Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:18:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAM IPO [Bakewell] - Finally, a 'transparent' investment that will 'grow'!  (Read 47726 times)
strello

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 08:15:10 PM

Thanks for the support nameface!

It is futile to speak of liberty as long as economic slavery exists.

My GPG key

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
superbit

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:26:59 PM

Why is this thread closed?

https://bitfinex.com/?refcode=UInJLQ5KpA <-- leveraged trading of BTCUSD, LTCUSD and LTCBTC (long and short) - 10% discount on fees for the first 30 days with the refcode
My feedback thread: Forum thread
nameface

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:37:05 PM

Why is this thread closed?
It's not, it's called closed because the scammer who started the thread renamed it.
nameface

View Profile
April 09, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

Thanks for the support nameface!
So what's the next move? I think we can get the bitcoin community behind us here.
Who should we contact? I know this guy is involved in Avalon http://www.linkedin.com/in/yifuguo.
strello

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 12:10:48 AM

Great place to start!

We need some more names behind any approach.

Please, Bakewell shareholders, and any others in the community with an interest in deterring this and future scamming,

NOW is the time to make yourselves heard. Express your support for approaching Avalon here and now.

Or come up with any other suggestions.

My GPG key
usagi
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 03:32:09 AM

Great place to start!

We need some more names behind any approach.

Please, Bakewell shareholders, and any others in the community with an interest in deterring this and future scamming,

NOW is the time to make yourselves heard. Express your support for approaching Avalon here and now.

Or come up with any other suggestions.

The Usagi plan:

1. Immediately, we need to appoint an interim director of BAKEWELL. Everyone propose someone or someone volunteer. We then run a shareholder motion.
2. With the authorization of the shareholder motion, this person can contact Avalon and have BAKEWELL's orders rerouted.
3. The BAKEWELL problem is solved for the short and medium term.

For people who were ripped off via loan/etc:
1. Contact an Edmonton lawyer and state you need representation for small claims court.
2. Mention amounts in dollars only -- although bitcoin is a currency deal with it as the way you transferred the money to Ian, not the central theme of the case.
3. Don't forget that he bought hardware in dollars with the money you sent him. This isn't a fantasy monopoly money case. Tell them he took the hardware and disappeared.
4. Also try contacting an Edmonton-based PI. You can probably get them to find out where Ian is for as little as a bitcoin at today's rates. Just say you want them to confirm his location and you want "a picture". That should run you a bitcoin if you can provide his info (posted here) and you will be able to get a lot more info on him like where he works, friends and associates -- information which will be valuable in any (legal) social campaign to recover the money. Make sure you share the info here and on the scam accusation forum so the information is available to any employment or background check search for Ian or any of his associates.

Now, if anyone is serious about going after him, you should work together. Designate a leader for your group who will act on your behalf, and actually put up a little money for this. Say if you get 10 people, each put up a bitcoin or two. You will certainly get somewhere with a well-run organization like that. I've considered forming some kind of group or company like a bounty hunter company to go after people like Ian. HashKing is another one that needs to be chased after legally. But it will never happen unless people start organizing and realizing that it does cost money to hire a lawyer. Don't be afraid to do this. If the case is clear cut, and there are witnesses, you are almost assured a judgement esp. in canadian small claims court. And I strongly suspect that dragging someone into the public eye like this (the story WILL get picked up by the press) will probably be enough to get someone to pay.

FWIW Ian only owes me a very small amount of money, probably not enough for me to get involved. I am just saying this and trying to help out because I think he deserves to get hog-tied and repeatedly bitch-slapped.

But if no one does anything with the police or an Edmonton lawyer he will probably get away with it.

We especially need someone local to Ian to represent and run this. It would be so much easier if a Canadian, especially someone from Alberta or Edmonton, could step up and guide us through this.
fourd00rgtz

Activity: 151

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:41:23 AM

I am only out ~10btc (damnit that's $2k+ today), but I do live in Calgary AB and drive to work through (more like around on the ring road) Edmonton on my way to work south of Ft. Macmurray AB. I drive a company vehicle and carry another employee. Meaning I cannot stop for a few hours on my way through and be the P.I. that might be wanted..... My personal vehicles are also currently down for repairs so I wouldn't be helpful on days off either for a while.

Should I be the only/closest one willing to help, I'll do what I can but whats needed is someone from Edmonton (1m people) because its a 3hr drive each way for me from my place.
nameface

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 05:45:20 AM

Let's get this Avalon rerouted. Do we need to contact Bitfunder and go through them?
fourd00rgtz

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:06:14 AM

Google cached version of the bitfunder page from Mar 25th.
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:https://bitfunder.com/asset/BAKEWELL

Text captured:

Details

BAKEWELL is an asset that originated on the GLBSE & is seeking a new home at BitFunder
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104489.msg1498848#msg1498848

Summary

6000 shares outstanding
 3000 sold to public @ .15 per (raising 450 BTC)
 1800 given to growth and maintenance (bakewellfund)
 1200 given to Ian Bakewell - Founders Stake

Currently operating two gaming rigs (value $4000 CAD, paid 375 BTC) each being 2x7970 for a total of 2600mhash
 - These will be sold when our Avalon ASIC arrive. The funds raised from the sale will be used to purchase Avalon expansion modules

Currently waiting on our two Avalon ASIC mining machines to arrive (value $3000 USD, paid 151.59914357 BTC) We are in the first handfull of orders in Batch #2

Description

BAKEWELL is an asset that originated on the GLBSE & is seeking a new home at BitFunder
 https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=104489.msg1498848#msg1498848

nameface

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:11:47 AM

Ok, the wheels are in motion on my end. I'll keep ya'll posted.
fourd00rgtz

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:26:25 AM

***2 Avalons***
Yogafan00000

Activity: 314
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 01:55:09 PM

Good luck, you guys, Although I have no skin in this, I seriously considered investing 6 months ago.

Don't let this creep get away with it.

1YogAFA... (oh, nevermind)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2013, 06:20:02 PM

Great work you guys!  I knew Officer Pond would get the testosterone/aggression/motivation flowing.   Cheesy

So who is going to camp out on Bakewell's doorstep and sign for the Avalons (using the docs he kindly provided of course)?   Grin

Or might it be easier to "prove" you're Bakewell to Avalon and have them re-routed?   Tongue

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
nameface

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 06:52:50 PM

Or might it be easier to "prove" you're Bakewell to Avalon and have them re-routed?   Tongue

We can go this route. We need to talk to someone at Bitfunder now. Who's in charge there?
LoweryCBS

Activity: 364

firstbits 1LoCBS

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:14:59 PM

Of course, in a couple of hours Ian might be in-the-money on his short.
strello

View Profile
April 10, 2013, 07:56:56 PM

Or might it be easier to "prove" you're Bakewell to Avalon and have them re-routed?   Tongue

We can go this route. We need to talk to someone at Bitfunder now. Who's in charge there?

To answer that one first, Ukyo, apparently. I and others have been posting directly at him in Bitfunder threads asking for his response. So far not a word from him. This is very disappointing behaviour from the face of Bitfunder, and maybe suggests some sort of collusion in the scam. /deliberate provocation!

I think that a lot of usagi's suggestions are very useful. Thanks very much to usagi and all other posters for your support here. I think part 1 is essential:

1. Immediately, we need to appoint an interim director of BAKEWELL. Everyone propose someone or someone volunteer. We then run a shareholder motion.

I would love to volunteer myself, but I'm currently seriously sick in hospital, just a day out of intensive care, and just don't have the health for it right now. I only have the strength for sporadic rabble rousing, off the wall suggestions and occasional support.

I believe that we might have an ideal opportunity here to:

1. Maybe get something recovered. We have to block the Avalon delivery now. There has not been anything like the idea of a shareholder takeover suggested in the Bitcoin world yet as far as I know. Now, as there is clearly massive new interest in Bitcoin, is the time. He has mismanaged this whole business from day one, we've trusted him with our money, and he has continuously treated all his shareholders like dirt.

2. I also think usagi is spot on that we need someone in Canada to contact the local authorities- police, local lawyer, and financial authorities. Any Canadians out there who can get this in motion, and soon. fourd00rgtz- can you do any of this stuff? A slush fund is probably a very good idea.

3. Publicise the scam as widely as possible. Maybe helping the future scam deterrent factor, helping the whole bitcoin community.

4. Publicly humiliate this little creep, and attempt to shut down as much as possible of his online life. As much negative info as possible should be posted to as many places and people which may have any interest in him. Friends, if any, family, acquaintances fom the past and any of his other areas of interest, second life etc.

I am surprised about the lack of response so far from ex-Bakewell shareholders. I wonder if the thread title change has confused people. I think we should start a new thread in Securities with Bakewell in the title. Something like "Bakewell scam recovery/ shareholder takeover/ scam deterrence. Call for support from shareholders and the community" Crap title, eh?

I've just seen LoweryCBS's comment as I went to post this. Yep, anything's possible, but all the signs so and a huge chasm of silence smells very bad to me. Do we really want to wait for his short gamble to pay off, just to let him fuck us over again?

My GPG key
strello

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:55:36 PM

The Bakewell Scam story continues over here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=172471.0

And it's starting to get interesting...

My GPG key
strello

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 10:40:34 AM

To Ian Bakewell.

Ian, on April 1st, 2013, you froze the Bakewell asset on Bitfunder, telling Ukyo that you would be contacting and dealing with the shareholders to quote from your skype conversation with Ukyo:

"I will be dealing with the company through the forum from now on."

Not one of the shareholders has heard anything from you since that date.

The shareholder group, now demands that you contact us to discuss the future of Bakewell.

Please PM nameface, strello, wisard, MikeMark, fourd00rgtz, or scrybe, as they are the most active of the shareholders online.

We demand you respond to this message before 12.00 UTC Wednesday April 24th 2013.

If you don't respond by that time, we will be taking further steps to recover funds and assets that you have stolen from us.

This message has been posted to the original Bakewell thread, and emailed to your known email address, ian.bakewell@gmail.com.

My GPG key
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:25:08 PM

Could a moderator rename this thread? The current title, "Closed", is not very descriptive, it should go back to the previous title.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
nameface

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:25:40 PM

Could a moderator rename this thread? The current title, "Closed", is not very descriptive, it should go back to the previous title.
+1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: