44 AM

I have just experienced a problem sending 50 BTC from my account. The account says the funds were sent, but blockchain says there is no transaction. Please fix the problem ASAP. Funds are missing when I need them.

Its a common issue when using external wallets like from an exchange for example. You wont be able to see the transaction on blockchain until it hits 1 confirmation. Had been experiencing this for the past few days.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 12:28:26 PM

Its a common issue when using external wallets like from an exchange for example. You wont be able to see the transaction on blockchain until it hits 1 confirmation. Had been experiencing this for the past few days.

Weird... I've never had this issue. And even when withdrawing from HaoBTC, it showed up instantly.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 01:27:37 PM

Weird... I've never had this issue. And even when withdrawing from HaoBTC, it showed up instantly.

Not too sure mate, i thought it was due to the blockchain malleability attacks
Eric Mu (OP)

Activity: 471
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 02:11:21 PM

Would help a lot if you can send a screenshot to support@haobtc.com.
BabelFish

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:22:29 PM

Issue was resolved, thanks.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 08:56:28 PM

eric, i sent you a few pictures & msg's via wechat regarding my issue. i hope it can be resolved asap.

i don't mean to say or mean anything -ve but so far my experiences are ok with haobtc despite some minor hiccups in the beginning.

basically i have made a deposit as usual to my account but it says cancel (in red) but then shortly it says finish (in green, over 217 confirmations now) as usual & transaction record (bottom of wallet page) updates my final balance but on top of wallet page bitcoin balance wasn't updated for the last 20 hours as of this posting.

as a security precaution, i have made a full withdrawal for time being till the issue is resolved. the full withdrawal went smooth. just the deposit i made did not show up in my Bitcoin balance & the lost of interest over 20 hrs or so & the deposited BTC is NOT in my account & in the withdrawal that I just made.

please refer to the snapshots i have sent to you via wechat & hope to hear from you soon.
blop

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:55:10 PM

A suggestion: One way to check HaoBTC Kangding farm's real-time hashrate:
BTCKan is a fairly popular Chinese BTC portal probably mostly known for its popular BTC price charting and news aggregation app. One feature that is often overlooked is that the site also allows users to check the real-time hashrate of some large miners including us.
Here is how:
1. Go to: http://btckan.com/miner
2. Click "Hash rate publicity"
https://i.imgur.com/fmCztJx.png
This is what you will get: The total hashrate, daily mining dividends - 87.6173 as of the time of writing and whatnot
https://i.imgur.com/AalXDje.png
Note that the hashrate fluctuate slightly with time and sometimes we do have to turn off the switch for maintenance - don't panic when the number is zero.

Eric, it looks like two of your facilities have been offline for a while (HAOBTC康定A4 and haobtc康定S5).  Is everything alright?
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:39:57 AM

BTCKan is a fairly popular Chinese BTC portal probably mostly known for its popular BTC price charting and news aggregation app. One feature that is often overlooked is that the site also allows users to check the real-time hashrate of some large miners including us.
Here is how:

This is what you will get: The total hashrate, daily mining dividends - 87.6173 as of the time of writing and whatnot

Note that the hashrate fluctuate slightly with time and sometimes we do have to turn off the switch for maintenance - don't panic when the number is zero.

Eric, it looks like two of your facilities have been offline for a while (HAOBTC康定A4 and haobtc康定S5).  Is everything alright?

Might be routine maintenance or transformer failure - I will ask my colleague there to make sure. The hashrate may drop at some point as we plan to sell a bunch of miners to make room for the new ones that we have already paid for.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:56:47 AM

eric, i sent you a few pictures & msg's via wechat regarding my issue. i hope it can be resolved asap.

i don't mean to say or mean anything -ve but so far my experiences are ok with haobtc despite some minor hiccups in the beginning.

basically i have made a deposit as usual to my account but it says cancel (in red) but then shortly it says finish (in green, over 217 confirmations now) as usual & transaction record (bottom of wallet page) updates my final balance but on top of wallet page bitcoin balance wasn't updated for the last 20 hours as of this posting.

as a security precaution, i have made a full withdrawal for time being till the issue is resolved. the full withdrawal went smooth. just the deposit i made did not show up in my Bitcoin balance & the lost of interest over 20 hrs or so & the deposited BTC is NOT in my account & in the withdrawal that I just made.

please refer to the snapshots i have sent to you via wechat & hope to hear from you soon.

Just talked with my colleague and told me that he would look into it.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 02:29:49 AM
Last edit: October 26, 2015, 06:47:44 AM by eric@haobtc

Hi yslyung,

Your deposit of was correctly added to your balance and the number of BTC correctly reflected your balance. The deposit was initially erroneously double counted due to a malleability attack but the system recognized the error and deducted the double-counted amount. If you look at the account, you may see there are two identical deposits - one is real, the other is not.

Eric

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:03:39 AM

The hashrate may drop at some point as we plan to sell a bunch of miners to make room for the new ones that we have already paid for.
Oh, very exciting!  What gear are you bringing online?  You have been very successful so far using "older" gear that others have sold off, so I was wondering if this is new new gear, meaning more efficiency, or more previous generation gear?

Hi yslyung,

Your deposit of -----...BTC was added to your balance and the ------ BTC correctly reflected your balance.

Should you really be publishing user's balances and transaction details in a public forum?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 05:13:28 AM

Here is how:

Eric, it looks like two of your facilities have been offline for a while (HAOBTC康定A4 and haobtc康定S5).  Is everything alright?

Might be routine maintenance or transformer failure - I will ask my colleague there to make sure. The hashrate may drop at some point as we plan to sell a bunch of miners to make room for the new ones that we have already paid for.

I wasn't even aware we can check HaoBTC's daily earnings. This transparency is HUGE to me and makes me feel a lot better about trusting the site, Smiley. Now you just need to get an affiliate system back up (I sent affiliates and it sucks to get nothing even though originally we were supposed to).

Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 06:59:22 AM

The hashrate may drop at some point as we plan to sell a bunch of miners to make room for the new ones that we have already paid for.
Oh, very exciting!  What gear are you bringing online?  You have been very successful so far using "older" gear that others have sold off, so I was wondering if this is new new gear, meaning more efficiency, or more previous generation gear?

Hi yslyung,

Your deposit of -----...BTC was added to your balance and the ------ BTC correctly reflected your balance.

Should you really be publishing user's balances and transaction details in a public forum?

That was ill-considered. Removed.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 08:06:02 AM

Oh, very exciting!  What gear are you bringing online?  You have been very successful so far using "older" gear that others have sold off, so I was wondering if this is new new gear, meaning more efficiency, or more previous generation gear?

Hi yslyung,

Thanks for that. And yeah, definitely shouldn't post user balances without their consent (huge privacy violation).

CoinNation

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 12:52:46 PM

Nice to know that you can check the hash rate of HaoBTC farms. Very transparent.
yslyung
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1002

Mine Mine Mine

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 01:19:35 PM

Oh, very exciting!  What gear are you bringing online?  You have been very successful so far using "older" gear that others have sold off, so I was wondering if this is new new gear, meaning more efficiency, or more previous generation gear?

Hi yslyung,

Thanks for that. And yeah, definitely shouldn't post user balances without their consent (huge privacy violation).

hi guys, thx for keeping an eye out & yes that's why i did not post any numbers or too much details here but i did mention/provide more details in pm + wechat to eric.

I made the statement in my post :

"as a security precaution, i have made a full withdrawal for time being till the issue is resolved. the full withdrawal went smooth. just the deposit i made did not show up in my Bitcoin balance & the lost of interest over 20 hrs or so & the deposited BTC is NOT in my account & in the withdrawal that I just made.

please refer to the snapshots i have sent to you via wechat & hope to hear from you soon."

Now not only security worries, PRIVACY too. I don't mean to be a PITA but this is a big no no for posting balances or details of account in a open public forum. Maybe haobtc is too transparent ?

Now even more confidence is lost with haobtc. I had lots fo confidence even at the very beginning but now my mind has changed.
Eric Mu (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 11:54:34 PM

Hi yslyung,

hi guys, thx for keeping an eye out & yes that's why i did not post any numbers or too much details here but i did mention/provide more details in pm + wechat to eric.

"as a security precaution, i have made a full withdrawal for time being till the issue is resolved. the full withdrawal went smooth. just the deposit i made did not show up in my Bitcoin balance & the lost of interest over 20 hrs or so & the deposited BTC is NOT in my account & in the withdrawal that I just made.

please refer to the snapshots i have sent to you via wechat & hope to hear from you soon."

Now not only security worries, PRIVACY too. I don't mean to be a PITA but this is a big no no for posting balances or details of account in a open public forum. Maybe haobtc is too transparent ?

Now even more confidence is lost with haobtc. I had lots fo confidence even at the very beginning but now my mind has changed.

Apologies for not seeking your consent publishing those numbers, i did spend a moment considering if it was appropriate but since they were no longer current by the time I posted them, i though they would be of no to little consequence.
In my defense, I may have a slightly different notion of piracy with some of you - for instance, in the past I posted screenshots of my account details onto my Twitter account, and in this particular case, since a user was suggesting that the service was at fault for not showing the correct balance, I felt compelled to defend the reputation of our service to avoid more people to panic and might have been a bit too eager.
HaoBTC has paid out 500BTC in interest since its launch and nobody lost money with us. Of late, we have seen strong growth in users, while that is good for the company, for me personally, the amount of emails I need to respond exponentiates, meaning the time I can spend on an individual case is less. Also, I may not check this thread as regularly as before, but that doesn't mean we are running away with your money.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 12:01:52 AM

Hi yslyung,

Apologies for not seeking your consent publishing those numbers, i did spend a moment considering if it was appropriate but since they were no longer current by the time I posted them, i though they would be of no to little consequence.
In my defense, I may have a slightly different notion of piracy with some of you - for instance, in the past I posted screenshots of my account details onto my Twitter account, and in this particular case, since a user was suggesting that the service was at fault for not showing the correct balance, I felt compelled to defend the reputation of our service to avoid more people to panic and might have been a bit too eager.
HaoBTC has paid out 500BTC in interest since its launch and nobody lost money with us. Of late, we have seen strong growth in users, while that is good for the company, for me personally, the amount of emails I need to respond exponentiates, meaning the time I can spend on an individual case is less. Also, I may not check this thread as regularly as before, but that doesn't mean we are running away with your money.

Even if it's not current, it still gives an idea of liquid net worth. Not good in the crypto world.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 »
  Print  

Jump to: