Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SLING | Fully Working DECENTRALIZED MARKET in Wallet | SLING MARKET LIVE  (Read 178766 times)
jadefalke
Legendary

Activity: 1457
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 06:54:09 AM

What exactly does "marketsendshipping"? Does that mean the Buyer provided Shipping Address and is awaiting shipping?
Yes, shipping address to the seller should be part of the buying process.  Only problem is the current message delivery relies on both nodes being active.  The encrypted message does not persist anywhere (which is good) but that limits the chances of a successful delivery.

i think a really important function will be the Reputation. If i'm uncertain on e**y if a Seller is trustwoth or not, i usally screen his Reputation and make my Buy Decision on that.
Reputation is on my list after the new market UI.  Vendors and buyers will need user names for the reputation system. Do you think it should be free or Sling should charge per name?  Charging helps prevent name spam and makes the masternodes more valuable.  How many Sling if we decide to charge for names?  This data will need to go on a separate blockchain.

Also, should there be a fee to list an item in the market?  Again, this prevents spam listings but might turn away vendors.

I would clearly vote AGAINST such a Process, if both Party's need to run the Node, that is simply not convienent enough. Let's think about
storing that Information crypted in the MN(s)? If you enter an Item in the Marketplace for like 7 Days Duration, the MN(s) will store this Information for the next 7 Days.

I think Fee's are important to:

a) Reduce the Spam and Noise in the Marketplace
b) could be used to enrich the MN Payout's or to send x% to a Development Fund similar to what Dash is doing.
c) creating Category's could also be restricted via a big one time Fee, like 2500 Sling for a new Category. ( with something like contracts in ETH the Creator of the Category could get back with each Item which is placed in his Category X Sling.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 10:00:22 PM
Last edit: September 22, 2015, 01:58:04 AM by CryptoVote

I would clearly vote AGAINST such a Process, if both Party's need to run the Node, that is simply not convienent enough. Let's think about
storing that Information crypted in the MN(s)? If you enter an Item in the Marketplace for like 7 Days Duration, the MN(s) will store this Information for the next 7 Days.

Great points and I agree except for a one time category fee.  I think the category fee should be renewed and auctioned to the highest bidder but this is way more dev.

The messaging is a BIG problem and this is the same for all coins with secure messaging (Shadow, etc...).  Using Masternodes as temp cache for the encrypted messages is a good idea.  Storing pieces or shards of the crypt on masternodes (like Storj) but again this is way more dev.

b) could be used to enrich the MN Payout's or to send x% to a Development Fund similar to what Dash is doing.
c) creating Category's could also be restricted via a big one time Fee, like 2500 Sling for a new Category. ( with something like contracts in ETH the Creator of the Category could get back with each Item which is placed in his Category X Sling.

Is anyone opposed to a required market listing fees?

How much should Sling listing fees cost: 1 SLING, 2 SLING, 3 SLING, 5 SLING, 7 SLING or 10 SLING?

jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:13:34 AM

Great points and I agree except for a one time category fee.  I think the category fee should be renewed and auctioned to the highest bidder but this is way more dev.

The messaging is a BIG problem and this is the same for all coins with secure messaging (Shadow, etc...).  Using Masternodes as temp cache for the encrypted messages is a good idea.  Storing pieces or shards of the crypt on masternodes (like Storj) but again this is way more dev.

Is anyone opposed to a required market listing fees?

How much should Sling listing fees cost: 1 SLING, 2 SLING, 3 SLING, 5 SLING, 7 SLING or 10 SLING?

1 Sling would not prevent anyone from spamming. My first thought was 5-10 Sling.
CryptoVote

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:32:32 AM

1 Sling would not prevent anyone from spamming. My first thought was 5-10 Sling.
True.  7 SLING for a listings?

jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:36:22 AM

Sounds good, the question is what to do with that fee's, burn it to increase the Value of Sling or for a develop fund or give it back to MN Operator or a mix of all.
MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:48:04 AM

Sounds good, the question is what to do with that fee's, burn it to increase the Value of Sling or for a develop fund or give it back to MN Operator or a mix of all.

What about something like;
50% Back to MN Op
30% Dev Fund
20% Burned

Just a thought

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 05:54:39 PM

50% Back to MN Op
30% Dev Fund
20% Burned

Just a thought

i like it, would increase the Revenue for MN Operator dramatically, could lead to a new wave of MN...
CryptoVote

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 10:44:43 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 12:46:10 AM by CryptoVote

True.  7 SLING for a listings?

50% Back to MN Op
30% Dev Fund
20% Burned

Just a thought

i like it, would increase the Revenue for MN Operator dramatically, could lead to a new wave of MN...
I like this breakdown as well.

listings will cost 7 SLING with the fee breakdown below:
50% Masternodes
30% Dev Fund
20% Burned

I am thinking about forking I/O-Coin for user name registration (https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin).  
How many Sling to purchase a user name or what breakdown 5 Sling, 10 Sling, 15 Sling, 25 Sling, 37 Sling, 50 Sling ?  User names are needed for the reputation/rating system.

I am also working on refreshing the core libs that support masternodes with Dash's v0.12.0.53 (released 18 days ago).  After that SLING will support InstantX and MN Consensus Voting.  

Update: I/O Coin uses a central server for user name registration, NOT a blockchain so we can't use it.

CryptoVote

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:36:26 AM

There is a Sling de-list warning on Bittrex again.

MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 02:51:37 AM

There is a Sling de-list warning on Bittrex again.

Should be ok now.  I bought some more of this great coin!!

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
masyveonk

Activity: 346

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 05:06:16 AM

What about starting a new thread with CryptoVote as the OP? That way people can see that the dev of Sling is active.

CryptoVote

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 01:52:36 PM

What about starting a new thread with CryptoVote as the OP? That way people can see that the dev of Sling is active.
That is a good idea.  I'll do that.

jadefalke
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:40:49 PM

That is a good idea.  I'll do that.

and post the Link here Please Wink Thanks
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 01, 2015, 08:49:45 PM

Do you plan to support dynamic fees? What if SLING is worth $1 each, will someone pay $7 USD for a listing or whatever?
CryptoVote

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:52:10 AM

Do you plan to support dynamic fees? What if SLING is worth $1 each, will someone pay $7 USD for a listing or whatever?

Great point

I agree we should gradually decrease the fees over time.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 03:16:40 AM

Great point

How do you decrease fees without a fork?
CryptoVote

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:30:51 PM
Last edit: October 02, 2015, 02:44:24 PM by CryptoVote

Great point

We could use timestamps so after a certain date/time the fees change without a fork.  The timestamps are put in spork.h.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 07:46:37 PM

Great point

We could use timestamps so after a certain date/time the fees change without a fork.  The timestamps are put in spork.h.

IMO that is conflicting concerns, making timestamps responsible for fee changes is adding complexity to something that should be simple aswell as makes fees depend on the granularity of those timestamps...

If you can store metadata somehow in your transactions all you need to do is store some json/xml/whatever data format and read that data to set your fees, what I did was create a data alias that I own and I can update, and I update with a bot whenever the average exchange rate moves by greater than x%. This creates a "fee pegging" based on any currency and then you can market your fees to say something like $1USD per creation of an offer for example so its easy to understand for avg joes.
CryptoVote

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:00:12 PM

IMO that is conflicting concerns, making timestamps responsible for fee changes is adding complexity to something that should be simple aswell as makes fees depend on the granularity of those timestamps...

If you can store metadata somehow in your transactions all you need to do is store some json/xml/whatever data format and read that data to set your fees, what I did was create a data alias that I own and I can update, and I update with a bot whenever the average exchange rate moves by greater than x%. This creates a "fee pegging" based on any currency and then you can market your fees to say something like $1USD per creation of an offer for example so its easy to understand for avg joes.

You bring up excellent points. I was thinking about using Bittrex's JSON API to convert Sling to BTC then USD or Euro but with the current volume being so low, the price is almost meaningless. For example, if you try to buy $400 worth of Sling right now to make a purchase, it would cost much more unless you waited for buy orders to fill.  With that said, your method is still better than the changing fees but that is where I got stuck with the JSON API.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 11:23:12 PM

You bring up excellent points. I was thinking about using Bittrex's JSON API to convert Sling to BTC then USD or Euro but with the current volume being so low, the price is almost meaningless. For example, if you try to buy $400 worth of Sling right now to make a purchase, it would cost much more unless you waited for buy orders to fill.  With that said, your method is still better than the changing fees but that is where I got stuck with the JSON API.

You'd need to store it in some meta data(in the blockchain) that is provably linked to a key you own such that only you can update that metadata, using the namecoin pattern of aliases you can do something like that by spending a tx of a coin you own with another tx (coloured with the same op_code type) and saving it in the alias DB in this example. This way you can update based on a bot which pulls from bittrex or wherever.

I've read the devs code for sling and it uses a different approach, I see you are doing multisig tx's for escrow and whatenot but I also see p2p messages to broadcast offers, so im not sure those offers are coloured tx's... however you can send multiple broadcasts of those offers if you can prove that you are the one who can sign that offer in a new broadcast or tx. (offerupdate)...

in general offer updating is essential anyways to change things like description, qty or price.
Pages: « 1 ... 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 [161] 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: