Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:18:37 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM IPO [Bakewell] - Finally, a 'transparent' investment that will 'grow'!  (Read 47726 times)
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 04:34:31 AM

Ian I know this thread isn't regarding your loan but you locked your loan thread.

You're three days overdue on your BTCjam loan, and now one full day overdue on your promise to pay according to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=146689.0.

I'll be honest I was suspicious due to the large amount of money and shares you had borrowed from the community. It looked like a cash out. The comments on BTCjam state that you intended to pay on the 8th (yesterday) but that time has come and gone.

Due to the large amount of money you've borrowed would you mind providing an update on this the next time you log in? Thanks.

I'm not seeing anywhere in that thread that he intended to make any payments on March 8th.  I'm reading that he didn't intend to start paying back until the end of the month.

"Payment schedule as follows:

March 1- borrow 600
March 8-  owe 621
March 15- owe 642.735
March 22- owe 665.230725
March 29- owe 688.5138 / 8 = 86.0647 payment = 602.4491 leftover"

No payment until March 29th - where do you see in that thread him saying he'll pay anything on 8th?

I was about as suspicious as you about all the loans he's taking (and borrowing things to 'short', some of which it's basically impossible to short - e.g. BTC-BOND) but not seeing how we was expected to make any payment yet.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 04:39:06 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2013, 05:13:48 AM by TradeFortress

BTCJAM was never a good platform for setting up dates / repayments.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 01:09:06 PM

BTCJAM was never a good platform for setting up dates / repayments.

Heh.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
foggyb
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2013, 06:31:12 PM

My contract with Ian stipulates interest payments to begin in April. So its a little early to be panicking just yet.

I just registered for the $PLOTS presale! Thank you @plotsfinance for allowing me to purchase tokens at the discounted valuation of only $0.015 per token, a special offer for anyone who participated in the airdrop. Tier II round is for the public at $0.025 per token. Allocation is very limited and you need to register first using the official Part III link found on their twitter. Register using my referral code CPB5 to receive 2,500 points.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 10, 2013, 03:30:28 AM

My contract with Ian stipulates interest payments to begin in April. So its a little early to be panicking just yet.
+1, however doesn't charge a 5% late fee or something if you're late by over 5 days?
potato5491

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 15, 2013, 05:51:20 PM

Furthering my Bitcoin experimentation, I now own a mighty pair of shares in BAKEWELL. Having never purchased shares before I am quite enjoying the experience.

Good luck Ian.

I should add that the BitFunder site is well designed.
wisard

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2013, 02:01:44 PM

On the bright side, after a hell of an interesting / nail biting morning... I think I was successful in placing an order for two Avalon ASIC (#2 batch) and I think I should be in the first handful of those orders.

Do we know how high up are we in the order list?

Avalon announced that they will be taking a break in the middle of the batch #2 delivery.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=155345.msg1647013#msg1647013

3, The shipment time of batch #2: Our team needs a vacation after months of day-and-night hard work, and we need time to summarize previous work, deal with issues and prepare the improvement of the future work. Further more, it takes time to produce the large amount of improved parts. So, the shipment of #2 will be delayed. Only a small amount of units will be shipped during late March to early April, but we will ship the batch #2 units in a super fast speed during middle Apirl to the end of Apirl.

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
wisard

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:58:49 AM

Part of the 1800 shares held in reserve for growth and maintenance seem to have been sold.

There is no account owning 1800 shares of Bakewell anymore...
https://bitfunder.com/assetlist

Buy me a beer or 2 if you enjoy my posts. BTC address: 1976Nb5u1T2haoxSZnJgHaemHYYtgKmTsU
nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:48:24 AM

Ian may have sold shares to raise capital for growth and maintenance.
wisard

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:55:11 AM

May be. We won't know until he comments.

Last time, he had taken a loan when 20BTC was short to purchase the 2nd Avalon - instead of selling growth shares.

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

👻

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 06:12:02 AM

May be. We won't know until he comments.

Last time, he had taken a loan when 20BTC was short to purchase the 2nd Avalon - instead of selling growth shares.
You'd expect growth and maintenance shares to be held (for the dividends) so they can keep growing in the future instead of growing once..
Deprived

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 09:41:59 AM

Doesn't look good - was about to post on this myself.  Noticed someone had dumped a bunch so immediately checked to see if it was Ian (he'd been selling his own ones before).

Looks very much like he's borrowing (stealing) from the company.  Hopefully it's to repay his loans not to do a runner - though it's still theft of course.  It can't really be to expand - as even if he sold the lot into what orders are left there wouldn't be enough cash to buy an Avalon.

Anyone want some Bakewell shares that just got sold to me cheap?  Lol.

Silly thing is if the company keeps going the shares are actually very cheap considering they have a Batch 2 Avalon order.  So I'm not too fussed about just getting dumped a bunch of them - as the significant risk he was going to scam/steal was always factored in when I placed the bid.  Though wasn't expecting him to dump Growth shares - was more expecting him to dump rest of his personal (if he has any left) or some panicky investor to sell cheap.
potato5491

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 12:53:40 PM

I am... Outta here! Got cold feet and just sold my puny stake.

Knowing my luck though the next post will be a picture of Ian standing next to a mountain of shiny Avalons...
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 01:22:01 PM

lol

MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 03:57:16 PM

Doesn't look good - was about to post on this myself.  Noticed someone had dumped a bunch so immediately checked to see if it was Ian (he'd been selling his own ones before).

Looks very much like he's borrowing (stealing) from the company.  Hopefully it's to repay his loans not to do a runner - though it's still theft of course.  It can't really be to expand - as even if he sold the lot into what orders are left there wouldn't be enough cash to buy an Avalon.

Silly thing is if the company keeps going the shares are actually very cheap considering they have a Batch 2 Avalon order.  So I'm not too fussed about just getting dumped a bunch of them - as the significant risk he was going to scam/steal was always factored in when I placed the bid.  Though wasn't expecting him to dump Growth shares - was more expecting him to dump rest of his personal (if he has any left) or some panicky investor to sell cheap.

This "growth shares" nonsense has to go.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Deprived

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 04:34:45 PM

Yeah - though if they didnt exist assume he would have just sold treasury ones instead.  Whatever's going on, he's obvious desperate for cash (when BTC rose sharply last few days thought he'd be in trouble as he'd been borrowing BTC to invest in something fiat).
Peter Lambert

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
March 26, 2013, 05:18:30 PM

We keep saying that, but I don't think Ian is listening.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 09:14:12 PM

so how much you all get screwed over for this time ?

MPOE-PR

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:19:20 PM

I guess about 500 BTC?

nameface

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:32:19 PM

I guess about 500 BTC?
Even if he was a scammer, he'd figure something better out than stealing a few hundred coins before tanking his entire enterprise. Would he really sacrifice his reputation for such a small amount of money? Don't get me wrong, the money is significant, but someone who understands bitcoin as well as Ian, with a good reputation has way more to gain than a few hundred bitcoin. I seriously doubt Ian absconded with the money.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: