Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:26:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36401 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 09:53:43 PM

$XSEED @ 3300 SAVE THE TREEZZZ!!!! Wink WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

it opened at 100,000 sats a week ago....... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danosphere
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 11:43:45 PM

I'm wondering about new wallet info since from the scope of the issue a new wallet will def need to be released and I want to get that ASAP so I can start staking for real please Smiley

Can we get some clarification on the new wallet / if its available? Also information on these resources should be consolidated:
- there is a git repo on github https://github.com/BitSeedsFoundation/BitSeeds
- another repo on sourceforge http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitseedsofficialrepository/
- link for the windows wallet on the homepage is a dead megacoinz link

Would be nice if all this was a bit better organized please.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
CryptoDustin

Activity: 153
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 03:12:35 AM

Look @ the volume on the open...104 coins. --> http://puu.sh/hr08V/2cacc36306.jpg
cryyptc

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

#BITCOIN4LIFE

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 04:05:02 AM

~+~XSEED~+~===> EPIK MONSTER BREWINGGGGG \\\\*TRVST ME*/////

jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:56:37 PM

Bryce, fix this friggin thing already what gives

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
DrMikefromHashtag

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:25:37 PM

Stop investing in Crap coins.

The guys/gals on my team avoid this because WE do our research and only trades coins with Devs we KNOW !!

I have 100+ guys doing 1000's of research on Coins. We avoid this mess. And, my guys sleep well at night.

You can make $$ in this game.

Dr Mike

PM me
or
Follow me on Twitter:
Doctor Mike
@DrMikesCoinTeam

"My team is buying the next 10x coin in May, Now!"

Making$$ everyday
Join drmikescointeam@yahoo.com
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:26:30 AM

Stop investing in Crap coins.

The guys/gals on my team avoid this because WE do our research and only trades coins with Devs we KNOW !!

I have 100+ guys doing 1000's of research on Coins. We avoid this mess. And, my guys sleep well at night.

You can make $$ in this game.

Dr Mike

PM me
or
Follow me on Twitter:
Doctor Mike
@DrMikesCoinTeam

"My team is buying the next 10x coin in May, Now!"

yes because no ones every heard of bryce or Sting or save the rainforest. quit patting yourself on the back, no one could have called this fallin apart randomly. and i didnt see you predict it either. get out.

AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:42:10 AM

People who know bryce and sting predicted this falling apart randomly before it even launched
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 02:45:46 AM

People who know bryce and sting predicted this falling apart randomly before it even launched
you might hope something put on by them will..

garthkiser

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:06:25 AM

yes because no ones every heard of bryce or Sting or save the rainforest. quit patting yourself on the back, no one could have called this fallin apart randomly. and i didnt see you predict it either. get out.
Hey, it's the altcoin market, and hey, it's the weekend. Anybody writing off Bitseeds so fast is gonna be sorry.......

Litoshi

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 03:17:47 AM

Hey, I posted on page one that this was going nowhere because there is no viable business plan.

Before getting involved in ANY investment, ask yourself these questions:

1) How is this making money for the originators (devs) of the project?

2) What is my return on investment time (ROI)?

3) Why, if the investment is so good, do they need my money/resources?

4) What is the track record of the originators/devs?

I did not get to be a 1% by making stupid investments. 

BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:25:17 PM

The mission of BitSeeds and the BitSeeds Foundation is to assist the Rainforest Foundation in their funding efforts.  The coin was launched in a manner to allow for public participation in the mining process.  A programmatic fix for the issues the blockchain now faces would take an unknown amount of time as the damage is truly unprecedented.  We invite the public to download the blockchain and see it for themselves.

For every moment the blockchain isn't moving, the BitSeeds Foundation cannot carry out its mission.  We feel very strongly that a solution must be created that not only gets the network operational in a short a time as possible, but is also fair and transparent to the community who has invested in the coin.  We do not want to duplicate the problems that were experienced in the first 7 days of the network.

Towards that end, we would appreciate community feedback on the following solution.

We intend to create a new blockchain with the exact same number of coins that had been generated on the network as of block 76300.  We are going to use the same blockchain parameters so old keys will still work.  Coins will be sent to the exact same addresses on the new blockchain as currently exist on the old blockchain.

Consider it an effective hard fork.

While proof-of-work mining was originally desirable, the nature of the cryptocurrency space no longer affords an energy efficient manner of proof-of-work mining that is also secure enough for long term use.  The space has simply evolved that quickly and that is a reality we must face.  There is the possibility of a multipool in the future to allow miners to still participate distribution.

We are truly sorry such an unfortunate set of events occurred that created the position in which we now find ourselves.  It is truly unprecedented in this space and the original blockchain will exist as a permanent testament to that fact.  We will be happy to provide it to anyone in the future for their own research.

BitSeeds was created to cause a disruption.  It already worked and we are just getting started.

Thank you for your patience and we welcome your feedback.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:44:32 PM

I think switching to POS is the right move for the coin and it is also very energy efficient which serves the mission of the project.
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 10:45:51 PM

we would appreciate community feedback on the following solution.

We intend to create a new blockchain with the exact same number of coins that had been generated on the network as of block 76300.  We are going to use the same blockchain parameters so old keys will still work.  Coins will be sent to the exact same addresses on the new blockchain as currently exist on the old blockchain.

Consider it an effective hard fork.

While proof-of-work mining was originally desirable, the nature of the cryptocurrency space no longer affords an energy efficient manner of proof-of-work mining that is also secure enough for long term use.  The space has simply evolved that quickly and that is a reality we must face.  There is the possibility of a multipool in the future to allow miners to still participate distribution.

So, what you're saying is you plan to release a new version of the wallet client that would disable proof of work and rely on only proof of stake from here onwards. And anyone who purchased or mined Bitseeds will still have their balance (and presumably would be able to receive any balances stuck on the pools)? 

While I was looking forward to continuing mining in the future, I don't have a problem with any of the above if it gets things up and running again.

What about the 900K+ mined by the person/people who attacked the network?  Looking at the rich list I have to assume they own most of the wallets in the top 10 aside from the Foundation's and one other one I recognize.  Any other changes happening beyond switching to POS only? Thanks for the update.
BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:16:08 PM

So, what you're saying is you plan to release a new version of the wallet client that would disable proof of work and rely on only proof of stake from here onwards. And anyone who purchased or mined Bitseeds will still have their balance (and presumably would be able to receive any balances stuck on the pools)? 

While I was looking forward to continuing mining in the future, I don't have a problem with any of the above if it gets things up and running again.

What about the 900K+ mined by the person/people who attacked the network?  Looking at the rich list I have to assume they own most of the wallets in the top 10 aside from the Foundation's and one other one I recognize.  Any other changes happening beyond switching to POS only? Thanks for the update.
You are essentially correct.

We are not concerned about the 900k coins.  Those individuals mined those coins at great expense.  They earned them.

While technically an "attack" as the blockchain was damaged, there is no evidence of malicious intent.
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 11:24:00 PM

You are essentially correct.

We are not concerned about the 900k coins.  Those individuals mined those coins at great expense.  They earned them.

While technically an "attack" as the blockchain was damaged, there is no evidence of malicious intent.

Yeah, I only used the term attack because it's how you guys have been referring to it. 

I'd love to verify this, but I swear there were times that massive hashing power was pointed towards mining on behalf of other wallets on the bitops - like they were gifting Bitseeds or something.  I was refreshing the page periodically during the early mining stages when I was mining on Bitops and I saw some weird jumps in hashing power that didn't make sense. Wish I'd taken screen shots.

Anyway, sounds fine to me.
GabeBitSeeds

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:10:04 AM

Hey if anyone is going to Inside Bitcoin NY tomorrow or Wed and would like to meet in person, reach out to me via PM or @BitSeeds twitter. I will be checking both all day and would definitely take some time to meet each person willing to.
Litoshi

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 12:59:28 AM

If your goal is to help the RF via this crypto then you will have to start over.  Keeping the current BC for POS is futile,  Less than 3 millon coins are owned outside of the  100 million "lock box".  1/3 of that is in the hands of the 130PH hasher.  This coin, as a POS only, is on a fast slide to 1 satoshi.  You will also be losing your network support, the coins will be dumped and the users abandoning your POS block chain for greener pastures.

If you want to run a crypto COIN, then you need to start over with a non-ASIC algo, like Keccak or Cryptonight.  Instead of a premine or genesis contribution of 100 million to the RF, you should allocate X number of coins per found block to RF. 

For instance, block is 100 XSEEDS, 95 XSEEDS go to finder of block, 5 XSEEDS go to RF.  You can still have POS along with POW. 

However........ If you really want to make money, and I mean real $$$, you should be developing DAPPs.  At Crypti, we are nearly finished with our Custom Block Chain project, and will be launching DAPPs on the bc. 

FOr more info, PM me, or check our BTT blog   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:27:06 AM

If your goal is to help the RF via this crypto then you will have to start over.  Keeping the current BC for POS is futile,  Less than 3 millon coins are owned outside of the  100 million "lock box".  1/3 of that is in the hands of the 130PH hasher.  This coin, as a POS only, is on a fast slide to 1 satoshi.  You will also be losing your network support, the coins will be dumped and the users abandoning your POS block chain for greener pastures.

If you want to run a crypto COIN, then you need to start over with a non-ASIC algo, like Keccak or Cryptonight.  Instead of a premine or genesis contribution of 100 million to the RF, you should allocate X number of coins per found block to RF. 

For instance, block is 100 XSEEDS, 95 XSEEDS go to finder of block, 5 XSEEDS go to RF.  You can still have POS along with POW. 

However........ If you really want to make money, and I mean real $$$, you should be developing DAPPs.  At Crypti, we are nearly finished with our Custom Block Chain project, and will be launching DAPPs on the bc. 

FOr more info, PM me, or check our BTT blog   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=654463

If he "starts over" its even more dead in the water as many people mined or (like myself) bought at great expense to be told our investment is gone overnight. Why would we come back then?

I don't see what the problem with POS is, the trend for all coins as of the last year has been to go POS and the increasingly shorter mining phases is just a means to an end.
Litoshi

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:48:27 AM

If he "starts over" its even more dead in the water as many people mined or (like myself) bought at great expense to be told our investment is gone overnight. Why would we come back then?

I don't see what the problem with POS is, the trend for all coins as of the last year has been to go POS and the increasingly shorter mining phases is just a means to an end.

The I will tell you again:

1) not enough coins out there to make it profitable to run a node

2) few or no transactions going through the BC,

3) Coin value can only go down due to "coin inflation" (more coins, no new demand)

4) This is a generation 1 coin; as outdated as analog cell phones, typewriters, and CRT monitors

5) no continued development of new features.

6) Most if not all POS coins, ala NXT, have ended up with most coins in the hands of only a few wallets.  Trading slows to a crawl or stops completely. 

What you are trying to say is "ITS NOT FAIR TO START OVER!!!!  I INVESTED TIME AND MONEY"  "I WANT MY MONEY BACK"

Well, this is business.  The devs made bad decisions, had bad code, and were taken advantage of.  OKAY.... the big bad ASIC farmer took advantage of the situation.  Thats life, and life is not fair.  Suck it up, commit it to memory, learn from your mistake, move on.

I have given my solution.  Your solution is "lets stick with POS, cuz I want to get something back, even if it takes 6 months and my coins are only worth 2 sats each"

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: