Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:26:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36403 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
silverstacker

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2015, 08:21:27 PM

This is terrible news Bruce is one of the most experienced devs and respected members of the crypto community.

Ccexicocartel

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:29:00 PM

Bryce Weiner is no longer associated with this project. We are in the middle of hiring a new developer. I will be posting a statement in the following days outlining what happened on our reddit.com/bitseeds. Bryce Weiner has access to the "BitSeedsFoundation" handle on BCT, just to let everyone know. As soon as we transition we will start the instructional video giveaways and more. Like any project, I wish I knew when I started this, what I know now.

Thanks for your support,
Gabe

Bryce is a charlatan, and I'm pretty sure we all warned you about this.  But enough of that, this is wonderful news!!  I think I just jizzed my pants.
ktfutura

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:40:18 PM

Bryce Weiner is no longer associated with this project. We are in the middle of hiring a new developer. I will be posting a statement in the following days outlining what happened on our reddit.com/bitseeds. Bryce Weiner has access to the "BitSeedsFoundation" handle on BCT, just to let everyone know. As soon as we transition we will start the instructional video giveaways and more. Like any project, I wish I knew when I started this, what I know now.

Thanks for your support,
Gabe

"Like any project, I wish I knew when I started this, what I know now."

Please explain. I have a substantial amount of XSEED and would like to know what the situation is.

I only bought into this project because of the Bryce Weiner brand name.
GabeBitSeedsReal

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:46:43 PM

Thanks for your support,
Gabe

Please explain. I have a substantial amount of XSEED and would like to know what the situation is.

If you bought into this because of just Bryce then I would suggest cashing out if you can, since he will no longer be a part of this project. My statement is just hindsight. I would have done many things different if I was able to redo everything, but I'm sure that true about any project.
Ccexicocartel

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 08:49:37 PM

Thanks for your support,
Gabe

If you bought into this because of just Bryce then I would suggest cashing out if you can, since he will no longer be a part of this project. My statement is just hindsight. I would have done many things different if I was able to redo everything, but I'm sure that true about any project.

He was joking.  "I bought this because of Bryce" said nobody ever.
Jubes

Activity: 7

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 09:10:52 PM

Thanks for your support,
Gabe

Fantastic!! Cut out the cancer, now the healing can begin.
AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:31:43 PM

That's the best news this coin could get
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:37:12 PM

We are actively looking for altcoin devs and if anyone knows 1 or is 1 please email gabe@bitseeds.org
delong

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:38:19 PM

Thanks for your support,
Gabe

Bryce is a charlatan...

Yeah, I believed the bullshit Bryce spewed for longer than I should've, I will ashamedly admit.  He's gifted when it comes to describing pie-in-the-sky shite, but none of it has ever come close to fruition.  Looking back on his grandiose or just plain false claims/plans for XPD, RZR, XDQ, NAUT, etc... I feel naive thinking that he'd ever be a good thing long-term for any coin, and I'm quite glad he's off of this project.

I'm looking forward to better/more frequent communication from Gabe, et al... This coin deserves to be saved.
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 10:43:56 PM

It seems as if Bryce has taken down the explorer and richlist. While we search and interview for replacement devs, would anyone in the community be willing to help out?
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:26:07 PM

It seems as if Bryce has taken down the explorer and richlist. While we search and interview for replacement devs, would anyone in the community be willing to help out?

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/faq.dws  is a really good explorer to look into

worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
June 11, 2015, 11:50:39 PM

Just spoke with Gabe on the phone and hadn't heard anything about the issue with Bryce until about 45 minutes ago. I just reached out to someone who might be able to help out with the developer work, but if anyone has suggestions please speak up.

I have all my videos queued up privately on YouTube and we'll still be going ahead with the giveaway and other promotions as soon as the dev issue is straightened out. We'll keep everyone posted as things progress and soon we'll have all the growing pains behind us.
Pyramusx

Activity: 379
Merit: 250

Following on Twitter @pyramusx

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2015, 01:32:38 AM

Hey Gabe! Feel free to reach out to me if you ever need help with anything. I am no crypto-dev, but I am sure there would always be other ways to help. My twitter handle is @pyramuscrypto. I believe Bryce may have mentioned me before at some point but I work at BrandYourself, and I know you know some folks there Smiley I even mentioned you and your project recently to Evan Watson in a short conversation while going up the elevator of the new offices (well, slightly new). I am new there so I wasn't an employee when they were still at your former space.

Ccexicocartel

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:16:04 PM

Lol, Bryce took down the blockexplorer with no warning....  Scorched Earth rage quit, aye?  Looking forward to your explanation of what went down, Gabe. The community needs your transparency through this struggle.
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 12, 2015, 04:58:22 PM

I have been from the beginning as transparent as possible and that will continue throughout this project. As soon as I have more information for you guys I will post it. I dont want to bad talk Bryce, because there is just no need to. We had to part ways and we hope he finds another project to work on.

I have been talking with a few devs over the past couple of days and we're trying to figure the best way to move on from this. The community wants mining and we're figuring out how to deliver on that. We have many giveback programs coming and also Worth's instructional videos (which I've seen, they are awesome and educational). This project was built with the community in mind from the beginning and we'd love your ideas on how we can make it better. Any idea given by a community member that we implement will be rewarded. Looking forward to all your ideas and suggestions!
AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 03:51:25 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 05:23:00 PM by AtlasONo

I will be posting a statement in the following days outlining what happened on our reddit.com/r/bitseeds.
Thanks for your support,
Gabe

Get on with it then, we want the story.
Ccexicocartel

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 04:12:09 PM

I have been from the beginning as transparent as possible and that will continue throughout this project. As soon as I have more information for you guys I will post it. I dont want to bad talk Bryce, because there is just no need to. We had to part ways and we hope he finds another project to work on.

I have been talking with a few devs over the past couple of days and we're trying to figure the best way to move on from this. The community wants mining and we're figuring out how to deliver on that. We have many giveback programs coming and also Worth's instructional videos (which I've seen, they are awesome and educational). This project was built with the community in mind from the beginning and we'd love your ideas on how we can make it better. Any idea given by a community member that we implement will be rewarded. Looking forward to all your ideas and suggestions!

Feel free to talk badly about Bryce. Literally nobody likes him, for obvious reasons.
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 07:40:48 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 08:21:05 PM by GabeBitSeedsReal

Here is how Bryce ended up working with us..

This project started in end of April 2014, when I came up with the concept. I approached Rainforest Fdtn (RF) about it on May 2nd. Our first call was over 3 hours long, because they had never even heard of Bitcoin. So for months we discussed and outlined the way this project would work.

I started looking for a dev in June, by attending Bitcoin meetups in NY. That is where I met Coin.co and pitched them on the idea which they loved and wanted to be a part of it also. I also met a dev there that was interested in the project and we started discussing details for about a month. He ended up not being what we were looking for so we parted ways, but around that time (end of July 2014), I met a dev by the name of Joseph who had gotten a job working at Blocktech.

Joseph introduced me to Devon Read the CEO of Blocktech on 8/8/14 through email. We started discussing the project and he seemed very enthusiastic and offered to have Blocktech build the coin for us.

We spoke for about a month on the coin specifics etc. The original coin specifics were VERY different. The premine was only supposed to be 12.5mil (1.25% of total coins), 5% interest PoS. RF was under a sell schedule that looked like.. at $1.50 they could sell 2% of their premine at $3 another 2% etc. If they went through their entire sell schedule they would yield around 1.5bil which was needed for the planting of the 1bil trees.

Devon Read introduced me to Bryce Weiner in the beginning of September 2014 and said that he'd be taking over the project. Bryce really understood the concept and our vision at first, and he was very excited to be a part of this. So it went that contracts were done up and we started to get to work.

From Sept to Dec we focused on logo, motto, colors, site plan, designs etc. Bryce assured me that the coin would not take longer than a few weeks to build and test, so whenever we were ready with everything he could have it done as soon as we needed it.

When we cycled back to Bryce in Dec he had already left Blocktech, but told me that they parted ways but were amicable and that he was still very interested in doing the coin. It wasnt until Jan/Feb that we became aware of Bryce's negative google results. But by this time we were all invested in the project and he assured us that what was written was not true about him. I have to say at this time Bryce was definitely helping in sculpting the idea of the coin and ways to get it out there. He never came off as malicious or evil as some people have pointed him out to be. We just chalked it up to people hating in the forums, because they lost money and Bryce was the only one that was "named" to those specific coins.

Around the same time (February) our front end dev had personal issues and had to leave the project. I searched for a new dev and found one (March) that is a friend of mine and has done front end dev work on some of my past projects. At this time Bryce came up with a new coin structure (the one we went with), and told us that these were much better coin features. He assured us that the 10% interest and the large premine would benefit RF because they would make BitSeeds that they can pass off to donors every year. Oh also the large premine was actually going to be given back to the community in the form of 1mil coins every year.

We came up with the concept of gifting BitSeeds to donors. This way we wouldn't have to sell BitSeeds into the market and lower the price for everyone else. The type of donors RF gets is usually very affluent people who instead of receiving a tote bag for their donation would appreciate getting BitSeeds that they would be able to spend at participating merchants.

We came up with a great idea for merchants. As you all know CC companies take about 3% from every transaction online and if you accept Bitcoin you don't pay those fees. Well what we decided to do with BitSeeds, is take 1.25% from every transaction and put that amount in the merchants charity wallet. That wallet is restricted for 1 year. During this time the wallet is being vested (just like if your compnay pays out bonuses in stock). At the end of the 1 year the merchant can request to sell that amount in that wallet and that amount gets donated to a charity and that charity then writes a tax receipt for write off purposes to the merchant. (For example shoeking.com accepts BitSeeds, someone makes a purchase for $100, the merchant gets $98.75 and the remaining $1.25 stays as BitSeeds and gets transferred to shoeking.com charity wallet. At the end of the 1 year shoeking.com requests to sell the wallet. We sell the wallet and donate the amount, which should now be more then $1.25 because its been a year and we expect the price of the coin to go up with time. We donate the amount to a charity the merchant requests or one from our list of participating charities. The charity that received the amount lets say $2.50 worth (if the coin doubled in the year) would then write a tax receipt so shoeking.com could write off $2.50 for charity. Besides that the merchant would receive backlinks from us and RF and a badge that says they are a participating merchant helping the environment and our plant a billion initiative.

Our site was done in April and so was the new coin Bryce had envisioned. We finished our PR and started sending it out. Coindesk.com did the first writeup and that night (4/17/15) we launched. The next day is when we got the extreme hashrate and the coins difficulty settings didn't adjust the way they should of and so we had the issue that we were dealing with here.

About 2 weeks ago I asked Bryce if he knew anyone for social media. He answered the next day that he knew someone, but that didn't pan out. The following day Bryce was saying things that I won't mention, because it doesn't have to do with BitSeeds, but let's just say that that day is when I started looking for a new dev. My conversations with Bryce over the past 2 weeks were like speaking with a different person. Not the same jovial guy that has worked and helped on this project for the past 9 months. He has been rude and very belittling. I stopped feeling comfortable with him being the main dev and that is when I wrote that post that he is no longer associated with this project.

I have asked him multiple times over the past few weeks to provide me with the private keys needed for this project and he has not obliged. I now feel that he is holding this coin hostage. Whenever we find a new dev our plan is to have him write a new coin for us and reimburse all the wallets with new coins. With this new coin we'd be able to have mining again with difficulty settings that actually adjust when they're supposed to. Many of you have expressed positive posts because we have ended our relationship with Bryce, and we hope you understand why we believe we need a new coin not written by him. This project right now is in its infancy and these types of changes are better suited now then later. I have already spoken to a few devs that are all giving us their ideas on how to rebuild this coin.

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions, like I said before we will reward you with BitSeeds if we implement your ideas. Worth's instructional videos and our giveaways are ready to go and are just waiting on a new codebase to be launched. We appreciate your patience and support in this transition.

Thanks,
Gabe
worth

Activity: 558

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 08:32:14 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2015, 09:03:13 PM by worth

Well, this is fun.  I always tried to maintain a neutral position on Bryce since I don't like judging people on hearsay. Getting a little more difficult to do these days.  

Yeah, I'm ready and standing by on my end to help out with the project as much as I can. Once things are moving again, my videos are uploaded and waiting on YouTube and saved as a draft post on my website.  Just got to keep moving forward and put the problems behind us.
Ccexicocartel

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:12:25 PM

Here is how Bryce ended up working with us..

This project started in end of April 2014, when I came up with the concept. I approached Rainforest Fdtn (RF) about it on May 2nd. Our first call was over 3 hours long, because they had never even heard of Bitcoin. So for months we discussed and outlined the way this project would work.

I started looking for a dev in June, by attending Bitcoin meetups in NY. That is where I met Coin.co and pitched them on the idea which they loved and wanted to be a part of it also. I also met a dev there that was interested in the project and we started discussing details for about a month. He ended up not being what we were looking for so we parted ways, but around that time (end of July 2014), I met a dev by the name of Joseph who had gotten a job working at Blocktech.

Joseph introduced me to Devon Read the CEO of Blocktech on 8/8/14 through email. We started discussing the project and he seemed very enthusiastic and offered to have Blocktech build the coin for us.

We spoke for about a month on the coin specifics etc. The original coin specifics were VERY different. The premine was only supposed to be 12.5mil (1.25% of total coins), 5% interest PoS. RF was under a sell schedule that looked like.. at $1.50 they could sell 2% of their premine at $3 another 2% etc. If they went through their entire sell schedule they would yield around 1.5bil which was needed for the planting of the 1bil trees.

Devon Read introduced me to Bryce Weiner in the beginning of September 2014 and said that he'd be taking over the project. Bryce really understood the concept and our vision at first, and he was very excited to be a part of this. So it went that contracts were done up and we started to get to work.

From Sept to Dec we focused on logo, motto, colors, site plan, designs etc. Bryce assured me that the coin would not take longer than a few weeks to build and test, so whenever we were ready with everything he could have it done as soon as we needed it.

When we cycled back to Bryce in Dec he had already left Blocktech, but told me that they parted ways but were amicable and that he was still very interested in doing the coin. It wasnt until Jan/Feb that we became aware of Bryce's negative google results. But by this time we were all invested in the project and he assured us that what was written was not true about him. I have to say at this time Bryce was definitely helping in sculpting the idea of the coin and ways to get it out there. He never came off as malicious or evil as some people have pointed him out to be. We just chalked it up to people hating in the forums, because they lost money and Bryce was the only one that was "named" to those specific coins.

Around the same time (February) our front end dev had personal issues and had to leave the project. I searched for a new dev and found one (March) that is a friend of mine and has done front end dev work on some of my past projects. At this time Bryce came up with a new coin structure (the one we went with), and told us that these were much better coin features. He assured us that the 10% interest and the large premine would benefit RF because they would make BitSeeds that they can pass off to donors every year. Oh also the large premine was actually going to be given back to the community in the form of 1mil coins every year.

We came up with the concept of gifting BitSeeds to donors. This way we wouldn't have to sell BitSeeds into the market and lower the price for everyone else. The type of donors RF gets is usually very affluent people who instead of receiving a tote bag for their donation would appreciate getting BitSeeds that they would be able to spend at participating merchants.

We came up with a great idea for merchants. As you all know CC companies take about 3% from every transaction online and if you accept Bitcoin you don't pay those fees. Well what we decided to do with BitSeeds, is take 1.25% from every transaction and put that amount in the merchants charity wallet. That wallet is restricted for 1 year. During this time the wallet is being vested (just like if your compnay pays out bonuses in stock). At the end of the 1 year the merchant can request to sell that amount in that wallet and that amount gets donated to a charity and that charity then writes a tax receipt for write off purposes to the merchant. (For example shoeking.com accepts BitSeeds, someone makes a purchase for $100, the merchant gets $98.75 and the remaining $1.25 stays as BitSeeds and gets transferred to shoeking.com charity wallet. At the end of the 1 year shoeking.com requests to sell the wallet. We sell the wallet and donate the amount, which should now be more then $1.25 because its been a year and we expect the price of the coin to go up with time. We donate the amount to a charity the merchant requests or one from our list of participating charities. The charity that received the amount lets say $2.50 worth (if the coin doubled in the year) would then write a tax receipt so shoeking.com could write off $2.50 for charity. Besides that the merchant would receive backlinks from us and RF and a badge that says they are a participating merchant helping the environment and our plant a billion initiative.

Our site was done in April and so was the new coin Bryce had envisioned. We finished our PR and started sending it out. Coindesk.com did the first writeup and that night (4/17/15) we launched. The next day is when we got the extreme hashrate and the coins difficulty settings didn't adjust the way they should of and so we had the issue that we were dealing with here.

About 2 weeks ago I asked Bryce if he knew anyone for social media. He answered the next day that he knew someone, but that didn't pan out. The following day Bryce was saying things that I won't mention, because it doesn't have to do with BitSeeds, but let's just say that that day is when I started looking for a new dev. My conversations with Bryce over the past 2 weeks were like speaking with a different person. Not the same jovial guy that has worked and helped on this project for the past 9 months. He has been rude and very belittling. I stopped feeling comfortable with him being the main dev and that is when I wrote that post that he is no longer associated with this project.

I have asked him multiple times over the past few weeks to provide me with the private keys needed for this project and he has not obliged. I now feel that he is holding this coin hostage. Whenever we find a new dev our plan is to have him write a new coin for us and reimburse all the wallets with new coins. With this new coin we'd be able to have mining again with difficulty settings that actually adjust when they're supposed to. Many of you have expressed positive posts because we have ended our relationship with Bryce, and we hope you understand why we believe we need a new coin not written by him. This project right now is in its infancy and these types of changes are better suited now then later. I have already spoken to a few devs that are all giving us their ideas on how to rebuild this coin.

If any of you have any ideas or suggestions, like I said before we will reward you with BitSeeds if we implement your ideas. Worth's instructional videos and our giveaways are ready to go and are just waiting on a new codebase to be launched. We appreciate your patience and support in this transition.

Thanks,
Gabe

I'm glad we have someone like you on with the project, Gabe.  Bryce has scammed a lot of people here, and you aren't the first one he's tricked--don't feel bad. In the end though, his true colours always bleed through.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: