Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:50:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s Is Days From Opening Restaurant Run Entirely By Robots  (Read 15853 times)
spirit of btc

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 05:45:19 PM

It says the location will have a minimal staff to maintain the robots. So it is NOT ENTIRELY run by robots. Just mostly.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 06:21:07 PM
Last edit: June 17, 2015, 01:41:47 AM by Falconer

It says the location will have a minimal staff to maintain the robots. So it is NOT ENTIRELY run by robots. Just mostly.

Yeah that's for now. But we don't know what will be happened in future right? If you read the post before this, you will find article "Damaged Robot Can 'Heal' Itself in Less Than 2 Minutes" by Wilikon. So, it's be possible to the machines to work alone without human employees helping in future.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
brendanjhwu

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 16, 2015, 11:09:37 PM

Inb4 McDonald's takes over the world with their new "cooks".  I like the idea though, gotta try it out.
renbit

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

[insert trending meme] 人

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 01:17:16 AM

What will happen to all the people that want higher minimum wage once fast food goes robot? Who will they protest to give them more money for the entry level work?

This would be great and awful...riots would result, unfortunately.

Then the riot control robot trucks will take care of them...

That movie was so ahead of its time. Cool

whats the movie , looks good ?

(oYo)

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

I like boobies

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 01:41:30 AM

What will happen to all the people that want higher minimum wage once fast food goes robot? Who will they protest to give them more money for the entry level work?

This would be great and awful...riots would result, unfortunately.
Then the riot control robot trucks will take care of them...

That movie was so ahead of its time. Cool
whats the movie , looks good ?
Soylent Green. The trailer includes snippets of the scene that pic is taken from.

Gabriel.S

Activity: 178

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:41:59 AM

Will this make it cheaper now?
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:49:40 AM

All I have to say is FINALLY!

God, if I have to wait in line again for 30 minutes because the little old Pilipino lady behind the counter keeps making mistakes, you could put one person behind the burger machine and pay them twice as much.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 04:09:57 AM

But, we don't know exactly what will be happened to ex human employees. Lost their job and can't do anything.

A job with the McDonald's is not a high paying one anyway. Most of their employees are illegal immigrants and individuals who do part-time job, such as students. I don't think this initiative will have a sizable effect on the unemployment rates, although in the United States, McD is one of the top employers, in terms of the number of employees.
mayflor2

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 08:54:02 AM

I personally would like to see few restaurants being operated by robots, in the future it is very likely possible that the current workforce will be replaced by robots Smiley

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:23:45 PM

I also hope it will bring prices down at macdonaldses in comparision with other fast food restourants.

I don't think so. Their prices are more or less reasonable. The only thing is that they should bring more quality and better hygiene to their food. May be they should use more organic food instead of all those processed items. And using robots might be expensive. The cheapest versions can cost as much as a few hundred thousand USD.

The Singapore Vertical-Farms that herald an Agricultural Revolution
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nFQOkzEjxQ

High-tech Dutch trend of 'city farming' grows food faster without sunlight
http://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2015/05/high-tech_dutch_farming_grows.html

PlantLab: Urban Farms 40 Times More Productive than Open Fields
http://weburbanist.com/2015/04/02/plantlab-urban-farms-40-times-more-productive-than-open-fields/

Urban farming is still a dream... But. Imaging McDonald's becoming a farmer. McFarming's everywhere...

I know they try to care about "good food" because they got a lot bad press and image for their fast food. But i dont see them being too much involved. I mean when you know about pink goop, chicken nuggets made from the whole chicken, including inner organs, bones and... you dont want to think about. https://docakilah.wordpress.com/2011/05/11/can-you-guess-what-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-food-item-this-is/

McDonalds surely will always take the cheap option. Only if their image is hurt they try to change something. A little bit.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:50:21 PM

McDonalds surely will always take the cheap option. Only if their image is hurt they try to change something. A little bit.

As long as their food is not hazardous to health, I don't have any problem. But still, the thought of eating chicken nuggets, which are made from inner organs (such as kidneys, heart, and thyroid glands) and bones makes me nauseous (the last time I had chicken nuggets from McD was in 2011). Are you sure that eating these food products will not cause any serious health issues later?
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2015, 12:55:33 PM

As long as their food is not hazardous to health, I don't have any problem. But still, the thought of eating chicken nuggets, which are made from inner organs (such as kidneys, heart, and thyroid glands) and bones makes me nauseous (the last time I had chicken nuggets from McD was in 2011). Are you sure that eating these food products will not cause any serious health issues later?

As far as i read McDonalds stopped using that because the public outcry was too big.

And no, i dont know if that will bring problems to healt. The beauty for companies in the US is... they dont need to proof that something is not dangerous, they can use it until it shows that its dangerous. In europe companies would need to show that something is not dangerous. Then they can use it.

And with the free trade agreements these blessings to companies can be spread over the world. If people dont stand up against it.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
MadGamer
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1031

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 12:56:55 PM

i just googled and found that 1.7 million people around the world are employees at McDonald ,so their jobs and salaries should simply rest in peace right now ?  Huh dosen't seem to be so fair does it (if all restaurants become with robots)
mikaljan

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:32:54 PM

Now that they hire only robots, I don’t know what I can even do. I don’t have an education, a car, and now I’m not gonna even be able to get a burger job. Just the thought of having to go to the state unemployment office and stand in line with those scumbags.

josephliton

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:37:23 PM

Phoenix, AZ — After seeing a decline in earnings for the first time in nine years, McDonald’s plans to do something no other store of its kind has ever done before; open a store run entirely by robots.

The store is set to open July 4th in Phoenix, Arizona once the state-of-the-art robot remodel is complete. The restaurant will still employee a small team to insure all of the robots are working correctly, the food along with the cleaning supplies remaining stocked and removing the money collected by the robots. If the test launch for the store is a success, visitors to the restaurant can soon expect to see these new robots working in harmony at a speed of 50 times faster than the average human employee, with no chance of error, located in every store all over the country.

The store’s new manager, Jay Funkhouser, told CNN that he has worked with the machines in a product development facility in San Francisco for over six months now and speaks highly of the robots.

“These things are great! They get their work done in a fast and orderly manner. And they don’t ask for cigarette breaks.”

http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

---------------------------------------------------
They can't pee in your lemonade either...

Is it McD’s causing mass unemployment or the unskilled workers asking for $15/hr? Big question… hmmm, I don’t know, I would have to say both sides are to blame, no? Well, sure the workers are asking for $15 which is foolish. But they didn’t point it out in clear words in this article, but they did touch on the subject (without explaining why they mentioned it) – their share prices. Well, why’s that a concern? Well, unless if you’ve been sleeping under a rock for the last 10 years, you know about McD’s slow decline which has been accelerating rappidly as of late. It all started with that Super Size Me Movie – that was the moment when people started questioning what is it that they buy from this place called McD’s? Is it good for you? It went from that to people talking about all over the place and online, you know – P2P marketing – but in a bad way to them. You can find youtube videos all over the place showing Big Macs that don’t mold or rot 5 years after purchase, same with their fries. Is this really food? Or is it plastic? Or is it both? 100% beef? Last time I checked real beef rots in days, not years! Plus all the food they mix with the plastics in their “food” is GMO – and people don’t want that neither. So, people are more informed now, people don’t want to eat their Mc”food”. The article didn’t mention it, but unless if you haven’t heard – google it – McDonald’s has been losing money fast – their earnings have been steadily on decline for the last 11 consecutive months. This is their move of desperation trying to avoid bankruptcy – their workers expect $15 an hour, and their customers are fleeing their stores in droves – they don’t want their plastic, GMO, fake “food” anymore. They’re humpty dumpty, and not all the kings horses, or all the king’s men won’t be able to put him back together again! No, robots will not fix McHumpty Dumpty, people will continue to avoid the so called “food” they sell, and I think the introduction of robots just might even accelerate their decline even more – people don’t want their so called “food” no more, and now, people will feel insulted that the place won’t even employ their lazy teenage son who can’t get a job even if he looked for one.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:38:13 PM

i just googled and found that 1.7 million people around the world are employees at McDonald ,so their jobs and salaries should simply rest in peace right now ?

WTF? Just because McDonald's is experimenting with robots in just one of its restaurants, it doesn't mean that they will lay off all their employees. Their jobs are safe, for at least the next two decades. After that... I am not sure. But just remember what happened to all those clerks, when computers replaced them. They quickly found some other better paying job, without much difficulty. The same will happen here.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:39:56 PM

But, we don't know exactly what will be happened to ex human employees. Lost their job and can't do anything.

A job with the McDonald's is not a high paying one anyway. Most of their employees are illegal immigrants and individuals who do part-time job, such as students. I don't think this initiative will have a sizable effect on the unemployment rates, although in the United States, McD is one of the top employers, in terms of the number of employees.

Yeah, but all of us have known that McDonald's spread their franchises almost in all countries. The situation in US surely have differences with other countries, so not all of McDonalsd's have the illegal immigrants and part time job employees there.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
kencoles

Activity: 244

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:42:35 PM

Yeah, but all of us have known that McDonald's spread their franchises almost in all countries. The situation in US surely have differences with other countries, so not all of McDonalsd's have the illegal immigrants and part time job employees there.

You know how the robots revolted in Terminator? It’s only a matter of time before that happens at this McDonald’s. Everyone needs to move their family out of the United States NOW while they still have a fighting chance.

gobpaul

Activity: 336

Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:45:19 PM

You know how the robots revolted in Terminator? It’s only a matter of time before that happens at this McDonald’s. Everyone needs to move their family out of the United States NOW while they still have a fighting chance.

There was no robot revolt in terminator (you’re thinking of the Matrix~). skynet was created to prevent wars, the fastest way to prevent war was to eliminate mankind. No humans, No wars.

mackbells

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 01:47:49 PM

Phoenix, AZ — After seeing a decline in earnings for the first time in nine years, McDonald’s plans to do something no other store of its kind has ever done before; open a store run entirely by robots.

The store is set to open July 4th in Phoenix, Arizona once the state-of-the-art robot remodel is complete. The restaurant will still employee a small team to insure all of the robots are working correctly, the food along with the cleaning supplies remaining stocked and removing the money collected by the robots. If the test launch for the store is a success, visitors to the restaurant can soon expect to see these new robots working in harmony at a speed of 50 times faster than the average human employee, with no chance of error, located in every store all over the country.

The store’s new manager, Jay Funkhouser, told CNN that he has worked with the machines in a product development facility in San Francisco for over six months now and speaks highly of the robots.

“These things are great! They get their work done in a fast and orderly manner. And they don’t ask for cigarette breaks.”

http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

---------------------------------------------------
They can't pee in your lemonade either...

Well first your name says it all – second you have either never been to a McDonalds or looked in the back and see what goes on. Lazy is not a term that I would use. I fell for their Management Program idea all I got was 8hrs a day with running my ass off to keep up with demand. If I wanted the training I would have to stay after work – on my own time to access the training from the intraweb that could not be accessed from home. You definitely come home at the end of the 10 hrs 8 hrs paid and 2 hours free a worn out person. Since I was a man with many years of Management experience I started at 9 dollars an hour with a promise of fast track entry into Management. I took this low pay and spent my own time and McDonalds didn’t follow through on their end. The main take away is that they work their asses off for little or nothing while the store (I worked at) netted 3 million a year.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: