Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:29:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 212 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 304455 times)
Shadew

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 08:43:27 AM

It does indeed matter because were talking about money here and money doesnt just grow on trees or we could just poop them out everyday and produce more .. just by seeing the price go up ppl went crazy
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:03:14 AM

I think yes. When the price is up we get more attention from media and society. Think about the time when Bitcoin went to 1000 USD. This attention brings new people to Bitcoin. So in general rising prices are good.
When the price was up to that level I started to look into bitcoin so it did bring me in and probably a few other people.

On a selfish note I would like to price to drop to below $100 so I can grab loads as I missed out at the start but in answer to the question yes the price is important and I don't think we will ever see a stable price, it will always fluctuate quite heavily.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:15:14 AM

It does indeed matter because were talking about money here and money doesnt just grow on trees or we could just poop them out everyday and produce more .. just by seeing the price go up ppl went crazy

tell that to the government, for them it's kind grow on trees, but despite this it's matter nonetheless, with bitcoin it matter more, because there is the need to increase adoption

one way to do this is increasing the value first, new investors will come like flies, then...
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:36:48 AM

It doesn't matter to me as far as my cold wallet coins goes right now, as I don't plan to sell them within 5 years anyway. It's also not important for me when it comes to spending Bitcoin. If I have to pay some one $50 worth of Bitcoin for something I bought, I simply convert fiat currency into Bitcoin and then send that person his $50 worth in BTC. Very easy Smiley

When it comes to trading, the price for me is very important. I am trading for years now and the profits in BTC are in 90% of the times directly sent to my cold wallets. That's how I am accumulating coins for several years now.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 10:47:01 AM

For me, yes it does

Don't know how else I would know if I could make the right decisions in investing/trading/buying or not

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:05:38 PM

it matters a lot... specially in trading... and also in spending your bitcoins...you don't wanna spend you coins specially if the value is low...

Smiley

Yep that is true. And a rising price also attracts more and more potentially new partcipants as they see some possibilities to make profit with Bitcoin.Hopefully they see the long term potential and not only the quick buck which many of them are looking for.
fastdice.com

Activity: 252

Worlds fastest Dice Game - http://fastdice.com

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 12:15:34 PM

As a 4000 plus trader on localbitcoin I can say that the price means nothing, I see many traders freak out and stop buying and selling when there is movement, but I just ride all the high and lows without issue. Always buy coins when offered and always sell when buyers come regardless of price drop or increase. I find that if I make a loss, the very next trade will rebound as I am buying at the new lower rate anyway.
HOWEVER saying that, it does give me the shits when I cant other pro trader using me as their scape goat when there is a drop on bitstamp and LBC has about 10 to 15 min before catch up. In that case I have told a few to cancel, BUT even then I normally buy. Bit scarey with the ups and downs over the last few weeks, but as I rode the increases while selling, I killed it. More than enough to cover the odd ball loss.
Not sure if a stable BTC and lower set margins is better than making a killing or even loosing on massive up's and down.
That is from a LBC trader point of view!!! NOT a investor. I only buy coins to sell them.

richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 03:55:42 PM

It definitely matters as I buy every month a certain amount worth of $ in Bitcoin to hold for the future. The lower the price is, the more Bitcoins I get for the same amount of fiat I can spend every month.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 04:39:04 PM

It depends! To the most of the people it matters since they are in this only profit wise. I will admit that it matters to me as well to the certain degree, but only to the certain degree.

If I would know that Bitcoin will be successful for sure in the future, I would careless about the price until this doesn't happen, until Bitcoin doesn't succeed completely. I think that Bitcoin having its price is a major drawback for the Bitcoin. Why? Because people judge about its success only by its price and that's a big weight on the shoulders to carry. For example, Internet didn't have this weight on the shoulders especially during the hard times of its development.

Just my two cents..
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:05:24 PM

if it is about trading, then yes. the bitcoin price is very important. if it is for holding bitcoin, then not. i will not sell my coins right now for peanuts when i can sell them for much much more a few years later.
NewInCryptoCurrency

Activity: 326

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 05:21:29 PM

People like holding bitcoins so yeah that is really important for them.

Also for people that really like BTC. O never heard that the prize is not that important. So yeah.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 07:26:55 PM

Of course it does, it matters a lot, more than a lto of people is willing to admit for some reason. If we let the price stagnate to much, an inertia of loss of trust happens. In any case, it probably means less than a lot of people think specially at the current development stage were we are still at a version 0.11 and things haven't even begun yet.
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 09:27:30 PM

Stabillity or controlled grow matters more. It's just that so much fluctuation attracts the wrong kind of people.

What you need is the masses and they scare (panic sell) with a 20% price drop in a day..

mouneshwar123

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

Large scale, green crypto mining ICO

View Profile
November 19, 2015, 01:41:22 PM

Bitcoin price will matter to me till a day when I can buy anything and everything with BitcoinsBTC without having to exchange bitcoins for dollars. But that day is not too far,its coming.

RKing

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 04:23:58 PM

The price of bitcoin matters to some extent. When the price is high, the total value of bitcoin is also high. So it is difficult for somebody to manipulate the price easily.
erickimani

Activity: 42

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 06:20:40 PM

those saying that the price dont matter must be lying. everybody holds bitcoin to have some value and most are investors in bitcoin. Those saying what matters is the trend, isn't that trend related to the price? to me the price matters a lot
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:19:02 PM

those saying that the price dont matter must be lying. everybody holds bitcoin to have some value and most are investors in bitcoin. Those saying what matters is the trend, isn't that trend related to the price? to me the price matters a lot

The price doesn't matter. I'm not lying. It might matter to speculators (and people that call themselves investors), but it doesn't matter to Bitcoin.

But it has a very strong psychological weight, when the price of something is high it gets way more respect as an investment and haters become believers, and the ones that don't became really pissed that the price goes up. When the price goes up the anti Bitcoin people become mad so I want the price to be really high just to see how they get pissed off.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:19:30 PM

The price doesn't matter. I'm not lying. It might matter to speculators (and people that call themselves investors), but it doesn't matter to Bitcoin.

To Bitcoin the price indeed doesn't matter. For certain services and gambling sites that do their business solely with Bitcoin also don't care about the fiat value to a certain extent as they still have to pay for hosting and so in.
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:21:07 PM

The price of bitcoin matters to some extent. When the price is high, the total value of bitcoin is also high. So it is difficult for somebody to manipulate the price easily.
most people need some kind of anchor to set themselves to. So they use examples as to 3goats=1cow and so on. Same goes to bitcoin and value is created by consensus demand. But in my opinion, the price of a single bitcoin does not matter since the technology is priceless.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
Digit-0

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

in the end, you only find the beginning

View Profile
November 23, 2015, 07:29:33 PM

Ofc that its matter, bitcoin needs a value, i must agree with some users that said that this is a task from speculators, well is some cases yes, thats true.

Btw i think the correct question should be: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter NOW?

my answer will be, yes, but not as much as in 5-10 years Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 212 »
  Print  

Jump to: