Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:13:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 212 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of Bitcoin Matter?  (Read 304455 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:17:08 AM

Yes Bitcoin price is matter, the higher the price its mean more demand, the more demands mean lots of people is interested

if a lot of people is interested its could mean bitcoin going to last longer

also most of them think bitcoin as passive income, the higher the price its mean the people's income will become larger

Eventually when everyone does know about bitcoin and have made a choice to use it or not, the price probably wouldn't matter.

this will only be true when the price will be very high already, so yes at that point it won't matter anymore, because it will be already enough for everyone to use it
eternalgloom
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2015, 12:04:02 PM

I would argue that it's beneficial for Bitcoin if we see a slow but steady price increase.
Too much volatility isn't good, makes people less likely to use Bitcoin as a currency. 

bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:27:37 PM

Yes Bitcoin price is matter, the higher the price its mean more demand, the more demands mean lots of people is interested

also most of them think bitcoin as passive income, the higher the price its mean the people's income will become larger

Eventually when everyone does know about bitcoin and have made a choice to use it or not, the price probably wouldn't matter.

this will only be true when the price will be very high already, so yes at that point it won't matter anymore, because it will be already enough for everyone to use it

I agree with this. It would also have to be at a stable value for this to happen. But until then the price is going to matter, for now at least. We still need fiat in our day to day life so yes it does matter.
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:31:25 PM

It matter to me. If it didn't, we wouldn't all be investing into bitcoin. This is why I don't understand why for some people it doesn't matter. How would you know how much it would be worth?
You're still going to need fiat since you can't pay with bitcoin everywhere and pay bills with fiat as well.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:32:54 PM

I would argue that it's beneficial for Bitcoin if we see a slow but steady price increase.
Too much volatility isn't good, makes people less likely to use Bitcoin as a currency. 

volatility attracts traders. these kind of traders are only not interested in bitcoin as technology. they just want the profits. these kind of traders will leave the scene once the volatility starts to decrease heavily.
zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:40:29 PM

Of course it does matter if you have bitcoins especially when you have a lot of it. But in my case I don't have that much so it's not really my main concern about bitcoin.
gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 03:53:15 PM

Price matters a lot in some cases when it comes to miners, as they are working to get the network going, and as the talks about halving are on fire these days, I guess price is the most important factor being seen as the same nowadays...

Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

volatility attracts traders. these kind of traders are only not interested in bitcoin as technology. they just want the profits. these kind of traders will leave the scene once the volatility starts to decrease heavily.

Volatility in Bitcoin will be present for a while in the future. It won't dissappear just like that. I would say that we need to grow quite a lot more market cap wise for us to become more stable. How much exactly? Well I would say that we need to grow at least 30 fold to see some major stability.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:25:35 AM

As long we use USD as method to pay for everyday stuff to a yacht, yes it matter.
randy8777
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:04:26 AM

Volatility in Bitcoin will be present for a while in the future. It won't dissappear just like that. I would say that we need to grow quite a lot more market cap wise for us to become more stable. How much exactly? Well I would say that we need to grow at least 30 fold to see some major stability.

the current market cap isn't even the most important aspect. the amount of order books is what is causing the volatility to be very heavy. order books are very thin and cause a lot panic when leading exchanges are going fully nuts. currently the chinese "giant" exchanges huobi, okcoin and btcchina rule the market. if these exchanges will be combined in a single order book, then i am sure the volatility will decrease significantly. even with the current market cap.
Invulner

Activity: 266

Invulner

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:06:48 AM

Of course it does.... For now anyway. But in the near future fiat currency will be worthless and there will be no point trying to value bitcoins in terms of worthless dollars.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:13:05 AM

As long we use USD as method to pay for everyday stuff to a yacht, yes it matter.
forever we will continue to use USD as a payment system, it must
i think it is not a matter in the bitcoin price
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 08:41:13 AM

the current market cap isn't even the most important aspect. the amount of order books is what is causing the volatility to be very heavy. order books are very thin and cause a lot panic when leading exchanges are going fully nuts. currently the chinese "giant" exchanges huobi, okcoin and btcchina rule the market. if these exchanges will be combined in a single order book, then i am sure the volatility will decrease significantly. even with the current market cap.

You are right mate but we are still very, very small. You get 1000 serious buyers over the night because they have seen a documentary about Bitcoin and they would be able to make a chaos to the price! That's really my only point!
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:43:53 AM

Well if you are trying to make a profit, of course it.

If you are just buying stuff with Bitcoin, then the price doesn't matter.

For me, it does matter.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:01:27 AM

Well if you are trying to make a profit, of course it.

If you are just buying stuff with Bitcoin, then the price doesn't matter.

For me, it does matter.

if you're trying to make profit, the only thing that matter is instability not the price per se

just increase the leverage if the difference is lower, for example at 200 per bitcoin, you can play on the range of 200-300, with 1k per coin, you will play at the range of 1000-1200+ for example

the difference is bigger in the second case, so you need less bitcoin in play to hav emore profit, in the first case you simply increase the leverage
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:08:45 AM

forever we will continue to use USD as a payment system, it must
i think it is not a matter in the bitcoin price
as long as most people dont have bitcoin it matters, you cant honestly tell me you want to get paid flat in bitcoin with its unstable price?

let me put it in other way, if you are a holder, yes it matter, if you just using exchanger to transfer your money then it does not matter.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:28:11 AM

The bitcoin price does matter, as the higher it is, the more people it encourages to participate in the bitcoin community. This is why we all should strive to drive the bitcoin price up. Even if it is a pump, people will join as they see the price is gigantic, and with every new user, the bitcoin price goes up.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
MaritiJames3

Activity: 448

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:32:01 AM

Regardless of trade profit, bitcoin as a payment system needs to have a value, preferably a stable value so people know how much they can spend it.
A high or low value doesn't matter as much to reach it's mail goal.

HarryKPeters

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:58:55 AM

It will always matter. People need a stable value and thus they can spend it. If we get mass adaption, then pray the market manipulators go away.
They are ruining bitcoin's potential.

mexicantarget
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1043

Cypherpunk (& cyberpunk)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 12:00:43 PM

It matters for miners, yes. If it wasn't attractive, people wouldn't mine it. If people stopped mined it, there would be 2 scenarios.
Either bitcoin would die (hard to believe this one although), or scenario #2 wealthy people would accumulate more and do their thing Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 212 »
  Print  

Jump to: