Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:17:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 106 »
  Print  
Author Topic: AURORACOIN - Empowering Financial Freedom  (Read 138026 times)
LTEX
Legendary

Activity: 1023
Merit: 1000

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 01:37:55 PM

Balduros?  Grin

A fool will just look at the finger, even if it points to paradise!
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 01:38:52 PM

Mikrons

YouScam

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:39:39 PM

Can't believe people post still in this topic. What's wrong with you people? Don't pollute the forum.
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 01:41:15 PM

Any of you guys have a good idea what to call Auroracoin fractions?

There is a good reason why people were quick to give Bitcoin fractions some names like bitcent, millibit, microbit and satoshi. Would be great to hear some suggestions for this. Something that you think might work for Icelandic people as well.

Well you know better what's working for Icelandic poeple.  I would propose a ''Soltant'' or a ''SOL''.  Or a ''Yan'', but not sure about the reason why.

Cool
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 01:58:50 PM

Guðrum ?

rocanonz

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:00:38 PM

Edda
Baldr
--
Skínandi
--
Or just aurcent, milliaur, microaur
dinobotta

Activity: 248

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:01:08 PM

There is a good reason why people were quick to give Bitcoin fractions some names like bitcent, millibit, microbit and satoshi. Would be great to hear some suggestions for this. Something that you think might work for Icelandic people as well.

How about old Icelandic measuring words like tylft, alnir, mörk etc.

"Lost coins only make everyone else’s coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone". Satoshi Nakamoto
LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 02:02:31 PM

How about old Icelandic measuring words like tylft, alnir, mörk etc.

Mindies ?  Grin

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:03:30 PM

currently it might make more sense to look for names of multiples of AUR, like kiloAUR, ... ;-)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:16:12 PM

Well you know better what's working for Icelandic poeple.  I would propose a ''Soltant'' or a ''SOL''.  Or a ''Yan'', but not sure about the reason why.

Cool

Björks
rocanonz

Activity: 131

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 02:29:47 PM

Cool

Björks

I guess she's one of the first to sing about a alternative currency in Iceland or elsewhere: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P5xSntVWQE
adamastor

Activity: 403
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 04:33:42 PM

hi guys its me the old balduro impersonator.

Wow! How awesome is auroracoin?

I want to thank you all for your contributions to the auroracoin project.

I'm dying to do my bit to promote this coin.

My enthusiasm about this coin has spawned all kinds of ideas that I think are worthy of support but THERE IS NO SUPPORT for consumers other than the core development team can give useful information but little resources to people outside of iceland.

I see auroracoin being used for things like:

Crowdfunding
                         Insurance
                         Micro-Lending
                         E-commerce
                         Gambling
                         Decentralised contract management

And more!

The important detail here is that like Bitcoin, Auroracoin was/is an international currency before it is a national currency for Iceland.

I personally own 0.2% of all auroracoin in current circulation and consider myself equal to every other stake holder in this project. With this in mind, what kind of accomodation can the auroracoin foundation give to an international representation for this coin?

LTEX
Legendary

ltex.nl

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2015, 05:12:51 PM

My enthusiasm about this coin has spawned all kinds of ideas that I think are worthy of support but THERE IS NO SUPPORT for consumers other than the core development team can give useful information but little resources to people outside of iceland.

Crowdfunding
                         Insurance
                         Micro-Lending
                         E-commerce
                         Gambling

And more!

The important detail here is that like Bitcoin, Auroracoin was/is an international currency before it is a national currency for Iceland.

I personally own 0.2% of all auroracoin in current circulation and consider myself equal to every other stake holder in this project. With this in mind, what kind of accomodation can the auroracoin foundation give to an international representation for this coin?

Hi Mattakazulu (I suppose?),

Welcome back! I see you are as enthusiastic as ever  Grin

I do feel I have to tell you, once more, this project is (and has been from day one) about general adoption of crypto currency by the people of Iceland. So any incentive focussed on getting it used for activities outside of Iceland is not a priority for the dev-team. We are not saying we ignore such ideas, but we are focussing on targets set in the initial plans.

As you might know a lot of negativity came from speculations that were driven by exactly the things you propose here. We don't want that again, so we kindly ask you to help us to reach our goals by getting Iceland involved and let the rest of the world judge our accomplishments. You are more than welcome to contribute to this since we could always use active and enthusiastic supporters like you!

adamastor

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 05:51:30 PM

Crowdfunding
                         Insurance
                         Micro-Lending
                         E-commerce
                         Gambling

And more!

Hi Mattakazulu (I suppose?),

Welcome back! I see you are as enthusiastic as ever  Grin

I do feel I have to tell you, once more, this project is (and has been from day one) about general adoption of crypto currency by the people of Iceland. So any incentive focussed on getting it used for activities outside of Iceland is not a priority for the dev-team. We are not saying we ignore such ideas, but we are focussing on targets set in the initial plans.

As you might know a lot of negativity came from speculations that were driven by exactly the things you propose here. We don't want that again, so we kindly ask you to help us to reach our goals by getting Iceland involved and let the rest of the world judge our accomplishments. You are more than welcome to contribute to this since we could always use active and enthusiastic supporters like you!

hi ltex

my question was: "what kind of accomodation can the auroracoin foundation give to an international representation for this coin?"

I interpret your answer to this as none at all?

Do you make no room for international representation for auroracoin and if this is so will that stance ever change given that if you successfully circulate auros throughout the icelandic population the focus of project should grow to include natural foreign exchange that will occur bewteen icelanders and foregin entities?

Another way to look at it is to compare the auroracoin algorithm as the central bank of iceland. The CBOI makes provision for foreign exchange, surely those representing auroracoin should make provision for foreign exchange?
Bimmerhead
Legendary

Activity: 1291

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 07:36:38 PM

hi ltex

my question was: "what kind of accomodation can the auroracoin foundation give to an international representation for this coin?"

Do you make no room for international representation for auroracoin and if this is so will that stance ever change given that if you successfully circulate auros throughout the icelandic population the focus of project should grow to include natural foreign exchange that will occur bewteen icelanders and foregin entities?

Another way to look at it is to compare the auroracoin algorithm as the central bank of iceland. The CBOI makes provision for foreign exchange, surely those representing auroracoin should make provision for foreign exchange?

What do you mean by accommodation? Do you mean subsidy, or salary or some such? We are all volunteers here. If you want to build something for Auroracoin, just build it. If you have programming skills there are any number of things you can do.
adamastor

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:25:57 PM

hi ltex

What do you mean by accommodation? Do you mean subsidy, or salary or some such? We are all volunteers here. If you want to build something for Auroracoin, just build it. If you have programming skills there are any number of things you can do.

I'm mean create a position in the auroracoin foundation for someone with international interests.
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:35:37 PM

Crowdfunding
                         Insurance
                         Micro-Lending
                         E-commerce
                         Gambling

And more!

Since you address the foundation here I think I should add a bit on top of what LTEX has just explained.

There are two things that can give an altcoin some value. One is that it has some new technical feature/s that gives it advantage over Bitcoin and other altcoins and that is something Auroracoin does not have. The second is usage. A coin that could get common usage among the general public has value and that is what Auroracoin was designed to do. The idea was to distribute a coin to a nation where everyone could have a chance to participate and get free coins to start a functioning economy in a bang to see how and if a cryptocurrency at this early stage of development would work in mass adoption. From that every cryptocurrency including Bitcoin could take a lesson, regardless if Auroracoin would be successful or not. It would show how a cryptocurrency would be accepted by the general public, what legal, social, political and technical obstacles it might have to face and that is something that crypto in general will benefit from.

This is why the main focus in Auroracoin development is focused on Iceland as that is what gives Auroracoin it's value. Without this it is basically like most other Bitcoin clones out there, valueless. If however Auroracoin is successful in getting some proper adoption and usage in Iceland it would naturally be valuable for the rest of the world as it would have achieved something that no other altcoin has yet. So you can see how promoting and creating solutions for the coin in Iceland is more important and need to happen before any kind of development for the global market.

So that being cleared I want to address another thing and that is regarding the foundation that you were addressing. This is a common misunderstanding here so I just like to clear it up again. The Icelandic Auroracoin foundation is not and will never be the official developer of Auroracoin nor any other project related to it. Auroracoin is being developed by the Auroracoin developer group which is a separate entity and all other projects related to Auroracoin that are being worked on now are efforts of individuals or groups that support this coin and the idea behind it.

The Icelandic Auroracoin foundation as the name implies, was created to promote Auroracoin in Iceland and to educate the Icelandic public about Auroracoin and the blockchain technology. It was founded by Icelanders and it's members are and can only be Icelandic. It's an official entity that Icelandic people can turn to regarding any matter of Auroracoin be it for information, legal status or adoption. The foundation will of course have some weight in deciding what direction the coin will be developed as the foundation grows but it does not dictate it. The foundation got a donation of 1 million AUR from Baldur the founder of Auroracoin and the way that funds will be used are stated here http://aurarad.is/sjodurinn/. The site is in Icelandic but I hope that until we have time to put this on the English page on the foundation site that Google translate would suffice. To sum it up the M1 fund like we call it, will be spent on getting Auroracoin adopted in Iceland.

So regardless if you or anyone else is working on a project that contributes to Auroracoin being adopted in Iceland then that project would of course be eligible for support from the foundation. If you want support for your projects for adoption outside Iceland then you should direct that to the Auroracoin developer group or the community around Auroracoin.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm just clearing up a few things here so there is no misunderstanding about it. And like LTEX just stated, we could always use more active and enthusiastic supporters like you.
adamastor

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 08:45:22 PM

Since you address the foundation here I think I should add a bit on top of what LTEX has just explained.

There are two things that can give an altcoin some value. One is that it has some new technical feature/s that gives it advantage over Bitcoin and other altcoins and that is something Auroracoin does not have. The second is usage. A coin that could get common usage among the general public has value and that is what Auroracoin was designed to do. The idea was to distribute a coin to a nation where everyone could have a chance to participate and get free coins to start a functioning economy in a bang to see how and if a cryptocurrency at this early stage of development would work in mass adoption. From that every cryptocurrency including Bitcoin could take a lesson, regardless if Auroracoin would be successful or not. It would show how a cryptocurrency would be accepted by the general public, what legal, social, political and technical obstacles it might have to face and that is something that crypto in general will benefit from.

This is why the main focus in Auroracoin development is focused on Iceland as that is what gives Auroracoin it's value. Without this it is basically like most other Bitcoin clones out there, valueless. If however Auroracoin is successful in getting some proper adoption and usage in Iceland it would naturally be valuable for the rest of the world as it would have achieved something that no other altcoin has yet. So you can see how promoting and creating solutions for the coin in Iceland is more important and need to happen before any kind of development for the global market.

So that being cleared I want to address another thing and that is regarding the foundation that you were addressing. This is a common misunderstanding here so I just like to clear it up again. The Icelandic Auroracoin foundation is not and will never be the official developer of Auroracoin nor any other project related to it. Auroracoin is being developed by the Auroracoin developer group which is a separate entity and all other projects related to Auroracoin that are being worked on now are efforts of individuals or groups that support this coin and the idea behind it.

The Icelandic Auroracoin foundation as the name implies, was created to promote Auroracoin in Iceland and to educate the Icelandic public about Auroracoin and the blockchain technology. It was founded by Icelanders and it's members are and can only be Icelandic. It's an official entity that Icelandic people can turn to regarding any matter of Auroracoin be it for information, legal status or adoption. The foundation will of course have some weight in deciding what direction the coin will be developed as the foundation grows but it does not dictate it. The foundation got a donation of 1 million AUR from Baldur the founder of Auroracoin and the way that funds will be used are stated here http://aurarad.is/sjodurinn/. The site is in Icelandic but I hope that until we have time to put this on the English page on the foundation site that Google translate would suffice. To sum it up the M1 fund like we call it, will be spent on getting Auroracoin adopted in Iceland.

So regardless if you or anyone else is working on a project that contributes to Auroracoin being adopted in Iceland then that project would of course be eligible for support from the foundation. If you want support for your projects for adoption outside Iceland then you should direct that to the Auroracoin developer group or the community around Auroracoin.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I'm just clearing up a few things here so there is no misunderstanding about it. And like LTEX just stated, we could always use more active and enthusiastic supporters like you.

Thanks Skarfur

I bought the domain for www.auro-auro.com and want to develop an aurocoin crowdfunding platform where people can raise auros for their projects.

I would design the website myself but I dont have dreamweaver or an equivalent yet.
Skarfur

Activity: 258

View Profile
November 25, 2015, 09:03:28 PM

Thanks Skarfur

I bought the domain for www.auro-auro.com and want to develop an aurocoin crowdfunding platform where people can raise auros for their projects.

I would design the website myself but I dont have dreamweaver or an equivalent yet.

That is a great idea that is useful and a good addition to the Auroracoin ecosystem. Smiley

I would suggest for you to find a good crowdfunding platform to start with. Didn't study this myself but maybe you can find a good one from this list http://seedingfactory.com/index.html%3Fp=634.html. If you need any assistance just post here that you do and what exactly that would be and I'm sure that you will get support for your project.
Auroracoin (OP)

Activity: 61
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2015, 04:56:06 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2015, 05:28:43 PM by Auroracoin

Auroracoin

Today the Auraráð foundation has spent its first 25K AUR to acquire three very good assets that enable us to communicate much better with our community and potential users.

In this deal we have gotten possession of the following:

1. Auroracoin.com (this domain obviously is very valuable for future communication and will be used to inform mainly foreign audience)
2. Twitter account: CoinAurora (This account has over 10K followers, by far the most active twitter account to reach (former) Auroracoin enthousiasts
3. Facebook account: Auroracoins (This account has more than 1K followers as well)

We are very pleased with this deal and thank CoinHeavy for handing them over to us without demanding a profit (the amount paid is about the costs he had to maintain the accounts and host them).

- the Auroracoin DEV team -
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 106 »
  Print  

Jump to: