Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:11:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
rattle99

Activity: 518
Merit: 107

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 02:52:27 PM

Did we have a planned pump today?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hakkane

Activity: 422
Merit: 270

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:00:48 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new, tell me about the platform?

Check the wiki: https://siawiki.tech/index

A good article to start is: https://siawiki.tech/about/introduction_to_sia

and do you encrypting, guyz?

All the data uploaded to the Sia network is encrypted by the TwoFish algorithm, considered one of the safest available.

seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:11:50 PM

The Sia pump happened today is really impressive. It is like that of Nxt which had been pumped hard for two weeks.
Is there some particular reason for this pump?
cryqtovn83

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:21:45 PM

Sia would be good when they should release their products and keep it working well in 2018
Price very good for long term now
Hakkane

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:26:17 PM

The Sia pump happened today is really impressive. It is like that of Nxt which had been pumped hard for two weeks.

In my modest opinion, it is due to the incoming hardfork at block 135000 (in about 2-3 days):

- The hardfork news are giving a lot of visibility to Sia. Unfortunately most of the traders that move the markets do not read accurate sources of information and believed for several months the project was dying (totally false, the development has not stopped at any time and we had very good news in the last months). So more exposure in the social media lead to people read about Sia.

- A lot of traders have the miss-conception that the hardfork will drive to the creation of 2 coins in a similar was as Bitcoin Cash fork, so they are buying SC ahead of the fork. This is totally incorrect and people need to understand that this hardork will not create two coins: It is network upgrade that will make old client versions incompatible with the new rules of the blockchain. All users, miners and exchanges are going to use the new blockchain rules, and so the legacy chain will be abandoned. The Siacoin we will all use is the new one, and the legacy Siacoin will not be listed on any exchange, as no miners will mine for it, no users will use it.
bgblevins

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:36:44 PM

So for a newbie here, Do we need to do anything with our Siacoin? Or just continue to hold?
TraderInc

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:45:37 PM

Sia has taken off recently.
Were any new exchanges added recently ?
This was quiet surprising
TraderInc

Merit: 109

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:47:49 PM

In my modest opinion, it is due to the incoming hardfork at block 135000 (in about 2-3 days):

- The hardfork news are giving a lot of visibility to Sia. Unfortunately most of the traders that move the markets do not read accurate sources of information and believed for several months the project was dying (totally false, the development has not stopped at any time and we had very good news in the last months). So more exposure in the social media lead to people read about Sia.

- A lot of traders have the miss-conception that the hardfork will drive to the creation of 2 coins in a similar was as Bitcoin Cash fork, so they are buying SC ahead of the fork. This is totally incorrect and people need to understand that this hardork will not create two coins: It is network upgrade that will make old client versions incompatible with the new rules of the blockchain. All users, miners and exchanges are going to use the new blockchain rules, and so the legacy chain will be abandoned. The Siacoin we will all use is the new one, and the legacy Siacoin will not be listed on any exchange, as no miners will mine for it, no users will use it.

Thanks for the Clarification.
Is there a expected date for the hard fork ?
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 03:54:31 PM

Thanks for this explanation. It helped a lot.
So basically Sia was much undervalued in the past months, so when people found they are totally wrong, correction happens.
I hope I knew this earlier.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2017, 04:00:03 PM

I have heard that sia is planning to launch its own campaign, what about the original concept, i mean the cloud storage services should be developed and be a success before launching a new project.

Hakkane

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:04:41 PM

It will be at block 135000 and we are currently at block 134679 (you can check the current block at https://www.siastats.info/index.html). Block time average is 10 minutes, so the hardfork is expected in 53 hours

So for a newbie here, Do we need to do anything with our Siacoin? Or just continue to hold?

If you are holding your coins in the official client, just be sure you are using the version 1.3.0. If it is an earlier version, just update. If not, you'll simply will not be able to see updated balances on your wallet, as you will not accept new blocks. However you'll always control your funds as long as you keep your recovery seed, so you can update at any moment in the future to send those coins anywhere else.

If you are holding on a exchange, it is safe to assume all the big ones are running an updated version of Sia, so they will keep operating normally (the compatible version was released 6 months ago!). However, as you probably know, holding your funds long-term on an exchange is a horrible idea as you don't control the keys of your coins, and so the exchanges can crash, can be hacked, can run away with your money, and you'll lose everything. For any coin you have, the safest place is always the official client (or a hardware wallet if the coins has one available, not the case of Sia), so you'll always control the keys that give access to the funds.

I have heard that sia is planning to launch its own campaign, what about the original concept, i mean the cloud storage services should be developed and be a success before launching a new project.
As far as we are aware, the developing company (Nebulous) does not have any other project they are preparing. Nebulous also owns a subsidiary called Obelisk that is developing ASIC miners, but the team behind it is different from the team developing SIa (with the exception of the CEO and the PR)
Mefestofel_Mefis

Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:12:22 PM

Wow, sia went to .0094€ . It s always been .006€ or less . Is there any reason for this spike and should we sell now or will it rise higher?
bgblevins

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 04:27:50 PM

It will be at block 135000 and we are currently at block 134679 (you can check the current block at https://www.siastats.info/index.html). Block time average is 10 minutes, so the hardfork is expected in 53 hours

If you are holding your coins in the official client, just be sure you are using the version 1.3.0. If it is an earlier version, just update. If not, you'll simply will not be able to see updated balances on your wallet, as you will not accept new blocks. However you'll always control your funds as long as you keep your recovery seed, so you can update at any moment in the future to send those coins anywhere else.

If you are holding on a exchange, it is safe to assume all the big ones are running an updated version of Sia, so they will keep operating normally (the compatible version was released 6 months ago!). However, as you probably know, holding your funds long-term on an exchange is a horrible idea as you don't control the keys of your coins, and so the exchanges can crash, can be hacked, can run away with your money, and you'll lose everything. For any coin you have, the safest place is always the official client (or a hardware wallet if the coins has one available, not the case of Sia), so you'll always control the keys that give access to the funds.

As far as we are aware, the developing company (Nebulous) does not have any other project they are preparing. Nebulous also owns a subsidiary called Obelisk that is developing ASIC miners, but the team behind it is different from the team developing SIa (with the exception of the CEO and the PR)

Thank you for your response. I am currently holding on an exchange, but I will take your advise and move to the client.
aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1256

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:13:06 PM

good responses as always Hakkane. plenty of details!
I have my SIA on Bittrex so I will continue to hold there
although I will be updating the SIAwallet and move the
tokens there.

Great to hear also that development is moving along
contrary to what has been said before on this thread
when the $ value was shrinking.

SIA is still here.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:19:33 PM

Sia is just getting warmed up. Once the new features start rolling out, we should see the interest spike back up. Glad to see the FUD has died down on this thread  Cheesy
Rickirs

Activity: 206
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:27:53 PM

Thank you for your response. I am currently holding on an exchange, but I will take your advise and move to the client.

Thats quite informative, glad to see your insight in simple and precise way Smiley
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:28:04 PM

Hello everyone, I'm new, tell me about the platform?

Check the wiki: https://siawiki.tech/index

A good article to start is: https://siawiki.tech/about/introduction_to_sia

and do you encrypting, guyz?

All the data uploaded to the Sia network is encrypted by the TwoFish algorithm, considered one of the safest available.

is this actually the siacoin we have been lookng for? :\ i'm hyper<<<

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
ju34400

Activity: 1274
Merit: 511

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:27:18 PM

off course it's the safest way but this wallet is a Chinese puzzle for me, plus it takes a lot of space and put weeks to syncronize
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:48:49 PM

off course it's the safest way but this wallet is a Chinese puzzle for me, plus it takes a lot of space and put weeks to syncronize

SIAcoin maybe 1000+ when the new asics come online Wink weeee

https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_sc

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
CORNEL

Activity: 1008
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 06:53:22 PM

Wow, sia went to .0094€ . It s always been .006€ or less . Is there any reason for this spike and should we sell now or will it rise higher?

Don't listen others much hard to tell about this spike what is going to happen in future. If you think you have chance to make profitable exit than it depend on you but I will keep hold my bag for long term.
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: