Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:56:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you sell coins ?  (Read 7746 times)
hunkey600

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 08:52:50 AM

i also use bitstamp, never had any problem...its good. Still you can cover all the options.

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Bitdonator
Legendary

Activity: 1223
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:03:33 AM

BTC-e, Bit-x and Cryptsy.
Dotakels

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 01:55:56 PM

Sell in trusted and a famous exchanger and you know that is not a scam and your money is safe.

not always, looks at bitstamp and bitfinex they are famous exchange and they were trustable back then but they got hacked, no exchange should be trusted they are subordinated to hackers
But you are sure about that exchange are trusted and have a good services.

good services maybe, but trusted no, my point is that they are being used only because they are the most trusted, but no trusted 100%, and you are in the end to be bound to use them, you have no choice, they are the less worse out there
They are 100% trusted because they not break or put a bad comments on their names for just only to scam you. And my point is, in your country that exchanger is most trusted and 100% trusted because its fame exchanger and your government will notice if that exchanger do a wrong things like scamming.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:25:36 PM

if you come from a european country i recommend coinimal.com or anydirect.eu. Both are registered companies in Austria and the Netherlands and offer instant SEPA payment options for buying and selling.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 06:20:33 AM

Sell in trusted and a famous exchanger and you know that is not a scam and your money is safe.

not always, looks at bitstamp and bitfinex they are famous exchange and they were trustable back then but they got hacked, no exchange should be trusted they are subordinated to hackers

good services maybe, but trusted no, my point is that they are being used only because they are the most trusted, but no trusted 100%, and you are in the end to be bound to use them, you have no choice, they are the less worse out there
They are 100% trusted because they not break or put a bad comments on their names for just only to scam you. And my point is, in your country that exchanger is most trusted and 100% trusted because its fame exchanger and your government will notice if that exchanger do a wrong things like scamming.

if they are 100% trusted then why no one leaves more than what you needs to do trading in those exchange? because nothing is 100% trusted, at best it is the most trusted
Dotakels

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 12:25:47 PM

if they are 100% trusted then why no one leaves more than what you needs to do trading in those exchange? because nothing is 100% trusted, at best it is the most trusted
What you are mean "no one leaves more than what you needs to do trading in those exchange?" i didn't understand.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 03:05:09 PM

What you are mean "no one leaves more than what you needs to do trading in those exchange?" i didn't understand.

usually big traders, or everyone with some intelligence, don't hold all his money on exchange, but only those few coins that he need there for trading, otherwise you can't catch the P%D to perform your move quickly enough in the market
Dotakels

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:36:47 PM

usually big traders, or everyone with some intelligence, don't hold all his money on exchange, but only those few coins that he need there for trading, otherwise you can't catch the P%D to perform your move quickly enough in the market
So you mean that, people who have or have intelligence or who are have an experience in trading don't hold they coins and they using their coins so that they can use it to grow their coins or make a profit of it.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:12:39 AM

So you mean that, people who have or have intelligence or who are have an experience in trading don't hold they coins and they using their coins so that they can use it to grow their coins or make a profit of it.

i mean that if you do not want that hacker steal your coins , you do not leaves them on any exchange, minus thsoe used for trading, because every exchange has carry a certain risk, and those big trusted exchange are not excluded
Dotakels

View Profile
May 31, 2015, 07:55:47 AM

i mean that if you do not want that hacker steal your coins , you do not leaves them on any exchange, minus thsoe used for trading, because every exchange has carry a certain risk, and those big trusted exchange are not excluded
I don't leave my coins in exchanger i only exchange my bitcoin in fiat money. So you mean that risk is when you send your coins so that they will sent the pay out for your selling bitcoin.
Bizmark13

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

WikiScams.org - Information about Bitcoin Scams

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 02:23:41 AM

Well, I like LocalBitcoin and if I am really desperate, I would use a exchange.

The problem with using the exchange is all the KYC and AML regulations you have to jump through to get registered and validated, before you can do transactions.

It's so much easier to trade with someone local, if you find them on LocalBitcoin. {A bit more risky, but it works very well, if you find a reliable person}

Start with small amounts, until you form a good relation and trust, and do this in a public setting.

This, except I sell on LocalBitcoins for the same reasons why I buy the majority of my coins there as well.

I'm a New Zealander and while we have a few exchanges over here, our country lacks any major ones and those exchanges that do exist have markups that don't differ that much from buying from LocalBitcoins. Using overseas exchanges is a bit of a hassle once fees are taken into account and most have minimum deposit/withdrawal limits which far exceed the small amounts which I typically deal with when buying and selling. I've been very happy with buying and selling on LocalBitcoins so far, and since I only trade with those who have a good trading history and lots of positive feedback, my experience has been very positive.

Fees aren't a huge problem. Last month, I sold about $50 USD worth of BTC via LBC. The difference was between the actual price and the price I sold the coins for was probably less than $3 USD.

Not to mention selling on LBC typically requires no proof of ID since the buyer assumes no risk in the transaction.

EDIT: Probably should have mentioned that all of my trades so far have been either online or done via cash deposit at a bank. The latter is also a good way to buy bitcoins without ID requirements.
maheshmahi

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 04:45:00 AM

I used localbitcoin.
It is the best for buying and selling bitcoins.
fukuda

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 01, 2015, 06:27:37 PM

Bitstamp. Enough volume. Good prices. Easy transactions. Low rates. No problems
clipman77
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 07:29:56 AM

I've chosen two yobit and bittrex I am pleased with them.
Amph
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 01:03:10 PM

Bitstamp. Enough volume. Good prices. Easy transactions. Low rates. No problems

too bad it's require id for every transaction and every amount, i removed my account there(i let it expire based on their policy), not gonna bother with an exchange tha t can't provide at least partial anonimity(which mean that it will require only your name and nothing else)
ilyasilyaso

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 05, 2015, 04:05:57 PM

there is no company trusted 100% but there is some of them can say almost trusted

i prefer BTC-e
xKARELx

Activity: 420

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:26:08 PM

Where do you sell your coins ? i use a swedish Exchange to BUY coins, but they don't take sell orders lol.
thought it would be good to know a few sites if the big day to sell comes hehe
on the situation, basically waiting for the peak of the increase of coins and then I start selling ... or when they start to fall very sharply in the price)
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 03:37:24 PM

well, I swapped the coins I own to the famous exchanger, and it has a very fast process. well, maybe sometimes I exchange it in the exchanger that has the coin. Currently, there are some exchangers that do not support new coins. so sometimes I switched it to an exchanger with the coin.
cryptotitan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:30:26 PM

for me bittrex is the most safe place to trade coins buy or sell.

CodeGroup4

Activity: 47

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 04:39:33 PM

There are many places to sell coins. You should select a perfect marketplace and then decide to sell coin on them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: