Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SLING | Fully Working DECENTRALIZED MARKET in Wallet | SLING MARKET LIVE  (Read 178766 times)
philipvdlinde

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:58:17 AM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 05:13:02 AM by philipvdlinde

I would like to see the SLING marketplace grow so that great vendors get higher margins and buyers pay less for products.  Right now, online centralized marketplaces like Amazon and eBay/PayPal take 13-18% off the top and leave the vendors struggling to make small margins.

I am a C++ programmer and would like to donate my time to further develop SLING if it okay with the community and DG.  I have 20+ years professional programming experience and began writing apps in C/C++. At work, I use C#, HTML5, JavaScript, CSS, SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB).  I work full time so this would be part time.

The most needed functionality is a marketplace rating/reputation system for sellers and buyers implemented on a public blockchain.  Next, the marketplace categories should be maintained by a consensus vote and the protocol should not allow end users to add categories (it is currently a mess and this drives users away).  The third task would be to implement an HTML5/JavaScript UI like Shadowcoin and Twister.  An HTML5 front-end would give the marketplace a better look/feel and allow others to enhance the front-end without writing C++ code.

I will need the community's help coming up with the specifications for a public blockchain marketplace rating/reputation system.  
Imagine if you and dg.slayer would work on the project together, great things may come from cooperation!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:17:47 AM

Imagine if you and dg.slayer would work on the project together, great things may come from cooperation!

My plan is to work with DG.Slayer on the project.  I downloaded the code from bitbucket and got it working in Qt debug mode.  Neat coin with more functionality than most.  For one dev, DG has done an outstanding job.  He/She must be tired so I am here to help with coding.  

philipvdlinde

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 05:56:46 AM

My plan is to work with DG.Slayer on the project.  I downloaded the code from bitbucket and got it working in Qt debug mode.  Neat coin with more functionality than most.  For one dev, DG has done an outstanding job.  He/She must be tired so I am here to help with coding.  
Sounds like a great plan, I hope the dev will respond on your request soon.
nara1892

Activity: 1568
Merit: 654

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:25:51 AM

I would like to see the SLING marketplace grow so that great vendors get higher margins and buyers pay less for products.  Right now, online centralized marketplaces like Amazon and eBay/PayPal take 13-18% off the top and leave the vendors struggling to make small margins.

I am a C++ programmer and would like to donate my time to further develop SLING if it okay with the community and DG.  I have 20+ years professional programming experience and began writing apps in C/C++. At work, I use C#, HTML5, JavaScript, CSS, SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB).  I work full time so this would be part time.

The most needed functionality is a marketplace rating/reputation system for sellers and buyers implemented on a public blockchain.  Next, the marketplace categories should be maintained by a consensus vote and the protocol should not allow end users to add categories (it is currently a mess and this drives users away).  The third task would be to implement an HTML5/JavaScript UI like Shadowcoin and Twister.  An HTML5 front-end would give the marketplace a better look/feel and allow others to enhance the front-end without writing C++ code.

I will need the community's help coming up with the specifications for a public blockchain marketplace rating/reputation system.  
Okay, I hope that is true to your word

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
david1365
Legendary

Activity: 994

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:37:58 AM

I would like to see the SLING marketplace grow so that great vendors get higher margins and buyers pay less for products.  Right now, online centralized marketplaces like Amazon and eBay/PayPal take 13-18% off the top and leave the vendors struggling to make small margins.

I am a C++ programmer and would like to donate my time to further develop SLING if it okay with the community and DG.  I have 20+ years professional programming experience and began writing apps in C/C++. At work, I use C#, HTML5, JavaScript, CSS, SQL and NoSQL (MongoDB).  I work full time so this would be part time.

The most needed functionality is a marketplace rating/reputation system for sellers and buyers implemented on a public blockchain.  Next, the marketplace categories should be maintained by a consensus vote and the protocol should not allow end users to add categories (it is currently a mess and this drives users away).  The third task would be to implement an HTML5/JavaScript UI like Shadowcoin and Twister.  An HTML5 front-end would give the marketplace a better look/feel and allow others to enhance the front-end without writing C++ code.

Sounds good, we need someone just like you to sort of things with DG.Slayer, please contact him/her to further info, i'll donate some SLING for your work.
philipvdlinde

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:54:53 AM

SLING is still being dumped as we speak, I really don't get it guys. How could it dump so hard when there's so much good stuff on the table? A lot of liquidity entered the market, I really wonder how long that will last as price can be pushed up explosively.
david1365
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 07:59:25 AM

SLING is still being dumped as we speak, I really don't get it guys. How could it dump so hard when there's so much good stuff on the table?
I sold at 9100, let them keep dumping, i can buy more.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 02:11:25 PM

Will the *other* dev put in a real rating system?
Then I think people may throw some coin at it.
DG just let us know what it will take to get a rating system. Better than stars, real anonymous reviews
I understand anonymous can be an issue, so keep it simple.
Make it cost .001 sling to leave a review, and have the seller set the ability to charge a higher amount.
Have a text entry field for the review. Something you can blow up when you click on it.

Do you mean have lots of these text reviews per seller?  
Should all the reviews display?

All of these text reviews will be in the blockchain?  
Sounds like a path to bloat.
Maybe need some kind of automatic pruning/omission of reviews past a certain date.

If you do not have a clear review system which feels like the others out there it will never be used.
You said you were a user of the other sites out there who use btc, and we all know reviews = reputation from a successful easy transaction verified by the person receiving the products with the seller having some feedback potential. Mainly the person paying for the goods though.
It has to feel like that experience, or people aren't going to trust it.
It doesn't matter how much math is under the hood, what coin source is used, none of that... it matters if people feel they have an easy way to securely communicate and read others true experiences.
If it adds too much bloat, then obviously we need a different way, but it will not ever go without this.

IT is also not as easy to make a transaction as it should be but I understand these things do take time.

I lost because I am a type of person who gets a coin for a reason other than to try and pump it and sell it. I am the type of person Pumpers love when I am interested in a coin because I buy it with a long term goal in mind.

Many of you probably have much more coin than I. I still treat every coin I am involved in equally until I feel I've been screwed over.
The initial pump and dump sucked and hurt this coin badly. Bob's group, Ryan Pumper, etc and who knows who else was involved. Doesn't matter, they are not the kind of people who ultimately "win" at anything except short term monetary gain that they blow as quick as they get it.

Source was not released timely.
People do not like that. People who cannot even read the source or wouldn't know if it had a set of French Doors half the world could walk in and take whatever, but they still want to know it is available, and they hope members of the community are vetting that coin.

DG Slayer has not been 100% in on this coin and I think everyone knows that. Shows up, has a couple of people helping him pump a little, then some good graphics drop, people start buying in and boom the bottom was pulled out right as POW transitioned to POS. It wasn't miners. Sure miners dump, say dump it all, but there has been plenty of others who came through picking up coin and trying to get action.
A coin is not going to be successful without a DEV who is not excited and showing it with at least a post or so everyday, answer a few questions, help people setup simple things like conf files and master nodes - an hour or so per day forum presence is minimum. Or, a PR person who can get those answers and provide that presence for the Dev, but working with them may do the same thing, but there must be a leader showing people the way.

Sorry this is coming off negative, but I have been watching this coin since day one, and it should have been handled better.

Has there been a single independent review of the source by someone the community trusts? This is a must.

Don't bother giving me examples of other coins who do not have these things. I am not going to debate you, and disagreeing with me is great. I hate giving up, especially when I have so much invested myself, but it makes me sick to see people holding the bags while the pumpers continue their round robins on coins with good opportunity.

I hope the new account talking about working with Slayer is able to hook things up. It would be a pleasant surprise. I am happy to help with anything I can as well, but I am not a coder, programmer, etc.

Good luck to us all

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
TwoCoins1Purse

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 04:16:13 PM

Everybody makes very valid points. Going back to possibly paying somebody for a rebrand overhaul, I feel as though paying said person in 'sling' would not be in our best interest considering how low the price is and how heavy all of our 'bags' are at this point. Would they accept btc? with the price fluctuating between 3500-7500 sats thats anywhere from 1.75 to 3.75 btc

Also, im no programmer either but maybe is it possible/practical to integrate reviews as a part of the escrow process?
CryptoVote

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:03:47 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 06:20:27 PM by CryptoVote

After reviewing the SLING code, I am going to convert the UI to HTML5 as my first task.  The marketplace/reputation UI will not scale with the current Qt application architecture. After that, I will work on the reputation system.  I think at least one mobile platform should be supported so I will work on an Android version but that would be the fourth task.  

What is the best way to contact the DG Slayer?  This forum or should I try bitbucket.org?

david1365
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:37:58 PM

The most needed functionality is a marketplace rating/reputation system for sellers and buyers implemented on a public blockchain.  Next, the marketplace categories should be maintained by a consensus vote and the protocol should not allow end users to add categories (it is currently a mess and this drives users away).  The third task would be to implement an HTML5/JavaScript UI like Shadowcoin and Twister.  An HTML5 front-end would give the marketplace a better look/feel and allow others to enhance the front-end without writing C++ code.

After reviewing the SLING code, I am going to convert the UI to HTML5 as my first task.  The marketplace/reputation UI will not scale with the current Qt application architecture. After that, I will work on the reputation system.  I think at least one mobile platform should be supported so I will work on an Android version but that would be the fourth task. 

What is the best way to contact the DG Slayer?  This forum or should I try bitbucket.org?
Good work, i think the best way to contact the DEV, is this forum.
philipvdlinde

View Profile
July 03, 2015, 06:40:36 PM
Last edit: July 03, 2015, 08:10:43 PM by philipvdlinde

After reviewing the SLING code, I am going to convert the UI to HTML5 as my first task.  The marketplace/reputation UI will not scale with the current Qt application architecture. After that, I will work on the reputation system.  I think at least one mobile platform should be supported so I will work on an Android version but that would be the fourth task.  

What is the best way to contact the DG Slayer?  This forum or should I try bitbucket.org?
People like you make me have faith in this community afterall. Sling seems to be recovering a bit, I have bought some more SLING and am going to keep holding it for longterm purposes. No losses have been made in the last few weeks so I am kinda content with that.
rocoro
Legendary

Activity: 938

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 12:11:35 AM
Last edit: July 04, 2015, 12:32:09 AM by rocoro

Will the *other* dev put in a real rating system?
Then I think people may throw some coin at it.
DG just let us know what it will take to get a rating system. Better than stars, real anonymous reviews
I understand anonymous can be an issue, so keep it simple.
Make it cost .001 sling to leave a review, and have the seller set the ability to charge a higher amount.
Have a text entry field for the review. Something you can blow up when you click on it.

Do you mean have lots of these text reviews per seller?  
Should all the reviews display?

All of these text reviews will be in the blockchain?  
Sounds like a path to bloat.
Maybe need some kind of automatic pruning/omission of reviews past a certain date.

If you do not have a clear review system which feels like the others out there it will never be used.
You said you were a user of the other sites out there who use btc, and we all know reviews = reputation from a successful easy transaction verified by the person receiving the products with the seller having some feedback potential. Mainly the person paying for the goods though.
It has to feel like that experience, or people aren't going to trust it.
It doesn't matter how much math is under the hood, what coin source is used, none of that... it matters if people feel they have an easy way to securely communicate and read others true experiences.
If it adds too much bloat, then obviously we need a different way, but it will not ever go without this.
Good luck to us all

Well, I'm a solutions type of person.

If its the case for a more "real, human experience write-ups" then maybe be innovative and have a full version wallet that would incorporate an additional "data" blockchain for when you want to read all reviews and such.  Keeping transaction blockchain and review blockchain separate, I think would allow for the review blockchain to be more easily trimmed.  The light version would be for more mobile "on the go" times (without the data/review blockchain) - when you already know the rep of the seller or whoever you're dealing with.

I'm not even sure if that's possible or feasible in a more technical sense (could the blockchains be linked and/or "review data" chain not used in light version?),  but just seems to make sense to me.  This is all just suggestion to have a "lighter", faster syncing/download version and leave people with options.  I *don't* feel there should be versions like electrum where identity can be exposed through servers.

Edit:
Instead of a whole separate blockchain,  could it be just a decentralized/distributed file (verified by hashing, broken into parts if too large) that would contain all review data?

pkobse

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:42:30 AM

lol. The dev (newbie on start - prob. hired to do this and plenty more coins for pd group) and his fellas dumped 50k on you, asking donations for graphics - another 50k, and you still don't know what this coin is about?
Cmon.

With one of the last ones, they don't even produce road map anymore - Dibs.

BTC 1C9FGy8kUTF1R21bhLyzXQHDjm87xoRenn,
LTC LXZ7xhLYJU4K8zdtdYc89o81NgwXbSwEbC
or DOGE DKJDnR8deKGRRbFWCnsSDz15ha5t43B75B. :-)
philipvdlinde

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 10:59:55 AM

lol. The dev (newbie on start - prob. hired to do this and plenty more coins for pd group) and his fellas dumped 50k on you, asking donations for graphics - another 50k, and you still don't know what this coin is about?
Cmon.

With one of the last ones, they don't even produce road map anymore - Dibs.
There's no vaporware which allows for a decentralized exchange yet. This dev programmed it himself.
pkobse

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:11:58 AM

Well, I`m not going analyse the code to confirm if it is totally unique, but there are coins with DM in various stages, so I don't know, if some of that was used and put together from other ones.
Even this dev may be working on something in other coin and pure purpose here was to test something.
Coin devs from these groups instead of testing the code on testnet simply put out the code as new coin, get some profit from it, let it die. 
I paid interest to many new altcoins in past, as I truly believed in crypto and good intensions, but now I know that most is scam based on those scenarios.

philipvdlinde

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:14:45 AM

Well, I`m not going analyse the code to confirm if it is totally unique, but there are coins with DM in various stages, so I don't know, if some of that was used and put together from other ones.
Even this dev may be working on something in other coin and pure purpose here was to test something.
Coin devs from these groups instead of testing the code on testnet simply put out the code as new coin, get some profit from it, let it die. 
I paid interest to many new altcoins in past, as I truly believed in crypto and good intensions, but now I know that most is scam based on those scenarios.
Yeah but the dev is still active, decentralized market was released over 2 months ago.
pkobse

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:22:17 AM

Ok, well, I watch plenty of last releases, and I say we have to stop it, and if someone wants to launch new coins, have new functionality ready and don't use newbie account, prove who you are or GTFO.
Because every newbie, and I don't mean newbie dev account but new person in crypto, who will be burned on this rubbish, which those groups are doing now wont return to crypto and will cause bad publicity for it everywhere he can.
In long term, even we can move in those muddy waters, it is not good for us in the end, because public crypto acceptance is pushed more and more into the future and the ideas of "Satoshi Nakamoto" gets destroyed on the way.

We should not accept this behaviour any more and clear the crypto-scene by ignoring the people involved in that.

I don't think I`m wrong here and if I`m I will really regret it, but 99.9% of last launches was dodgy and that should be not accepted.

philipvdlinde

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:25:08 AM

Ok, well, I watch plenty of last releases, and I say we have to stop it, and if someone wants to launch new coins, have new functionality ready and don't use newbie account, prove who you are or GTFO.
Because every newbie, and I don't mean newbie dev account but new person in crypto, who will be burned on this rubbish, which those groups are doing now wont return to crypto and will cause bad publicity for it everywhere he can.
In long term, even we can move in those muddy waters, it is not good for us in the end, because public crypto acceptance is pushed more and more into the future and the ideas of "Satoshi Nakamoto" gets destroyed on the way.

We should not accept this behaviour any more and clear the crypto-scene by ignoring the people involved in that.

I don't think I`m wrong here and if I`m I will really regret it, but 99.9% of last launches was dodgy and that should be not accepted.
I completely agree, the market continues to deteriorate. And liquidity continues to dry up. Most cryptocurrency's have become degenerate ponzi schemes and that's not how we want this market to evolve.
pkobse

View Profile
July 04, 2015, 11:53:45 AM

And that's why I wrote what I did, came back to check on sling, started on page 150 to check couple of last days. People are complaining and wondering about that 50k dump, then later page 151, post 3019, dev asking 50k for graphic design. Coincidence, maybe, but my alarm is sounded.
Plus, noticed that with end scenario, same nicks appear on the near end stage posting same stuff around and around, "Dump? Good, cheap coins for me, buying more" explaining later, how superprofitable they are in order to lure people to build up the orders. Sometimes they can move the price up a bit, but only for another big dump to follow.

Some clues for people to investigate: ipominer, bot operation on X11, l2e, neoscrypt, zifr, pumps on vtc, start, ftc... Not sure if ztr was pumped already or they are still in accumulation phase. Only some things to be aware of.

[Edit]

Not ztr, zrc is the correct ticker.
And I`m not saying anyone should buy it, because I don't know which stage they are on in their plan, maybe they have dump planed on it. It is just something not only me noticed.

Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: