Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70802 times)
jkrules

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 06:11:44 PM

Some had quoted if bitcoins were adopted by government the corruption decreases. Its not fair bitcoin will reduce corruption. It increases the ease of getting corrupted.
It can be used to reduce corruption BUT if it changes the regulation, for example if one person can own only one address since by bitcoin all transactions are traceable. However this way bitcoin concept will change.

Governments of all countries are not same and when we talk or think about the government the first thing comes to our mind is the corruption. Most of the government employees are involved in scams or corrupted activities so it becomes difficult for a ordinary person to trust them.

when it comes to bitcoin I don't think that corrupted government will come in support of bitcoin.
diegz

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:39:46 PM

Well as of this time I haven't heard that our government has mention bitcoins in their offices. I really hope that they will not think that bitcoin in some point is gonna be bad in the economic status of the country. But there are a lot people here who are aware and part of bitcoin, yet no negative thoughts about it..

In where we live, government has an idea about bitcoin, as there are exchanges who of course get their business permit..I think government is not yet reacting on bitcoin existence , it is because even its people lacks knowledge about bitcoin, and perhaps the reason is that ISP's sucks, and people would prioritize their daily living than buying a computer..

richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 03:18:14 PM

Governments like regulating stuff, They don't like keeping things working as they do and prefer putting additional restrictions over everything, That's the main problem countries like China and Russia don't like about bitcoin IMO, it's open source and world wide uncontrollable nature.
jack1111

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:25:42 PM

I think the blockchain and bitcoin technology can affect in financial system of any country , because they can't control by it , so for that governments fight against bitcoin .
Mr. Big
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1176

While my guitar gently weeps!!!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:41:37 AM

Governments like regulating stuff, They don't like keeping things working as they do and prefer putting additional restrictions over everything, That's the main problem countries like China and Russia don't like about bitcoin IMO, it's open source and world wide uncontrollable nature.

Yeah that's right, probably government knows how bitcoin works and they know that its hard to have control on it...Probably if they come up to a solution on how to regulate bitcoin then probably tax would  be imposed..But so far now, bitcoin is far from being controlled by the government..
trenchflaint

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 06:48:47 AM

I think the blockchain and bitcoin technology can affect in financial system of any country , because they can't control by it , so for that governments fight against bitcoin .

The financial stability of a country can really be hurt if all people in a certain country is using bitcoin,the government wont allow that to happen when they see that bitcoin is hurting them.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:18:42 AM

there is one reason why they want tor egulate it, to have their cut on the profit, basically they want their taxes at all cost

the government is a giant legal scam, so the term "regulate" is just a way to say "we want your money"...
romero121
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1213

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 07:26:38 AM

Bitcoin and its technology won't interfere in the country's economy. Bitcoin is just a currency that is gonna get used equal to local currencies.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
xht

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

hey you, yeah you, fuck you!!!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 09:41:05 AM

As long many companies would accept bitcoin, i think government can't stop the adoption of bitcoin. i'm sure they're going to realize of the benefits from bitcoin.

jkrules

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:09:51 AM

As long many companies would accept bitcoin, i think government can't stop the adoption of bitcoin. i'm sure they're going to realize of the benefits from bitcoin.

Don't expect government to be so generous to the country. They are busy in making their own money and buying their own bread n butter. government will never support the bitcoin as a currency as they know it can be end of corruption if they adopts bitcoin
alisafidel58

Activity: 364
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:16:44 AM

Don't expect government to be so generous to the country. They are busy in making their own money and buying their own bread n butter. government will never support the bitcoin as a currency as they know it can be end of corruption if they adopts bitcoin

Bitcoin wont really get any support from the government unless the government can make profit from all bitcoin transaction that is coming in and out of their country.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:40:56 AM

On the other hand the governments will have hard times to make people not using Bitcoin.
They can spread as much FUD they want and ban it officially.If Bitcoin keeps on going to be useful and will have advantages in ways governments money can not compete people will use it no matter what.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:49:49 AM

Where do you come from? Maybe you should set up a local Bitcoin foundation and make more marketing when corruption is that widespread.

In my country Government and bitcoin are like two sides of a coin, as I don't see that Government in my country will ever stand by bitcoin as it will end of all their corrupted activities if bitcoin gets on mainstream.

In where I live, bitcoin is not growing very fast, and probably government is not yet interested in it..I don't think that it will end the corruption in the government when bitcoin if bitcoin is been adopted
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:57:02 AM

Bitcoin and its technology won't interfere in the country's economy. Bitcoin is just a currency that is gonna get used equal to local currencies.

it depends. nowadays everything becomes more and more digital. if at some point even in the less wealthy countries the way people do payments becomes more digital, then bitcoin can definitely shake up the economy there. especially because governments and banks can't do anything to control bitcoin. that's their main worry.
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:32:21 AM

it depends. nowadays everything becomes more and more digital. if at some point even in the less wealthy countries the way people do payments becomes more digital, then bitcoin can definitely shake up the economy there. especially because governments and banks can't do anything to control bitcoin. that's their main worry.

Well if the government cant control their people to stop bitcoin then we might see some sort of mandatory inspection from the government as they can profit from people who are using it.
rio3233

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:51:23 AM

I think if government accepted bitcoin in that country, i'm sure bitcoin will more popular and some people will start using bitcoin for pay or buy something. And of course it will make bitcoin price increase.
vendetahome

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:58:53 AM

Well to be honest you should do with it whatever you want though it would definitely be a good idea to buy a house with your bitcoins

If I had enough bitcoins to buy a house after a huge growth I would definitely do that as it would make me a lot of money and I wouldn't have anywhere where to put it
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 03:13:02 AM

I think if government accepted bitcoin in that country, i'm sure bitcoin will more popular and some people will start using bitcoin for pay or buy something. And of course it will make bitcoin price increase.

No country will officially accept the bitcoin usage. The major reason behind it was the reduction in use of their own national currency which makes their economy down.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
aardvark15

Activity: 1008
Merit: 510

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:37:21 PM

As long as countries allow bitcoin to be used by merchants or to transfer or store money, then I think bitcoin will be fine.  So far that's basically what's happening in a lot of countries.  Bitcoin just needs to be more well known so more people will use it.
armansolis593

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 12:49:46 PM

As long as countries allow bitcoin to be used by merchants or to transfer or store money, then I think bitcoin will be fine.  So far that's basically what's happening in a lot of countries.  Bitcoin just needs to be more well known so more people will use it.

Bitcoin is free to use right now without the consent of the government,but sooner or later the government will do something about the bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: