Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 12:24:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70807 times)
DarthToon

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 02:36:12 PM

I think that Bitcoin and crypto-coins and will be accepted by governments, it may be use under monetary regulations, same as Uber, e-commerce , Airbnb and other new kind of technology. So some governments could see an opportunity to get gains from it.

innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:23:30 PM

The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
Sd long as there is a worm pie the Government will be interested in it, it's just that at current time there are more important issues in the world so, i guess, they don't have enough time to make regulations for altcoins.
maxamus

Activity: 833
Merit: 267

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 09:40:44 PM

I think, most the governments will implement own cryptocurrency and will try to limit use of bitcoin in own country. These are simplest way to prevent expansion of bitcoin but at the same time to use innovation by method, painless for them

I have no doubt in that as the government will try to have their very own version of bitcoin to stop the growth of bitcoin but fail miserable because of the uniqueness of bitcoin as the user has total control over bitcoin which will not be in any crypto currency which government might come up with as they wants to control and loot from people's money which is not the case with bitcoin but lets hope for the best.

Am I spamming? Report me!
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 14, 2017, 10:55:18 PM

I think, most the governments will implement own cryptocurrency and will try to limit use of bitcoin in own country. These are simplest way to prevent expansion of bitcoin but at the same time to use innovation by method, painless for them

I have no doubt in that as the government will try to have their very own version of bitcoin to stop the growth of bitcoin but fail miserable because of the uniqueness of bitcoin as the user has total control over bitcoin which will not be in any crypto currency which government might come up with as they wants to control and loot from people's money which is not the case with bitcoin but lets hope for the best.
Well i believe that if the  government really make sense in bitcoin and give thier full support on it and they help it to become more popular maybe many people can get help on it same with the economy. I cant imagine life with bitcoin and government support maybe it will have an amazing result to the economy and the changes on poverty status will be verry fast because bitcoin really a simple way to earn money.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 05:42:34 AM

In order to start business in any country bitcoin should get permission of the government of that country. Many government accept bitcoin as a legal thing in their country, where as many government declared bitcoin is illegal. US government sell over 44000 bitcoin. Iranian government preparing for bitcoin use inside the country and in many countries this step has already been taken. China, Bangladesh, Ecuador like many countries declared bitcoin as illegal thing in their country due to some reason. One of the main reason is that bitcoin doesn't pay tax and transition through it doesn't under control of government. 
And what you think why these governments are not legalizing bitcoin. There is only one reason that you have just shared here.

These are mafias and they want everything under their control. They want to corrupt the money and earn commissions from every transactions government made. And bitcoin is not providing such facilities so they found it so easy to ban with no reasons.
topse

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

DocTailor ICO:

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 06:38:32 AM

our country considers that Bitcoin can be used, traded, or stored as an asset or a form of digital commodity by the public,
 but should not be used as a means of payment because the only legal means of payment in the country is the native currency,
 Bitcoin is not allowed). The use and possession of Bitcoin are the personal responsibility of each user.
so, here bitcoin is not supported by my country.

▬▬ • • •  DOCTailor    Unique self-customizing smart legal contract platform  • • • ▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Bounty  Whitepaper  ▬▬  Slack  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Linkedin   ▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌  Click for PRE-SALE  ▬▬▬  ICO: Mar 31st   ▐▐
nagatraju

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 07:43:45 AM

The governments of all countries are not same and when we talk or think about the government the first thing comes to our mind is the corruption. Most of the government employees are involved in scams or corrupted activities so it becomes difficult for a ordinary person to trust them and when it comes to bitcoin I don't think that corrupted government will come in support of bitcoin.
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:34:25 AM

The governments of all countries are not same and when we talk or think about the government the first thing comes to our mind is the corruption. Most of the government employees are involved in scams or corrupted activities so it becomes difficult for a ordinary person to trust them and when it comes to bitcoin I don't think that corrupted government will come in support of bitcoin.

Bitcoin being manipulated by the government might be a good source of corruption. Different countries have different state policies but here in our country corruption is very rampan. Digital currency could be very accessible to corrupt governmnet official. So i don't think it could be better idea that bitcoin will be under the government.

imamimam1234

Activity: 316
Merit: 101

The Winner Stands Alone

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 08:38:34 AM

my country government will keep bitcoin away as a legal payment, but not forbid bitcoin wallet that affiliates to my country's local bank because the wallet do take 1% for taxes. That's what I thought. I do not know what about a  country that legalize bitcoin did their governments put high taxes when their citizens try to converted their bitcoin,
or extra cost when is used as a payment ,or the price become more expensive eventhough it's more effective.CMIIW Smiley
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:22:57 AM

This would have a positive and negative effect to all users of bitcoin. First just the anonymity thats been going since 2008 well this feature has charmed almost all the tech heads to earn more and independently not knowing from the governments issue and has no tax or whatsoever. Now so is thr government is associated from this . Bitcoin will be regulated as expected and limiting only the users progress towards money on hand.
gatti

Activity: 382
Merit: 109

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 09:56:36 AM

Many government start to make bitcoin is illegal in their country.Because of bitcoin,many government economy was reflected.So only all government start to make bitcoin as illegal .Many are became rich with the help of Bitcoin.
tibne

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 10:31:20 AM

Government will not accept bitcoin just because a lot of people use it. Government is risk avert and can't afford any big scale scam or security risk in public. If BTC can help government do this job, they will have incentive to embrace it. At the same time, Ripple is positioned different to work with the government for compliance and regulation and could be a competitor in this aspect.
Ben100

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:07:04 AM

Government and bitcoin are two rebels for now. As bitcoin is non governmental and not even under the control of government. Being non governmental cryptocurrency is non tax payee to the government and even they encourage the act of illegalism or any act of terrorism. These are non benefial to the government and even many large countries banned it too and even this could be a source of corruption too. Not sure for the future but in present days government would not support cryptocurrency.
Nanot

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 11:14:53 AM

The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
Government & bitcoin can be possible because nowadays bitcoin was already legal in many countries here in the world. Stated that when looking on the other side we cannot deny that the bitcoin and government was match together that causes a broader help in increasing an economy

▰▰▰▰ me token ▰▰▰▰
▰▰ WHITEPAPER ▰▰▰▰   The Social Commerce Revolution  ▰▰▰▰ ANN THREAD ▰▰
 ▰▰ WEB SITE  ▰▰ REDDIT  ▰▰ TELEGRAM  ▰▰ FACEBOOK   ▰▰ LINKEDIN  ▰▰
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:06:22 PM

Bitcoin being manipulated by the government might be a good source of corruption. Different countries have different state policies but here in our country corruption is very rampan. Digital currency could be very accessible to corrupt governmnet official. So i don't think it could be better idea that bitcoin will be under the government.

I don't think that the bitcoin will be under the government because the government doesn't have the power to control this decentralized cryptocurrency. Bitcoin is cannot be manipulated or to be controlled even they will try to do it. If bitcoin will be accepted in different countries then it will not bring a way for corrupt people because bitcoin have a blockchain which you can see all the record.
Maslate

Activity: 3052
Merit: 695

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:26:40 PM

Government & bitcoin can be possible because nowadays bitcoin was already legal in many countries here in the world. Stated that when looking on the other side we cannot deny that the bitcoin and government was match together that causes a broader help in increasing an economy
There is a big difference of being called illegal and not regulated, AFAIK only few countries declared bitcoin as illegal and as long as we have
the big countries like Japan and Russia who are using bitcoin we can still expect that great demand will happen in the future.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
syarifudin

Activity: 397
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 12:47:04 PM

I think the government can't control Bitcoin because Bitcoin is completely decentralized.
The government controls livestock and gold mining,as long as the Bitcoin Business is good,the government will certainly follow up and the government can't stop Bitcoin.
I hope the government and Bitcoin can work together and legalize this bitcoin.
W4terhouse

Activity: 147
Merit: 21

View Profile
November 15, 2017, 01:01:59 PM

I think the government can't control Bitcoin because Bitcoin is completely decentralized.
The government controls livestock and gold mining,as long as the Bitcoin Business is good,the government will certainly follow up and the government can't stop Bitcoin.
I hope the government and Bitcoin can work together and legalize this bitcoin.

My thoughts. But i think if the government is willing to control it, there are a lot of possibilities to keep it small. They could forbid it, make it illegal and so on. So you are not able to spend it everywhere, and it becomes less attractive.

leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:03:38 AM

There is a big difference of being called illegal and not regulated, AFAIK only few countries declared bitcoin as illegal and as long as we have
the big countries like Japan and Russia who are using bitcoin we can still expect that great demand will happen in the future.
I believe the demand of Bitcoin will auto raise more in future. Because the bank can't provide us a safe place to keep money, inflation continues to occur made the value of FIAT always decreases while all things are increasing more value.
Clairvoyance

Activity: 412
Merit: 152

Perceiving events in the future and beyond

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 02:59:46 PM

Most of the government system today tries to regulate the usage of Bitcoin but they can't and will not ever regulate it. They can adopt it as form of payment for faster transcation. I believe in the near future most countries will adopt digital currencies.
Pages: « 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: