Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:28:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70802 times)
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 05:17:27 PM

Any news regarding this? AFAIK no government has build a BTC ATM for their BTC user in their country yet. Any BTC ATM that you have seen or read isnt from the government

P.S : I could be wrong on this

Nope there are no more news from him that claim their government already build one ATM in their mall and he posted the picture of their bitcoin ATM too but I can't find his thread anymore now. I remembered as well that he told us that their government build that ATM for people that are using bitcoin. I can't be wrong about this thread. This is one of what I can found https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=157940.0
jayce
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 1506

Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 05:25:53 PM

I think the word "support" is difference with "legalize". If government legalized something, it doesn't mean that government support it. If the government really support bitcoin, so I think they will introduce it and build facilities for bitcoin to their people. I never heard a government do that before. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Indeed it is different but you should note that you are getting the wrong idea there. Government support and create FIAT but do they build bank ? YES to get a profit from FIAT. With BTC you will never getting the same treatment because BTC isnt a centralized currency which is issued by a country, it is uncorrelated with any authority at all therefore getting legalized is actually a huge stepstone for BTC already

So I can say that govenment never want to support it since it can't be controlled by them. They just let people using it, but won't take any responsibility if their people get scammed or hacked on their wallet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1414

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 06:33:06 PM

I think the word "support" is difference with "legalize". If government legalized something, it doesn't mean that government support it. If the government really support bitcoin, so I think they will introduce it and build facilities for bitcoin to their people. I never heard a government do that before. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Indeed it is different but you should note that you are getting the wrong idea there. Government support and create FIAT but do they build bank ? YES to get a profit from FIAT. With BTC you will never getting the same treatment because BTC isnt a centralized currency which is issued by a country, it is uncorrelated with any authority at all therefore getting legalized is actually a huge stepstone for BTC already

So I can say that govenment never want to support it since it can't be controlled by them. They just let people using it, but won't take any responsibility if their people get scammed or hacked on their wallet.

You are getting the wrong idea again. Basically this is a grey area to talk about, in which case support will be mean to legalize is and not support will mean to make it illegal , depends on what your perception is.
It is in the nature of BTC to be decentralized currency and therefore you are responsible for your own lost also that dont get the wrong idea that if you lost something that is regulated then the government will be responsible for it because robbery happens atleast 100 times a day and none of it is the responsibility of government although they own FIAT

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 07:04:22 PM

You are getting the wrong idea again. Basically this is a grey area to talk about, in which case support will be mean to legalize is and not support will mean to make it illegal , depends on what your perception is.

Let me share you this
sup·port
səˈpôrt/
verb
verb: support; 3rd person present: supports; past tense: supported; past participle: supported; gerund or present participle: supporting

1. bear all or part of the weight of; hold up.
    "the dome was supported by a hundred white columns"
    synonyms:   hold up, bear, carry, prop up, keep up, brace, shore up, underpin, buttress, reinforce, undergird
    "a roof supported by pillars"
        produce enough food and water for; be capable of sustaining.
        "the land had lost its capacity to support life"
        be capable of fulfilling (a role) adequately.
        "tutors gain practical experience that helps them support their tutoring role"
        endure; tolerate.
        "at work during the day I could support the grief"
 2. give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act.
    "the government gives $2.5 billion a year to support the activities of the voluntary sector"
    synonyms:   help, aid, assist; More

You said on your post that some government support bitcoin, and I have searched the meaning of "support". Look at point 2, support is "give assistance to, especially financially; enable to function or act". I never heard about government did that.

It is in the nature of BTC to be decentralized currency and therefore you are responsible for your own lost also that dont get the wrong idea that if you lost something that is regulated then the government will be responsible for it because robbery happens atleast 100 times a day and none of it is the responsibility of government although they own FIAT

If you lost your fiat, you can report it to police. Who did create the police? I think its government. Maybe not of all robbery can be handled by them, but atleast they still try to solve that, because its their task.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2015, 07:29:44 PM

-snip-

Im pretty much aware of the words " support" and you should read before posting. I've stated before (below) and it is pointless to argue on a grey area , much like arguing is GOD exist or not which is a grey area as well.

Basically this is a grey area to talk about, in which case support will be mean to legalize is and not support will mean to make it illegal , depends on what your perception is.

Also your own post killed your argument (bolded and resized them even colored them red just so you are aware that there are 2 meanings there ). The words enable to function which means in this case the government allowed BTC to function as it is (a currency) therefore your post actually just supported my argument that some government support BTC

If you lost your fiat, you can report it to police.

What for? so you could get it back ? I wouldnt need any government nor police If I could secure my BTC properly which alot of people couldnt. Also a hacking attempt is considered as a cyber crime therefore it can be reported as well ( not sure about this)

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 01:00:07 AM

bitcoin was created for there is no inverention from third side in this situation is goverment and bank so i think goverment just adopted bitcoins technology and make  their own, i imagine there is no fiat anymore and money has converted to cryptocurency and each country have their own.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:38:01 AM

bitcoin was created for there is no inverention from third side in this situation is goverment and bank so i think goverment just adopted bitcoins technology and make  their own, i imagine there is no fiat anymore and money has converted to cryptocurency and each country have their own.
yes i also though that, but its take a long time to do that because some country loved their own currency because they follow or they want to live the culture, or they respect what their forefather invented or what their used before them.
jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 06:43:13 AM

Im pretty much aware of the words " support" and you should read before posting. I've stated before (below) and it is pointless to argue on a grey area , much like arguing is GOD exist or not which is a grey area as well.

Its okay, since I got meaning of word "support" from the dictionary.

Also your own post killed your argument (bolded and resized them even colored them red just so you are aware that there are 2 meanings there ). The words enable to function which means in this case the government allowed BTC to function as it is (a currency) therefore your post actually just supported my argument that some government support BTC

So, do you think government is the one that allowed bitcoin to function as a currency? Come on, without permission of government, bitcoin can function by itself. I think you need to admit, that you meant is legalize, not support. I give you a example with marijuana case. In some countries, the government legalized marijuana, not supported it. Could you get the difference between legalize and support? Have you heard about government made a farm of marijuana to their people or made marijuana related food manufacturers? I think no, because the government just legalized it with some of law, they don't support it.

If you lost your fiat, you can report it to police.
What for? so you could get it back ? I wouldnt need any government nor police If I could secure my BTC properly which alot of people couldnt. Also a hacking attempt is considered as a cyber crime therefore it can be reported as well ( not sure about this)

allright, I advice you to improve your security system, if you have plenty bucks there. Nowadays the hackers are smarter and I think you have ever heard about Sony Pictures hacking.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 08:05:11 AM

Lets get back to square one shall we? First of all I just revised about the words "SUPPORT" . I dont know where did you get that quote about the words SUPPORT from but I will give this link for you to revised your post (again bolded, resized and colored them red)

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/support

Quote from: oxford_dictionaries
2.2 Give approval, comfort, or encouragement to:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/approval

1. The action of approving something

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/legalize

Make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law

Short words : Support = giving approval = legalize , No?

So back to square one, support could mean making some legal which in this case would be the same case as legalize.

Dont get yourself under delusion that the words "support" BTC means that government need to build something for BTC because this is not the same case as what your thought is . This is not a playground about bashing through each sentences from dictionary anyway

tl;dr : No one will be bother to legalize it if they dont support it ( references on the words support at the above dictionaries post). Whats the point of it anyway

I think you need to admit, that you meant is legalize, not support.

You should learn English because you are keep on getting delusion about the words SUPPORT means that the goverment must do something for BTC while on the other hands you are neglecting the other meaning of it (read my post thoroughly)  Wink

Nowadays the hackers are smarter and I think you have ever heard about Sony Pictures hacking.
[/quote]

I hate to say this but you should also learn about BTC , dont compare BTC with some dust security there . BTC is much better in every aspect especially in term of security. Also it is not wise to compare those thing because they are not relevant to each another.

P.S : Bitcoin wiki will be the best place for you to start

P.S 2 : Im not a fan of ditching or despise the government although I am a fan of BTC security. If you are more into ditching or despise the government then you should lurk around this board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0. Most poster there do despise goverment alot

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
dblink

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:39:11 AM

Do you mean there are banks that already use the blockchain technology in production environment? If so, can you point to some articles or press releases which state this? I know only from some banks researching on blockchain technology (e.g. UBS).

So far none of the bank accepted the blockchain technology in the production environment except for the purpose of Research & Development.
"The Wall Street Journal has reported that Swiss banking giant UBS have now publicly stated their plans to open a technology lab in London to explore block chain technology and applicable usage in financial services. More banks are dipping their feet in the proverbial waters of the cryptocurrency sector"

jayce
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 10:45:54 AM

Lets get back to square one shall we? First of all I just revised about the words "SUPPORT" . I dont know where did you get that quote about the words SUPPORT from but I will give this link for you to revised your post (again bolded, resized and colored them red)

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/support

2.2 Give approval, comfort, or encouragement to:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/approval

1. The action of approving something

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/legalize

Make (something that was previously illegal) permissible by law

Short words : Support = giving approval = legalize , No?

So back to square one, support could mean making some legal which in this case would be the same case as legalize.

Dont get yourself under delusion that the words "support" BTC means that government need to build something for BTC because this is not the same case as what your thought is . This is not a playground about bashing through each sentences from dictionary anyway

tl;dr : No one will be bother to legalize it if they dont support it ( references on the words support at the above dictionaries post). Whats the point of it anyway

I will appreciate your hardwork to search what you think is right on your way. Since you got that from oxford dictionaries, I can't say any words again  Grin

I think you need to admit, that you meant is legalize, not support.

You should learn English because you are keep on getting delusion about the words SUPPORT means that the goverment must do something for BTC while on the other hands you are neglecting the other meaning of it (read my post thoroughly)  Wink

It's not depend on English, have you heard about synonym? It's depend on our understanding about a word that has many meaning. Anyway, thanks, I will improve my English, since I'm not a native English speaker.

Nowadays the hackers are smarter and I think you have ever heard about Sony Pictures hacking.

I hate to say this but you should also learn about BTC , dont compare BTC with some dust security there . BTC is much better in every aspect especially in term of security. Also it is not wise to compare those thing because they are not relevant to each another.

P.S : Bitcoin wiki will be the best place for you to start

P.S 2 : Im not a fan of ditching or despise the government although I am a fan of BTC security. If you are more into ditching or despise the government then you should lurk around this board https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=1.0. Most poster there do despise goverment alot

You said like crimes never happened before in bitcoin world LOL. My advice is, don't underestimate hackers  Wink  It would be embarrassing if that really be happened to you.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 11:27:16 AM

Do you mean there are banks that already use the blockchain technology in production environment? If so, can you point to some articles or press releases which state this? I know only from some banks researching on blockchain technology (e.g. UBS).

So far none of the bank accepted the blockchain technology in the production environment except for the purpose of Research & Development.
"The Wall Street Journal has reported that Swiss banking giant UBS have now publicly stated their plans to open a technology lab in London to explore block chain technology and applicable usage in financial services. More banks are dipping their feet in the proverbial waters of the cryptocurrency sector"

There are thread that said some banks want to implement blockchain technology into their banking system. But I dont know whether it is for sure or not because there are no continous news and I can't find that thread anymore so I guess it wont have been implemented until now
Erdogan
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:02:40 PM

in my opinion government slowly will welcome for bitcoin as one of their economy base.

What makes you feel that? The last thing bitcoin needs is government regulation because it will affect system functioning of bitcoin. Welcoming it would be nice, fucking with it? Probably not.

If there is no regulation I doubt it will ever reach mainstream status. As long as there are ways to stay anonymous and the privacy of Bitcoin which currently is pretty poor improves in the future, those that want to circumvent regulations will be able to if they want to risk it.

When there is no regulation, the market actors will learn what is risky and what is less risky. It is playing out as we speak, and I love it. Regulators trying to take away risk, destroy capitalism and it only leads to turbulence.
Dotakels

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 03:57:13 PM

in my opinion government slowly will welcome for bitcoin as one of their economy base.

What makes you feel that? The last thing bitcoin needs is government regulation because it will affect system functioning of bitcoin. Welcoming it would be nice, fucking with it? Probably not.

If there is no regulation I doubt it will ever reach mainstream status. As long as there are ways to stay anonymous and the privacy of Bitcoin which currently is pretty poor improves in the future, those that want to circumvent regulations will be able to if they want to risk it.

When there is no regulation, the market actors will learn what is risky and what is less risky. It is playing out as we speak, and I love it. Regulators trying to take away risk, destroy capitalism and it only leads to turbulence.

We all know that every things have a risk or responsibility that you should take over or solved it. If they are trying to take away it i think theres a time that they will stop ignoring it and they probably solve it.
arallmuus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

-snip-

I will appreciate your hardwork to search what you think is right on your way. Since you got that from oxford dictionaries, I can't say any words again  Grin

Thanks !

Anyway, thanks, I will improve my English, since I'm not a native English speaker

You are fine, alot are worse

-snip-

depend on our understanding 

The bolded part, thats what I have been constantly telling you because that you are keep getting a misunderstanding that government that support BTC should contribute something for the community but the fact is that they dont need to. Infact by legalizing BTC than is a significant contribution for BTC already.

I wonder how will this play out if there is some regulations for it. If the regulations will be to provide some verification data to reduce the risk of it it will be against the principle of BTC since it is in the nature of BTC to be pseudo-anonymous,

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 06:49:54 PM

There are thread that said some banks want to implement blockchain technology into their banking system. But I dont know whether it is for sure or not because there are no continous news and I can't find that thread anymore so I guess it wont have been implemented until now

The banks have been showing interest in Bitcoin for a while, but they still haven't figured out how it fully works, otherwise they wouldn't be constantly separating the blockchain from bitcoin every single time. The people that write those news are even more clueless, so what you end up is with a piece of news that is giving the impresion to clueless readers that Bitcoin is some geeky internet crap while the blockchain is awesome. Thats were we are today. There should be a good video explaining why this is wrong and make it go viral so this current stupid notion gets erased from the collective thought.
dollarneed

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 10:26:23 PM

Bitcoin has surged in value and popularity recently as it has come to be embraced by more users across the world.  In a world of government fiat currencies, Bitcoin is an admirable innovation. and i believe the goverment will adopted it
BTCevo
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 10:27:21 AM

The banks have been showing interest in Bitcoin for a while, but they still haven't figured out how it fully works, otherwise they wouldn't be constantly separating the blockchain from bitcoin every single time. The people that write those news are even more clueless, so what you end up is with a piece of news that is giving the impresion to clueless readers that Bitcoin is some geeky internet crap while the blockchain is awesome. Thats were we are today. There should be a good video explaining why this is wrong and make it go viral so this current stupid notion gets erased from the collective thought.

How are they going to seperate blockchain from bitcoin itself? Because what you said is making no sense at all and still you judge people clueless. You didnt have any good reason too though which is based on nothing too
Dotakels

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:29:16 PM

How are they going to seperate blockchain from bitcoin itself? Because what you said is making no sense at all and still you judge people clueless. You didnt have any good reason too though which is based on nothing too
Yes bitcoin and blockchain are one because bitcoin is the system how to transact easily and the blockchain is the list of every individual transaction that people can saw .
Anirban Sarkar

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 12:43:15 PM

hmm....in this growing world bitcoin would be uses to pay taxes..Huh?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: