Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:07:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Government & Bitcoin  (Read 70802 times)
tittensor

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:37:07 PM

If Government and Bitcoin will combined economy will increase. If government support and protect bitcoin then banks will accepting bitcoin. And bitcoin is going to education too.

But if all that happen I didn't know if economy will increase. Who will work to government if bitcoin has higher value than country money. Maybe government will against bitcoin someday.
Yes I'll also agree with that, bitcoin is a decentralised currency but the currency circulated by the governament is a centralised money, so there is a considerable difference between both the currencies. If Government and the bitcoin ties up then the economy undoubtedly increases.
The government will ensure that they will also benefit with bitcoin, although it's decentralized but they will find a way to regulate it and enforce those users to comply with the law, especially on paying the right tax for their transactions and income online. I know bitcoin is still young but with the resources of the government, they can find a way to make it happen, this decentralized thing will become limit as we will not be able to enjoy full freedom in using bitcoin.
European governments have begun to talk about bitcoin regulation, as worries about using the world's most popular crypto currency for money laundering, drug trafficking and terrorism are rising.
I think that this is just an excuse for controlling such a powerful system (or trying to control)...money was laundered and will launder without cryptocurrency

Haha, they want to say Bitcoin are related the underground world and we "should" ban it to keep safe the society Grin. However, in U.S, FBI has confirmed Bitcoin is not the current crypto for criminal payment. The criminal are using Monero to replace Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:42:07 PM

As usual, governments will try to put a control on the cryptoworld, but - by its decentralized nature - this will be very, very difficult.
Of course, they'll find something to scare the public, but for others...plenty of space :-)

thebanker28

Activity: 303

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 10:51:55 PM

The recent remarks by the French minister suggesting that bitcoin regulation be spoken about at the G20 is both concerning and also demonstrates his lack of understanding about what is really going on. I think for now there are many laws that can be used to take care of obvious criminal activity without introducing more FUD at a legal level

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Charisse1229

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:10:31 PM

Governments have already started to monitor the rise of bitcoins, once bitcoin gets mainstream enough, the value and market cap of bitcoin will increase significantly. Bitcoin has made a lot of impact to everyone's life not only to people but also to the economy. So it is good when govenrment publish about bitcoin. People are willing to join when they see bitcoin value.
magnum357

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 12:47:22 AM

I think for i choose bitcon because if you invest you have money it takes but a goverment always corruption to our country.
wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 01:41:59 AM

The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
Actually government in some countries are doing something already in term of how they cope up with bitcoins and some are how they manage or monitor the bitcoins when people are using it.

Andrianla

Activity: 331

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:02:40 AM

The sharing economy is just going to continue to grow, and governments will be challenged to understand and manage its implications while embracing its benefits. However, governments will be at a significant disadvantage if they wait too long and newer technologies and markets will have already been developed that do not follow traditional models. Think of the following: Uber is the world’s largest taxi service and owns no cars. Airbnb provides lodging yet does not own real estate.

How will local governments adapt to these new ways of doing business that are disrupting traditional business models? All we know now is that governments are a long way from even contemplating and accepting this new reality.
I think not all governments will legalize Bitcoin in their country, because the price of Bitcoin is still not stable so it will cause panic in the community so many say words that are not appropriate to the government, so I think the government is looking for a safe position.
The Demon Slick

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 02:13:59 AM

My worry is that the wall street banks will use their political influence. For instance,  today Goldman Sachs announced a crypto trading desk opening in 18. How long before they start with crushing the competition? Look out gdax here comes Goodman Sachs. First they'll say it's not fair they have to follow regulations but gdax doesn't. Next they'll lobby government for regulations. For our own good, of course. To keep us safe. The new rules will cost millions of dollars to comply with. You need an army of clerks and lawyers to keep the forms filled out! Goldman Sachs has one. Gdax doesn't. Any emerging competition will be unable to afford the new rules. Competition crushed, the new giant can take advantage of the market share to recoup their investment in lobbying through higher user fees. This is the corruptocrats business model. We must strive to avoid it.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:14:31 AM

I think government is trying to understand that system but not all government trying to understand... other are not listining because there mindset is no work no pay and not just clicking and you earn...
 But our country philippines are now trying to understand that system. I hope they accept bitcoin
King Sastro

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:40:32 AM

What the government wants to do is to control whatever citizens use, the presence of bitcoin makes things different from the government's goal so the easy way is bitcoin banned. And it would seem difficult for the government to accept bitcoin.

PRIMEXCOIN
█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█ █▀▀▀ █
█  ▄██ █
█ ██▀  █
█ ▄▄▄█ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:20:57 AM

Bitcoin and government.

I think the government supports bitcoin progress.

Hopefully technological developments add easy access to bitcoin and invest in bitcoins, because foreign currency trading has also been authorized worldwide and also is not inferior to digital currency that has the highest price.

This digital money is also very helpful to a very popular world today. This year the government may make new steps to access bitcoin easier to get it, Help the government spirit to support the development of bitcoin.

btcforever2018

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 05:30:51 AM

I really appreciate with you. Bitcoin is most popular cripto currency & day by day its increase acceptance everywhere. Every govt. should consider this matter. 
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:14:18 AM

I really appreciate with you. Bitcoin is most popular cripto currency & day by day its increase acceptance everywhere. Every govt. should consider this matter. 

Other Government in most of the countries here in this worlds seems don't trust bitcoin yet, they think that bitcoin is just a scam just because of those scammers who use bitcoin as the key to scam people, so, the conclusion of the Government is that bitcoin is risky, they even banned it in some countries, I hope those scammers die already.
Good tbc

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 06:21:35 AM

If Government and Bitcoin will combined economy will increase. If government support and protect bitcoin then banks will accepting bitcoin. And bitcoin is going to education too.

But if all that happen I didn't know if economy will increase. Who will work to government if bitcoin has higher value than country money. Maybe government will against bitcoin someday.
Yes I'll also agree with that, bitcoin is a decentralised currency but the currency circulated by the governament is a centralised money, so there is a considerable difference between both the currencies. If Government and the bitcoin ties up then the economy undoubtedly increases.

I know that for government to want to combined with Bitcoin for economy to continue to increase, it will be that Government will want to dominate or want to be at the helms of power in order to dictate and regulate as well as to determine the activities in Bitcoin, which may not be possible and that is why some countries Government is not yet accepting Bitcoin. Bitcoin is a digital, decentralised currency which is not in the control of any government and the Government  circulate a centralised money, the possibility of Government and Bitcoin coming together will be a serious thing to be considered for this to be possible because of a lot of factors.

gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:38:53 AM

Bitcoin and government.

I think the government supports bitcoin progress.

Hopefully technological developments add easy access to bitcoin and invest in bitcoins, because foreign currency trading has also been authorized worldwide and also is not inferior to digital currency that has the highest price.

This digital money is also very helpful to a very popular world today. This year the government may make new steps to access bitcoin easier to get it, Help the government spirit to support the development of bitcoin.

Well that depends on how your government sees bitcoin. I agree that when put to good use, any country will bemefit from the technology that runs cryptocurrencies. The problem is there still are things to consider since being decentralized and anonymous can be taken advantage of by money launderers and terror groups. There needs to be a couple of regulations to be made as well for governments and bitcoin to go well hand in hand

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 07:39:16 AM

I think that governments are afraid of Bitcoin. The main reason for this is the lack of centralized control over the processes. Governments are used to controlling fiat currencies, that`s why they don`t know, what to do with Bitcoin. Most governments have a choice: to legalize or ban Bitcoin. This decision determines the further influence of Bitcoin on the state.
rancidgash

Activity: 735
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 09:47:54 AM

I think that governments are afraid of Bitcoin. The main reason for this is the lack of centralized control over the processes. Governments are used to controlling fiat currencies, that`s why they don`t know, what to do with Bitcoin. Most governments have a choice: to legalize or ban Bitcoin. This decision determines the further influence of Bitcoin on the state.
Bitcoin is available in a large number of countries whose payment systems are still unable to use it because of their own limitations. Bitcoin enhances global trade access and can stimulate international transactions.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:46:30 PM

Sooner laws will be passed by our lawmakers to regulate and tax this new scheme of currency.  As of today, the only tax collected using bitcoins in the transaction is Value added tax or VAT.  A direct tax is not yet applied so there are still leeways who earn income through bitcoins.  The moment lawmakers studied the benefits and use of this currency, they will eventually regulate and imposed tax on it... just wait...
Taxes are coming we all know that the issue is if people are going to comply, are people going to say OK I'm going to pay you this tax as you order or are we going to see people resisting that and keep doing their thing in bitcoin without worrying about what the government is saying, I think many are going to pay their taxes but many others are going to disobey those laws.
inklingzade

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 10:47:52 PM

I believe the same than you, unless governments accept and embrace the coin there will be continuous struggles for users and companies
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:33:39 AM

I'm very curious: I think that government will try everything to boicott bitcoin, then probably it will find a way to control it (now in europe there is a discussion about creating a "global database" of bitcoin owners...
Very funny, we'll see :-)

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: