Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:55:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36401 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 04:50:15 PM

solid12345,

If you are interested in a REAL POS coin, come check out XCR, Crypti.  

We had our IPO in July.  We are in development of a DAPP system on Custom block chains. SOmething that the big boys at Etherium cant get straight.  We are nearly ready to launch the CBCs.

RIght now we run a DPOS system,  That is a Delegated POS.  For the astronomical sum of 100 XCR you can register as a delegate and enable forging int he block chain.  XCR costs about 1000 sats each on Poloniex right now.  YOU DONT NEED ANY OTHER XCR IN ORDER TO FORGE.  NO MINIMUM BALANCE IS REQUIRED.

What you do need is votes from the community.  1 vote per XCR.  Each node can vote for 101 delegates, with each getting 1 vote for each of the nodes XCR coins.  So a 10,000 XCR balance in a node/wallet has 10,000 votes times 101 delegates.  

Right now, things are kind of slow for the transactions, as we have not launched our DAPPs yet, but they are coming soon.  The price of XCR will likely hit 30K sats, as XCR will be a required part of using the DAPP network.  

Hahha I see the reason you dislike BitSeeds so much. Crypti has done horrible and is trading below BitSeeds even after almost 1yr launch. We've been out for 10 days and ran into a lot problems due to a miner with hash crypti only has wet dreams about. Please stop peddling your nonsense on this forum. It will be deleted in 1 day, I just want everyone to have a good laugh first.

Well then, aren't you an imbecile. I've never owned crypti or whatever, but if you're boasting that you and co. created a broken crypto that can't retarget properly and your claim to fame is someone is throwing a shitload of hash at it because they wanted to fuck over Bryce then that spells a pretty bleak future for this coin. RZR 2.0 incoming ...

No I (in a fit of rage) made fun of his coin for performing worse then ours even before we have issued a fix. It was a dumb and inconsiderate move. But speaking towards the hash power, no one has come forward and we have nothing that shows that it was a malicious attack. I also doubt any with hash power like that knows anything about Bryce. This wasn't someone who lost a little money on rzr or any other small time coin.

Speaking of small-time coins, it's hard to imagine anyone putting that much hash on $xseeds unless they had a vendetta against Bryce. Some actions can't be valued in monetary gains, but rather in the "lolz."

Looking forward to the future of Bitseeds, considering the dev can't handle BCT trolls without flying into a fit of rage. I'm impressed, Bryce found someone to work with who is worse at PR than even he is.

Ouch, I clicked enter one time without taking a breath and rereading my comment, let's not make it seem like something it's not. Tensions are a little high since we are in the midst of fixing this issue and we asked the community how they feel about the fix or if they have any other ideas. Let's get back on track and continue with that conversation, since it actually has a purpose, and isn't just more name calling.

The only conversation I want to have is about when the network will be up so I can finally dump the ~50k $XSEEDS that I mined in a 20 minute window on Max.Miners' pool, before they're worth less than my ridiculously low break even price.
Litoshi

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Member of the Crypti Foundation Board of Directors

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:08:09 PM

solid12345,

We had our IPO in July.  We are in development of a DAPP system on Custom block chains. SOmething that the big boys at Etherium cant get straight.  We are nearly ready to launch the CBCs.

RIght now we run a DPOS system,  That is a Delegated POS.  For the astronomical sum of 100 XCR you can register as a delegate and enable forging int he block chain.  XCR costs about 1000 sats each on Poloniex right now.  YOU DONT NEED ANY OTHER XCR IN ORDER TO FORGE.  NO MINIMUM BALANCE IS REQUIRED.

What you do need is votes from the community.  1 vote per XCR.  Each node can vote for 101 delegates, with each getting 1 vote for each of the nodes XCR coins.  So a 10,000 XCR balance in a node/wallet has 10,000 votes times 101 delegates.  

Right now, things are kind of slow for the transactions, as we have not launched our DAPPs yet, but they are coming soon.  The price of XCR will likely hit 30K sats, as XCR will be a required part of using the DAPP network.  

Hahha I see the reason you dislike BitSeeds so much. Crypti has done horrible and is trading below BitSeeds even after almost 1yr launch. We've been out for 10 days and ran into a lot problems due to a miner with hash crypti only has wet dreams about. Please stop peddling your nonsense on this forum. It will be deleted in 1 day, I just want everyone to have a good laugh first.

Well then, aren't you an imbecile. I've never owned crypti or whatever, but if you're boasting that you and co. created a broken crypto that can't retarget properly and your claim to fame is someone is throwing a shitload of hash at it because they wanted to fuck over Bryce then that spells a pretty bleak future for this coin. RZR 2.0 incoming ...

No I (in a fit of rage) made fun of his coin for performing worse then ours even before we have issued a fix. It was a dumb and inconsiderate move. But speaking towards the hash power, no one has come forward and we have nothing that shows that it was a malicious attack. I also doubt any with hash power like that knows anything about Bryce. This wasn't someone who lost a little money on rzr or any other small time coin.

Speaking of small-time coins, it's hard to imagine anyone putting that much hash on $xseeds unless they had a vendetta against Bryce. Some actions can't be valued in monetary gains, but rather in the "lolz."

Looking forward to the future of Bitseeds, considering the dev can't handle BCT trolls without flying into a fit of rage. I'm impressed, Bryce found someone to work with who is worse at PR than even he is.

Ouch, I clicked enter one time without taking a breath and rereading my comment, let's not make it seem like something it's not. Tensions are a little high since we are in the midst of fixing this issue and we asked the community how they feel about the fix or if they have any other ideas. Let's get back on track and continue with that conversation, since it actually has a purpose, and isn't just more name calling.

The only conversation I want to have is about when the network will be up so I can finally dump the ~50k $XSEEDS that I mined in a 20 minute window on Max.Miners' pool, before they're worth less than my ridiculously low break even price.

Looking at Bittrex, your 50K will sell for 2372 high and the last SEED sells for 1233 sats.

Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:35:35 PM

solid12345,

Looking at Bittrex, your 50K will sell for 2372 high and the last SEED sells for 1233 sats.

Well anything above 1k is still x2 profit from my mining rental expenses, so i'd be fine with that spread. The issue is not being able to send coins from my wallet to Bittrex because the network is in such a bad state.
GabeBitSeeds

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:52:37 PM

The new wallet will be out by Thursday. We should be ready to go into testing tonight.
BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 03:09:24 PM

The new network has been created and the coins are aging to maturity.

We will be relaunching as soon as possible.  Thank you for your patience.
lee_adama

Activity: 61
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 04:41:04 PM

"New Network" what happens to the coins on the current network ?
Kunfu

Activity: 214

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 05:33:37 PM

they are no good.. just delete the wallet
Litoshi

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 06:32:18 PM

They are relaunching with an new algo....... ROT13

AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 07:11:16 PM

Even I own more bitseed than the 24 hour volume, lol
Litoshi

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:51:54 PM

I have a proposal for any and all:

On Dec 31, News years Eve, I will send you 100K XSEED (current block chain coins) and you send me 100K XCR.  

You have to accept within 48 hrs.

Nobody took me up on this offer.  If you have real faith in this coin, you will.  If you know it is going to the bottom faster than a rock thrown in the ocean, you will be selling your XSEEDS as soon as possible.

worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 08:53:53 PM

they are no good.. just delete the wallet

This is incorrect. They said upthread that you'll retain your coins on the relaunched network.  Delete the wallet application but keep your wallet.

Even I own more bitseed than the 24 hour volume, lol

No one has been able to move coins on or off the exchange, so that's hardly surprising.
GabeBitSeeds

Activity: 42

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 11:54:41 PM

Just wanted to let you know that the reason this is taken a day longer then we said it would is because one of our team members had a family emergency. We hope everything is ok now. And the wallet should be out very soon.
E88

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 02, 2015, 02:13:11 AM

I have a proposal for any and all:

On Dec 31, News years Eve, I will send you 100K XSEED (current block chain coins) and you send me 100K XCR.  

You have to accept within 48 hrs.

Nobody took me up on this offer.  If you have real faith in this coin, you will.  If you know it is going to the bottom faster than a rock thrown in the ocean, you will be selling your XSEEDS as soon as possible.

$69 volume last 24 hours...Is this your strategy to generate volume for your coin... Back to the drawing board guy.

Should be pretty clear no one is interested in buying your coin.
BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:17:00 AM

All wallets have been successfully repopulated and a few blocks were successfully staked using the Foundation wallet.

We'll be creating a distributable release in the morning.
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 09:16:26 AM

All wallets have been successfully repopulated and a few blocks were successfully staked using the Foundation wallet.

Wow. The rich list sure looks completely different. 
BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:33:24 PM

Wow. The rich list sure looks completely different. 
That's the result of change addresses generated from the repopulation of the blockchain.  We decided it was best to implement the solution as simply as possible.

BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 04:41:18 PM

New wallets have been provided for both Windows and Linux.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/bitseedsofficialrepository/files/

Please uninstall your old wallet before installing the new one.  The previous blockchain files must be deleted.  Retain your "wallet.dat" file as that will unlock your funds on the new blockchain.

This project is a long term mission. Should the network have been tested such as this and had a larger user base, the results could have been catastrophic.

The previous blockchain has been added to the repo for fungibility and posterity.  Previous commits may be compiled and the blockchain reviewed by any interested party.

2,000,000BITS have been moved to 2 wallets from the BitSeeds Foundation custody amount for staking independently.  Additional amounts may be moved for staking should it be required.  

We encourage supporters to please stake their coins.

We cannot fully express our gratitude for your patience and understanding as we resolved this issue.  We look forward to serving you and the mission of the Rainforest Foundation.
garthkiser

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:16:25 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 06:19:48 PM by garthkiser

-edit: Fixed by deleting the BitSeeds directory and starting over Smiley

I was running the original BitSeeds client on a VPS, as I have limited bandwidth at home. I'm having problems with the new client, both with running the Linux client and building it from source. I'm getting errors with both. Here's when I build from source:

somebody@cryptoclients2:~/BitSeeds/src# make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -O2  -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/root/BitSeeds/src -I/root/BitSeeds/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -I/root/BitSeeds/src/leveldb/include -I/root/BitSeeds/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2  -MMD -MF obj/alert.d -o obj/alert.o alert.cpp
In file included from addrman.h:10:0,
                 from net.h:21,
                 from alert.cpp:13:
sync.h:9:26: fatal error: threadsafety.h: No such file or directory
 #include "threadsafety.h"
                          ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/alert.o] Error 1

And here's when I try to run the Linux client:

somebody@cryptoclients2:~# ./bitseedsd &
[1] 11297
somebody@cryptoclients2:~# ./bitseedsd: error while loading shared libraries: libdb_cxx-4.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

[1]+  Exit 127                ./bitseedsd

Anybody seen this before?

BitSeedsFoundation (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:22:14 PM

It looks like a bad pull of the repo.

Do a "git pull" and make sure you got everything.
garthkiser

Activity: 176

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 05:34:48 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 06:17:34 PM by garthkiser

It looks like a bad pull of the repo.

Do a "git pull" and make sure you got everything.

All is fine now, thanks!

OK, Deleted the BitSeeds directory: rm -r BitSeeds

Cloned the repository again: git clone https://github.com/BitSeedsFoundation/BitSeeds.git

Checked "git pull":

somebody@cryptoclients2:~/BitSeeds# git pull
Already up-to-date.

And it's compiling Smiley

And I notice that the Windows version is 32-bit, so I assume that the Linux version is too, which is probably why it won't run on my VPS.

I have a feeling that the BitSeeds crew has had a very rough week with little sleep. Thanks for going through all this to maintain blockchain integrity. It will pay off in many ways, as this remains a great project.

Each and every one of my BitSeeds is accounted for:
Code:
 "version" : "v1.1.0.0-g",
    "protocolversion" : 70000,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 15510.97710135,
    "newmint" : 0.00000000,
    "stake" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 500,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 103004539.83600000,
    "connections" : 2,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "104.236.69.105",
    "difficulty" : {
        "proof-of-work" : 0.00004437,
        "proof-of-stake" : 0.00001526

Thanks! This node will remain running at this IP long term.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: