Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:41:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36401 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:12:58 PM

if the shriners had so much money that they could fork their hospital and destroy it at any time that would easily be considered to much.
if RFF recieves these 900k coins somehow, those coin represent only 0.9% of their total holdings. Meanwhile 900k is about a third of the publicly available coins. Whoever mined those coins deserves them, unless people think RFF having 100.9million coins which can create ~11million coins yearly is fine while the rest of the community gets left with 2.1million coins to hold/trade which will still be less than 3 million by this time next year?

Of course the RFF with this massive premine could fork the coin, but the question is why would they destroy their own charity like that?

The premine is a non-issue if we are led to believe the coins will mostly be sold OTC and most will never even hit the exchanges to be dumped. The big fear is Bryce and friends potentially having alot of the coins, but even that now has been surpassed by someone with 900k coins which is a 1/3rd of the mined "publics" supply.

It just seems to me like an irrational move to counter fear with even more fear on the part of the petahash miner.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xamido

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:42:12 PM

Finally market is opened. Have to wait for a few days before the price stabilized again. For now it's going to start real low.
findyou1337

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:56:30 PM

yeah lets get starting Smiley
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 04:56:54 PM

12 btc buy wall, if the 900k holder wants out now is his chance.
lar0che

Activity: 159

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:02:53 PM

if the shriners had so much money that they could fork their hospital and destroy it at any time that would easily be considered to much.
if RFF recieves these 900k coins somehow, those coin represent only 0.9% of their total holdings. Meanwhile 900k is about a third of the publicly available coins. Whoever mined those coins deserves them, unless people think RFF having 100.9million coins which can create ~11million coins yearly is fine while the rest of the community gets left with 2.1million coins to hold/trade which will still be less than 3 million by this time next year?

Of course the RFF with this massive premine could fork the coin, but the question is why would they destroy their own charity like that?

The premine is a non-issue if we are led to believe the coins will mostly be sold OTC and most will never even hit the exchanges to be dumped. The big fear is Bryce and friends potentially having alot of the coins, but even that now has been surpassed by someone with 900k coins which is a 1/3rd of the mined "publics" supply.

It just seems to me like an irrational move to counter fear with even more fear on the part of the petahash miner.

Whats really sad is that people believe its justified to exploit a system in that fashion.  The assume is that people are all in it for themselves and could care less about others.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of these alt coins is to promote digital currencies and alternatives to the current structured system.
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:05:16 PM

Whats really sad is that people believe its justified to exploit a system in that fashion.  The assume is that people are all in it for themselves and could care less about others.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of these alt coins is to promote digital currencies and alternatives to the current structured system.

That might be your point, but it isn't a lot of people's point. On another note, the market is back up.  Woot!
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:10:46 PM

The assume is that people are all in it for themselves and could care less about others.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of these alt coins is to promote digital currencies and alternatives to the current structured system.

Heh I have such disregard for the high number of slugs on this forum I would consider bitseeds to have done more for humanity than 95% of the alt coins on here even if every one trading loses his shirt and only 1 tree ever gets planted because of it .

That being said though I hope some of us can make some good money and the RF will raise some money too, win/win for all.
lar0che

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:12:28 PM

The assume is that people are all in it for themselves and could care less about others.  Correct me if I'm wrong but the whole point of these alt coins is to promote digital currencies and alternatives to the current structured system.

Heh I have such disregard for the high number of slugs on this forum I would consider bitseeds to have done more for humanity than 95% of the alt coins on here even if every one trading loses his shirt and only 1 tree ever gets planted because of it .

That being said though I hope some of us can make some good money and the RF will raise some money too, win/win for all.

Agreed

I am curious about the price point at $0.70 per coin, investors can actually gauge the value over a duration if there are subsequent investments.  Whats more interesting is that this foundation has a legitimate backing where as many do not.
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:26:14 PM

So is there a wallet anywhere ? Smiley
lcmines

Activity: 91

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:54:32 PM

So is there a wallet anywhere ? Smiley

nope. lol
kondiomir
Legendary

Activity: 1568

Twitter @Acimirov

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 05:55:04 PM

Nice!! Good job! Well done! Smiley
lar0che

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:44:01 PM

Anyway, who won the silent auction and what was their bid? I assume the foundation is going to be transparent about where their staked coins go and how much money they raise.

As soon as we get permission from the buyer to release their name, we will post it here. But I can tell you that we had 1 lot of 500 BitSeeds at auction. The bidding began at $250 and ended at $350. The person who bought had heard of crypto before, but didn't know much about it. They told me they ended up bidding because they believe the concept is great and we need more awareness in regards to the destruction happening to our rainforests around the world.

Are you going to post who the silent auction winner was?  Grin
lcmines

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 07:46:07 PM

Are you going to post who the silent auction winner was?

or links to working wallets, either would be coo, I guess.
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:01:55 PM

Trying to figure out why the market is back open on Bittrex but there's still no wallet to download, and the pools appear to be offline.

Have to assume it's a bad idea to open the older version from a couple of days ago, so I guess I'll wait for further info.  Huh
Kunfu

Activity: 214

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:02:10 PM

I just sent some coins from bs.maxminers.net to bittrex over 1hr still not show up, what is the problem
GabeBitSeeds

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 10:36:28 PM

We're trying to create the fix asap, please be patient with us.
garthkiser

Activity: 176

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:23:00 AM

For staking purposes, will it be beneficial to split wallet balances into multiple addresses?

lcmines

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 05:54:44 PM

Trying to figure out why the market is back open on Bittrex but there's still no wallet to download, and the pools appear to be offline.

Have to assume it's a bad idea to open the older version from a couple of days ago, so I guess I'll wait for further info.  Huh

Wait... If there’s no blockchain for Bitseeds, yet they are a tradable market on Bittrex. They are actually Trex-Shares, right?
Litoshi

Activity: 700

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 06:21:21 PM

Wait... If there’s no blockchain for Bitseeds, yet they are a tradable market on Bittrex. They are actually Trex-Shares, right?

All exchanges trade off block chain in order to avoid the trans fees.  They use internal ledgers to keep track of the balances.

They also often sell coins deposited by users, because they know that all users wont ever take all coins out at the same time, and they hope that the coin will go down in value, so when you do want your coins back, they can buy them for less.  Why do you think Bter pays 10% interest on deposits of most coins?

cryyptc

Activity: 98

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 07:25:37 PM

$XSEED @ 3300 SAVE THE TREEZZZ!!!! Wink WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: