Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:52:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Sia - Decentralized Storage  (Read 1382131 times)
MaryAngela_Fantocci

Activity: 462
Merit: 252

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:25:51 PM

Hello, I'm looking for an information how many Sia can I receive in month for 1TB disk space with uptime near 95% and 100mbit/bandwidth, maybe there is some kind of calculator?

.BEST.CHANGE..███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:24:58 AM

my point on 2) to your point above is the worth of siacoin will be determined by its use in the network storage solution as ASIC machines are used on that network...from what I understand...thus with that in place and before bitmain came out....sia-tech said they would have 25% inflation above 100% coin in existence PER MONTH..my point is the puppy
better work as a storage token...it won't work IMHO, as a speculative coin ...as it is now...with that kind of inflation.which is even MORE now with bitmain units..

anyway, correct me if I'm wrong...how I am viewing this product/protocol/storage vision

There is something incorrect in your reasoning. The amount of hashing power generated by the mining network is totally unrelated to the Supply of coins. This is a common misunderstanding of PoW coins. If the amount of hashrate increases 100x because of a massive deployment of ASICs from Bitmain or whichever other manufacturer, the difficulty of mining will increase instantly 100x to compensate and keep the block time, the block reward and the Inflation stable.

When ASICs are released in a GPU-mined coin, or a new generation of ASICs is released in a coin that already uses ASICs, it doesn't mean more coins will be generated every minute. It just means that the same amount of coins that are usually mined will be redistributed to the new generation of ASICs, and old generations will become unprofitable (they get outcompeted).

So it doesn't matter how much hashrate is added to the network or which manufacturer comes in: the Supply and the Inflation are immutable and predictable. You can check which will be the evolution of both in the next years in these charts: https://www.siastats.info/supply_inflation

OK...I'm with you so far, the question I have is WITH the amount of ASIC's coming into play for a currently existing GPU coin...and/or the price involved NOW...make any real difference in
price in the future...or as I assumed..it all comes down to the fact Siacoin has to deliver (and ASIC's with their role) as a method of decentralized network that is the mainstay in Sia-techs attempt to make a decentralized internet of things storage network....that is priced at 10c to Amazon's Cloud $1.00 price now/soon say this summer....thus non-centralized....and much cheaper to store data....fufilling a big need for cloud type storage at a much better value.

IF from what I can tell from what you say...is all that happens when the network goes from GPU to ASIC is that it would have little effect and the current price of the coin goes sideways say, or no or little effect but the 'spoils' of
say, and as such such now just shift to Asic's playing field..and GPU's are toast....but would putter along with ASIC'S in the same manner as GPU price/use wise..until the storage network
vision happens?

Anyway, how I see this, the coin has to have 'legs' from what I understand this is Sia-techs niche...they don't pull it off this summer the project will flame out..and ASIC's will be shut off ..if by that point they have upsurped the GPU's as the main network ...and it will all just dribble out to naught..price will be relected as such an this coin will be dust...

thus the bet, again IMHO

brad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
shamman666

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:04:06 AM

my point on 2) to your point above is the worth of siacoin will be determined by its use in the network storage solution as ASIC machines are used on that network...from what I understand...thus with that in place and before bitmain came out....sia-tech said they would have 25% inflation above 100% coin in existence PER MONTH..my point is the puppy
better work as a storage token...it won't work IMHO, as a speculative coin ...as it is now...with that kind of inflation.which is even MORE now with bitmain units..

anyway, correct me if I'm wrong...how I am viewing this product/protocol/storage vision

There is something incorrect in your reasoning. The amount of hashing power generated by the mining network is totally unrelated to the Supply of coins. This is a common misunderstanding of PoW coins. If the amount of hashrate increases 100x because of a massive deployment of ASICs from Bitmain or whichever other manufacturer, the difficulty of mining will increase instantly 100x to compensate and keep the block time, the block reward and the Inflation stable.

When ASICs are released in a GPU-mined coin, or a new generation of ASICs is released in a coin that already uses ASICs, it doesn't mean more coins will be generated every minute. It just means that the same amount of coins that are usually mined will be redistributed to the new generation of ASICs, and old generations will become unprofitable (they get outcompeted).

So it doesn't matter how much hashrate is added to the network or which manufacturer comes in: the Supply and the Inflation are immutable and predictable. You can check which will be the evolution of both in the next years in these charts: https://www.siastats.info/supply_inflation

OK...I'm with you so far, the question I have is WITH the amount of ASIC's coming into play for a currently existing GPU coin...and/or the price involved NOW...make any real difference in
price in the future...or as I assumed..it all comes down to the fact Siacoin has to deliver (and ASIC's with their role) as a method of decentralized network that is the mainstay in Sia-techs attempt to make a decentralized internet of things storage network....that is priced at 10c to Amazon's Cloud $1.00 price now/soon say this summer....thus non-centralized....and much cheaper to store data....fufilling a big need for cloud type storage at a much better value.

IF from what I can tell from what you say...is all that happens when the network goes from GPU to ASIC is that it would have little effect and the current price of the coin goes sideways say, or no or little effect but the 'spoils' of
say, and as such such now just shift to Asic's playing field..and GPU's are toast....but would putter along with ASIC'S in the same manner as GPU price/use wise..until the storage network
vision happens?

Anyway, how I see this, the coin has to have 'legs' from what I understand this is Sia-techs niche...they don't pull it off this summer the project will flame out..and ASIC's will be shut off ..if by that point they have upsurped the GPU's as the main network ...and it will all just dribble out to naught..price will be relected as such an this coin will be dust...

thus the bet, again IMHO

brad

opening the registrations to Bitrex, and if we add this coin to 10 exchanges, we will still see growth.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 08:57:12 AM

vision happens?

thus the bet, again IMHO

brad

opening the registrations to Bitrex, and if we add this coin to 10 exchanges, we will still see growth.

we all can help, here is the Binance vote for SC ->>
if you don't have an account you can use my reff
https://www.binance.com/?ref=10276576

1 VOTE = 0,1 BNB (1$)
https://www.binance.com/vote.html

Vote SiaCoin

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 12:25:45 PM

Almost 24 000 000 new siacoin created in just 24H. So, you know now why the price it will go in just one direction? the down.

https://twitter.com/1BitcoinLover/status/966647235680374785

up or down it depends on what is the asking/selling price on the market, not on how many coins are in circulation

so, do not sell it for pennies, this is the story

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
icosscam

Activity: 73

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 12:34:27 PM

If my calculation is right it needs 4 years to move price. As we know inflation are terrifying bug right now for SC so if it will be generating 25 million per day we will be ok.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:03:00 PM

Almost 24 000 000 new siacoin created in just 24H. So, you know now why the price it will go in just one direction? the down.

up or down it depends on what is the asking/selling price on the market, not on how many coins are in circulation

When the supply is more than the demand, the price will go definitely down. So, the supply make a big difference, and everyone from the miners can't hold their mining rewards, because of the big mining rewards.

I'm a miner, and I am not selling a coin on this price, or even on a double or triple price
just hodl.

big_daddy

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 01:17:42 PM

When the supply is more than the demand, the price will go definitely down. So, the supply make a big difference, and everyone from the miners can't hold their mining rewards, because of the big mining rewards.

I'm a miner, and I am not selling a coin on this price, or even on a double or triple price
just hodl.

Maybe you, you hold, but there's thousands of other miners. So, we can't take your case like a base.

thinking of a great future SiaCoin will have, my logic is not to sell SC for pennies

Regards.

nagobinga

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 01:26:18 PM

swimming in the ocean with big waves and for most miners with such a network, there is no point just getting empty wallets without content ,, maybe having to find a bigger mining place. Smiley Smiley
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:30:21 PM

A binance listing is very important and with the right partnership, we can cause a moon
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:33:52 PM

swimming in the ocean with big waves and for most miners with such a network, there is no point just getting empty wallets without content ,, maybe having to find a bigger mining place. Smiley Smiley
Mainly to dream and work hard to achieve your goal Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
kolt

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:07:44 PM

Binance  on the coveted currencies appeared. One of the voting items is SIA, which seems to me to be a very good building block for price and a larger HODLER base.

In this case, we need votes (0.1 BNB each):

Every miner or asic owner should vote on Binance for SiaCoin. This is a huge opportunity for Sia, another big exchange will boost price and also miner profit!

So go vote!

If every holder and asic buyer will vote will be an easy win!
DroidR17A

Activity: 490
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:22:24 PM

I missed some of the news regarding Bitman Sia ASICs. Is Sia modifying the code to block them, or are Obelisk owners now going to see lower returns due to Bitman beating to the finish line?
WE.MISAYA

Activity: 271
Merit: 100

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 07:27:24 PM

Binance  on the coveted currencies appeared. One of the voting items is SIA, which seems to me to be a very good building block for price and a larger HODLER base.

Every miner or asic owner should vote on Binance for SiaCoin. This is a huge opportunity for Sia, another big exchange will boost price and also miner profit!

So go vote!

That's under a dollar per vote. So that shouldn't be an excuse to anyone who has financial or any other interest in the network. But sometimes people are just too lazy to do the easiest things.

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱Blockchain's First Payment API❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱❱
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram
scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:37:23 PM

So go vote!

That's under a dollar per vote. So that shouldn't be an excuse to anyone who has financial or any other interest in the network. But sometimes people are just too lazy to do the easiest things.

Yeah, if it gets listed on Binance the price probably pumps quite a bit, especially because it doesn't have a USD/USDT pair yet... similar to what happened (almost) with XRP.

MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:26:37 PM

I missed some of the news regarding Bitman Sia ASICs. Is Sia modifying the code to block them, or are Obelisk owners now going to see lower returns due to Bitman beating to the finish line?

Sia is not modifying the code to block them, and decided they would only do so if ASIC decided to harm the network with say a 51% attack. So yes, this will mean lower rewards on the Obelisk.
RocketSpeed

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:48:00 PM

Sia Community is a Big Joke, look at voting for Binance.We have a chance to rise sia to top market coins  95k on twitter, 30k on reddit and what? 700 Votes.. There are coins i never heard about and we sitting on 8th place haha
Let me be honest, a truly regret i invest in that coin. Just waiting for some waves and im gonna sell it seriously.
Right now its all joke about this coin.

PR no exist,No news,wallet problems, only two exchanges in game(rest is low volume) and talking about mining all the time Cheesy
Coins in Voting have really good support community.We have nothing. Sia from 3B market cap drop to 700m. Only binance can put that coin higher.But Community is a joke, and sia team not have 50 BTC to put in on Binance xD its a really joke.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:17:02 PM

Sia is not modifying the code to block them, and decided they would only do so if ASIC decided to harm the network with say a 51% attack. So yes, this will mean lower rewards on the Obelisk.

I am 'mentally' preparing myself for my FIVE Obelisk SC-1's arriving in FULL DOORSTOP mode. Sad

Thus, as a reminder, if that is the case, to leave them UNOPENED, in that the cardboard slides easier for doorstop use, if left in the cardboard box. Sad

I DID however get ONE FREE Decred miner (2nd batch of those) for my FIVE $800 buck coupons. Someone much bigger than me, got 4 units with

those coupons and spot'd me the 800 bucks and last coupon for the free decred miner....(sorry, me of little faith I punted)

I was actually a nice guy and tried to talk him out of it..but he is a big miner and badly needed the equip write off...thus he 'tossed a hail mary pass'

Anyway, I guess it would be really, really hard for me NOT to ROI on that ONE decred unit..but as of now...how I'm looking at this somewhat in 20/20

hindsight 'dubious' investment...(oh well, got it when price of BTC was high, tax man would have gotten 50% last year and/or with 25% equipment

equipment deduction (5 year compressed to 1 year on taxes I paid last year in real $$$) ...so I really only have to have the FIVE units make 25% of

cost back, AFTER electric to call it a wash.....

but, still thinking doorstops for the Obelisk SC-1's with Bitmain's involvement...(it is how they roll...toaster city till your cypto is worthless vs difficulty)

(sorry, in a mood) Sad

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Ronin35

Activity: 136
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:18:48 PM

I was reading the whitepaper and It seems to have an interesting business plan. It could be a good investiment!
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Clueless!

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:31:06 PM

I was reading the whitepaper and It seems to have an interesting business plan. It could be a good investiment!

this could still be true...but the sia-tech network can work just DANDY on Bitmain Units in mass (shipping now and in the world) and/or more in mass

(As is Bitmain's forte! Kicking them out like Toasters!) Sad

Thus, sia-tech and its decentralized storage network could be quiet ROBUST w/o any of their Obelisk SC-1 products even being involved....only Bitmain

units by July...driving up difficulty etc....

so yeah, the protocol could be just fine....the folk that got the Obelisk SC-1 units...er not so much, by the time they actually ship..it could all be moot!

Pages: « 1 ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 [398] 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 ... 496 »
  Print  

Jump to: