Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:22:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70802 times)
777Bitcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 09:14:23 PM

It is good topic to start with. Regardless of who is in government offices as long as the demand of bitcoin on its jurisdiction is high. Every country has to make a move to satisfied the needs and must protect its citizens to any that may harm of stolen they're savings like this investments. That's why government official must be open eyes and ears to look for ways and hear what the people want.
_Dawid_

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 19, 2017, 10:11:40 PM

Good question, I think that we should watch more for NEM(XEM) today 20/09/17 CEO of NEM had an meeting with mayor of Lithuanian city Vilnius. So he makes new steps that is very good information.So now If he succeed in negotiations we wil have propably first wider cooperation of the goverment and blockchain technology from NEM. Reentering the topic, If one country(i'm not sure if lithuenia isn't too small) accept blockchain officialy other countries will copy by doing the same steps and we will have global acceptance for the blockchain technologies.
Barbarian

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 04:24:12 AM

Governments are developing blockchain technology. I do not think governments will want to use bitcoins, but they will be moving money using their own coins.
They can try to create their own coins if it is as bad as their fiat, then bitcoin will keep on growing people are not going to buy into their promises once again when they have shown they are not to be trusted, that is the beauty of bitcoin, it is trustless.
Rinder

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:40:58 PM

Countries arent very friendly to crypto, we all know that crypto does make them to loose the power they have with fiat over us, banks and countries will fight to crypto and till they understand that crypto has camed to stay, soo in the medium period banks and countries will benefict  from the health generated and into circulation over borders.
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 02:53:45 PM

Countries arent very friendly to crypto, we all know that crypto does make them to loose the power they have with fiat over us, banks and countries will fight to crypto and till they understand that crypto has camed to stay, soo in the medium period banks and countries will benefict  from the health generated and into circulation over borders.
We are just thankful that here in my country they are open for this opportunity but sad to say that they are already investigating and studying this if they will imposed tax on it. But I think its okay to have tax just to have a fair rate on it and not to manipulate the price of btc or to disallow bitcoin in our country.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

We are just thankful that here in my country they are open for this opportunity but sad to say that they are already investigating and studying this if they will imposed tax on it. But I think its okay to have tax just to have a fair rate on it and not to manipulate the price of btc or to disallow bitcoin in our country.

To become more freely when using crypto, exchanges must be taxed. Regulations although not a part of why we use crypto is having a good benefits to us especially when something is stolen or involved in a fraud. Exchanges requires verification in order to have some backup informations of their clients once problem came.

No way cryptos will just grow without any government involvement. Im agree for regulations as long as all parties are fair and square.
kpcian

Activity: 826
Merit: 529

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 03:59:33 PM

I think bitcoin, like all other things internet will surpass any government, try to kill it off and it will emerge somewhere else. The people will get what they want and need if it is available, no government or laws can supress it. Building a super firewall, people will break holes and find their ways around it. Spy on your citizens? Enter Tor browsers and more secure communications. Try to ban or overpower bitcoin? Who knows what we will come up with, but it will never be the way the governments have intended. We never surrender or break at the will of those who do us wrong!
I am totally agreed with you on this issue, in the ultra-modern technologies arena, people can do whatever he or she wants. so a government may protect them a little bit in this case. especially for the cryptocurrency it solely depends on an individual will. so that government can take only a little bit hindrance regarding cryptocurrency.
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 04:11:35 PM

I think bitcoin, like all other things internet will surpass any government, try to kill it off and it will emerge somewhere else. The people will get what they want and need if it is available, no government or laws can supress it. Building a super firewall, people will break holes and find their ways around it. Spy on your citizens? Enter Tor browsers and more secure communications. Try to ban or overpower bitcoin? Who knows what we will come up with, but it will never be the way the governments have intended. We never surrender or break at the will of those who do us wrong!
I am totally agreed with you on this issue, in the ultra-modern technologies arena, people can do whatever he or she wants. so a government may protect them a little bit in this case. especially for the cryptocurrency it solely depends on an individual will. so that government can take only a little bit hindrance regarding cryptocurrency.
Now many governments began to fight using a VPN and TOR browser. This is only the beginning. governments know that a long time do not meet the requirements of its citizens, but volunteer power, they will not give up. Bitcoin is also an economic blow to the government. I'm sure that bitcoin will soon become the next target for governments.
justdimin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 06:31:32 PM

To my opinion governments are not the worst enemies of Bitcoin. Many of them are willing to accept the blockchain technology, which is of course not the same, but some governments together with central banks are also testing the use and possibilities of Bitcoin. In some due time I think many governments will regulate the Bitcoin and thus also recgonize it. And we don't have to be afraid of that.
Yes. So far so good, governments are looking at the blockchain technology in general and the opportunity it can bring to the system. They have been able to note the gains it will bring for them and possibly how well it can have an impact in the economy. In so many countries, the governments through the CBN are already trying to create awareness. Gone are those days that any government will be classifying bitcoin as a ponzi scheme and any country's government that says that today will obviously be a global laughing stock.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
DrGuns4Hands

Activity: 910
Merit: 550

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:18:31 PM

government is too far away on bitcoin at the same time government can't control bitcoin because bitcoin is a decentralized currency. banning trading on a country doesn't mean that you can't use bitcoin there's a lot of ways to do bitcoin still . bitcoin has no tax on my country so i think i can freely use my money with out having a tax when im selling my coins out.
EUROPEANTURK

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 07:36:52 PM

Goverment doesnt like bitcoin its true and we have a exaple ,for example China ,Goverment of China is afraid from bitcoin and they closed exchanges why? Because bitcoin will change all system of money.
kamotharnn

Activity: 229

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 08:38:09 PM

To my opinion governments are not the worst enemies of Bitcoin. Many of them are willing to accept the blockchain technology, which is of course not the same, but some governments together with central banks are also testing the use and possibilities of Bitcoin. In some due time I think many governments will regulate the Bitcoin and thus also recgonize it. And we don't have to be afraid of that.
Yeah, I agree with you. But it is sad to know that the Chinese government is not longer support bitcoin. AS you can see, they ban permanently bitcoin exchanges which are on their country and cause of that reason, the price of bitcoin fall hardly. China is the biggest country in this field and many big investors are living there. It is not very good that CHinese government decides to against bitcoin
soronmar

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 02:17:49 AM

Yeah, I agree with you. But it is sad to know that the Chinese government is not longer support bitcoin. AS you can see, they ban permanently bitcoin exchanges which are on their country and cause of that reason, the price of bitcoin fall hardly. China is the biggest country in this field and many big investors are living there. It is not very good that CHinese government decides to against bitcoin
I wouldn't say that they really decide against Bitcoin.
China is just trying to get Bitcoin regulated, which won't work in my opinion.

Btw: Chinese ICOs are "just" banned temporary as you can read here (https://cointelegraph.com/news/china-ban-on-ico-is-temporary-licensing-to-be-introduced-official)
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:09:15 PM

I wouldn't say that they really decide against Bitcoin.
China is just trying to get Bitcoin regulated, which won't work in my opinion.

Btw: Chinese ICOs are "just" banned temporary as you can read here (https://cointelegraph.com/news/china-ban-on-ico-is-temporary-licensing-to-be-introduced-official)
May china has some obligations about bitcoin and when they will clear their minds then they will also accept and regulate bitcoin, because there is lot of bitcoin miners in China. Therefore I think banning is just for the time being, apart from china many other countries have already regularized bitcoin and have started trading in their local markets. The enemies are there but the promoters as well.
tengek37

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:17:56 PM

In my country government and bitcoin are not very good friends, because the government considers a lot of things that can break the law can be done with bitcoin and can not be traced like a normal currency transaction. But I think the government needs to regulate bitcoin transactions in my country in order to avoid unlawful things in my country because bitcoin users are very large and growing.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:23:37 PM

Governments have many doubts about Bitcoin and they fear it will affect badly their fiat currencies, which isnt true. Also they have big doubts about all the decentralized and anonymous currencies, they want to control everything related to finance in their countries. But despite this facts, there is some countries ( I think like Japan, Germany) already legalized Bitcoin
krampus854

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:29:52 PM

government can't handle bitcoin and for sure there will be more problems if the government handle bitcoins and for sure the government will just manipulate it's price because they are handling it.
salihno71

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:41:44 PM

Governments cannot control bitcoin. My guess is that most of them will not like it for that reason. Most of them will probably try to obstruct it in some way similar as we can see what is happening in China lately. Other way would be that they try to regulate it in such manner that they have direct benefit from it. Nor really sure how this would look like, but once the bureaucrats start to loose the ground beneath their feet, we can expect some real attempts from their side.
Kronos21

Activity: 434
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 01:54:26 PM

I don't understand why people are so weak. Life your government humiliates and robs and you expect him permission to use bitcoin. You first had the opportunity to put pressure on the government and are waiting for his permission. Lol!!!
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 24, 2017, 02:38:50 PM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that no control of any party because it is a system that has been established in such a way and no one can control. but I do not think this does not mean that the government can not make regulations on the use of bitcoin itself the government has the authority over legislation that can be made. if indeed the government has been able to accept bitcoin as a means of transaction in a country of course the government will easily make a rule or law that would be a duty that must be obeyed for all bitcoin users. of course there will be regulations that are applied like regulations in other fields.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: