Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 07:51:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: McDonald’s Is Days From Opening Restaurant Run Entirely By Robots  (Read 15857 times)
notbatman
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1038

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 12:03:52 PM
Last edit: March 21, 2016, 12:13:54 PM by notbatman

In what a funny society we live in! Soon everything wil be robotised and where will the humans go? I don't like this scenario.

http://www.techworm.net/2015/09/ai-robot-tells-human-creators-that-it-will-keep-them-in-a-people-zoo.html

What AI couldn't love an analytical pet monkey? Get them to do SHA256 hashes by hand in exchange for bananas burgers.
boyptc

Activity: 3010
Merit: 680

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 02:43:11 PM

Technology nowadays soon there will be no more service crews, but robot crews.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 04:06:00 AM

In what a funny society we live in! Soon everything wil be robotised and where will the humans go? I don't like this scenario.

We don't need to go anywhere. Automation should continue. Just change the way society works. Maybe introduce universal income. With more incentives for people to work on the few jobs left. Or keep doing the same thing. And watch inequality increase more and more. And maybe a civil war or two.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 06:37:30 AM

We don't need to go anywhere. Automation should continue. Just change the way society works. Maybe introduce universal income. With more incentives for people to work on the few jobs left. Or keep doing the same thing. And watch inequality increase more and more. And maybe a civil war or two.

Come up with a way to be SURE that a 'universal income' system does not turn into a totalitarian nightmare with 'inequality' like the world has never see, which will be nearly impossible to reverse, and which it is almost certain.  Do it BEFORE implementing such a solution.  We need a very strong 'poison pill' against such a thing else it seems to me completely inevitable and I'll take my chances on the Mad Max side and work toward that outcome.  Simply put, this would be a preferable way for humans live as I see it as bad as it sounds.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 22, 2016, 07:19:11 PM

I don't think governments around the world will accept that companies only work with robots. If people don't get normal jobs and can't earn money they will start protesting.
samlanhan1

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:03:15 PM

Soon Your Domino’s Pizza Will Be Delivered By Robots

[cente][im]https://i.sli.mg/7vBjoR.jpg[/img][/center]

Domino’s has announced they’re trialing a new way to deliver pizza to people’s doors in New Zealand: a cute little pizza delivering robot called DRU (a Domino Robotic Unit).

Domino’s says DRU can do all the stuff a human pizza driver can (apart from offer comfort if you open the door sobbing). It can follow a map, navigate streets and roads, and avoid any obstacles.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/19/soon-your-dominos-pizza-will-be-delivered-by-robots-5761592/

American tradition is to offer the delivery person a bong hit.  At least here on the Left coast.  In my experience, few refused.  Don't try this with the robot or you are likely to be reported to the authorities.

I wonder how long it will be before these delivery robots are offering to take care of your monthly mandatory vaccinations along with the complementary packets of crushed red peppers and parmesan cheese.

That wold never go down here in the East coast unless you know the people pretty well.  But the robots scene is definitely moving faster. By the time we're all old and dying robots will be the norm.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:08:29 PM

Phoenix, AZ — After seeing a decline in earnings for the first time in nine years, McDonald’s plans to do something no other store of its kind has ever done before; open a store run entirely by robots.

The store is set to open July 4th in Phoenix, Arizona once the state-of-the-art robot remodel is complete. The restaurant will still employee a small team to insure all of the robots are working correctly, the food along with the cleaning supplies remaining stocked and removing the money collected by the robots. If the test launch for the store is a success, visitors to the restaurant can soon expect to see these new robots working in harmony at a speed of 50 times faster than the average human employee, with no chance of error, located in every store all over the country.

The store’s new manager, Jay Funkhouser, told CNN that he has worked with the machines in a product development facility in San Francisco for over six months now and speaks highly of the robots.

“These things are great! They get their work done in a fast and orderly manner. And they don’t ask for cigarette breaks.”

http://newsexaminer.net/food/mcdonalds-to-open-restaurant-run-by-robots/

---------------------------------------------------
They can't pee in your lemonade either...

i love the idea .. but it doesnt work in reality.. how can a robot react an angry unsatisfied customer.. it is so clear that a robot cant handle such situations so there is no need to hire robots on mcdonalds restaurants..
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 05:32:22 PM

i love the idea .. but it doesnt work in reality.. how can a robot react an angry unsatisfied customer.. it is so clear that a robot cant handle such situations so there is no need to hire robots on mcdonalds restaurants..

Easy:  Spray the customer with a mist of tranquilizers.  Mike Judge's documentary 'Idiocracy' covered that one already.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Gronthaing
Legendary

Activity: 1135

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:18:47 AM

Come up with a way to be SURE that a 'universal income' system does not turn into a totalitarian nightmare with 'inequality' like the world has never see, which will be nearly impossible to reverse, and which it is almost certain.  Do it BEFORE implementing such a solution.  We need a very strong 'poison pill' against such a thing else it seems to me completely inevitable and I'll take my chances on the Mad Max side and work toward that outcome.  Simply put, this would be a preferable way for humans live as I see it as bad as it sounds.

Don't want a totalitarian nightmare either. And don't believe universal income would do that. But I agree that it should be tested first. And its consequences well studied. But isn't that what is starting to happen already? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basic_income_around_the_world There are many pilot projects around the world. And results so far don't look bad.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 08:29:35 AM

They should have a manager or atleast a supervisor that observe the robots if there's something wrong. Hahaha
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:26:21 PM

Wendy’s Now Moving To SELF-SERVICE KIOSKS

Wendy’s (WEN) said that self-service ordering kiosks will be made available across its 6,000-plus restaurants in the second half of the year as minimum wage hikes and a tight labor market push up wages.

It will be up to franchisees whether to deploy the labor-saving technology, but Wendy’s President Todd Penegor did note that some franchise locations have been raising prices to offset wage hikes.

McDonald’s (MCD) has been testing self-service kiosks. But Wendy’s, which has been vocal about embracing labor-saving technology, is launching the biggest potential expansion.

Wendy’s Penegor said company-operated stores, only about 10% of the total, are seeing wage inflation of 5% to 6%, driven both by the minimum wage and some by the need to offer a competitive wage “to access good labor.”

It’s not surprising that some franchisees might face more of a labor-cost squeeze than company restaurants. All 258 Wendy’s restaurants in California, where the minimum wage rose to $10 an hour this year and will gradually rise to $15, are franchise-operated. Likewise, about 75% of 200-plus restaurants in New York are run by franchisees. New York’s fast-food industry wage rose to $10.50 in New York City and $9.75 in the rest of the state at the start of 2016, also on the way to $15.

http://www.investors.com/politics/policy/wendys-serves-up-kiosks-as-wages-rise-hits-fast-food-group/

Evildrum

Activity: 84

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 05:37:39 PM

I think the funniest aspect but really sad is how people bash unions for being lazy and out of date and here we have the lower wage field being kicked to the curb because it will increase profit. It will go from fast food to every big box store and then office workers.
Was looking at a article about welding being done all by robot and our current government pushed a ton of kids into the field because they where promised 25-30 years of work and most likely retire in the trade. Well the jobs never came through and we have a bunch of kids that where never working side by side with a qualified tradesperson but flew through the schooling.
So enter the robot and they are looking at being unemployed in the next 10-15 years as the field dries up.

This will happen every where as we move towards profit margins being the main driver instead of a work force.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 06:13:40 PM

I think the funniest aspect but really sad is how people bash unions for being lazy and out of date and here we have the lower wage field being kicked to the curb because it will increase profit. It will go from fast food to every big box store and then office workers.
Was looking at a article about welding being done all by robot and our current government pushed a ton of kids into the field because they where promised 25-30 years of work and most likely retire in the trade. Well the jobs never came through and we have a bunch of kids that where never working side by side with a qualified tradesperson but flew through the schooling.
So enter the robot and they are looking at being unemployed in the next 10-15 years as the field dries up.

This will happen every where as we move towards profit margins being the main driver instead of a work force.

Where would bitcoin be if not for an algorithm? That's the nature of things humans build.

iPhones.......?

Evildrum

Activity: 84

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 09:54:42 PM

Not against progress, just do not look forward to seeing so many people out of work. It will change society for the worse having so many frustrated people trying to survive.
Guaranteed income would help a little but waffle on that being the best solution we can think of.

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 13, 2016, 10:10:28 PM

Not against progress, just do not look forward to seeing so many people out of work. It will change society for the worse having so many frustrated people trying to survive.
Guaranteed income would help a little but waffle on that being the best solution we can think of.

The point I was trying to make with the switchboard image is no one can imagine what could come next. We can only speculate based on how we experience life everyday. The solution we propose now is already stuck in the past, because everything moves forward all the time, faster than our somewhat static imagination...

Smiley

btcbunny

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:25:26 AM

Yes it is a very intresting news but i cant understand how does a Robot know if the food is done, still raw, or whatever. it is a new begining lets see how it goes  Grin
target
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1041

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 03:40:00 AM

Yes it is a very intresting news but i cant understand how does a Robot know if the food is done, still raw, or whatever. it is a new begining lets see how it goes  Grin
They programmed how it will work. Production companies do have robots on their assembly lines but still needs a lot of people.
it has to be an engineer in case the robots mess up.  unsatisfied customers has to take it or leave  Grin And so theres still the need of people skills here.

They should have a manager or atleast a supervisor that observe the robots if there's something wrong. Hahaha

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 07:21:20 AM

This is a great and new for us , but there's still more disadvantage i think if only robots will serve in the sense of heart and common feelings that only people to people will feel ,also the factor that it will take over the  job of our country men and women.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 11:14:52 AM

Its good thing for technology but not good for human being, if all the job can be replace by robots there will be a lot of unemployed people,  alot of unemployed people will increase criminal rating
So for me this is not a good news

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 20, 2016, 02:54:58 PM

Its good thing for technology but not good for human being, if all the job can be replace by robots there will be a lot of unemployed people,  alot of unemployed people will increase criminal rating
So for me this is not a good news

Does that mean everyone working at a fast food restaurant is a future criminal?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: