Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:30:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SLING | Fully Working DECENTRALIZED MARKET in Wallet | SLING MARKET LIVE  (Read 178766 times)
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 03:15:08 PM

How does escrow work in sling?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoVote

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 01, 2015, 04:11:41 PM

The implementation code is in market.cpp but here is an overview.
A buyer request sets up a multisig address using public keys from the buyer and seller with the CScript::SetMultisig (see script.cpp) method.  The buyer gets the seller's public key address from the listing.  The buyer send funds to the multisig address.  After signatures from the buyer and seller, the funds are released to the seller.  It is fairly simple but doesn't handle the situation where the buyer never releases the funds.  I think the escrow will be stuck if this happens.  There is no third party to release funds or a set time where the buyer's sig is not needed.

masyveonk

Activity: 346

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:00:30 PM

The implementation code is in market.cpp but here is an overview.
A buyer request sets up a multisig address using public keys from the buyer and seller with the CScript::SetMultisig (see script.cpp) method.  The buyer gets the seller's public key address from the listing.  The buyer send funds to the multisig address.  After signatures from the buyer and seller, the funds are released to the seller.  It is fairly simple but doesn't handle the situation where the buyer never releases the funds.  I think the escrow will be stuck if this happens.  There is no third party to release funds or a set time where the buyer's sig is not needed.

Do you know how to add a time lock (release) into the code whereby if the buyer doesn't release the funds by (x) time the escrow funds are returned to seller?

CryptoVote

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 03:16:20 PM

Do you know how to add a time lock (release) into the code whereby if the buyer doesn't release the funds by (x) time the escrow funds are returned to seller?
I will need to add that.  If the buyer loses the private key (wallet corrupt, etc..) or doesn't release for whatever reason, the escrow funds could be locked forever. The (x) time should be part of each listing (variable) or hard-coded (so it is global)?  We will need to alter the market db if (x) time is a variable. 

masyveonk

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 04:40:11 PM

I will need to add that.  If the buyer loses the private key (wallet corrupt, etc..) or doesn't release for whatever reason, the escrow funds could be locked forever. The (x) time should be part of each listing (variable) or hard-coded (so it is global)?  We will need to alter the market db if (x) time is a variable.  

That sounds like a very good idea to have the deadline time for escrow funds as a variable. Some people might prefer 1 hour of locked funds for fast transactions vs others that are prepared to wait say 2 weeks whilst funding is put in place (or whatever reason).

BTW, would you like any help getting a new thread in place for Sling?? Feels like it could do with a fresh restart and looks like you got your hands full with coding etc!! During my spare time I can help put something together in the near future.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 05:47:57 PM

I will need to add that.  If the buyer loses the private key (wallet corrupt, etc..) or doesn't release for whatever reason, the escrow funds could be locked forever. The (x) time should be part of each listing (variable) or hard-coded (so it is global)?  We will need to alter the market db if (x) time is a variable. 
Use opchecklocktimeverify
masyveonk

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 09:48:10 PM

I will need to add that.  If the buyer loses the private key (wallet corrupt, etc..) or doesn't release for whatever reason, the escrow funds could be locked forever. The (x) time should be part of each listing (variable) or hard-coded (so it is global)?  We will need to alter the market db if (x) time is a variable.  

Good idea with checklocktimeverify

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki

In the escrow example from that wiki there are three people included in the transaction by way of 2 of 2 multisig, the variables would need to be adapted to slings scenario where there are only 2 sigs involved.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 11:21:09 PM

I dont see a problem of locking 1x seller side and 2x buyer side that way its 2x seller and 1x buyer once shipped and both sides have incentive to complete escrow. With a third party collusion can occur.

With a timeout you need to be able to extend it dynamically complicating matters
masyveonk

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 01:01:17 PM

The good news is: Sling is not being heavily dumped compared to many other alts because of the sudden btc rise Grin

CryptoVote

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 04:41:20 PM

BTW, would you like any help getting a new thread in place for Sling?? Feels like it could do with a fresh restart and looks like you got your hands full with coding etc!! During my spare time I can help put something together in the near future.

Yes, that would be great and really appreciate it.  I definitely have my hands full with the coding.

CryptoVote

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 05:40:40 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2015, 06:05:49 PM by CryptoVote

Good idea with checklocktimeverify

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki

In the escrow example from that wiki there are three people included in the transaction by way of 2 of 2 multisig, the variables would need to be adapted to slings scenario where there are only 2 sigs involved.

I will look into checklocktimeverify and implement a variable time so seller funds don't get stuck in escrow.  

See the readme.md in the Sling Repo for a list of tasks I have: Sling Repo @ Bitbucket

• Fix blockchain downloading issues.
  • Fix masternode discovery issues
  • Fix orphan block memory usage
  • Improve market buy work flow.
  • Fix market listing replication issues
  • Fix stake reward display amount in wallet.
  • Upgrade core libs to Dash 0.12.0.53
  • HTML5 UI connected via RPC JSON
  • Add Reputation System
  • Implement Block Headers
  • Implement Immutable CTransaction
  • Implement "headers" & "getheaders" commands
  • Use checklocktimeverify and implement a variable time so seller funds don't get stuck in escrow. see https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki

I still have others not listed above.

masyveonk

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 08:59:59 PM

Yes, that would be great and really appreciate it.  I definitely have my hands full with the coding.

Perfect! I will begin conjuring up some revised written content asap.

In terms of graphics I don't have the funds to pay a graphics designer so that may take a bit longer to find somebody willing to help out.

Anybody reading this that wants to jump in and offer their creative graphic skills please get in touch, it'd be much appreciated. I find the current graphical designs a bit messy and confused tbh. Something cleaner/simpler and more professional is what I have in mind for Sling which will surely help to get it taken a bit more seriously, in the meantime I'll try asking about for some voluntary input.

I'm not seeing this as another over excited start-up community take over, from what I've seen they can be full of energy to start with and then burn out quickly once the price doesn't immediately reflect efforts, I'm going to work on Sling content nice and methodically over as much time as it takes to deliver quality content that reflects the unique technology this coin possesses.

Once I have content ready I'll show it to CryptoVote and perhaps *looks at cryptovote* you can launch/post it yourself as a completely new thread i.e SLING | OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW TEAM (or whatever)... we'll work out those details once when we get to that stage.

On that note I'll get started on a first draft, this is going to be fun Cheesy

DuckYeah!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 03:43:33 AM

Yes, that would be great and really appreciate it.  I definitely have my hands full with the coding.

Perfect! I will begin conjuring up some revised written content asap.

In terms of graphics I don't have the funds to pay a graphics designer so that may take a bit longer to find somebody willing to help out.

Anybody reading this that wants to jump in and offer their creative graphic skills please get in touch, it'd be much appreciated. I find the current graphical designs a bit messy and confused tbh. Something cleaner/simpler and more professional is what I have in mind for Sling which will surely help to get it taken a bit more seriously, in the meantime I'll try asking about for some voluntary input.

I'm not seeing this as another over excited start-up community take over, from what I've seen they can be full of energy to start with and then burn out quickly once the price doesn't immediately reflect efforts, I'm going to work on Sling content nice and methodically over as much time as it takes to deliver quality content that reflects the unique technology this coin possesses.

Once I have content ready I'll show it to CryptoVote and perhaps *looks at cryptovote* you can launch/post it yourself as a completely new thread i.e SLING | OUT WITH THE OLD IN WITH THE NEW TEAM (or whatever)... we'll work out those details once when we get to that stage.

On that note I'll get started on a first draft, this is going to be fun Cheesy

I can do some graphics for Sling's OP
masyveonk

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 08:33:59 AM
Last edit: November 05, 2015, 08:45:44 AM by masyveonk

Awesome, wasn't expecting a volunteer so fast! Smiley

Edit : Wasn't expecting to see some ideas that quick either, looking good with the black and white effect.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1238169.msg12891074#msg12891074

I've already started working on the new content but will need at least a few days to get the wording right. I'll send over what I have to you when ready so you can use your design skills to make it presentable. Could you pm an email address?

masyveonk

View Profile
November 05, 2015, 05:39:15 PM

What do you guys think of this as an introduction to the new thread.. might as well post it up here as it's a community project.

Please feel free to add, correct, criticize and improve.

SLING : THE NEW TEAM

A brief intro to Sling and a glimpse at it's future with a new developer and team.

Sling began back in April 2015. It was an ambitious project...one that promised to deliver a fast crypto currency combined with a decentralized maketplace and a p2p encrypted messaging system for private communications.

The original developer known as D.G Slayer provided incentive to support the Sling network via masternodes, the entry cost to creating a masternode was set at 7331 Sling and that remains today.

With it's marketplace as the primary focus Sling is a prime example of a bleeding edge technology yet to catch on. Blockchain technology outside of currency is increasingly a hot subject in 2015/16 and Sling provides just that, it's not just about the currency.

The initial market built by D.G Slayer (the original developer) was an unfinished product that posed risk to the people entering into the escrow system. There was a risk that if the buyer didn't enter into the escrow system the sellers funds could get stuck. In other words the marketplace was unsafe and unusable.

However, the foundations were in place for anybody with enough talent and vision to pick up the pieces and carry on where the original dev team left off.  

Sling was mostly looked over and ignored by many in the crypto community and for months Slings flash fire all but burned out. That wasn't to be as some die hard visionists (new dev team) realised there was actual substance within the project and all it needed was some ongoing TLC.

In stepped a helping hand by way of CryptoVote, a (c++ etc etc dev insert correct skills) who could offer hands on coding expertise and breath air back onto the darkening embers.... (work on right words).  

Slings initial parameters were to provide the world a means of buying and selling goods on an open and non governed market, that is unchanged and indeed a reality most of the code is already laid out as can be seen (insert github/bitbucket).

You can buy and sell items on Slings decentralized market as of today, however there are some issues that the new developer CryptoVote has spotted and is fixing, it is stongly advised to wait until those fixes are in place before attempting to trade within Sling.

DuckYeah!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:56:51 PM

Edit : Wasn't expecting to see some ideas that quick either, looking good with the black and white effect.

I've already started working on the new content but will need at least a few days to get the wording right. I'll send over what I have to you when ready so you can use your design skills to make it presentable. Could you pm an email address?

thechickenwhodoesntigveaflyingfuck@gmail.com, just kidding, the address is fantompay@gmail.com
CryptoVote

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 03:45:25 PM
Last edit: November 07, 2015, 08:28:54 PM by CryptoVote

What do you guys think of this as an introduction to the new thread.. might as well post it up here as it's a community project.

Please feel free to add, correct, criticize and improve.

SLING : THE NEW TEAM

A brief intro to Sling and a glimpse at it's future with a new developer and team.

Sling began back in April 2015. It was an ambitious project...one that promised to deliver a fast crypto currency combined with a decentralized maketplace and a p2p encrypted messaging system for private communications.

The original developer known as D.G Slayer provided incentive to support the Sling network via masternodes, the entry cost to creating a masternode was set at 7331 Sling and that remains today.

With it's marketplace as the primary focus Sling is a prime example of a bleeding edge technology yet to catch on. Blockchain technology outside of currency is increasingly a hot subject in 2015/16 and Sling provides just that, it's not just about the currency.

The initial market built by D.G Slayer (the original developer) was an unfinished product that posed risk to the people entering into the escrow system. There was a risk that if the buyer didn't enter into the escrow system the sellers funds could get stuck. In other words the marketplace was unsafe and unusable.

However, the foundations were in place for anybody with enough talent and vision to pick up the pieces and carry on where the original dev team left off.  

Sling was mostly looked over and ignored by many in the crypto community and for months Slings flash fire all but burned out. That wasn't to be as some die hard visionists (new dev team) realised there was actual substance within the project and all it needed was some ongoing TLC.

In stepped a helping hand by way of CryptoVote, a (c++ etc etc dev insert correct skills) who could offer hands on coding expertise and breath air back onto the darkening embers.... (work on right words).  

Slings initial parameters were to provide the world a means of buying and selling goods on an open and non governed market, that is unchanged and indeed a reality most of the code is already laid out as can be seen (insert github/bitbucket).

You can buy and sell items on Slings decentralized market as of today, however there are some issues that the new developer CryptoVote has spotted and is fixing, it is stongly advised to wait until those fixes are in place before attempting to trade within Sling.

These are my skills that are relevant to Sling dev: C/C++, JavaScript (with AngularJS), HTML5, CSS and NodeJS.

I purchased 5 domain names for Sling and will be using them for DNS seeders. In the future, maybe a new Sling web site that exposes the market, block explorer, faucet... but definately need help with those.  MCDev is working with me to setup/deploy the DNS seeders (he has done this already for BTX) and he will be hosting them as well.  The DNS Seeding really boosts peer connections so we will be disabling IRC in the next release.  I will post the domain names and you should see them in the source code soon (chainparams.cpp).  

Also, please add MCDev to the Sling team.  

Anyone have the source for the old Sling web site?  I should have swiped it when it was still online.

MCDev

Activity: 680
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:58:28 PM

I currently run the faucet (http://faucet.btx.rocks), 2 block explorers (http://blox.btx.rocks/ http://abe.btx.rocks), and the host the current website (http://www.btxcoin.com/)  for BTX and I'm in the process of upgrading them to the 2.1.5.0 wallet release, among other backend stuff.

I am more then willing to for the same for Sling. 

MCDev

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
masyveonk

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:21:40 PM

the address is fantompay@gmail.com

Got it, will aim to get some content over to you tomorrow.

These are my skills that are relevant to Sling dev: C/C++, JavaScript (with AngularJS), HTML5, CSS and NodeJS.

I purchased 5 domain names for Sling and will be using them for DNS seeders. In the future, maybe a new Sling web site that exposes the market, block explorer, faucet... but definately need help with those.  MCDev is working with me to setup/deploy the DNS seeders (he has done this already for BTX) and he will be hosting them as well.  The DNS Seeding really boosts peer connections so we will be disabling IRC in the next release.  I will post the domain names and you should see them in the source code soon (chainparams.cpp). 

Also, please add MCDev to the Sling team. 

Anyone have the source for the old Sling web site?  I should have swiped it when it was still online.

Noted and I'll update the new text to include MCDev as part of the Sling team.

dopecoindude
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

The Dude Of DopeCoin

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 09:44:50 PM

Does SLING allow other cryptos ?

It is here folks. DopeCoinGOLD . The #1 Crypto-Weed Coin.
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: