Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:00:49 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Network Repaired][ANN][BITS] BitSeeds - A Currency that Grows!  (Read 36403 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
silverstacker

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2015, 09:23:35 PM

so what exactly did Bryce say that made you want to look for a new dev ?

And how will all the people who currently hold xseeds exchange them for the new tokens ?
delong

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:30:19 PM

i think my main concern is having new mining water down the already-tenuous value my mined coins have... will you be making sure that early miners aren't punished by allowing new mining that dilutes the coin supply?

GabeBitSeedsReal

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:40:48 PM

And how will all the people who currently hold xseeds exchange them for the new tokens ?

We are currently working on a few ways. One way we discussed is you'd email us with your public key. We'd then reply to that email with a specific # of BitSeeds and our public key. You'd then send that specific amount to us and we'd be able to confirm that you are in fact the holder of that wallet. You'd then supply the new public key for the new BitSeeds and we'd reimburse the exact amount you had in your old wallet.

If anyone has a better way, please let us know.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:43:00 PM

i think my main concern is having new mining water down the already-tenuous value my mined coins have... will you be making sure that early miners aren't punished by allowing new mining that dilutes the coin supply?

One way to deal with this I think is to lower the premine as originally intended and consider those extra coins "mineable", just an opinion though.
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 09:52:33 PM

Yes, we obviously do not want to punish our early adopters. We will be coming up with a mining schedule that should not decrease the value of your existing BitSeeds. We also will be releasing a lot more content/ideas that should theoretically raise the price of BitSeeds for everyone. 
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:08:14 PM

One way to deal with this I think is to lower the premine as originally intended and consider those extra coins "mineable", just an opinion though.

The premine is the community's. I have already stated that we were planning on giving back 1mil of the 100mil every year. The 1mil will be divided up by the % of your wallet compared to the outstanding amount (not including the RF wallet).
delong

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:16:38 PM

Yes, we obviously do not want to punish our early adopters. We will be coming up with a mining schedule that should not decrease the value of your existing BitSeeds. We also will be releasing a lot more content/ideas that should theoretically raise the price of BitSeeds for everyone. 

Thanks for the fast reply, I'm looking forward to hearing the new ideas now that the air has been cleared... Here's hoping that Bitseeds can move forward now!
worth

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:27:00 PM

We are currently working on a few ways. One way we discussed is you'd email us with your public key. We'd then reply to that email with a specific # of BitSeeds and our public key. You'd then send that specific amount to us and we'd be able to confirm that you are in fact the holder of that wallet. You'd then supply the new public key for the new BitSeeds and we'd reimburse the exact amount you had in your old wallet.

If anyone has a better way, please let us know.

A signed message probably would be one way to do it. Here are a couple of articles on it:

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/1526413-how-do-i-sign-a-message-with-a-bitcoin-address-

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/18qy88/bitcoin_message_signing_and_verification/

The feature is built into the Bitseeds wallet too and can be found in the File menu.  I've never had reason to play with this feature with any crypto, but it seems like it's for exactly this sort of situation.
mightgetlucky

Activity: 138

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 10:47:20 PM

I knew he was an ass but i didn't know he was this BIG of an ass Shocked
forlackofabettername

Activity: 150

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 06:15:45 AM

He's an abusive narc. Same shit went down with Blakecoin. Two faces. Sick as hell. Lying and scamming but very friendly in public.

"If you see fraud and don't shout fraud, you are a fraud"
  -- Nassim Taleb
lcmines

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 08:56:17 PM

I'm confused as to how Bryce has the coin held hostage if he only has 1 of the keys of a 3 out of four multi-sig wallet.

It seems like it's time to use the three available keys to move the foundations coins back into staking so the network will at least move. Isn't a moving network needed in order for people to prove what share of coins they hold for an exchange anyways? Not sure about signed message, but certainly sending a small amount of coins would need a network that actually solves blocks.
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:32:07 PM

Yes we are in the process of trying that. The thing is I think the coins were moved out of the multisig wallet when we had to stake them after mining stopped working. Bryce has not been cooperating at all for the past 2-3 weeks. Last week he told me that he'd provide the private keys and then the next day said he wouldn't for "security" reasons.

If we cant get the network moving then we'll just replace all the coins using a different method. I've been told that if the new coin is built with sha256 like the old one we will be able to just swap the wallets out. I'm still confirming this while speaking with different developers.
Edser

Activity: 153

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 05:39:36 PM

Yes we are in the process of trying that. The thing is I think the coins were moved out of the multisig wallet when we had to stake them after mining stopped working. Bryce has not been cooperating at all for the past 2-3 weeks. Last week he told me that he'd provide the private keys and then the next day said he wouldn't for "security" reasons.

If we cant get the network moving then we'll just replace all the coins using a different method. I've been told that if the new coin is built with sha256 like the old one we will be able to just swap the wallets out. I'm still confirming this while speaking with different developers.

isnt this exactly what was done the last time? it seems so.

quote defcoin ==== LOL... oh no, the coin is dead cause $DEV doesn't live on BCT! When will you people learn that everything on here is completely irrelevant next to useless. Devs need to stop using it all together, only then can crypto begin to flourish. It's such a shame that people consider this shit hole to be the pinnacle of information when it comes to developments. I don't blame $DEV for not coming on here, and frankly I am embarrassed that I even check BCT myself.
delong

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 04:46:33 PM

pretty quiet in here for a coin that desperately needs some life breathed into it... i'd love for the network to revive, as i've been waiting on a wallet transfer to an exchange for a week now - zero confirmations.  any progress being made behind the scenes to get things rolling again?
watsdadeal

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2015, 07:34:00 AM

Serial altcoiner Bryce Weiner lost interest in alts as he is unable to make profit from his recent scams (bitseed, razor next version). He is not enthusiastic as he use to be before and does not tweet nowadays. Maybe he is broke. Alts are dead.
bitseedmike

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2015, 09:15:59 PM

Serial altcoiner Bryce Weiner lost interest in alts as he is unable to make profit from his recent scams (bitseed, razor next version). He is not enthusiastic as he use to be before and does not tweet nowadays. Maybe he is broke. Alts are dead.

To clarify, Bryce Weiner has not had any involvement with "Bitseed" ( bitseed.org ), the ARM based full bitcoin node. He has only been involved with "Bitseeds", the unrelated coin discussed here.

AtlasONo

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 05, 2015, 04:24:06 PM

zzzzzzzzzz
delong

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 05:17:31 PM

zzzzzzzzzz

seriously, what happened here?  no updates that i've seen regarding issues with the blockchain or the multi-sig XSEED fund, a transfer from wallet to exchange took a full week, etc... is there still a plan to fix this, or is this another abandoned coin, sapping more of what little good will and trust there may be left in the cryptosphere?
bhokor
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2015, 06:36:02 PM

Dev, block explorer is not working, some problem conectig with daemon
GabeBitSeedsReal

View Profile
July 07, 2015, 12:26:42 AM

Hey everyone sorry for not posting more, but last week was my bday so I went on vaca for that and the 4th. I'm back now and we're still actively looking for a dev. Tomorrow I am meeting with a few devs in person to speak about this.

The network should be running now, because we got all the wallets and passwords back from Bryce. We moved all the funds into addresses he doesnt have access to. We need more people staking to keep the network up, so Worth will be posting here a giveaway we're planning for this or next week.

We just need to keep the network going, while we transition everything over.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 »
  Print  

Jump to: