Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 08:42:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [*] 8BIT [Dark Masternodes][Anon][Roadmap Stage 4]  (Read 379544 times)
wurstgelee

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:26:02 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 03:36:04 AM by wurstgelee

Calm down guys. Stopped and slowed down are two different things.

With broken difficulty adjustment the situation won't change. It's probably only really, really slow - but that's almost the same. Whats the point in transactions taking half a day or more if a blocks gets staked each 1 or 2 hours?

Diff adjustment is not broken if you know anything about PoS 2.0 then
you would know 65k is the minimum PoS diff. We did not have a block
in PoS without PoW yet. When we do we will know if a fix is even warranted.

Oh right, good point - I always forget that this is PoS 2.0. Sorry, my bad. Wink

Then the problem is something else: Too few coins in circulation, people don't have enough coins (=not enough weight since its PoS2) in their wallets to stake on a regular basis. This will probably lead to a stuck chain as well - if it's not already stalled.

Simple fix would be to multiply the coin weight by a static factor? I am not exactly a PoS2 expert, but this should work?

Yes, but I will wait and see how it behaves after the first PoS block.
A fix will only take a few minutes. But I want to be certain it's needed.

* sorry I have the 360 seconds limitations so can not answer as quick.

Maybe I am missing a point here, but why do you think PoS block generation might possibly be better after the first block generated (after PoW)?  If 65536 is already the minimum diff for PoS2 and it can't get any lower?

zing96

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:28:05 AM

Yeah i know, i just wanna to say with this, dev please fix it Wink
Yeah that was my point to the dev, if he thinks he can just wait it out, it might go too long.  Probably going to have to do a hardfork to allow POW mining to continue with 0 rewards and get some miners on it to get it moving again, resync, then staking can continue.  Blackcoin based coins won't stake while syncing.

Or whoever it is who has a massive amount of coins sitting in their wallet, could politely turn their wallet back on Tongue

This happened to ecash.  igotspots took over the coin, had Bittrex turn on staking, forked it so POW could get the block chain moving, blah blah blah blah.  Now that coin is in the shitter.  Would hate to see this go the same route.
dannygroove

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2015, 03:29:37 AM

Yeah that was my point to the dev, if he thinks he can just wait it out, it might go too long.  Probably going to have to do a hardfork to allow POW mining to continue with 0 rewards and get some miners on it to get it moving again, resync, then staking can continue.  Blackcoin based coins won't stake while syncing.

Or whoever it is who has a massive amount of coins sitting in their wallet, could politely turn their wallet back on Tongue

This happened to ecash.  igotspots took over the coin, had Bittrex turn on staking, forked it so POW could get the block chain moving, blah blah blah blah.  Now that coin is in the shitter.  Would hate to see this go the same route.

Still too early to know that
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:30:17 AM

Looks like block 1888 was deleted.

edit.

looks like it was found again on the blockchain but the same diff.

███████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▀█▀████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████▀▀██████
████▀▀▀█████████████████
████████████▄▄▄▄███████
█████████████████▄▄▄████
█████████████████▀█████
████████████▀██▀████████
████████████████████████
███████████▄▄█████▄▄█████

███████████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████▀▀▀
▀▄
▌░░▐▌
█████▄▄█
████████▄
████████▌
███████
███████
██████
██████
█████
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
..Play Now..
[
woozii

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Call me the coin wrecker (;

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:37:36 AM

Only ~100k coins, this is going to the moon
wurstgelee

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:38:29 AM

This happened to ecash.  igotspots took over the coin, had Bittrex turn on staking, forked it so POW could get the block chain moving, blah blah blah blah.  Now that coin is in the shitter.  Would hate to see this go the same route.

That's not really neccessary. You can get a chain moving again even if it's stalled for ages - without reenabling PoW - with an instant hard fork.

Edit: Just checked the distribution - which is actually pretty good. Top wallet has 9588 coins. In this case this is a problem.

njs811

Activity: 406

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:40:25 AM

Moons too close. This is a picture I took from the future.
miningfool

Activity: 213
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:40:59 AM

That's not really neccessary. You can get a chain moving again even if it's stalled for ages - without reenabling PoW - with an instant hard fork.
How would you do that without removing the check that skips the stake miner loop if wallet is syncing?
wurstgelee

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:45:04 AM

This happened to ecash.  igotspots took over the coin, had Bittrex turn on staking, forked it so POW could get the block chain moving, blah blah blah blah.  Now that coin is in the shitter.  Would hate to see this go the same route.

How would you do that without removing the check that skips the stake miner loop if wallet is syncing?

For example by hardcoding that check to be true for a given block height, in this case 1888 (1889).

Edit: I know that it works because I have done it with a blockchain which was stuck for several weeks. Wink

njs811

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:49:57 AM

Edit: Just checked the distribution - which is actually pretty good. Top wallet has 9588 coins. In this case this is a problem.

It is an issue that the top wallet has 9588 coins. Perhaps the owner is considering a giveaway. But even at $1 each their stock is still less than 10 grand. It would be silly for someone like that to sell out.  Heck, even at 0.1 BTC it still seems like an odd idea to drop that kind of coin.  I would hope that whoever owns it would have the intelligence to slowly place coin back into the market. Thus furthering the distribution and putting a nice profit in the pocket of the owner.
8bitproject (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:56:59 AM

It is an issue that the top wallet has 9588 coins. Perhaps the owner is considering a giveaway. But even at $1 each their stock is still less than 10 grand. It would be silly for someone like that to sell out.  Heck, even at 0.1 BTC it still seems like an odd idea to drop that kind of coin.  I would hope that whoever owns it would have the intelligence to slowly place coin back into the market. Thus furthering the distribution and putting a nice profit in the pocket of the owner.

That wallet is suprnova pool , it's not owned by one individual.

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:59:18 AM

Just a suggestion, fix the reason why the pos did not reward as it should have, and create a fork and a POS "do - over". So perhaps at block 2000 create the fork and pos reward schedule will be done then. Do it soon, or the chain will stop as there is no pow and pos is not moving the chain either. Also price will increase when people find out there will be another pos reward scheduled.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
njs811

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:59:36 AM

It is an issue that the top wallet has 9588 coins. Perhaps the owner is considering a giveaway. But even at $1 each their stock is still less than 10 grand. It would be silly for someone like that to sell out.  Heck, even at 0.1 BTC it still seems like an odd idea to drop that kind of coin.  I would hope that whoever owns it would have the intelligence to slowly place coin back into the market. Thus furthering the distribution and putting a nice profit in the pocket of the owner.

That wallet is suprnova pool , it's not owned by one individual.

Look at that, a perfectly clear explanation.
shkbits

Activity: 295

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:06:40 AM

Will the blockchain move forward if Ocminer enable staking on his pool wallet?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
     ▄█▀ ▄▄█████████████▄▄ ▀█▄

█▀ ▄███████▀   ▀███████▄ ▀█
   █ ▄████████▀     ▀████████▄ █
  █ ▄████████▀       ▀████████▄ █

█ ▄████████▀    █    ▀████████▄ █
▄▀▄█████        ▄█▄        █████▄▀▄
█ ██████▀▀▀     ███     ▀▀▀██████ █

█ ██████▄▄     ▄███▄     ▄▄██████ █
█ ███████▀     ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀███████ █
▀▄▀█████▀                 ▀█████▀▄▀

█ ▀███▀      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▀███▀ █
  █ ▀██      █████████      ██▀ █
   █ ▀██▄  ▄███████████▄  ▄██▀ █

█▄ ▀███████████████████▀ ▄█
     ▀█▄ ▀▀█████████████▀▀ ▄█▀

▀▀█▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄█▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AppCoins

[.
WHITEPAPER
][.
CROWDSALE
]
Pepijn

Activity: 36

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:10:56 AM

Nice graphics, name and build up. Good start.
mastertrader777
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:11:20 AM

My guess is no.
wurstgelee

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:12:15 AM

I guess most miners have already initiated transfers to bittrex or their local wallets which only don't show up in the blockchain yet - because no new blocks are generated. So he can't really do that - he also would take his customer's coins hostage until they mature if he stakes with them. And it doesn't help with the root cause of the problem.

@ dev: Maybe I am missing a point here, but why do you think PoS block generation might possibly be better after the first block generated (after PoW)?  If 65536 is already the minimum diff for PoS2 and it can't get any lower?

prospecta

Activity: 729

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:23:02 AM

Meanwhile on Bittrex haha.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
8bitproject (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:24:07 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 04:50:32 AM by 8bitproject

Just a suggestion, fix the reason why the pos did not reward as it should have, and create a fork and a POS "do - over". So perhaps at block 2000 create the fork and pos reward schedule will be done then. Do it soon, or the chain will stop as there is no pow and pos is not moving the chain either. Also price will increase when people find out there will be another pos reward scheduled.

Vegas

If the chain does not move in the next few hours I will make a fix, inform
Exchanges and compile new wallets.
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 04:30:57 AM

So I guess the template now is 1) Ninja launch 2) Dark Masternodes 3) Make coin supply as rare as you possibly can.  Excellent.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 310 »
  Print  

Jump to: