Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 11:45:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36401 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
garthkiser

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 12:43:38 PM

Not sure how this is possible:
Code:
 "netstakeweight" : 12651868061290346

Doesn't that mean 126 million staking coins on the network? Or am I missing something?

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 10:07:10 PM

Is it moon seed time?

http://1800recycling.com/2015/05/bitseeds-currency-of-forest
lcmines

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 03:57:14 PM

Would the Dev(s) kindly consider changing the block time or find away to smooth out the rate? Would surely benefit any future commerce plans.
steskoff

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 27, 2015, 04:18:15 PM

Esta moneda parece muerta!!!
Con lo bien que empezó, es una lastima..

El dev ni se preocupa de actualizar, publicar, dar noticias de como va el proyecto...
en la pagina principal falta indicar que hay una version para Mac..............

No lo entiendo  Angry
es incomprensible  Huh

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 10:32:02 PM

I'm surprised this didn't get posted here yet

https://coinreport.net/will-bitseeds-xseed-germinate-terminate/

There has been interest, however. Suzanne Pelletier of the RFF tells me 500 BitSeeds were successfully auctioned for $0.70 per BitSeed. This occurred at a United Nations luncheon in New York City recently. Influential philanthropist Alex Soros also expressed his interest in the project. Payment processor Coin.co is collaborating with BitSeeds to help process the transactions of BitSeeds.

AKA George Soros's son...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Soros
Pyramusx

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2015, 09:21:21 PM

Esta moneda parece muerta!!!
Con lo bien que empezó, es una lastima..

El dev ni se preocupa de actualizar, publicar, dar noticias de como va el proyecto...
en la pagina principal falta indicar que hay una version para Mac..............

No lo entiendo  Angry
es incomprensible  Huh

El dev es Bryce Weiner. A Bryce no le importa dar noticias sobre sus proyectos. Muchos en la communidad de crypto ya saben como el trabaja, entonces nada de esto le viene de sorpresa a nadie. Pero el proyecto no esta muerto. A la organzacion que esta detras de BitSeeds, the Rain Forest Foundation, se le puede tener confianza.

GabeBitSeedsReal

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 01:51:33 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that for no reason and absolutely out of nowhere my account 'GabeBitSeeds' has been banned from BTC. This happened after they got hacked and made me change my pw. Upon changing it I was banned and cannot get back in. I have emailed them a few times now asking why, but have not received any responses. After googling banned from bitcointalk I have read many posts about other people being banned for no reason as well, some accounts were even hacked and are still being used, but not by the original owner. Just in case 'GabeBitSeeds' starts posting that is not me. If I ever get my account back I will tell everyone on twitter first using the @bitseeds handle. Until then I will not be using bitcointalk anymore since these weird issues have made me uneasy. Any questions can be sent to @bitseeds on twitter or sent to our reddit page reddit.com/r/bitseeds.
lcmines

Activity: 91

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 03:10:42 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know that for no reason and absolutely out of nowhere my account 'GabeBitSeeds' has been banned from BTC. This happened after they got hacked and made me change my pw. Upon changing it I was banned and cannot get back in. I have emailed them a few times now asking why, but have not received any responses. After googling banned from bitcointalk I have read many posts about other people being banned for no reason as well, some accounts were even hacked and are still being used, but not by the original owner. Just in case 'GabeBitSeeds' starts posting that is not me. If I ever get my account back I will tell everyone on twitter first using the @bitseeds handle. Until then I will not be using bitcointalk anymore since these weird issues have made me uneasy. Any questions can be sent to @bitseeds on twitter or sent to our reddit page reddit.com/r/bitseeds.

I put the above in Google Translate. It spit this out:

"I know that there has only been 49 blocks in over 11 days and zero blocks in the past four days... But I really don't want to talk about it. We will be continuing this radio silence on both Twitter and Reddit."
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:19:31 PM

I put the above in Google Translate. It spit this out:

"I know that there has only been 49 blocks in over 11 days and zero blocks in the past four days... But I really don't want to talk about it. We will be continuing this radio silence on both Twitter and Reddit."

I've tried to be patient, invested quite a bit of money into this and I understand there were powerful outside forces working against this project from day 1 but the communication is terrible, and the network is NOT repaired.
garthkiser

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 04, 2015, 11:25:42 PM

With the current state of the distribution, this project is going nowhere. The Rainforest Foundation needs to somehow distribute a portion of their 100-million XSEEDs.

worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 12:11:07 AM

With the current state of the distribution, this project is going nowhere. The Rainforest Foundation needs to somehow distribute a portion of their 100-million XSEEDs.

They're already planning to have multiple giveaways.  Gabe posted about it close to two weeks ago when Bitcointalk was down:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitSeeds/comments/36vjps/future_plans_bct_is_down_so_well_be_posting_here/

I have to take partial responsibility for the radio silence. I spoke with Gabe on the phone last month about some plans we're working on together including multiple giveaways. I had some info I needed to post relating to it, but was delayed due to some technical problems and a couple of unrelated issues that held up my production schedule.  Anyway, check the link above. 

If Gabe ends up not posting here much in the future, I'll pick up some of the slack and pass on what info I have to keep things updated. 
solid12345
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 02:41:45 AM

Hi worth, I've seen you on twitter and good to know you will fill in, I like the idea you posted on the reddit to giveaway bitseeds via your newsletter, literally "seeding" the coins out if you will. One of the big problems with crypto has always been to break out of the bubble we have here on btctalk and get these currencies into the real world, it is things like this that can help do that, it always irritates me when I think how much money is wasted on Bitcoin conferences for pundits to talk amongst themselves when that money could be better spent distributing Bitcoin to the wider world. I also think the tax exemption status of this coin is something that should be more stressed as well, especially as Bitcoin is going more mainstream and regulated.

Anyway my brain is fried after a long day but I'm willing to help out anyway I can, I'm @mikegeister on twitter.
worth

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:26:39 AM

Hi worth, I've seen you on twitter and good to know you will fill in, I like the idea you posted on the reddit to giveaway bitseeds via your newsletter, literally "seeding" the coins out if you will. One of the big problems with crypto has always been to break out of the bubble we have here on btctalk and get these currencies into the real world, it is things like this that can help do that, it always irritates me when I think how much money is wasted on Bitcoin conferences for pundits to talk amongst themselves when that money could be better spent distributing Bitcoin to the wider world. I also think the tax exemption status of this coin is something that should be more stressed as well, especially as Bitcoin is going more mainstream and regulated.

Anyway my brain is fried after a long day but I'm willing to help out anyway I can, I'm @mikegeister on twitter.

Hi Mike; while I didn't connect it until I looked at your Twitter profile, I've seen you there too - you're on my crypto Twitter list and you're following me.

If you think my giveaway idea is literally "seeding" the coins, wait until Gabe talks about the unique way that the Rainforest Foundation will be putting Bitseeds into people's hands. It's 100% literally seeding it, and it's a really cool idea.  

The idea behind the videos and the giveaway (and really, the idea behind Bitseeds itself) is to get out of the Bitcointalk bubble and to a more mainstream audience. The involvement of the Rainforest Foundation is key to this, and the tax benefit to merchants (on top of the standard crypto cost savings of avoiding credit card fees) are a real tangible incentive to drive adoption.  

A couple of my videos will address some of these points as you'll see in a few days once they're available.
worth

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 05:31:16 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2015, 09:29:25 AM by worth

By the way, anyone holding Bitseeds should open their wallets and leave them running. Not enough people are contributing right now and that's the reason the network isn't moving normally.  I'm doing my part to help out by leaving my wallet running at all times when my main computer is awake.  

All my current funds are tied up with that wallet but thinking I'm going to buy a few thousand more and load them into a wallet on my Mac Mini media server and let that one run 24/7.
worth

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:10:45 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2015, 11:52:17 PM by worth

Sunday night update on the video lessons: currently have 12 lessons recorded and in post-production. It's early evening Sunday here as I write this; I should finish editing them tonight and will be uploading them as they become ready.  Have one other video I still want to shoot which I should be able to do tomorrow afternoon.  

Will post links and any other updates in the next day or so.

Tuesday Update: Was a little overly optimistic on free time for my post-production.
Have half the videos exported and the other half need a few minutes work each to finish the editing (the remaining 6 videos are each about 90% done and just need the call-outs added before exporting).
Have my afternoon & evening schedule dedicated to this and will finish them up and upload.  Have one more short video to record still as mentioned above; will try to get that in the can today as well and I'll keep the thread updated.
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 05:33:05 PM

I apologize for the radio silence, but we are in the middle of an employee transition. Also BCT hasnt given me any reasons on why they banned my original acct, so I don'y feel that comfortable using this forum as the main source of info on BitSeeds. Not only do we have these instructional videos coming out, but we will also be in-fluxing a large amount of BitSeeds back into the community.

If anyone knows or is an altcoin dev that would be interested in working part/full time please email gabe@bitseeds.org

worth

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:51:29 AM

OK, Wednesday AM update:  

I've uploaded a dozen lessons to YouTube and I've got one more quick one to shoot after I coordinate a couple of things with Gabe. What we have so far, however, is a complete intro course to crypto wallets, designed for mainstream people outside of the crypto community.

Because of the nature of the coin, the giveaway and the YouTube course release will expose thousands of new people to cryptocurrency both from my international (25,000+ person) computer training newsletter, as well as the many fans and supporters of the Rainforest Foundation.  

Here's a list of the videos so far:

• How to Download the Bitseeds Wallet
  • How to Install the Wallet on a Windows PC
  • How to Install the Wallet on a Mac
  • Running the Bitseeds Wallet the First Time
  • Overview of the Bitseed Wallet
  • The Receive Tab: How to Use the Wallet App to Get Cryptocurrency
  • How to Use Your Wallet to Send Money
  • Using The Wallet's Transactions Tab
  • How to Use the Address Book
  • How to Encrypt & Protect the Cryptocurrency in Your Wallet
  • How to Back Up Your Wallet
  • Suggested Settings for the Bitseeds Wallet

Anyone with questions feel free to ask.
steskoff

Activity: 83

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 04:36:50 PM

Muy contento de que aya actividad de nuevo  Smiley Smiley

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
worth

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 02:11:20 AM

Muy contento de que aya actividad de nuevo  Smiley Smiley

I'm happy to see progress with the project, too!
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 06:04:08 PM
Last edit: June 11, 2015, 07:45:19 PM by GabeBitSeedsReal

Bryce Weiner is no longer associated with this project. We are in the middle of hiring a new developer. I will be posting a statement in the following days outlining what happened on our reddit.com/bitseeds. Bryce Weiner has access to the "BitSeedsFoundation" handle on BCT, just to let everyone know. As soon as we transition we will start the instructional video giveaways and more. Like any project, I wish I knew when I started this, what I know now.

Thanks for your support,
Gabe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: