Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:18:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36403 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
GabeBitSeeds

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:59:07 PM

lol insider instamine http://explorer.bitseeds.org:3001/richlist

This coin was in development for more than 6 months and you couldn't launch with a pool?

Our pool is working now. It was having problems at first, but all good now. We launched a little early for the community because coindesk.com did an article.

There was no insider instamine. We launched the network about 45min after the coindesk.com article.

Not sure why a the coindesk article would force your hand. You launched the network 45 min after the article but you launched the first pool 7-8 hours after that. I have plenty of logs to show friends of the dev were waiting in anticipation for the launch, you think they aren't the owners of the top 25 wallets?

PM me if you want Gabe I'll lay it all out for you.

Many people were anticipating this launch. But the launch happened after Coindesk released the article and we posted everything on many forums after the article to let everyone know about the launch. We tried to be as fair as possible. The pool had an issue as we already made clear, but as soon as we got it running we posted it on the forum and our subreddit.
morrisonsa

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:05:44 PM

As much as this coin seems scammy and the overall design of the currency is not appealing to anyone to really mine, at least they are truthful in their affiliation with The Rainforest Foundation -

http://rainforestfoundation.org/bitseeds

I'm really sorry you feel that way. We've been working insanely hard to develop an altcoin that people can mine, while truly helping the world in which we live. I have already tried to explain the reasoning for the premine, which I'll say again, we have no right to sell or touch those BitSeeds. They were only premined specifically to create a long lasting system for Rainforest Foundation to accomplish such an enormous goal of planting 1,000,000,000 trees.

I fail to really see how this will generate any sort of significant income for the Rainforest Foundation.

First off, your insane hard work. If this launch is a result of what you can do working INSANELY hard for a year to develop this coin.  Then the rainforest is fucked. You're teams (what four members?) 1 year of insane hard work would have produced more for this cause if you guys delivered pizza at night for the last year, and donated 1% of your post-tax earnings, then this venture could ever produce.  Ever.

Secondly, super rough math (didn't feel like doing the math on the block reductions every 90 days, which btw is 100 years, not 99) means after 100 years...there will be ~11 million minted coins, excluding POS.  Which at 10% interest, still leaves nothing compared to your 100,000,000.  There will be no market cap, no exchange volume, which means no btc earned to plant trees.

I applaud your portrayed commitment to the environment, which btw, way to be "green" and yet use a medium that consumes THOUSANDS of kilowatts of energy per second globally.  But you are delusional if you think at any point any of what you have done here has bettered your cause.

GabeBitSeeds

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:06:02 PM

lol insider instamine http://explorer.bitseeds.org:3001/richlist

This coin was in development for more than 6 months and you couldn't launch with a pool?

Our pool is working now. It was having problems at first, but all good now. We launched a little early for the community because coindesk.com did an article.

There was no insider instamine. We launched the network about 45min after the coindesk.com article.

Not sure why a the coindesk article would force your hand. You launched the network 45 min after the article but you launched the first pool 7-8 hours after that. I have plenty of logs to show friends of the dev were waiting in anticipation for the launch, you think they aren't the owners of the top 25 wallets?

PM me if you want Gabe I'll lay it all out for you.

If you want to know the wallet #2 on the rich list is mine and I have nothing to do with this project nor have I heard about it until it was posted on this forum the other day.

Haha that's awesome man!! I would love to speak with you about what made you jump on this so early, can you please pm me what you thought when you saw the release?
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:25:25 PM

You had an 8 hours long issue that prevented you from launching a pool even though you had months of preparation? Bryce has launched plenty of coins and the one good thing I can say about him is he's not that incompetent.
BitcoinSanDiego

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:30:42 PM

I fail to really see how this will generate any sort of significant income for the Rainforest Foundation.

This project has no revenue generating capabilities and there is no innovation.  It's just greed, plain and simple.
morrisonsa

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:32:41 PM

This project has no revenue generating capabilities and there is no innovation.  It's just greed, plain and simple.

Greed implies there is the chance of profits...
TimC
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:37:43 PM

Haha that's awesome man!! I would love to speak with you about what made you jump on this so early, can you please pm me what you thought when you saw the release?

Nothing but a shit coin with a premine way too buy but every now and again you find a diamond in the shit pile. I was just around for the instamine. I've seen things that look like shit turn out very well and I've seen things that look good just be a scam.

GabeBitSeeds

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:44:26 PM

As much as this coin seems scammy and the overall design of the currency is not appealing to anyone to really mine, at least they are truthful in their affiliation with The Rainforest Foundation -

I'm really sorry you feel that way. We've been working insanely hard to develop an altcoin that people can mine, while truly helping the world in which we live. I have already tried to explain the reasoning for the premine, which I'll say again, we have no right to sell or touch those BitSeeds. They were only premined specifically to create a long lasting system for Rainforest Foundation to accomplish such an enormous goal of planting 1,000,000,000 trees.

First off, your insane hard work. If this launch is a result of what you can do working INSANELY hard for a year to develop this coin.  Then the rainforest is fucked. You're teams (what four members?) 1 year of insane hard work would have produced more for this cause if you guys delivered pizza at night for the last year, and donated 1% of your post-tax earnings, then this venture could ever produce.  Ever.

Secondly, super rough math (didn't feel like doing the math on the block reductions every 90 days, which btw is 100 years, not 99) means after 100 years...there will be ~11 million minted coins, excluding POS.  Which at 10% interest, still leaves nothing compared to your 100,000,000.  There will be no market cap, no exchange volume, which means no btc earned to plant trees.

I applaud your portrayed commitment to the environment, which btw, way to be "green" and yet use a medium that consumes THOUSANDS of kilowatts of energy per second globally.  But you are delusional if you think at any point any of what you have done here has bettered your cause.

Working insanely hard isn't just coding or making partnerships. All of us have jobs and had to do this while working full time. It took a lot of time to make sure we were compliant with different state laws in regards to Rainforest Foundation. No other altcoin has done anything like this. We have a 25+ year charity that is vouching to plant 1bil trees with the 10% interest on that 100mil wallet. That wallet is not for sale. It is only there to stake.

And, yes we understand that mining coins takes a lot of energy, but to make a huge enough impact and bring a global awareness takes some radical thinking. You don't like the idea? Ok don't join the community. I'm not trying to sell you on this, if you dont see the vision then go buy some tron or some other nonsense altcoin (because they are all the same).
MaxMinersNet

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:00:09 PM

Please spread some Hash over to

https://bs.maxminers.net

We are finding blocks, already found one !
garthkiser

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 06:59:26 PM

The Rainforest Foundation is not the kind of organization to jump in bed with just anyone, or to be involved in a scam. There's 30 years of history to back that up. Start mining and staking now.

GabeBitSeeds

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:08:29 PM

The Rainforest Foundation is not the kind of organization to jump in bed with just anyone, or to be involved in a scam. There's 30 years of history to back that up. Start mining and staking now.

I've been trying to explain that, but some people just won't take fact as fact. Suzanne who is the executive director of the Rainforest Foundation, has been an integral part in the design and creation of BitSeeds. She has become extremely well versed in altcoins over the past year, especially for someone who had never even heard of Bitcoin before our first call.
CryptoCamel

Activity: 101

uads.io

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2015, 08:46:46 PM

yeah to all the people screaming insta mine... i woke up, got the bitops pool details 7hrs after launch and have mined it since...am now in the top 5 of the richlist. I honestly think this was just ignored by most early as the big pools like nova & such didnt pick it up

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UADS.IO      █  Ultimate Altcoin Daytraders Spreadsheet - Increase Profits -  Journal Trades - Analytics - See your portfolio grow   █      UADS.IO
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
morrisonsa

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 08:59:58 PM

What is the cost to plant one tree?
GabeBitSeeds

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:13:27 PM

On average between $1.50 - $2.50. Depending on location.
GabeBitSeeds

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:35:26 PM

Since there's no Mac wallet yet, I booted a Windows 7 VM and installed the Windows client.  I got the following error when launching the QT:

"The program can't start because libwinpthread-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I reinstalled with no change.  Suggestions?

The new windows wallet is up. You can download it at bitseeds.org
morrisonsa

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:49:47 PM

So, you're going to raise 1.5billion dollars from the interest stake.

Look, I don't mean to beat on you guys, I really don't, but you're making far to easy. 

First:  If you're trying to imply no other alt coin has been produced with the intentions of charitable contributions.  Then you are mistaken.  Clean Water generated what, $2,000, to provide clean water.  But they did it with a fair and honest coin.  There have been several also where the dev's and community donated mined coins to the cause, which is much more admirable, and more apt to accepted by the mining community then the stats you came up with.

Second: If you want to be taken seriously, which I believe you do, you need to speak clearly and concisely with your words.  If your asking why I'm saying your going to raise 1.5billion dollars, it's because that's what you say.  You keep saying the Rain Forest Foundation is going to plant 1 billion trees with this staked interest.  Also, your stories keep not meshing.  Six months of work here, A year on it here, not knowing it was the IRS who granted Charity status (not you, but another team member).

Third: The coin stats are just super weak.  There is no value for miners to mine it.  Your staked interest will mean nothing because there will be no buy pressure.  You've taken your one shot at doing this, and did it wrong.  And it's obvious you did no research on past crypto coins, success rates, or how to create value.

Fourth: Your whole philosophy and way of thinking is complete hypocritical pandering at this point.  Stating that you have to have Radical Thinking to effect global change.  You are right.  But by creating a source to make your change at the expense of the thing you are trying to save (the environment) is just plain ludicrous.

Fifth: In your ann, you repeat the same nonsensical dribble over and over again.  Literally, and figuratively.  If you spent a year working insanely hard on anything it would have been spent using a thesaurus to produce the language in that ann.
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:11:31 AM

Since there's no Mac wallet yet, I booted a Windows 7 VM and installed the Windows client.  I got the following error when launching the QT:

"The program can't start because libwinpthread-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

I reinstalled with no change.  Suggestions?

The new windows wallet is up. You can download it at bitseeds.org

Thanks. That worked.

Fortunately I had another VM with the right dependencies already installed so I was able to get the first version of the wallet to work there.  Hey, looks like I'm on the rich list, albeit lower down than I would've been.  Cool.
GabeBitSeeds

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 12:16:56 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2015, 01:46:55 AM by GabeBitSeeds

So, you're going to raise 1.5billion dollars from the interest stake.

Look, I don't mean to beat on you guys, I really don't, but you're making far to easy.  

First:  If you're trying to imply no other alt coin has been produced with the intentions of charitable contributions.  Then you are mistaken.  Clean Water generated what, $2,000, to provide clean water.  But they did it with a fair and honest coin.  There have been several also where the dev's and community donated mined coins to the cause, which is much more admirable, and more apt to accepted by the mining community then the stats you came up with.

Second: If you want to be taken seriously, which I believe you do, you need to speak clearly and concisely with your words.  If your asking why I'm saying your going to raise 1.5billion dollars, it's because that's what you say.  You keep saying the Rain Forest Foundation is going to plant 1 billion trees with this staked interest.  Also, your stories keep not meshing.  Six months of work here, A year on it here, not knowing it was the IRS who granted Charity status (not you, but another team member).

Third: The coin stats are just super weak.  There is no value for miners to mine it.  Your staked interest will mean nothing because there will be no buy pressure.  You've taken your one shot at doing this, and did it wrong.  And it's obvious you did no research on past crypto coins, success rates, or how to create value.

Fourth: Your whole philosophy and way of thinking is complete hypocritical pandering at this point.  Stating that you have to have Radical Thinking to effect global change.  You are right.  But by creating a source to make your change at the expense of the thing you are trying to save (the environment) is just plain ludicrous.

Fifth: In your ann, you repeat the same nonsensical dribble over and over again.  Literally, and figuratively.  If you spent a year working insanely hard on anything it would have been spent using a thesaurus to produce the language in that ann.

I don't think you really mean that you don't mean to beat on us. I think that is exactly your intentions. Don't like our idea, cool, don't help then. I have tried to answer politely, every question posed. Sorry if my "nonsensical dribble" is repetitive, but you are the one that keeps saying the same thing. I get it you don't like the coin... Well, It's being mined so someone likes the idea. Go support a different altcoin.

First, you just said yourself that clean water coin raised $2000 because they "did it with a fair and honest coin". What an accomplishment! A whole $2000 for clean water. Wow they really did it right.

Second, yes that's exactly what I ment that the Rainforest Foundation will net over 1.5bil through the staking wallet over the next 100 years. Believe it or don't. Speculate that it'll fail, doesn't bother me at all.

Third, umm miners are mining. Last I checked it was over a petahash. Oh and please provide a successful altcoin that had done its research on past crypto? And is trading higher today then it did days or weeks after launch. Because the definition of success is: the accomplishment of an aim or purpose.

Forth, well when solar powered mining is available ;-) you let me know.

Fifth, and finally I just ordered a new thesaurus from Amazon. Thanks

I'm out. Drop mic..
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:15:00 AM

Here is the scummy part....... while you are mining and thus supporting the network and block chain, making the required confirms; and the entire mining universe is earning an average of 100,000 coins a year; the BitSeed Foundation is getting 10 MILLION coins a year as interest on their 100million insta-mine.

Now, their 10 million coins per year will have to be sold into a market somewhere, IF THEY CAN FIND ANY BUYERS; which will dwarf the miners 100K of mined coins.

They are using the miners just to secure the network, and confirm any transactions and the coin maturity.

DO you feel like you are being played for a chump?

BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 03:41:48 AM

The Rainforest Foundation is a very well established and very well respected charity.  The entire point of our process is ecosystem preservation.  That includes the markets as well as the planet.  It would be rather hypocritical to destroy one while supporting the other.

Altcoin speculator mining patterns are analogous to strip miners or fracking: extract as much wealth from a network as quickly as possible and it doesn't matter what happens afterwards.

Mining this coin has the potential to give back for the destruction their mining has caused.

Karma happens.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: