Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 05:12:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Beta][Seedbox] Free "cloud" seedbox  (Read 7407 times)
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 13, 2015, 10:30:23 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2015, 04:03:18 PM by MonkeyCoin11

Hello guys,
bad news here, we got alot of email about copyright infragment these last days.
These letters plus a strange attack that cause our log very huge is too much for us.
We did not want that our users got problems, because all of you agree the ToS and the ToS said you were responsible.
All these copyrights infragments were could lead to problems for users, so we decided to close the website with my friend, nobody will have problem.

We are sorry and we are very sad about that, I loved code this website and see it grow in only one week we was near 1k of users without any press article.

I expect nobody will be angry against us, I am still open for question.

R.I.P. Bananas Sad
Hello guys,
I'm the webmaster of Bananaseet.net, a website which is online since yesterday.
It's a new seedbox with a brand new conception.
It's a seedbox with a cloud aspect, we split all the downloads/seeds on different servers depending on their load instead of assignate a user to a server.

We need you to first test the plateform in beta test.

We are purposing a Seedbox with a free offer. We have a lot to offer to everyone, even to the people who are not used to use a seedbox and in exchange we just demand that you report bugs if you have some.

We download torrents via our servers which has a great speed. Free your connexion and  do something else why you downloads your torrents.

You can launch the downloads wherever you are and whenever you want.

We do a Beta-test period while we offer the service for free and we will always keep a free offer.

In a second time, we would like to give the possibility to watch a stream of your torrent online.

Your help is precious for us !

https://bananaseed.net/

Sorry for my english. Peace and love the bananas !

If you want to follow us and get the last news we have a Facebook fan page and a Twitter
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 12:17:59 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2015, 12:34:28 PM by mishax1

Oh, first of all best of luck to you!  

And thank you for the offer, I will be testing it and try to report anything out of the order.

Which bittorrent client do you use ?

*It looks great and simple to use, I like it! It would help a lot of newbie non-tecky users to start seeding from private torrents that require you to keep your ratio positive. I would recommend it!   (tho most of the seeder would miss all the controls and rss filters to run their torrents automatically).

where would you like to get the minor\major issues reported ?
freemind1
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

MonkeyCoin11 thanks, I'll try it and you commented that such works, if i see i report an error. Good luck with your project.
acktron

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:58:05 PM

I'll give this a go. I can always use a good seedbox  Wink
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2015, 05:33:48 PM

It has been a while since I last used a seedbox, but I'll give it a try and let you know if there are any questions Smiley

Once the site goes "live", do you plan to accept BTC payments for the non-free offer?

Or will it always be free?
siameze
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:51:56 PM

Very generous of you to offer this seedbox. I will browse around this afternoon as time permits.

▀▀█████████▀████████████████▄
                        ████▄      ▄████████████████
                     ▄██████▀  ▄  ███████████████████
                  ▄█████████▄████▄███████████████████
                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
                                               ▀▀███▀
    ▄█▀█       ▄▀  ▄▀▀█  ▄▀   █████████████████▄ ██▀         ▄▀█
   ▄█ ▄▀      ▀█▀ █▀ █▀ ▀█▀  ███████████████████ █▀ ▀▀      ▄▀▄▀
  ▄█    ▄███  █     █   █   ████████████████████  ▄█     ▄▀▀██▀ ▄███
███▄▄▄  █▄▄▄ █▄▄ ▄▄▀   █▄▄ ██████████████████▀▀   █▄▄ ▄▄ █▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄
                           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                            ▀▀█████████████▄
                                █████████████▄
                                  █████████████▄
                                    ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀
                                      ▀████▀
                                        ▀█▀
LetItRideINNOVATIVE ▬▬▬
DICE GAME
                        ▄███████████▄
                       ██  ██████████▄
                     ▄█████████████  ██▄
            ▄▄▀█▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████▄
        ▄▄█▀   ███████████  █████  ████  █
    ▄██████ ▄▄███████████████████████████▀
 ▄▀▀ ██████████████████████████  ████  █
█  ▄███████████▀▀▀█████████████████████
██████████████    ████████▀▀██████  █▀
██████████████▄▄▄██████████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▀ ▀██████████████████████
██    ███████████████████████
██▄▄██████████████████████████
██████████████▀   ██████████
  █████████████   ▄██████▀▀
     ▀▀██████████████▀▀
         ▀▀██████▀▀
PROVABLY
F A I R
▄█████████████▀ ▄█
██            ▄█▀
██          ▄██ ▄█
██ ▄█▄    ▄███  ██
██ ▀███▄ ▄███   ██
██  ▀███████    ██
██    █████     ██
██     ███      ██
██      ▀       ██
██              ██
▀████████████████▀
BUY  BACK
PLANS
[BTC]
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:12:38 PM

Oh, first of all best of luck to you!  

And thank you for the offer, I will be testing it and try to report anything out of the order.

Which bittorrent client do you use ?

*It looks great and simple to use, I like it! It would help a lot of newbie non-tecky users to start seeding from private torrents that require you to keep your ratio positive. I would recommend it!   (tho most of the seeder would miss all the controls and rss filters to run their torrents automatically).

where would you like to get the minor\major issues reported ?
Hello,
Thank you for your reply.
We are using transmission in backend.

Yes recommend it ! We love guys who share Wink

You can report bug/issues in the support ticket, here or by e-mail Smiley

MonkeyCoin11 thanks, I'll try it and you commented that such works, if i see i report an error. Good luck with your project.
Thank you Smiley

I'll give this a go. I can always use a good seedbox  Wink

Ok thank you Smiley tell us what you think ! Smiley

It has been a while since I last used a seedbox, but I'll give it a try and let you know if there are any questions Smiley

Once the site goes "live", do you plan to accept BTC payments for the non-free offer?

Or will it always be free?
Hello,
Feel free to ask all question you want Smiley

Yes, of course we will accept BTC ! And LTC also probably Smiley

We will have always a free offer

Very generous of you to offer this seedbox. I will browse around this afternoon as time permits.
Ok thank you Smiley
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 11:33:19 PM

Well, what can i say ? Site looks very good, will test it out !

PS : tested it a little, dl speed was ok for a free seedbox, the highest i got was 7MB/s

Good job !
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:09:51 AM

Well, what can i say ? Site looks very good, will test it out !

PS : tested it a little, dl speed was ok for a free seedbox, the highest i got was 7MB/s

Good job !
Hello,
Thank you for your review Smiley
We will try to keep a good speed Smiley
yampi

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 12:11:06 AM

I'll gladly test your free service  Grin
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2015, 05:46:47 AM

Speeds are excellent so far ! really pleased with that.

But correct me if I'm wrong, the torrents download, but do not seed automatically? Or did I miss a setting? Smiley
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 06:46:07 AM

But correct me if I'm wrong, the torrents download, but do not seed automatically? Or did I miss a setting? Smiley

They do not seed automatically, you need to do that manually, I believe they should add an option to turn seeding on automatically or just a check box for each torrent, that would be great.

I see MonkeyCoin11 already added "Ratio" info, was looking for that, nice!

MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:02:58 AM

I'll gladly test your free service  Grin
And we will glad to have your feedback as soon as you have one Grin do not forget to report issues if you found some of them Smiley .

Thank you about speed, it's one of our important feature Smiley

No the torrent does not enter in seed automatically, we are thinking about it, but we are not sure to put this option because some people try the seedbox only once and then leave their torrent there, we are a bit scary about "oh i am gonna try to seed 5 torrents and go away" and then this guy does never come back. If you see what I mean ^^
But it's not impossible that we add the option, as I said, we are thinking about it Smiley .

They do not seed automatically, you need to do that manually, I believe they should add an option to turn seeding on automatically or just a check box for each torrent, that would be great.

As I said to jdebunt we are thinking about it, but not sure to implement this feature for free users because we are a bit scary of people that will let their torrents there and never come back.

Yes we already add the ratio, I expect it will work well.
mishax1
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 07:51:06 AM

As I said to jdebunt we are thinking about it, but not sure to implement this feature for free users because we are a bit scary of people that will let their torrents there and never come back.

In this case, a 30-90 days free period should be enforced. a lifetime free offer will hurt your business anyway.

Also, a facebook integration(login?) can be implemented to avoid multiple accounts for users exploiting the free offer.. some people love the easy login with facebook while avoiding generating a new account\password for every single service on the net.
dquancey

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:28:14 AM

Brilliant gesture and good luck on your new venture.

I'll be signing up and testing later. Also passed the link onto a few people to test for you also  Wink
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:23:07 AM

In this case, a 30-90 days free period should be enforced. a lifetime free offer will hurt your business anyway.

Also, a facebook integration(login?) can be implemented to avoid multiple accounts for users exploiting the free offer.. some people love the easy login with facebook while avoiding generating a new account\password for every single service on the net.

Hello,
We really want to keep a free offer and we gonna keep it, we just have to find a way to do it well we think. It's not our first project and we know we can.

The facebook login is a good idea but i think people don't like so much when they have their real name sync with a torrent website, but i can be wrong, we will add it probably but later because we have alot of other suggestions to complete Smiley

Brilliant gesture and good luck on your new venture.

I'll be signing up and testing later. Also passed the link onto a few people to test for you also  Wink
Thank you Smiley

Oh yes share please Smiley we love share Cheesy
rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 02:20:53 PM

Im very happy with this product, one question tho, how can u keep such service free ?  Grin
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 02:37:10 PM

Im very happy with this product, one question tho, how can u keep such service free ?  Grin
We are using power of love... And we sell all accounts informations to third company we also sell passwords because they are stored in clear in our database Tongue
No I am laughing Cheesy
In fact the big question is, how a seedbox company can't have free offer ?
The answer is most of them don't have any experience in programming or system administration. They install rtorrent on their server and sold space, there is no load balancing or what ever.
So they can't offer free offer because they don't want to pay server for it.

In BananaSeed we have anough experience to program our own system and load balance on our servers, we do not have "one server with 10 users", we have servers with "x upload max slot, x download max slot", all torrents are reparted on servers depending on their load at the time you add one.
With this strategy we can keep a free service, but we will add premium offer of course.
If you think it's strange, ask your self how Dropbox can offer free space even at his begining Smiley

If you have any questions, feel free Smiley
Jeremycoin
Legendary

Activity: 1022

𝓗𝓞𝓓𝓛

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 02:55:40 PM

I've just registered to the site, but I haven't received the mail for confirm my account.

faucet used to be profitable
MonkeyCoin11 (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 03:01:19 PM

I've just registered to the site, but I haven't received the mail for confirm my account.
Hello,
send me an email at contact@bananaseed.net and i will send you your activation link Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: