Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:56:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36401 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:50:59 AM

We would also ask that pool operators please shut down their pools and we thank them for their support.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
findyou1337

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:00:04 AM

this mean , the maket at bittrex goes not online anymore?
xamido

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:26:45 PM

Basically this incompetent devs have cost my precious trading time. I got a couple of btc in it, now once the market open people will dump everything and creates a lost for me. Not including the fact that i could have sold my coin here to buy more XBS during its dump.

Really Bryce? How long have you been in this game and you still cannot create a coin that runs well?

You delete it, i'm just gonna post it again.
BirdCoinV2

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

★YoBit.Net★ 100+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:31:33 PM

It's a nice project, contact me if you want to join a project, Seeds/Bird

my Thread is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=588212.0

AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 01:41:22 PM

The network has been exploited by a hostile party who is currently manipulating it.

told u
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:07:06 PM

As much as I personally dislike Bryce, how petty do you have to be to turn a 1/3rd of Bitcoins hash rate over to try and kill a charity coin?  Out of all the cookie cutter scam coins that pop up week after week on here this is what they choose to attack? I prefer the market decide what they like or don't like, not outright vandalism.
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:17:02 PM

As much as I personally dislike Bryce, how petty do you have to be to turn a 1/3rd of Bitcoins hash rate over to try and kill a charity coin?  Out of all the cookie cutter scam coins that pop up week after week on here this is what they choose to attack? I prefer the market decide what they like or don't like, not outright vandalism.

Sounds like "the market" did tell us what they don't like, with their blast of hash.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:19:17 PM

As much as I personally dislike Bryce, how petty do you have to be to turn a 1/3rd of Bitcoins hash rate over to try and kill a charity coin?  Out of all the cookie cutter scam coins that pop up week after week on here this is what they choose to attack? I prefer the market decide what they like or don't like, not outright vandalism.

Sounds like "the market" did tell us what they don't like, with their blast of hash.

1 or a few guys conspiring with huge ASIC farms are not exactly "the market".
AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:24:58 PM

Apr 19 11:48:00 <&Cogburn> This is consensus via mining.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:26:38 PM

Apr 19 11:48:00 <&Cogburn> This is consensus via mining.

And Bryce is wrong on that as well.

But I don't like a few increasingly centralized miners dictating what can and can't be destroyed anymore than I like the government doing the same.

Let the free market of buyers and traders decide whether they want to buy it or not.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:45:13 PM

Those other "shit coins" use algos like X11, X13, X15, JHA, SHA3 Keccak.  The devs got lazy here and chose SHA256.  As we all know, there is over 1000PH of hash power available in ASICs and ASIC farms.  ASIC farms have become unrofitable with the drop in BTC price.  Why not switch to a new coin that is 100% hype and no substance, mine it like crazy, and then sell quickly?

If the devs were serious about succeeding, they would have used another ASIC free algo, like Keccak, or X15.

They did not do their proper testing on Testnet prior to launch, or they would have found that their retargeting does not scale up. 

solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:51:25 PM

Those other "shit coins" use algos like X11, X13, X15, JHA, SHA3 Keccak.  The devs got lazy here and chose SHA256.  As we all know, there is over 1000PH of hash power available in ASICs and ASIC farms.  ASIC farms have become unrofitable with the drop in BTC price.  Why not switch to a new coin that is 100% hype and no substance, mine it like crazy, and then sell quickly?

If the devs were serious about succeeding, they would have used another ASIC free algo, like Keccak, or X15.

They did not do their proper testing on Testnet prior to launch, or they would have found that their retargeting does not scale up.  

If the main purpose of this huge hash attack is just to mine it and dump it for profit, sure I can see the point about the incompetence of the choices made in the setup of the coin to prevent this.

However if there is some political point trying to be made here by an entity mass instamining the coins to punish the foundation here, I don't see their POV. If this particular entity think Bitseeds is a scam, how is harvesting 900k coins, dumping them on the market and making off with the BTC going to rectify that? That just makes one thief stealing from another.

Now if they took those 900k coins and DONATED them DIRECTLY to the Rainforest Foundation and kept them out of the hands of greedy speculators, that I could respect a little more.

If whoever was behind this and is reading this really wants to do the right thing, prove it by doing something positive with the coins instead of just enriching yourself and pretending you're a white knight.
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 02:58:45 PM

Those other "shit coins" use algos like X11, X13, X15, JHA, SHA3 Keccak.  The devs got lazy here and chose SHA256.  As we all know, there is over 1000PH of hash power available in ASICs and ASIC farms.  ASIC farms have become unrofitable with the drop in BTC price.  Why not switch to a new coin that is 100% hype and no substance, mine it like crazy, and then sell quickly?

If the main purpose of this huge hash attack is just to mine it and dump it for profit, sure I can see the point about the incompetence of the choices made in the setup of the coin to prevent this.

However if there is some political point trying to be made here by an entity mass instamining the coins to punish the foundation here, I don't see their POV. If this particular entity think Bitseeds is a scam, how is harvesting 900k coins, dumping them on the market and making off with the BTC going to rectify that? That just makes one thief stealing from another.

Now if they took those 900k coins and DONATED them DIRECTLY to the Rainforest Foundation and kept them out of the hands of greedy speculators, that I could respect a little more.

If whoever was behind this and is reading this really wants to do the right thing, prove it by doing something positive with the coins instead of just enriching yourself and pretending you're a white knight.

The 130PH ASIC farmer would not have been using a pool, he would have mined directly.  As such his IP address is logged.  His wallet address would also be known, as well as any transfers to exchanges or other wallets, which also would have IP address logs.

Have the devs posted this information?  If not, they are either incompetent, complacent, or culpable.   WHICH IS IT?

GabeBitSeeds

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:05:30 PM

Well they didn't sell any on the market yet, maybe they have the intentions of dumping the coin, but we stopped trading specifically to fix all the issues. We didn't want trading continued if there was a possibility of people losing money cause of a dump due to the issues in the blockchain.

We are still coming up with solutions, the patch released last night has not fixed staking. That's what we're trying to do now. We have consulted with other devs who are looking through the code. If any of you would like to join to help us pinpoint the issue, we will give you a reward. We know a lot of the community is behind us because of the all the positive PMs / public messages we've received. Thank you. We should be releasing more info today as our contacts look to find the actually problem that's causing staking not to work.
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:18:37 PM

I'm not comfortable with Bryce and the RFF receiving these 900k coins, that would make their obscenely-large premine even larger. 

Someone mined lots of coins.  Bryce's created a shitty network which couldn't handle the hash. That person now has 900k coins that they mined. I don't see any problems here, aside from a weak-ass network.
GabeBitSeeds

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:32:05 PM

I'm not comfortable with Bryce and the RFF receiving these 900k coins, that would make their obscenely-large premine even larger. 

Someone mined lots of coins.  Bryce's created a shitty network which couldn't handle the hash. That person now has 900k coins that they mined. I don't see any problems here, aside from a weak-ass network.

Bryce would never receive any of these coins. RFF would hold hold them and most likely donate them back to the community in some sort of give back program. Any network is built upon the community. I have a few devs checking it out to see if Bryce was the issue or not. If you are a dev you can see the blockchain yourself.
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:33:04 PM

How on earth can a charity having a large premine be considered obscene?

If this were a coin for the Shriners Hospitals people here would cry about all those greedy burned children getting a lions share of the money lol.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:44:35 PM

How on earth can a charity having a large premine be considered obscene?

If this were a coin for the Shriners Hospitals people here would cry about all those greedy burned children getting a lions share of the money lol.
if the shriners had so much money that they could fork their hospital and destroy it at any time that would easily be considered to much.
if RFF recieves these 900k coins somehow, those coin represent only 0.9% of their total holdings. Meanwhile 900k is about a third of the publicly available coins. Whoever mined those coins deserves them, unless people think RFF having 100.9million coins which can create ~11million coins yearly is fine while the rest of the community gets left with 2.1million coins to hold/trade which will still be less than 3 million by this time next year?

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 03:56:01 PM

I want to warn all. I sent a few coins on the market, but the balance is zero exbito.com is a scam. Be careful. Max REPOST https://twitter.com/pollystripe/status/591622333330288640
or you know maybe its because the blockchains stalled and nothings going anywhere.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
poncawarrior

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:11:08 PM

So your saying this wallet - - - v0.7.0.1-BITS - - - Is not GOOD???

IF thats the case - I sure wasted a lot of power cost on starting to mine this coin.

I want to thank you very much - and ask - PLZ stop trying to help save the rain forest
they way you work - you'll end up burning the whole thing down!!!!

or you can make things right give those of us who mined - a valid wallet and a email to send our addy too
so you can compensate us - FOR YOUR MESS-UP!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: